April 24, 2024, 12:44:39 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker calls five newcomers for Iceland warm up.  (Read 10046 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Beenhakker calls five newcomers for Iceland warm up.
« on: February 09, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
Beenhakker calls five newcomers for Iceland warm up.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Team head coach Leo Beenhakker has included five new players in his 20-man squad to face Iceland in this country’s next warm-up international at Loftus Road, England on February 28.
The Dutch-born coach, following several scouting missions, has selected English-born Fulham goalkeeper Anthony Warner, Swindon Town midfielder Ricky Shakes and coming out of the recent training camp in Fort Laurderdale, defenders Nigel Henry and Anthony Noreiga as well as promising left sided player Kevon Neaves.
The rest of the squad includes the regulars who were part of the squad during the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign. They are: Shaka Hislop, Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence, Avery John, Marvin Andrews Cyd Gray, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Silvio Spann, Carlos Edwards, Russell Latapy, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Collin Samuel and captain Dwight Yorke.
Beenhakker added that the door has not be closed on any player for selection on the final 23-man squad which will go to the World Cup but he did say that he has to make use of the players at his disposal who he thinks can make a difference at the international level and hence his reason for selecting the newcomers for the match later this month. As a result there are some players who were not invited to play at Loftus Road. Some of them include Dundee goalkeeper Kelvin Jack who is now coming off an injury and has not been seeing action for his club, Gillingham defenders Brent Sancho and Ian Cox, Falkirk midfielder Densill Theobald, and US-based strikers Cornell Glen and Scott Sealy.
“Since the qualification in November, we have done a lot of scouting activities to see many players who until now were not involved in the team within my period as national coach. As a result of this I will give a fair chance to the new players Anthony Warner, Ricky Shakes, Anthony Noreiga, Nigel Henry and Kevon Neaves based on what we saw from them in training and matches,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media on Thursday.
The former Real Madrid boss went on to explain that with still over three months before he makes his final selection for the 2006 World Cup, the players not in the squad to face Iceland are not out of the running for a final pick.
“Having to give other players a chance means between other things that for this game several usual players like Kelvin Jack, Ian Cox, Brent Sancho, Densill Theobald and Jason Scotland among others, are not invited for this game. I informed most of them and want to explain everybody that the door is far from closed for this players, so they have to keep their eyes on the ball.
“I want to have a good overview of all available players just to make the right decisions at the moment to make the final choice of the 23 players who will represent T&T in Germany,” Beenhakker added.
He also has not counted out the possibility of Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel, West Ham striker Bobby Zamora as well as Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte who has Trinidadian parentage but ends up in the same problem as Zamora and Samuel as he has represented England at youth level and has already turned 21. He turns 22 in November and is currently on loan to Sunderland.
 “The door is not closed and in that way I am also still hopeful that guys like Jlloyd Samuel, Bobby Zamora and possibly Justin Hoyte will be available, as you know they were already involved in England teams and FIFA  regulations don't permit them for the moment to play for T&T,” Beenhakker said.
The T&T-based contingent will depart Piarco on February 25 and the full squad will assemble at the Renaissance Hotel, Heathrow the following day with a training session carded for the QPR training ground in the evening period.
Prior to that weekend, there will be sessions conducted in Trinidad in collaboration with the clubs of which the selected players are attached.

T&T squad for Iceland match:

Goalkeepers:[/b]
Shaka Hislop (West Ham United), Clayton Ince (Coventry City), Anthony Warner (Fulham).

Defenders:[/b]
Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Avery John (New England Revolution), Anthony Noreiga (Kansas City Wizards), Nigel Henry (unattached).

Midfielders:[/b]
Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Aurtis Whitley (Jabloteh), Silvio Spann (unattached), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Ricky Shakes (Swindon Town), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Russell Latapy (Falkirk).

Forwards:[/b]
Stern John (Coventry City), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Collin Samuel (Dundee United).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker calls five newcomers for Iceland warm up.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 03:14:56 PM »
Justin Hoyte is ah 1/2 trini!!?  :o  :o

De SW Online maco-meter let we down man.... we does usually be de fus to know
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »
yeah boy i was shock when i read da

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
ah wonder what cornell glen ever did to be on beenie shitlist.  Is ah big disappointment that he didn't make de 20 man squad.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »
A wonder what Anton Corneal say about Shakes making the side???/
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »
ah wonder what cornell glen ever did to be on beenie shitlist. Is ah big disappointment that he didn't make de 20 man squad.

Boy... That is an interesting question.. lol.. I hope he get a Sweat for the other Games.. Wheeys.

COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 03:35:57 PM »
Ah wish we could get an offical letter from FIFA (NOT JACK) about these so called trini/english players... Please FIFA put this issue to rest  >:( >:( >:(
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »
whey all the Rougier fans and them?

The man time as an International pass.  If Beenie were really interested he would have been called as part of the squad.

The man give us some good years, so thanks.

Time to pass the baton willingly Rouge, or Beenie will help you to pass it.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 03:45:55 PM »
Good Squad i like it... i woulda like to see Glenn there and Theobald... I think we seeing Beenie favoring Anthony Warner as i figuring he go start against Iceland, and once he show good Beenie keeping him as d starter, as we know beenie doh change winning formulas so...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 03:54:05 PM »
Fellas

I am trying to figure out the methodolog for omitting specific guys so as to see the 5 newcomers that made the call up.  Obviously the main factor there is not club action, both Sancho and Ince have seen minimal action for some time.  Jack's omission b/c of his injury makes sense, not sure I completely understand.  Seeking clarity.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 04:08:58 PM »
Fellas

I am trying to figure out the methodolog for omitting specific guys so as to see the 5 newcomers that made the call up.  Obviously the main factor there is not club action, both Sancho and Ince have seen minimal action for some time.  Jack's omission b/c of his injury makes sense, not sure I completely understand.  Seeking clarity.....

Nachi, look at the men he leave out... Kelvin Jack, Ian Cox, Brent Sancho, Densill Theobald and Jason Scotland.  Fringe men, with the exception of Jack who is (was?) a starter.  He hadda see what the other "fringe" players have to offer.  He done know what the men he leave out could do.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »
Jahyouth, before ah reply on dat one, lemme say yuh abbreviate meh handle in a manner that suggest we link in de past, is jus so men in atlanta used to call meh after shabba stick dis name on meh...

But two men suspicious on de fringe comment (apart from Jack of course), Sancho and Scotland.  Apart from Samuel, Jason rippin up de 1st div, interestin dat he would not be at least a 3rd choice striker.  Ah want to believe Sancho's lack of representation startin to do him some harm.  But yes, I agree de odders are def. fringe players, so to speak, seen....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 04:18:13 PM »
Is only February, let these new men show their wares now in the early game.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 04:55:32 PM »
Justin Hoyte is ah 1/2 trini!!?  :o  :o

De SW Online maco-meter let we down man.... we does usually be de fus to know

he has a 15 or 16 year old brother that play in the arsneal  reserves I am suprised that hoyte being a trini is news to you diehard football fans futbol said this a while back. I think samuel will win his appeal though . but good squad . if neaves makes the WC  team he will benifit 100% 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:09:03 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »
Its early lets give it few and see where the coach is going with this move, remember he got us to where we are now so lets not not second guess for now, Has as lloyd and zamora I say forget them, Sancho really needs to do what what takes to get some playing time at his club or kiss world cup good bye. world cup is not about what you have in the past but what you can do now.........................................................................hillsdale forever

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »
i know some hoytes dat i lime wit down in diego

ill ask dem about dey relations.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 06:13:28 PM »
Its early lets give it few and see where the coach is going with this move, remember he got us to where we are now so lets not not second guess for now, Has as lloyd and zamora I say forget them, Sancho really needs to do what what takes to get some playing time at his club or kiss world cup good bye. world cup is not about what you have in the past but what you can do now.........................................................................hillsdale forever

Thank god you aint coach
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 06:24:37 PM »
Jahyouth, before ah reply on dat one, lemme say yuh abbreviate meh handle in a manner that suggest we link in de past, is jus so men in atlanta used to call meh after shabba stick dis name on meh...

But two men suspicious on de fringe comment (apart from Jack of course), Sancho and Scotland.  Apart from Samuel, Jason rippin up de 1st div, interestin dat he would not be at least a 3rd choice striker.  Ah want to believe Sancho's lack of representation startin to do him some harm.  But yes, I agree de odders are def. fringe players, so to speak, seen....

I doubt scotland outta the picture.  He has consistently been in Beenhakker's teams, has been one of the subs used more regularly.   It seems as if everybody who is contention for a starting spot has been included however.  So maybe the logic is to have the players who expected to see most of the action playing together while simultaneously looking at potential squad players.

maybe fringe was a bad word, but I don't think anybody who get leave out is being projected to start. 

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Beenie looking for impact players right now...dem youth have a little something extra that he likes and the only way to know is to play them now. He has seen the guys he has left out play he knows their level of play.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 08:56:36 PM »
i think glenn should have got a run against iceland, why do i feel beenie holdin back certain man until de world cup?

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 09:03:51 PM »
Beenie man is a Genius.. he showing dem  men that none ah dem pick assured..  except he 4 Vets.. Dwight, Stern, latas and Shaka
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »
i think glenn should have got a run against iceland, why do i feel beenie holdin back certain man until de world cup?

steeeps ovas nah man put that topic to rest nuh

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 09:14:41 PM »

the man want to look at samuel

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 09:19:05 PM »
i glad that samuel get a call, I think he could help the squad

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 09:20:17 PM »

well KND i BET YUH DID GET KIND OF VEX READING ABOUT HOYte now

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 09:22:21 PM »
GOOD SQUAD

i hav learnt to thrust beenie

fringe is fringe so let we be real d men dat left out were never regular starters

if we cuda go germany wit 50 men is still ppl wuda be left out

hard luck julius james hang in there boss
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »

well KND i BET YUH DID GET KIND OF VEX READING ABOUT HOYte now

dis youth has potential 2 b on england team wit experience, we need tuh hops him up one time and cap him, he will b a great addition 4 de team, we need defenders more than anything else

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2006, 07:27:40 AM »
Five new players in Trinidad squad for Iceland warm-up

LONDON, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker has included five new players in his 20-man squad to face Iceland in a World Cup warm-up in London on Feb. 28.

The Dutchman has called up England-born Fulham goalkeeper Tony Warner, Swindon Town midfielder Ricky Shakes as well as hopefuls Nigel Henry and Anthony Noreiga and Kevon Neaves.

Beenhakker, preparing for Trinidad & Tobago's first World Cup appearance in June , did not include injured Dundee goalkeeper Kelvin Jack.

Gillingham defenders Brent Sancho and Ian Cox; Falkirk midfielder Densill Theobald; St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland; and U.S.-based strikers Cornell Glen and Scott Sealy were also left out of the squad for the friendly.

Beenhakker, speaking through Shaun Fuentes the media officer for the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation, said: "Since qualifying we have done a lot of scouting to see players who until now were not involved in the team.

"As a result, I am giving a fair chance to the new players: Warner, Shakes, Noreiga, Henry and Neaves, based on what we saw from them in training and matches."

Beenhakker also stressed that the players left out of the friendly were all still in contention for a place in his final 23-man squad for the World Cup.

"The door is far from closed for these players, so they have to keep their eyes on the ball," he said.

Trinidad face England, Paraguay and Sweden in their opening round group in Germany.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Shaka Hislop (West Ham, England), Clayton Ince (Coventry City, England), Tony Warner (Fulham, England)

Defenders: Cyd Gray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Avery John (New England Revolution, U.S.), Anthony Noreiga (Kansas City Wizards, U.S.), Nigel Henry (unattached)

Midfielders: Chris Birchall (Port Vale, England), Aurtis Whitley (Jabloteh), Silvio Spann (unattached), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town, England), Ricky Shakes (Swindon Town, England)

Forwards: Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC, AUstralia), Russell Latapy (Falkirk, Scotland), Stern John (Coventry City, England), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton, England), Collin Samuel (Dundee United, Scotland)

Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>