April 23, 2024, 03:05:14 PM

Author Topic: why dey havin fetes in d stadium? steups!!  (Read 3590 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
why dey havin fetes in d stadium? steups!!
« on: February 03, 2006, 10:33:43 PM »
i doh know if this was posted ahready but i jus had to ask cuz ah doh believe it.
why it is de minstry of sport allowing fetes like youth fest and brass to occur in d stadium, an ah not talkin bout  soca broadway. ah know broadway is d carpark.
buh how d f**k dem cud let randy" add chutney to soca warriors" glascow hold youth fest on d field.
 yea dey say dey will protect d ground , but is a fete. when you have thousands a people jumpin on d field, no amount of protection will hold up to dat.
i dont know how true this is so i stand to be corrected. but if is true , dis is jus another way of boynes showin he doh know wat d f**k he doin.
it must have somewhere else to throw dese fetes.

dat being said, maximus come out wit a new warriors tune and it WICKED. i doh know if it is a remix but it better dan d original. if allyuh hear it ahready, lemme hear how allyuh rate it nah.
have a safe carnival people. ah want all ah we to make it to see d world cup. arrive alive!!

bless!!!

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: why dey havin fetes in d stadium? steups!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »
They are  having it on the practice field outside, not on the main stadium field.
Now I agree that they should not have it on any of the field but at least it is not the main field.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 12:48:47 PM »
well it not even really on de practice field either..de stage itself on de tarmac and ting...majority of crowd be on de tarmac too...but once de main field eh gettin no damage and de practice field doh get destroyed i eh go complain
Back in Trini...

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 02:15:49 PM »
I never know there were practice fields outside de stadium????  Where are these fields and are they full sized FIFA approved fields?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 09:49:48 AM »
Well when I used to see meh Kriss Kross, Barrington Levy, Mc Hammer, Boyz to Men and the Kiskidee Karavan in the stadium it was nice, I remember I bep orf on the Pole Vault/highjump mattress under tightness and I lean up on the goal post too. I even went a Comedy Fest and watch Sprangalang and john agitation etc there.

Now what they did then and I suspect will be the same thing is rest down a big lrge green Carpet........which was water repellent and thick. It was like astroturf. Then in selected areas near the stage etc and penalty areas it was reinforced by putting plywood first, then carpet over it.

Now for those who in Trini or those who have better memories than others the stadium long time had a kinda drainage system and a row of Pebbles and stone around the field. Men used to skate into the pebbles and ting. When they resurfaced the grounds about 2 WC campaigns ago the pebbles gone.

But look at this logic...........the Stadium will make money.

It is not football season in TT so no matches playing there.

The next official Football match will be quite in May.

It have more than enough time for the field to ketch back itself.

Nobody studying Warriors here now its fete taking precedence.

and lastly.............I will only believe we having match in TT if I reach in the stadium and seeing it mehself.

You know how we does arrange match and it never happen.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 09:58:09 AM »
I never know there were practice fields outside de stadium???? Where are these fields and are they full sized FIFA approved fields?

Sprain Ankle Training Field.!! Careful how you run on dat!!! lol
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »
Well when I used to see meh Kriss Kross,

i cyah believe you admit to going to dat  hoss  :rotfl: :rotfl:
how was backstreet boys??  :rotfl:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 10:03:23 AM »

LOL
i went Color me Badd too  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 10:12:10 AM »

LOL
i went Color me Badd too  ;D

i was dey too! Black boxx! Buju! Even when Gregory isaacs was to perform and get arrested for weed possession..

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 01:19:07 PM »

that was ages ago...long before the backstreet boys!
lol i was still like 8 or 9 then. hummmmmmm i remember that well tho!
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »

Oh really, u should never let any activity not related to the purpose of such a facility to take place on it. Turf is something that needs to be properly taken care of. Case in point; the Bahrainis had protested that the stadium pitch wasn't in the best of shapes and one can't necessarily argue with that; it needs time to heal and shouldn't be subjected to further damage, especially for  a non footballing purpose. Chelsea's home ground, Stamford Bridge is an example; a team that has so much money at its disposal still has one of the worst pitches in the premiership; u can't force nature to take its course and additionally you should take all the necessary steps to assist in the preservation of the pitch. I don't mind using the Jean Pierre Complex or even the practice field outside, but i can NEVER see a 'fete taking precedence' on the field. Even Ato had been lobbying for quite a while for the Stadium admin to stop letting concerts take place on the track, because it was damaging the track;moreso when the new track was laid.... you can't say because they don't have any big meets, it's ok; you have to preserve these investments for their intended purpose
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:06:17 AM »
Is true I went colour me bad too.....whey I feeling ole yes.

and watch meh the kit was a GBX shoe .......black with the lil silver tip.
A polka dot shirt
short pants with a rasta belt
and to cap it orf

a String tie!

Them was d styles long time......if yuh didnt have a gb dress shoe or a string tie yuh not in nuttin.

but in kriss kross I cut a oakland A's kit the yellow and green pinstripe, with the cap tilt to the side and a best Travel Fox...a snakeskin and suede finish. I didnt wear meh clothes back to front though I wear it normal
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:10:57 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »
... I remember I bep orf on the Pole Vault/highjump mattress under tightness and I lean up on the goal post too.

How come you always have ah story where yuh beppin orf? If ah remember correctly, de last time it was by some culvert during Carnival.  :devil:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 10:17:49 AM »
First orf Touches yuh eh go more concert than me. I born and grow in Woodbrook aka HollyWoodbrook and yuh see where my house was in relation to the stadium. I was they since RUN DMC days.
Anyhow I agree with having thing in the stadium. Cause it not making any revenue whatsoever. You think Nick fans does get on when 50 cent performing in Madison Square Garden. That is what it they for.

UNC and them build 5 stadium and them thing and them falling apart from lack of use and or poor use.

I think Brass is going to be on the training field outside and i know for a fact that Soca Monarch is on the inside and they covering the field with the carpet thingy.
Soca Monarch pay the Stadium over $100,000 to use it and hopefully they go use the money wisely. Coming to think of it I think the issue was not the grass but the running track that is why concerts were banned from the stadium. This is Trinidad and rainin falling every day in ah week day time you roll out that pitch and 2 rain fall that grass good as new.

On top of which PSA is going to no more they are breaking it down and building houses and this is the last year for the savannah stage so all yuh like all yuh self.

Més que un club.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 10:18:23 AM »
Badest concert in the stadium was Garnett Silk and Capleton.

real men grow dey natty after that.  truss me

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »
Is true I went colour me bad too.....whey I feeling ole yes.

and watch meh the kit was a GBX shoe .......black with the lil silver tip.
A polka dot shirt
short pants with a rasta belt
and to cap it orf

a String tie!

Them was d styles long time......if yuh didnt have a gb dress shoe or a string tie yuh not in nuttin.

but in kriss kross I cut a oakland A's kit the yellow and green pinstripe, with the cap tilt to the side and a best Travel Fox...a snakeskin and suede finish. I didnt wear meh clothes back to front though I wear it normal

Touches...yuh soundin like yuh was ah serious vouge man back in de day....real 'uppa level' and 'party time'  :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 12:38:28 PM »

Oh really, u should never let any activity not related to the purpose of such a facility to take place on it. Turf is something that needs to be properly taken care of. Case in point; the Bahrainis had protested that the stadium pitch wasn't in the best of shapes and one can't necessarily argue with that; it needs time to heal and shouldn't be subjected to further damage, especially for  a non footballing purpose. Chelsea's home ground, Stamford Bridge is an example; a team that has so much money at its disposal still has one of the worst pitches in the premiership; u can't force nature to take its course and additionally you should take all the necessary steps to assist in the preservation of the pitch. I don't mind using the Jean Pierre Complex or even the practice field outside, but i can NEVER see a 'fete taking precedence' on the field. Even Ato had been lobbying for quite a while for the Stadium admin to stop letting concerts take place on the track, because it was damaging the track;moreso when the new track was laid.... you can't say because they don't have any big meets, it's ok; you have to preserve these investments for their intended purpose

nah breds...from Wembley (the old Wembley) to Camp Nou....football stadia are used for extra-activities, includng concerts. It is the most effective way to keep a steady revenue stream during the 'off season'. I agree with you...from a  sporting point of view, it is not ideal..but it is the norm, even at older/more prestigious football meccas than the Hasley Crawford. Most stadia all over the world are money-losing affairs unless they are used all year long. Hence the rise of multi-purpose facilities. It is a revenue and job generator...unless we can come up with a better way to keep activity at the stadium rolling round the clock then we won't see much change.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »
Badest concert in the stadium was Garnett Silk and Capleton.

real men grow dey natty after that.  truss me

Sorry, but ah beg to differ.. ;D the baddest concert there was Barington Levy, the fisrt time that is..50 thousand strong..best time ah had they in all my concerts..my first being youth fest with C&C music factory and the boys... :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 01:40:38 PM »
aye DeSoWa ah was infront touching dey stage for C&C music factory. Everybody was expecting dey tall dark skin girl to come out.  Next ting ya know this 350 pound chick in PINK loutads come out instead sounding just like dey tall dark skin girl.  Ya ever hear ah whole stadium with trinis went dead silent ? Picture November 19, 89th minute when reality hit we in dey ass.

Ian dey goose Eligon like he and all went into shock yes. Is only after we hear dey story bout dem and ya lip snyc bachnannel and is really Martha Walsh (chick in pink) was dey reel singer.

:beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »
yeah..but we still got to see the tall darkie..ah think Zelma  ;D was her name..things that make you go hmmmm at least milli vanalli never made it to TnT ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>