April 19, 2024, 01:40:59 PM

Author Topic: Why not Soca-Chutney Warriors?  (Read 51830 times)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chutney...only a sauce to others
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2006, 01:53:51 PM »
Yuh know wah all this SOCA and CHUTNEY shit..............why we have to have a catchy nickname that we pick...............I think the best nicknames are ones that are given

I say just call it T&T warriors........

We eh have no lions, no elephants.............no eagles, tricolore is used by about three teams............I say call them TRINBAGO FOOTBALLERS cause that is what they are.....I agree with the SOCA thing confusing as they all think is SOCCER we trying to say

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »

99.9% of the people in Germany will think that Soca is how you spell Soccer in Trinidadian.

Thaz the ice breaker right there... we correct them and give them the story. And if is a good looking thing, you could correct she posture too.  ;D

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »

99.9% of the people in Germany will think that Soca is how you spell Soccer in Trinidadian.

Thaz the ice breaker right there... we correct them and give them the story. And if is a good looking thing, you could correct she posture too.  ;D

who care what germans or anybody else think?

trinis too hot to please other people yes.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2006, 02:24:02 PM »
oh gorsh Soca Warriors is de name of we team fuh a long while now, if we didn't qualify for WC nobody woulda care if it didn't have Chutney in it. It is true dat some members of de Indian community are insecure about this, which is stupid because no body was studying race when giving the team its name. And I am indian so doh tell me I racial.

There are no "Africans" from T&T, only TRINIS
There are no "Indians" from T&T, only TRINIS

sames goes to Chinese and reds if yuh identify yourself from there - TRINIS.

Talk done. Who vex lorse.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:25:37 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »
This man is a c**t who wrote that article...

I find Soca Chutney Warriors sounds stupid whether it made sense or not and we cannot re-name de Soca Warriors,,, that I agree with..... But Chutney is not only a spicy sauce you eat with curry, that is a racsist comment, he knows nothing about indian food and should shut he dam ass because he looking stupid,,, trying to make Chutney look stupid in a smart way, but if it was de other way around them indian dead for saying that,,,, I believe he related to Cro Cro, Socapro, Touches or Sugar Aloes.

He wasn't saying that he believes that Chutney is just a sauce, he's saying that to the world it is.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:44:03 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2006, 02:44:47 PM »
WE ARE THE SOC WARRIORS!!

The world's ignorance is not our problem. How the Hell would ppl ever know, if we hide it.

You think S. Africa was worried about "foreigners" when they called themselves Bofana Bofana (sp)??

What de Hell is a Los Ticos?? U think CR give a damn about my ignorance??

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2006, 02:47:56 PM »
Grande man i was now typin almost the same ting, people have to get past this shit.we all trini. most of the people making noise either racists or had big racial issues since way back or som body tryin to make a quik buck. soca was made using indian and african music/culture and all the other races are still trini so it represents them too. the people at the top want this shit its easier to control people wen u divide them.
KND2 alot of people listen to chutney in trinidad. the promotion of chutney as well as every genre of music in Trinidad is important but not in this way. Football should promote football it just so happens soca was attached to the name years bak and it stuck just like any other countries football teams name. i tink if the name was to be changed then it would be sad that trinidadians have acted that way.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »
Actually GOIPO said is the Chutney Soca Warriors
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2006, 09:30:27 PM »
Actually GOIPO said is the Chutney Soca Warriors

Since when people have GOPIO tuh study? steupsss
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2006, 09:54:18 PM »
They could say what they want, they eh spending no money.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 05, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »
oh gorsh Soca Warriors is de name of we team fuh a long while now, if we didn't qualify for WC nobody woulda care if it didn't have Chutney in it. It is true dat some members of de Indian community are insecure about this, which is stupid because no body was studying race when giving the team its name. And I am indian so doh tell me I racial.

There are no "Africans" from T&T, only TRINIS
There are no "Indians" from T&T, only TRINIS

sames goes to Chinese and reds if yuh identify yourself from there - TRINIS.

Talk done. Who vex lorse.

ah thought yuh say yuh was french ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2006, 03:24:29 PM »
This man is a c**t who wrote that article...

I find Soca Chutney Warriors sounds stupid whether it made sense or not and we cannot re-name de Soca Warriors,,, that I agree with..... But Chutney is not only a spicy sauce you eat with curry, that is a racsist comment, he knows nothing about indian food and should shut he dam ass because he looking stupid,,, trying to make Chutney look stupid in a smart way, but if it was de other way around them indian dead for saying that,,,, I believe he related to Cro Cro, Socapro, Touches or Sugar Aloes.

The comment isn't racist...it was said tongue-in-cheek and he was looking at it particularly from the viewpoint of someone unfamiliar with Trinidad and Tobago...go look up the definition of 'Chutney' in the dictionary and see what you find.

Be careful in your haste to paint other with the stupid brush that some of that self same paint don't splatter on you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2006, 03:27:31 PM »
If we didn't make it to de world cup I wonder if they would have still be concern about keeping Soca Warriors,,,,, all of a sudden they proud of Soca in de Warriors and de Soca artist still struggling.... and now de Indian want piece to. It hard for Indian to really get respected in T&T because as soon as T&T make it big in something them creole fighting them down, whether music or sports. No Indian on de team too. They dont complain when Indian copanies sponsor them though.

In case there was any doubt...I am now fully convinced that you both think and speak with your ass.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »

Touches I am not one for arugment on this board, but for real that is a pretty poor line of logic he come up with there.  Do you honestly think that this is what people will think from the name Soca Chutney Warriors
To sum up: the T&T Soca Chutney Warriors would communicate a team of poorly educated curry fanatics.
So now they think we are poorly educated fanatics who cant spell Soccer.

Thats a stretch!!!

Not a stretch at all...if you were paying attention during the broadcast of the Nov. 12 game you'd have heard the team being called the "Soccer Warriors".  Case in point number 2, I am selling some 'Got Soca? Warriors' tee shirts...even my printer calls them "Got Soccer warriors shirts"

The average non west indian has little or no knowledge of what in the world Soca is. To compound it by appending 'Chutney' would only bring further confusion and this is exactly what the author in his own facetious way was trying to convey.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2006, 03:38:59 PM »

Dat kinda ass-backwards mentality will get us nowhere...

it's about a unique opportunity to promote the country and spread a little knowledge about our culture to the world.  Maybe you don't care... but many much more enlightened individuals capable of grasping the broader picture do.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »

Dat kinda ass-backwards mentality will get us nowhere...

it's about a unique opportunity to promote the country and spread a little knowledge about our culture to the world.  Maybe you don't care... but many much more enlightened individuals capable of grasping the broader picture do.

well den maybe we should rename Soca to something less Soccer sounding

steupse

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why not Soca-Chutney Warriors?
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »
Wait nah... men still arguing over dis.... lawd
it really do matter what de team name is ...is how we play in de WC.... if we play sh*t.... nobody goin to care bout de name of de team..
I feel there's more important tings to study man....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2006, 08:50:55 PM »
let we pull this thread back up in case somebody want to ask the same stupid question before the Peru game  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2006, 09:02:49 PM »
That sound wrong :-\ no offense intended but to me it does.
Its not just africans that listen to soca. a Nick name has nothing to do with race, unless it was called the NEGRO warriors ::). Let get back to talking about FOOTBALL.lol

:rotfl:..yeh i agree, but wudnt that just be ONE part of our culture...wut about the white and black and chinese warriors ???

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2006, 10:28:25 PM »
i think we shouldn't forget about Parang.......so maybe de soca parang chutney warriors could work................just rolls right off de tongue

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #290 on: April 14, 2006, 08:10:01 AM »
let we pull this thread back up in case somebody want to ask the same stupid question before the Peru game  ;D
look what ya gorn an do man  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
yeah if we do this..it go save Flex, Tallman and Palos some work with merging all them new threads lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »
i think we shouldn't forget about Parang.......so maybe de soca parang chutney warriors could work................just rolls right off de tongue

Then we better not forget Steel Pan...so the Soca Steel Pan Parang Chutney Warriors then

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2006, 12:54:51 PM »

Then we better not forget Steel Pan...so the Soca Steel Pan Parang Chutney Warriors then

blazin like yuh now reach on the board boy...yuh went and resurrect this ting again ;D

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2006, 05:25:55 PM »
like man cyar let dis ting rest boy ::)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2006, 12:56:47 AM »
I can't believe this surface again.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2006, 09:18:09 AM »
OK .....................OK...................
ALLYA LISTEN UP
here is de final name from all the different posts in here

Groovy Chutney Parang Dougla Fry Rice, Cloth Selling Rapso Kaiso Bangers n Mash Pelau Creole ching-chong-with-ah-whiteman heavy-metal-boy-bands Tassa-Lavway Pow GANGES AND DE NILE Extempo Soca Warriors

:rotfl: yuh miss out some ah my suggestions. The Madbull warriors, the fighting mapepees etc.

this thread like a vampire, it cyar dead at all. :devil: :beermug:

1]; } ?>