April 28, 2024, 02:22:44 PM

Author Topic: Salaries in T&T Professional League!!  (Read 9316 times)

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Salaries in T&T Professional League!!
« on: November 07, 2005, 01:53:08 AM »
Just anyone know what d top players in the professional league make per match.  I was reading back in 2003 that fellas like Dwarika was making $7500TT a match...Does anyone have a list? 

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Salaries in T&T Professional League!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 06:54:09 AM »
Not a match soldier, monthly...them men got paid like a normal job.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 03:47:39 PM »
that would be monthly indeed mate. i doubt whether any team in the league can afford to pay players much higher than that.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 03:51:57 PM »
yea boss i doubt that

dem men makin at most 10000 i think cuz pro footballeres earn a good livin i think dats why so many other nationals cum here to play in we league
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 09:34:47 PM »
Is $7500  a month...Dwarika was making.Jack say dat was enough money for 90 minutes football a week. ;D

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 09:39:47 PM »
at jabloth, the pay there players really good, but most make around 6000 - 8000. guys like witley make around 10000  a month

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 09:52:03 PM »
That is some decent money for the few games they does play.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 10:13:21 PM »
few???

in my view dem men alwayssssssssss playing ballllllllll no matter rain or snow
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 11:45:22 PM »
Just anyone know what d top players in the professional league make per match. I was reading back in 2003 that fellas like Dwarika was making $7500TT a match...Does anyone have a list?
If that kinda money was being paid... ;D I woulda play PFL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 09:29:05 AM »
I know for a fact the only players playing for Jabloteh and Connection getting that amount of $$$$. The players on Defense force and Fire get civil servants type salaries (which is not bad), but the other clubs are way behind when it comes to salaries, some players in smaller clubs are playing for pride more than $$$$. Some of the best players on smaller clubs still working for $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 per month, and that is during the season only.

This  is the main reason why several Tobagonian based players stay in Tobago, they prefere to play non-pro ball, and work for the tourism dept for more $$$$ than they will be offered in Trinidad, and the main reason why some of Guyana's best talent are still in Guyana.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 09:48:03 AM »
I know for a fact the only players playing for Jabloteh and Connection getting that amount of $$$$. The players on Defense force and Fire get civil servants type salaries (which is not bad), but the other clubs are way behind when it comes to salaries, some players in smaller clubs are playing for pride more than $$$$. Some of the best players on smaller clubs still working for $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 per month, and that is during the season only.

This is the main reason why several Tobagonian based players stay in Tobago, they prefere to play non-pro ball, and work for the tourism dept for more $$$$ than they will be offered in Trinidad, and the main reason why some of Guyana's best talent are still in Guyana.

That explain alot me...I always wondered why good footballers from Tobago doesn't play PFL...And All Tobagonians have speed ;D ;D  ;D.....Go T&T

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PFL- transfer fees and salaries
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 12:35:27 PM »
ok i was wondering what are player salaries like back home in the pfl and do the clubs buy players from eachother or men jus leave on free transfers???
oh and who is the highest paid player in the pfl u all think?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PFL- transfer fees and salaries
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 12:53:49 PM »
Salary can be anywhere from 2000 to 10000 TT a month.
But it depends on the team

The teams with money pay their guys more

Poorer teams the guys operate on a Stipend rather than a full professional contract so to say.

I think I saw somewhere 1500TT a month was the mininmum

Also take into consideration that they guys are not on the clock 9-5 most of the teams will practice 2-3 times a week with 1 or 2 games a week but it vary from club to club

Tobago United for example may only be practicing once a day for 2 hours so men free to find other work during the day.

W connection may be practicing 2-3 times a day with gym work etc and may actually have a full schedule with team meetings etc.

The majority of the set up are not that professional.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: PFL- transfer fees and salaries
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »
Salary can be anywhere from 2000 to 10000 TT a month.
But it depends on the team

The teams with money pay their guys more

Poorer teams the guys operate on a Stipend rather than a full professional contract so to say.

I think I saw somewhere 1500TT a month was the mininmum

Also take into consideration that they guys are not on the clock 9-5 most of the teams will practice 2-3 times a week with 1 or 2 games a week but it vary from club to club

Tobago United for example may only be practicing once a day for 2 hours so men free to find other work during the day.

W connection may be practicing 2-3 times a day with gym work etc and may actually have a full schedule with team meetings etc.

The majority of the set up are not that professional.

for a man who say that he see five PFL games in the last three years, u seem to have plenty 'files' on Tobago Utd and WConn...lol

How u know that Tobago united ent have gym work and team meeting sessions?

What u just described was how the SPFL used to operate!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 02:16:51 PM »
Just anyone know what d top players in the professional league make per match. I was reading back in 2003 that fellas like Dwarika was making $7500TT a match...Does anyone have a list?
If that kinda money was being paid... ;D I woulda play PFL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

me and u.  :rotfl:

but nah thats a good salary per month. nobosy sponsoring tnt pfl. but hopefully due to the world cup qualification we could get some money commin in and better the sport.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 02:20:32 PM »
AH SURE OTIS SALARY GOIN UP...HE MOST PROBABLY GOING TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN THE PFL...DAZ IF HE STAY THERE NE LONGER

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 02:26:14 PM »
A PFL team training 2-3 times a week,which team is that boy? :thinking:
tell them it was me

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:37:54 PM »
Connection does train about 3 times a week on the field and on certain days they does do strength training at the gym. My cousin does play for connection.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
proleague salary
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 08:03:01 PM »
 i wsas wondering what is the salary structure in the tt proleaguue? and  what player or players are being paid the highest.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 09:12:10 PM »
i read that whitley and grey would be the highest paid local pros ever with some new contract offer
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline juventus_fc

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 06:11:19 AM »
so what about the men who playing for Joe Public in the super leaugue....yall think they gettin more or less than them PFL men?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 10:09:25 AM »
I lil birdie tell mih that when Jack (goalie) was with Jabloteh (capt) he was getting $9000/mth.  Aurtis was getting less, but in 2004 he was getting a chance to play for some club in Japan or China (cyah remember now) and Jerry Hospedales and them offered him $10,000, a house and a car to stay with Jabloteh.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 10:10:12 AM »
JUST FOR ALYUH INFORMATION.....the highest paid player/s in the PFL is those brazilians at W-Connection. They (Ronaldo and Jefferson) get $2000US a month.

Now tell me why the Trinidadians player like Kendall Davis and DeLeon have to be getting they lil $3500-$4000 TT ah month?

John Williams, respect yuh players boy!!!

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »
Is $7500  a month...Dwarika was making.Jack say dat was enough money for 90 minutes football a week. ;D

What about the other minutes of traini. Honestly though, that isn't bad

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 10:41:06 AM »
Ah wonder how much of that would get put aside for when they career done at 36-37 ? Ah hope they have in dey contract that the club will help dem find another job. Cause they savings won't pay for any further education/preparation.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 11:58:49 AM »
Maxg, who tell yuh them fellas going and last till 36-37 years playing ball...very very few men does do it and able to get paided very well doing it...I sorry for some of them Trini ballers ras.

Usually, a baller life span is from 15-30 years. Anything after 30 is going down hill. Salary caps does drop and performance does drop. So yuh done know. Ah really sorry for them men who making they lil 4000TT in this timing ras especially with the cost of living raising like crazy.

For all those who choose yuh scholarships, well done wee. It have it pros and cons eh. But i believe it was d better move for alyuh because not everybody does make it ras. Sad but true...it have real talent in Trinidad still trying to get a bly and salt like d nuts man for them.

Lets say alyuh scholar athletes finish school at 23 and then move on to play pro (lil A league or 2nd division) for ah lil small money till 28-29.... at least they could still have ah degree in dey hand to get a job. Mission accomplished....yuh played professional and yuh have ah degree!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 12:03:19 PM »
Maxg, who tell yuh them fellas going and last till 36-37 years playing ball...very very few men does do it and able to get paided very well doing it...I sorry for some of them Trini ballers ras.

Usually, a baller life span is from 15-30 years. Anything after 30 is going down hill. Salary caps does drop and performance does drop. So yuh done know. Ah really sorry for them men who making they lil 4000TT in this timing ras especially with the cost of living raising like crazy.

For all those who choose yuh scholarships, well done wee. It have it pros and cons eh. But i believe it was d better move for alyuh because not everybody does make it ras. Sad but true...it have real talent in Trinidad still trying to get a bly and salt like d nuts man for them.

Lets say alyuh scholar athletes finish school at 23 and then move on to play pro (lil A league or 2nd division) for ah lil small money till 28-29.... at least they could still have ah degree in dey hand to get a job. Mission accomplished....yuh played professional and yuh have ah degree!!

Imagine davis was a top sec school football player in the late 1990's Connection just killing we players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 12:17:31 PM »
you telling me Triniman? I know breds....it sad....real real sad. the hard part is them fellas aint really no book men eh so yuh done know they have to depend on the football to live :(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2006, 12:21:38 PM »
you telling me Triniman? I know breds....it sad....real real sad. the hard part is them fellas aint really no book men eh so yuh done know they have to depend on the football to live :(
they have to put a cap on the number of foreign players on the field at once. I waiting to see player like shane careldon and pacheco  etc starting regular for connection. King man you know what eva happen to jason marcano why he left connection

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2006, 01:58:11 PM »
Jason Marcano leave out W-Connection because w-connection was not willing to pay him a decent salary. he is now playing with jabloteh. After he left w-connection he went and played in the couva league under jan steadman and where he was getting a salary figure close to the amount he was getting with w-connection. Yuh feel them fellas care about yuh triniman? dey aint business nah breds.

1]; } ?>