• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Cars
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2007, 02:27:07 AM »
well look de righteous bimmer ting for hurricane weather

ah hope yuh doh wear ah toupee  :D

I ah family man so I hattuh buy de sadan. Black in Black with the sport upgrade. Dat means no speed limiter on it. better suspension, bucket race seats and a few things more.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2007, 03:31:24 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »
Righto ah quadruplin up dis  to avoid multiple posts and to wring de last dregs outta dis post  ;)

1)
Preface:
Because we was matchin de best of the carribbean with 'amateurs' in the digicel cup ah lil while ago
I fuhget to add a few months ago we did the same in a carribean cup road race in guyana

One of the participants is a yardie named David summerbell....summerbell does hold his own very well in international rally competitions in europe...which mean the man could REAL drive

Anyway t&t chris bourne and dem wax he backside....trini's have not placed well in this competition since the 80's when F. boodram had a flat stomach  ;)  anyway look de linlk...it have some guyanee race day gyuls in de pics too....dey arrite...but dem eh wah nuttn wit trini woman

http://www.trinituner.com/drags/2006/guyana29-10-06.asp

2)

T&T driver daniel ramoutarsingh went to costa rica to try and rumble wit dem spanish boy from central and south america

He had some mecahnical problems and could not finish...BUT he was schoolin de best dem fellahs had and even get mad respect from the fellahs over dey
If allyuh spanish lil rusty like mines...look de article

http://www.mundomotorizado.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=7224

oh and even if yuh spanish bad....de tings at de track does make language universal  ;D

3)

If any body familiar with top gear....clarkson and dem went and rile up some redneck dong in 'bama and end up frightenin deyself

REAL KICKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6MJVzXbqRU

4)
Bugatti Veyron tested at full tilt TOP speed....LAWD  :o

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x157l2_bugatti-veyron-at-top-speed

Hear wha...if anybody in t&t see one ah dis dong home...tell mih...I seelin everyting and go move back in de mornin

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:39:53 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »
 :o dutty, i have to say that some of the finest looking women yuh could find at a race track.

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2007, 11:34:53 PM »
I know we all love football innah this forum..I was jes wondering if anyone love cars in here.. Well I do,  I have 4 show cars.. 2 oldsmobile cutlass 442 and 1 1980 olds cutlass  I also own one 1967 English Ford Anglia 105E. My daily car is a Buick Electra (FWD) My old man owned it from new and it was gaven to me.. It  has  about 90K on it runs real good dats why I keep it..My beater is a Chevy ss Pick Up Truck .. My Family Vehicle is a Mitsubishi Montero sport and My wife drives a 2002 Lexus.  Car I will like to purchase is a BMW but cant afford it at this moment. .. Anybody else like cas..work on cars?? Any Cutlass Lovers out there..Buick GN ..Montecarlo SS ..link mi..
warmonga..
check sum pics of my cars in the link..
http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/saloon-photo71.htm
http://www.oldspower.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2115&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500
hit next pic and you will see all 3 cutlass...
Collecting show cars is considered a dawgface battboys hobby in England :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »
I picked up my ride last week. It is a beautiful drive. Was a little upset When I drove it for the first time the alignment was off. Have an appointment today for them to fix it. I did get the sport upgrade so they did say it would take some getting used too. I love it I did though hit the 150MPH mark once just to ensure they did upgrade it like I asked. Next I'll try hitting 160MPH the max on it.  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2007, 08:27:36 AM »
Lawd...you doh study break in period on engines atall

just jump een and fly on the autobhan eh?...say wha...is yours, enjoy it breds

Time to change de avatar
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »
I know we all love football innah this forum..I was jes wondering if anyone love cars in here.. Well I do,  I have 4 show cars.. 2 oldsmobile cutlass 442 and 1 1980 olds cutlass  I also own one 1967 English Ford Anglia 105E. My daily car is a Buick Electra (FWD) My old man owned it from new and it was gaven to me.. It  has  about 90K on it runs real good dats why I keep it..My beater is a Chevy ss Pick Up Truck .. My Family Vehicle is a Mitsubishi Montero sport and My wife drives a 2002 Lexus.  Car I will like to purchase is a BMW but cant afford it at this moment. .. Anybody else like cas..work on cars?? Any Cutlass Lovers out there..Buick GN ..Montecarlo SS ..link mi..
warmonga..
http://www.oldspower.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2115&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500
Collecting show cars is considered a dawgface battboys hobby in England :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
hahaa :rotfl: :rotfl:
daddyo well forget about the cars and focus on de ladies... they go hand in hand
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »
warmonga..
daddyo well forget about the cars and focus on de ladies... they go hand in hand
yu should know faggio cya do dat ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »
warmonga..
yu should know faggio cya do dat ..
war
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:32:40 PM by Daddyo »
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Electric Cars
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »
they are not those stodgy pieices of metallic garbage anymore
look at the Tesla :o

check this comparison

and now for something completly different, a jet-powered VW :o some people have way too much money oui ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 09:11:20 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Cars
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »
That VW wit de jet engine is ah REAL frankenstein /mad scientist kinda vibes

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
He's in Sunnyvale huh- I'll have to stop by on my way home. see if I can get a peek.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2007, 04:16:33 PM »
The ferrari got completely left behind the porche fare a little better. How the hell a little VW chassis could handle 26,000 rpm?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
one thing I did notice is that it was a running start and not from a dead stop.
would that be an advantage for the electric car?
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »
one thing I did notice is that it was a running start and not from a dead stop.
would that be an advantage for the electric car?

If yuh check it...both cars had a rolling start

The advantage is for the gas powered car (Porsche/Ferrari) not to get bogged at the start with wheelspin and ah setta tire smoke before it take off

But even so, dem comparison dem fellahs do makes no sense...de Ferarri is 3000lbs..and de electric atom is 1500lbs..even if the gas powered cars had more power dey woulda still get dey ass wash at the finish line
weight is the enemy in any kinda racing

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2007, 09:49:15 PM »
But even so, dem comparison dem fellahs do makes no sense...de Ferarri is 3000lbs..and de electric atom is 1500lbs..even if the gas powered cars had more power dey woulda still get dey ass wash at the finish line
weight is the enemy in any kinda racing
so that Ferarri could loose some of that weight then.....or that is just part and parcel of the make up of it?
dais alot of weight
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »

so that Ferarri could loose some of that weight then.....or that is just part and parcel of the make up of it?
dais alot of weight

Nah..dais just de natural weight of de car..it have heavy glass,heavy steel and ah setta wiring.........compared to de electric ting...dat have no doors , windscreen, no transmission... nuttn

3000lbs for ah convertible sports car is fairly decent

Dais like trying to compare 2007 version Hasley crawford  vs Marc Burns...tellin dem "well de two allyuh is sprinters..so de times allyuh run should be close"

It eh make no sense

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2007, 10:58:18 AM »
Dutty I ent thnk weight go matter much in dat kinda race cause the electric motor go have more torque than a gas motor ah sure..correct meh if ah wrong.
yes if it was a dead start..the electric car go wash anything in drag..anythign longer and it might top out(not sure what they could get) at out a lower speed compared to a Ferrari.

was only last week ah was in a workshop and somehow the talk end up from safety, paradigm to Titanic and electric motorcycle  ::)
btw if allyuh want to know ah did learn how them NASCAR does change tires so fast  ;D

allyuh know it have an electric motorcycle that goes from 0-60 in just under 1 second?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2007, 11:12:18 AM »
Dutty I ent thnk weight go matter much in dat kinda race cause the electric motor go have more torque than a gas motor ah sure..correct meh if ah wrong.
yes if it was a dead start..the electric car go wash anything in drag..anythign longer and it might top out(not sure what they could get) at out a lower speed compared to a Ferrari.

was only last week ah was in a workshop and somehow the talk end up from safety, paradigm to Titanic and electric motorcycle  ::)
btw if allyuh want to know ah did learn how them NASCAR does change tires so fast  ;D

allyuh know it have an electric motorcycle that goes from 0-60 in just under 1 second?

well yeah...yuh right, the electric motor go have more torque....so dais why I figure they should compare two cars of similar weights...one gas , one electric to prove the power of electrics..well in ah drag race that is
Yuh doh put ah pretty italian hog to run against ah ah hungry 'gouti

den again,dem fellahs have all de phD an ting..so dem know what dey doin

Yuh changin nascar tires?..yuh wear yuh cowboy hat and dale ernhardt juzzy an ting?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2007, 11:15:34 AM »
Thanks Feliz,
"As the first electric bikes find their way onto racetracks and begin mixing it with two and four strokes, it appears you need three times the horsepower in a gas-powered motor to get a bike as fast as an electric bike. " :o

Did not realise that there was such an animal...
check this story
now look at this video :o :o :o :o but ya know what...dem gaz engine does song sweet eh
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:17:25 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2007, 11:19:53 AM »
Thanks Feliz,
"As the first electric bikes find their way onto racetracks and begin mixing it with two and four strokes, it appears you need three times the horsepower in a gas-powered motor to get a bike as fast as an electric bike. " :o

Did not realise that there was such an animal...
check this story
now look at this video :o :o :o :o but ya know what...dem gaz engine does song sweet eh

Exactly...dem ting eh go sell bikes for the visceral alone

look starboy quote
"A high performance internal combustion engine snarls and growls and appeals to base emotions. Electric motors don’t snarl."

as quick as the electric is

THIS is what ah hi-po rider REALLY wants

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/jay_leno_garage/1302876.html

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:32:20 AM by Dutty »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2007, 07:42:40 PM »
check the wheel base on that bike...really looking good.....i find most bikes do not have a long enuff wheel base.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
Saw this out on the road today, you car aficionados recognize it or is it custom?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »
Saw this out on the road today, you car aficionados recognize it or is it custom?

Looks like a 'Vette... or some ugly new interpolation of the Stingray, to be exact.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2009, 10:49:53 PM »
Looks like a 'Vette... or some ugly new interpolation of the Stingray, to be exact.
my guess is it looks like some sort of a Kit Car.........not a factory unit
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »

Ford GT40???
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:13:40 AM by Pur_Trini »
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »

Ford GT40???

Yeah I think you got it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »