April 28, 2024, 02:44:43 PM

Author Topic: Guyana to Introduce a Professional League.  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Guyana to Introduce a Professional League.
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:44:33 AM »
Professional Football
Ramsaroop starts exploratory phase
By Steve Ninvalle
Sunday, January 29th 2006

Businessman Peter Ramsaroop has started exploratory work that will lead to the creation of a professional football team and league in Guyana.

Ramsaroop said yesterday that he has started meeting with some of Guyana leading coaches in an effort to form an "exploratory committee."

He will soon be contacting players in order to kick start the pro team and league. "We have started working, it is a long haul but pretty soon we will be in full flight, Ramsaroop said.

Late last year Ramsaroop, the patron of RoopGroup Western Tigers Football Club had set his sight on the creation of a professional football team.

The businessman said that he was willing to foot the bill for the first professional team and intends to call about 16 players and pay them a salary at the end of each month.

Initially players will be recruited for six months with a fixed salary. Ramsaroop noted then that his initiative could only be successful if at least three other businessmen come on board and do the same thing.

The Guyana Football Federation and the Georgetown Football League have thrown their weight behind the initiative with GFF president Colin Klass claiming that the entire Guyana will benefit from the endeavour.

Klass said that Ramsaroop would receive the full support of the federation.

"I'm meeting with top coaches in the country and players to determine the process that will be required to set up such a team and league," Ramsaroop said yesterday.

The businessman acknowledged that initially there will not be enough professional teams in Guyana to complete a league. However, he noted that in the interim he is willing to look to teams from Brazil to fill the breach.

"Of course this can only lift the standard of football in Guyana," Ramsaroop said.
Source:http://www.stabroeknews.com/

MickeyRat

Re: Guyana to Introduce a Professional League.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:53:54 AM »
Look ting... ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:54:39 AM »
just ah few names of teams they can use.PATACAKE POSSE,NECKBACK,BACKDAM BOYS,CHICKEN CURRY CREW,EAST COAST,WEST COAST, and everybody favorite JHARGTANG GIANTS.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

MickeyRat

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:57:13 AM »
Green Verbs (Chanderpaul) UTD.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »
just ah few names of teams they can use.PATACAKE POSSE,NECKBACK,BACKDAM BOYS,CHICKEN CURRY CREW,EAST COAST,WEST COAST, and everybody favorite JHARGTANG GIANTS.
:rotfl:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 12:02:23 PM »
now it will have man down there aspiring to "make it big" and get sign by the trini PFL clubs.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 12:04:45 PM »
i remember just yesterday ah man who used to play with lester young coaching school tell meh trini would never have ah professional league

now even we neighbours gettin one
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 12:05:19 PM »
now it will have man down there aspiring to "make it big" and get sign by the trini PFL clubs.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:...anyway....Guyana in South America so they have access to better leagues around them....They are also under populated so there is alot of space for fields...It is a good step...they now have to enforce grassroots football

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 04:15:15 PM »
Professional Football
Ramsaroop starts exploratory phase
By Steve Ninvalle
Sunday, January 29th 2006

Businessman Peter Ramsaroop has started exploratory work that will lead to the creation of a professional football team and league in Guyana.

Ramsaroop said yesterday that he has started meeting with some of Guyana leading coaches in an effort to form an "exploratory committee."

He will soon be contacting players in order to kick start the pro team and league. "We have started working, it is a long haul but pretty soon we will be in full flight, Ramsaroop said.

Late last year Ramsaroop, the patron of RoopGroup Western Tigers Football Club had set his sight on the creation of a professional football team.

The businessman said that he was willing to foot the bill for the first professional team and intends to call about 16 players and pay them a salary at the end of each month.

Initially players will be recruited for six months with a fixed salary. Ramsaroop noted then that his initiative could only be successful if at least three other businessmen come on board and do the same thing.

The Guyana Football Federation and the Georgetown Football League have thrown their weight behind the initiative with GFF president Colin Klass claiming that the entire Guyana will benefit from the endeavour.

Klass said that Ramsaroop would receive the full support of the federation.

"I'm meeting with top coaches in the country and players to determine the process that will be required to set up such a team and league," Ramsaroop said yesterday.

The businessman acknowledged that initially there will not be enough professional teams in Guyana to complete a league. However, he noted that in the interim he is willing to look to teams from Brazil to fill the breach.

"Of course this can only lift the standard of football in Guyana," Ramsaroop said.
Source:http://www.stabroeknews.com/

check de USA full up of guyaneese.. England full up of guyaneese.. doh talk about france..I hear it have more guyaneese there than in Guyana..and not to mention Holland...Trinidad have dem too.. I hear suriname full up of dem too..
I gurantee if Guyana put this football ting into motion Guyana could cum up wid a very good team wid the amount of guyaneese innah de world.. Guyana could have an international squad ... I aint joking boss is serious ting mi a talk bout..
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 04:34:16 PM »

check de USA full up of guyaneese.. England full up of guyaneese.. doh talk about france..I hear it have more guyaneese there than in Guyana..and not to mention Holland...Trinidad have dem too.. I hear suriname full up of dem too..
I gurantee if Guyana put this football ting into motion Guyana could cum up wid a very good team wid the amount of guyaneese innah de world.. Guyana could have an international squad ... I aint joking boss is serious ting mi a talk bout..
warmonga...

Thats French Guiana. not former British colony Guyana. 2 totally different countries. theres a decent amount guyanese in england. not tons.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:37:01 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 04:37:56 PM »
Players go be gettin paid like 4 million a game and shit..(10 TT)
 :devil: :devil:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 04:39:55 PM »
Players go be gettin paid like 4 million a game and shit..(10 TT)
 :devil: :devil:
dawg dats crazy !!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (10TT)  :rotfl: :rotfl:
warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 05:19:19 PM »

warmonga...

Thats French Guiana. not former British colony Guyana. 2 totally different countries. theres a decent amount guyanese in england. not tons.
dread I know bout french Guiana.. and about english guyana and bout all de different guyana it have but trus mi.. Guyanees all over.. a huge population of dem innah Holland(mi partner had big Guyaneese Indian wedding innah holland with him wife) trus mi dem all over.. I know more Guyaneese than Trini's trus mi ..anybloodlclaut place mi go mi a see guyaneese.. I even play for a Guyaneese cricket club ..dats how crazy it is..

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »

warmonga...

dread I know bout french Guiana.. and about english guyana and bout all de different guyana it have but trus mi.. Guyanees all over.. a huge population of dem innah Holland(mi partner had big Guyaneese Indian wedding innah holland with him wife) trus mi dem all over.. I know more Guyaneese than Trini's trus mi ..anybloodlclaut place mi go mi a see guyaneese.. I even play for a Guyaneese cricket club ..dats how crazy it is..

warmonga..

where u is breds? in de states, but anyways, dem guyanese gettin licks anyway, our football light years ahead of theirs

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 05:46:42 PM »

warmonga...

warmonga..
errr. yeah. I'll still stick to my word about england as I live here and france.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »
where u is breds? in de states, but anyways, dem guyanese gettin licks anyway, our football light years ahead of theirs

Doh get a big head my friend.  I remember back in 1988 we were light years ahead of Jamaica too (they couldn't even qualify for the Shell Caribbean Cup) and look how that turned out.

Anything can (and does) happen.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 03:57:52 PM by PantherX »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 05:37:10 AM »
Guyana even have players based in Turkey (ent VB)....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »
Make it happen Guyana...this could only help to improve football in the Caribbean (yes I know Guyana is in S.America). ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »
guyana and tnt in de next cup...2010

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 02:28:52 AM »
Guyana?  No way sah.  Only if matches playing in de bush with snake.

1]; } ?>