April 24, 2024, 11:31:50 PM

Author Topic: Gloomy Day for Ghana  (Read 1951 times)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Gloomy Day for Ghana
« on: January 31, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »
It appears Diouf was right about Ghana, Togo and Angola. He stated that the wrong teams are representing Africa in World Cup. I ain't know what happen to the Black Stars Today. They couldn't even beat Zimbabwe nevertheless draw resulting in Diouf and the Senegal to go through dispite losing 2-1 to Nigeria. Besides the two goals they scored, they are poor on attack and had one impressive shot on goal for the whole tournament which came from appiah and their defense are so vulnerable. Italy will eat up that defense in world cup. After the  final round of matches i have to conclude that Nigeria is a team with talent and depth. Matins was great and he raise his game when he found out that Ghana was losing to Zimbabwe. That is what the commentator said. He scored two and was looking for a third to send senegal out. Nigeria wanted Senegal out and Ghana couldn't even build a case for themselves to make Diouf eat his words. But then at the end of the day Ghana will be preparing for the world cup while Ignorant Diouf will be watching the game home in Bolton

Ghana 1-2 Zimbabwe 
BBC SPORTS
Martin Davies
Ismailia Stadium

Ghana's John Pantsil (r) challenges Benjani for the ball

Ghana became the third World Cup-bound team to fail to go past the group stages at the African Cup of Nations after losing to 2-0 to Zimbabwe on Tuesday in Ismailia.

The Warriors, who were yet to earn their first point at the tournament, looked the stronger side from the start.

Veteran captain Peter Ndlovu and Portsmouth's Benjani Mwaruwai spear-headed the Zimbabwean attack which terrorised the Ghanaian half intermittently.

With the Black Stars defence under pressure, Zimbabwe were put 1-0 ahead by a 59th minute goal by Ghana defender Issah Ahmed.

The Ghanaian woes were compounded in the 69th minute when Benjani ran on to a loose ball on the edge of the area and calmly slots the ball into the net to put Zimbabwe 2-0 up.

With captain Stephen Appiah half-fit and and Laryea Kingston suspended, the Ghanaian midfield for most of the match looked non-existent as Zimbabwe worked hard to earn their first win of the competition.

Ghana's first serous attack on the Zimbabwe goal was scuppered by captain Stephen Appiah who was in the right place to latch on to a bouncing ball in the area - but he chose to blast his first-time shot and could not keep it down.

Zimbabwe had the chance to go 1-0 up in the 37th minute with Sammy Adjei pulling an acrobatic save to keep out Zvenyika Makonese's powerfully-struck free-kick which was heading for the top corner.

Moments later, Peter Ndlovu whipped in a brilliant cross but Benjani wasted another golden opportunity to put Zimbabwe ahead.

Before half-time Ghana were barely hanging on and the same pattern continued after the restart with the Ghana defence looking out of their depth for long spells.

With the game in injury time, Zimbabwe had cause to hope for a miraculous quarter-final berth but Benjani's goal was flagged offside by the linesman.

Ghana eventually found the back of the net though Baba Adamu's spectacular strike but with only seconds to go before the referee's final whistle, it was nothing more than a consolation for the Black Stars.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomy Day for Ghana
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »
Decent match. ^^^

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 02:31:53 PM »
Decent match. ^^^

You watch the Nigeria and Senegal match. If you know how i like how Nigeria does play.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »
Decent match. ^^^

You watch the Nigeria and Senegal match. If you know how i like how Nigeria does play.
Yeah two little poacher goals by martins. poor defending really. well done to nigeria coming back I was hoping ghana would go through they have some decent players other than the well known ones.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »
What channel alyuh watching those games on

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »
ah love nigeria bad and cameroon but ghana is my team, ah vex bad right now

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 03:47:22 PM »
Diouf is right. Cameroon is better than Ivory Coast and should have qualified for the WC, same is true of Nigeria..they are better than Angola and Senegal is better than Togo. BUT...they weren't better when it mattered and that is all that counts really. so the sour grapes sounds like bad sportsmanship...but he isn't saying anything that hasn't already been said by neutral observers

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 03:52:11 PM »

I watch it over the net but you have to pay 29.99 US for all my matches. I didn't pay. Just watch them with African friends at shool in their rooms. I does just go to thier room and just watch and cheer for anybody.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »
Decent match. ^^^

ehhhh hehhhh.lol.ah couldn resist.yuh sound like yuh is ah 100 years old.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
Diouf is right. Cameroon is better than Ivory Coast and should have qualified for the WC, same is true of Nigeria..they are better than Angola and Senegal is better than Togo. BUT...they weren't better when it mattered and that is all that counts really. so the sour grapes sounds like bad sportsmanship...but he isn't saying anything that hasn't already been said by neutral observers

the same thing they saying about us
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 05:18:43 PM »

I watch it over the net but you have to pay 29.99 US for all my matches. I didn't pay. Just watch them with African friends at shool in their rooms. I does just go to thier room and just watch and cheer for anybody.
lol. true
thats why this competition is interesting. I have a few african friends from ghana and nigeria at college they all battling against each other.lol

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »
All games are free online. Just download PPlive.com and check Asiaplate.com and boxtobox.co.uk to see what online channels they will be showing on...

Alyuh have money to waste or wat?

1]; } ?>