April 27, 2024, 02:58:31 PM

Author Topic: T&T Select U21 team to take on American u17s.  (Read 14584 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T Select U21 team to take on American u17s.
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:29:00 PM »
T&T Select U21 team to take on American U17s.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

A Trinidad and Tobago Select Under 21 team will fly out to Tampa, United States on Sunday for a training camp which includes matches against two Major League Soccer Teams and one against the US National Under 17 team.
According to TTFF technical director Lincoln Phillips, the camp has been arranged in accordance with the Federation’s player development program.
“This type of international exposure against top quality teams will help to prepare our Under 21 players for the upcoming CAC Qualifiers,” Phillips told TTFF Media on Tuesday.
An interim staff will travel with the squad and it includes Ron La Forest (head coach),  Michael McComie (assistant coach), Peter Rampersad (General Manager), Rudy Roberts (assistant manager), Phillip Dore (physio/goalkeeper coach) and Calvin Hughes (equipment manager).
Twenty-two players including thirteen locally-based and nine United States-based players will engage in the camp.  The team will play four training matches, two against the senior teams of MLS outfits Chicago Fire and Kansas City Wizards and one each against the University of South Florida and the US National Under 17 team.
Phillips will also travel with the team which will be based at the Edge which is located at the University of South Florida. A study hall will also be set up for the players to undergo studies relating to their College work during the camp and other training on proper well being and professionalism will also take place.
“This is also in keeping with the overall development of our players also off the field as well,” Phillips added.
Among the players selected who are based in the US include striker Kevon Neaves who was part of the squad which trained under Leo Beenhakker in Fort Lauderdale over the weekend. The other US-based players are Yohance Marshall (University of South Florida), Kareem Smith (University of South Florida), former T&T Under 20 skipper Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Ancil Farrier (Southern Connecticut University), Abiola Sandy (Bowling Green University), Kevin Crooks (Clayton State University), Randi Patterson (University of Greensboro) and Colin Kirk.
Among those on the list of home-based players includes former National Under 17 striker Gorian Highley, Under 20 goalie Thorne Holder, Tobago-born goalkeeper Shean Warner, defender Carlon Murray, Superstar Rangers’ Josimar Belgrave, Hayden Tinto of Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA Fire, Shane Calderon of W Connection, Kendall Jagdeosingh of National Quarries North East Stars, Kezi Lara of Princes Town Senior Comprehensive, Kareem Freitas (St Anthony’s College), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force), Kahleem Hyland and Dion Peters.
Following this camp which runs from February 12-22,  the National Under 21 team will be announced to partake in the Caribbean Football Union Central American and Caribbean (CAC) preliminaries. The locals play Dominica on March 31, 2006 and then Haiti on April 4 in Trinidad.

Schedule of matches in Tampa.

T&T Select vs Chicago Fire, February 13, 3pm
T&T Select vs University of South Florida, February 16, 7pm
T&T Select vs Kansas City Wizards, February 19, 4pm
T&T Select vs US U17s, February 22, 4pm

Full Team:

Goalkeepers:
Shean Warner, Thorne Holder.

Defenders:
Yohance Marshall, Kareem Smith, Makan Hislop, Ancil Farrier, Carlon Murray, Aklie Edwards.

Midfielders:
Kevon Neaves, Colin Kirk, Dion Peters, Josimar Belgrave, Hayden Tinto, Kezi Lara, Kareem Freitas, Kahleem Hyland.

Forwards:
Abiola Sandy, Kevin Crooks, Randi Patterson, Gorian Highley, Shane Calderon, Kendall Jagdeosingh.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 07:48:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Select U21 team to take on American u17s.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »
Well done TD Phillips.  keep it coming!   :applause:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:33:46 PM »
thats a big age gap. ??? as long as its good competition.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 03:51:41 PM »
i see gorian higley is back.  good work well i expect a result againt that US under 17 team fuh surelike devoish in the dog house.

la forest boy well let me optimistic
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 04:00:42 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »
Ah wonder how wise it is to play the US under 17.....

.what are the repurcussions if we lose to them !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:41:18 PM »
Like the preparation.Much more positive than before.However why are we playing US U17 and our guys are U21 ?Would have prefered US U21 also if posibble because we are in the same regional group.We should'nt be playing down,either up or the same level.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »
Like the preparation.Much more positive than before.However why are we playing US U17 and our guys are U21 ?Would have prefered US U21 also if posibble because we are in the same regional group.We should'nt be playing down,either up or the same level.

same thing i was saying we better dont loose to them
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »
Fellas playing the US U17 is part of a development program...the article also said we under 21 playing 2 MLS senior teams...look at the big picture and not just what you want to see...here is the schedule again:

Schedule of matches in Tampa.

T&T Select vs ChicagoFire, February 13, 3pm
T&T Select vs University of South Florida, February 16, 7pm
T&T Select vs Kansas City Wizards, February 19, 4pm
T&T Selection vs US U17s, February 22, 4pm

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 05:01:37 PM »
Don't know why we playing the U17s.  Maybe it's to act as a confidence builder.  It could be a big demoralizer if we were to lose against them, and it would definitely highlight the gap between our youth programs and theirs.  The preparation and planning leading up to the tournament has been the best that I've seen for a while.  Thank God for Lincoln.  He is using his knowledge of the US landscape to get us some good games, and is showing why we need more than a coach for each team.  You can see that someone is planning and lookng ahead.  Now we have to do it on the field.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »
I glad for the games, especially since I in Florida, but what was suprising is the disparity in the teams we playing, from an MLS team to and U-17 team. Ah never see that one before, but the TD seems to know what he's doing.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »
What the U21 preparing For???

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 05:37:31 PM »
The U-17 team is included because this is how they develop their young players...they play them against older teams. Availability is probably another factor since they are based in Bradenton. They'll be very good competition for our U-21's.
This is what all our teams need...opportunities to get out and compete or bring in teams for friendlies. European teams would love to be in T&T this time of the year.
I loke the direction Lincoln is headed as the TD.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 06:20:42 PM »
yet some jokers will say is fren fren thing de Technical Department on.

Steups!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »
NICE TEAM MAN 

i think this year i am going to try to go more pro leage games too

tinto playing for calidonia

alot of d u 21 playing pro football dat nice to see
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 06:47:29 PM »

Yow the word is LOSE..not loose!

It is atraining camp..winning and losing is not the main reason fuh dese camps.

ok?

Steeeeeeps.

doh  doh..leeh  mehhhh cu  cu come uppp in Can   Can  a da  and buss yuh  ah  ahh ass

besides why we national team does play against ah brailian U-23 team?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 06:49:16 PM »

ok?

Steeeeeeps.

doh  doh..leeh  mehhhh cu  cu come uppp in Can   Can  a da  and buss yuh  ah  ahh ass

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 06:54:55 PM »
 This is good to see...I glad to see Gorean Highley is back ...If he was serious all the time he might have been on the national senior team...The competition we playing against is good...One of the problems we always had with youth teams is that they don't play enough high quality friendlies...I hope this is a sign for a change...The US has good youth teams but I think maybe they should have gotten a higher age group to trully test themselves...But it is still a good fixture....Great steps toward progress

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 07:06:04 PM »

ok?

Steeeeeeps.

yeah what eva and you was one ah d men cussing for the senior team results. what eva

plus useless Ron La Forest  could not even get us out of the group stage in the under 17 qualifying some years back and he our olympic team coach. A next granville
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 07:07:55 PM by triniman »

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 07:13:49 PM »

ok?

Steeeeeeps.

yeah what eva and you was one ah d men cussing for the senior team results. what eva

plus useless Ron La Forest  could not even get us out of the group stage in the under 17 qualifying some years back and he our olympic team coach. A next granville

I was cussing over the senior team results?

when was dis madman?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 07:17:21 PM »
the other day i think

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 07:20:08 PM »
the other day i think

Stop thinking it too hard for you!

I never did.  stop telling stories!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
the other day i think

Stop thinking it too hard for you!

I never did.  stop telling stories!

if you say so

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2006, 07:26:17 PM »
Thanx truetrini ah forget yuh ah English teacher... my typo mistake.Anyway, if you believe friendly scrimmages doh have any effect yu never play ball.Plus you miss my point completely dat we are in the same regional group as US.Is Brazil in our group?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 07:27:38 PM »
So what do you guys think about Josimar Belgrave? I know his brother ripping fuh Fatima, who do you think is better? I went to school with Josh (St James) so I've seen him play, but I haven't seen his brother.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2006, 07:28:42 PM »
Thanx truetrini ah forget yuh ah English teacher... my typo mistake.Anyway, if you believe friendly scrimmages doh have any effect yu never play ball.Plus you miss my point completely dat we are in the same regional group as US.Is Brazil in our group?

yu eh hear he get fired from he teachin wuk

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2006, 07:52:33 PM »

RIF

Following this camp which runs from February 12-22,  the National Under 21 team will be announced to partake in the Caribbean Football Union Central American and Caribbean (CAC) preliminaries. The locals play Dominica on March 31, 2006 and then Haiti on April 4 in Trinidad.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »

RIF

Also this is we olympic team for 2008
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 09:26:14 PM »
fella did I correct your spelling?  I was never an english teacher either.

I never said friendlies did not have an effect on ho you play!

I said winning or losing is not the reason we play friendlies in many cases....this is a learning experience.  having the players play away from home in hostile places.  Experience and an opportunity for the coaches to see the players in match situations.

OK?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »
is colin kirk quavis kirs brother ???

TrinInfinite

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 10:41:26 PM »
is colin kirk quavis kirs brother ???

i was juss goin 2 ask dat question

1]; } ?>