July 27, 2024, 09:02:20 AM

Author Topic: Thanks Angus - A True "Big" Small Man  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Thanks Angus - A True "Big" Small Man
« on: February 02, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »
I was surprised after reading the article on Eve retiring from International football, there were no posts on the article.

Well if it is only me so be it, but THANKS for the years of great service Angus.  Not being home and having only seen you representing the Red, White and the Black at the senior level, I was always impressed with your approach, fight and professionalism to the game.  Your performance in the Gold Cup under Bertille stays in my mind.  Most recently your performance in last years Gold Cup left me feeling that you could be a super sub for the Soca Warriors, coming on in the last fifteen minutes to up the tempo (either as a forward or midfield player).  Sadly, Beenie has saw fit to look elsewhere and I am not one to question Beenie.

Although you indicate that you are not bitter for being left back by Beenie and company, the statement below has some undertones of bitterness.  Granted Rougier is also an old Veteran, I believe the fact that the he has been in the past (and maybe showing signs once again) a utility player, able to play every position but goalkeeper, may be the reason for his inclusion.  Our biggest weakness is our wing backs and he might be cover.

“Guys like Tony Rougier are older than I am and they have been given the opportunity to be on the National team and when I look back my last few games for the National team, I think I have had some very good, strong performances and I still think I can make a strong contribution, unfortunately for me Mr. Beenhakker came into the picture and has not seen it that way and he has not looked in my direction, Eve lamented.”

Big up all the time, you wore the colours well.  Good luck in the coaching arena, with the same level of professionalism and dedication, I can see you being a successful coach in the future (maybe a future national coach).

I would not have suggested that you call it quits after the World Cup.  Yuh never know!!!  Keep the dream alive.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

truetrini

Re: Thanks Angus - A True "Big" Small Man
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 12:40:28 PM »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks Angus - A True "Big" Small Man
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:43:18 PM »

1]; } ?>