April 22, 2024, 08:46:06 PM

Author Topic: Conversation with Lincoln Phillips regarding the selection of players in 3 camp  (Read 4270 times)

truetrini

I asked the TD what process was used in the recent selection of players over the 3 day camp.

This was his response.

The selection process involvd 8 scouts.  6 of these scouts were coaches.

Ron La Forest. Mike Mc Comie, Terry Williams Atiba Pierre..most of the scouts were from the South!

Each scout had ONLY 1 vote!

All players were issued two shirts when they showed up for the camp.  A red shirt and a white shirt and each player was issued a number.  Players were then identified only by their numbers.

The players were then divided into 4 teams.  out of the 75 players we selected 28.  The scouts/coaches got together as a group and chose their best players.  I found their choices to be very consistent!

The majority of players selected were locally based.

The TD stated that he personally set up this style of screening system to avoid players being selected only because they were previously known by the coaches/scouts and to also prevent anyone region from dominating the process!

The TD further went on to state that the SCREENING PROCESS is not over and that screenings will continue!

Final Selection is NOT complete!  One player may have had a great day while another may have had an off day.  we identified as a group of 8 the best players at that 3 day camp.  we also understand that some players may have missed the try-out so we will continue to search for those players and open the opportunity for them to make the team.

Screening was also done in tobago just last week and we identified 4 players who are good enough to make the team.

Therre is no reason to suspect favouritism in the selection process, becasue I set it up to avoid just this from happening.  

Selection is not finalized and players who did not make the cut still have an opportunity to make the team.

Editor's note:

I guess I am just an ignorant asshole like some said in the judge faily T&T post.

or I just may have been correct and they were all acting subjectively.

Oh by the way..I aslo asked the TD if this team was Anton Corneal's team and he replied.  "Nah, this is not his team at all."

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hey TrueTrini Thanks for some clarification on the selection man ..

Good Wuk..!!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I asked the TD what process was used in the recent selection of players over the 3 day camp.

This was his response.

The selection process involvd 8 scouts.  6 of these scouts were coaches.

Ron La Forest. Mike Mc Comie, Terry Williams Atiba Pierre..most of the scouts were from the South!

Each scout had ONLY 1 vote!

All players were issued two shirts when they showed up for the camp.  A red shirt and a white shirt and each player was issued a number.  Players were then identified only by their numbers.

The players were then divided into 4 teams.  out of the 75 players we selected 28.  The scouts/coaches got together as a group and chose their best players.  I found their choices to be very consistent!

The majority of players selected were locally based.

The TD stated that he personally set up this style of screening system to avoid players being selected only because they were previously known by the coaches/scouts and to also prevent anyone region from dominating the process!

The TD further went on to state that the SCREENING PROCESS is not over and that screenings will continue!

Final Selection is NOT complete!  One player may have had a great day while another may have had an off day.  we identified as a group of 8 the best players at that 3 day camp.  we also understand that some players may have missed the try-out so we will continue to search for those players and open the opportunity for them to make the team.

Screening was also done in tobago just last week and we identified 4 players who are good enough to make the team.

Therre is no reason to suspect favouritism in the selection process, becasue I set it up to avoid just this from happening.  

Selection is not finalized and players who did not make the cut still have an opportunity to make the team.

Editor's note:

I guess I am just an ignorant asshole like some said in the judge faily T&T post.

or I just may have been correct and they were all acting subjectively.

Oh by the way..I aslo asked the TD if this team was Anton Corneal's team and he replied.  "Nah, this is not his team at all."

Truetrini, leave this issue alone nah.  As you and I correctly noted yesterday there are many people here that have ax to grind and find fault in all but themselves when not selected, or a friend is not selected.

We all know that Trinidad has "bobal" in it.  Which country in the world doesn't have?  But I have confidence in Lincoln Phillips, Leo Beenhakker and rest of the technical staff to make decisions based on merit and not entitlement or favouritism.  It eh no bush man yuh dealing with in Lincoln Phillips.  He has been there and done that when many of these complainers were not even born yet, and continues to be a positive contributer to his sport.

What the Doc tell them in Parliament the one time?  Let the asses bray.  

While allyuh doing that fellas... raise allyuh game.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Truetrini stop wasting the Technical Directors time with dotish questions.

We do not need to know the selection process because it really does not matter.

The coaching job is to pick who he want.

The ones he pick is the ones he want

Full Stop.

truetrini

Full Stop.

why yuh doh call him and ask him if I waste he time?  steups.

I wanted tuh know de process...if you eh care bite me!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks fuh this Truetrini. I was just looking to come on here and post in reply to that choose fairly thread that maybe the real problem is that the selection process is not known and therefore open to all kinds of speculation. This little bit of work you've undertaken helps to clear up a lot of the issues and remove the speculation. Nice move.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com

Full Stop.

why yuh doh call him and ask him if I waste he time?  steups.

I wanted tuh know de process...if you eh care bite me!

how you come out like da so.

I very much appreciated knowing how de de locals were judged... stop bein such a prick
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

TrinInfinite

nice tt  :beermug: dis is what i wanted to hear, but lincoln should have pushed dem asses like corneal and dem to hold the camp longer, 3 days seems rushed

truetrini

nice tt  :beermug: dis is what i wanted to hear, but lincoln should have pushed dem asses like corneal and dem to hold the camp longer, 3 days seems rushed

why yuh so?

It was over de Christmas Holidays.

Man come home fuh little lime with dey family.  Besides de selection process not done.

what important is all de lies and shit talk about WHO PICK WHO AND WHO BETTER AND REGIONALISM AND FREN TALK GET SHUT TUH f**k UP!

Even Tobago get scout and according tuh de TD scouting go be held in different areas showcasing de selectees against regional teams in an attempt to fish out de best players.

Imagine yuh little team playing against de National select and yuh shine, next thing yuh getting callup!

Steups de man trying tuh implement ethical syaytems and man who eh get pick or who fren eh get pick bad mouthing de selection system and calling ah man name..when dat man is jes 1/8 ah de selection committee.

Lord trinis is tears oui.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Good work TT. :beermug: :beermug:
 It is always good to know how the process works. But do not think this will change people's minds. They will believe what they will, regardless of the facts on the ground.
Big to de TD. The man wid de plan.

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
truetrini i know yuh would not rest until everybody finish talking about corneal and brian.....well yuh is ah good soldier.....wellget bakr out of jail nah....

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good post breds.

Straight from the horses mouth.
TnT Patriot

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 He could say what he want...If they really wanted to screen players they would have done it by location...For example...North, Deep South,South, Central and East and Tobago...They could have made different teams...That way they would see more of a players...They could have selected the best 15 from each region to play each other...Then pick the best by evaluating at each game and screening session....That whole thing was a short-cut and it will never bring out the best players of this country...A man would have had to travel from quite Mayaro to the venue or Point to the venue etc.And is not like the men traveling in limo.Is all kinda squeeze up maxi...Then if the man doesn't have a good day due to the long travel, He losing out......That is crap...They just do something to say they do it....BS

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Truetrini what yuh do to these men???
Fellas let's not drag down the forum with these kinda posts.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:09:28 PM by grimm01 »

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
Breds, way you tink you is boy? In de fleckin Croise or on Nelson Street talkin to Totee-Bag, Sick-Man or Hardest? Dred, have ah little manners nah. You on de World Wide Web. Have ah little decorum nah.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 05:19:13 PM by palos »
Toujour Pret!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
ALL I SAYING is that i know that he aint call no Lincoln ras. Doh try to fool no body on d website. Yuh feel Lincoln have time to waste. And ah cah believe it have people actually believing you ras!!! Hoss, try to earn some respect another way nah man. Because when men realise yuh lying yuh credibility would be shattered!! Trinidad and Tobago we off to Germany to clear way people army.....go go TnT

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Kingman u is an ass!!

I was with TT in 2004 when he bounce up LP for the Fire-Jabloteh Concacaf game...Jab win it 5-2.

And TT thanks for the post boss.

Doh let de player haters get to you.

Btw whilst TT was waiting for LP, some man...ah cah remember he name pass by. TT tell me the man do real thing for football in the old days. TT hail out de man...the man smile...u could see he eh know TT...TT pull out 20 dollars and give it to the man....the fella shock no ass...smile and say thanks..

TT u could tell dem de man name.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
ALL I SAYING is that i know that he aint call no Lincoln ras. Doh try to fool no body on d website. Yuh feel Lincoln have time to waste. And ah cah believe it have people actually believing you ras!!! Hoss, try to earn some respect another way nah man. Because when men realise yuh lying yuh credibility would be shattered!! Trinidad and Tobago we off to Germany to clear way people army.....go go TnT

yuh dunno what yuh talking bout bredda.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

de only person credibility being shattered is yours... everybody here knows Truetrini's connections....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Nah Boy . TT have cred in dis place. Who U?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice to see potential national members acting in such a professional manner
Allyuh may have gripe but please post in a respectable manner as not to embarrass allyuh self as allyuh doing now

I await my "who you think you are" cuss
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:35:12 PM by ricky »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
 :rotfl:  :beermug: :rotfl: :beermug: :rotfl: :beermug: LOOK MR SANKAR....MORE RUM FOR ME MORE RUM FOR ME

WHAT A JOKE.....HE CALL AND ASK ALYUH TO BACK HIM UP OR WAH? WHAT A JOKE.....CAH FOOL ME AND OTHERS WITH THAT TRUETRINI.....THAT THING YUH BRING ON DEY IS TRUE SHIT!!

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline brucekeros

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
kingman doh study dem men nah dred forget it.... : all ah dem is hen. :rotfl:
ah doh no why they dont go and buy mesh wire and mine fowl or something if they dont have anything to do.

Offline brucekeros

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
ok dombsil bless.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Truetrini, doh waste yuh time wit dem waggonist and dem who cyah really relate to de football connections we have on dis forum. Where were they all those years when we were struggling? Kingman yuh really beating ah dead horse and dragging de forum down.

Ponoxx, please...travelling in T&T is some big deal now? Squeeze up in Maxi. Everybody else doing it. Dat is we reality. Yuh want man to send limo for dem now or wha? In some countries man go be up on de Maxi or on top a train going to de only developed city around to go and try and show dey skills. Cameroon does have all dey camps in Yaounde no matter where yuh from. Yuh know how big Cameroon is to T&T and wha kinda transport dey have in de Interior?

Ah go leave allyuh wit sumting to think about. Excuses are the currency of losers...will always be dat way. Is a fact and it will always be dat way. If man eh dedicated and waste dey talent...yuh need to find excuses fuh dem now? Steups.

Offline brucekeros

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
allyuh one love dred lih we done the shit ....truetrini bless up and all the best yes, after all we are all trinbagonians so leh we done it ok and rally with d red, white and black that is getting ready for the world cup finals in germany......keep it jiggy.

truetrini

He could say what he want...If they really wanted to screen players they would have done it by location...For example...North, Deep South,South, Central and East and Tobago...They could have made different teams...That way they would see more of a players...They could have selected the best 15 from each region to play each other...Then pick the best by evaluating at each game and screening session....That whole thing was a short-cut and it will never bring out the best players of this country...A man would have had to travel from quite Mayaro to the venue or Point to the venue etc.And is not like the men traveling in limo.Is all kinda squeeze up maxi...Then if the man doesn't have a good day due to the long travel, He losing out......That is crap...They just do something to say they do it....BS

Ponnoxx yuh real disappointing meh boy.

Is either yuh looking fuh shit arguemnet or yuh jes cyar read and understand.

The screenings will continue tuh be held in different places...The squad eh finalized!

The players will be playing aginst teams in different areas in an attemot tuh find the BEST players.

yuh post is shit, because ah addressed dat already!

Insert Quote
Quote from: TrinInfinite on February 03, 2006, 01:58:14 PM
nice tt   dis is what i wanted to hear, but lincoln should have pushed dem asses like corneal and dem to hold the camp longer, 3 days seems rushed

why yuh so?

It was over de Christmas Holidays.

Man come home fuh little lime with dey family.  Besides de selection process not done.

what important is all de lies and shit talk about WHO PICK WHO AND WHO BETTER AND REGIONALISM AND FREN TALK GET SHUT TUH f**k UP!

Even Tobago get scout and according tuh de TD scouting go be held in different areas showcasing de selectees against regional teams in an attempt to fish out de best players.

Imagine yuh little team playing against de National select and yuh shine, next thing yuh getting callup!

Steups de man trying tuh implement ethical syaytems and man who eh get pick or who fren eh get pick bad mouthing de selection system and calling ah man name..when dat man is jes 1/8 ah de selection committee.

Lord trinis is tears oui

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
True trini wha happen wid " haul yuh ass" nuff men here would qualify.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile

Hold it down TT.  Now you see why ah do post as often as ah used to.  To much c**ts on board.

Lawd...lawd..lawd...put ah han

1]; } ?>