March 28, 2024, 07:58:22 AM

Author Topic: Justin Hoyte Thread  (Read 21393 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Justin Hoyte Thread
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:16:58 AM »
Sport.telegraph

Hoyte quick to learn at Sunderland
By Rob Stewart   (Filed: 13/01/2006)

Justin Hoyte has had to grow up over the last six months, on and off the field. The 21-year-old left Arsenal last summer to join Sunderland for the season, and has thrived on Wearside despite his new club's dismal form.

"It's been a steep learning curve since I came to the North-East and thankfully I've developed as a footballer and as a person," he said. "I've had to start fending for myself and for the first time I've had to learn to cook. At first, it was a case of home alone but I settled in quickly thanks to my team-mates.

"I still miss family and friends but I've no regrets whatsoever about joining Sunderland and, anyway, my family ensure I don't get homesick by coming to watch every game."

The England Under-21 international has quickly won over locals by consistently producing remarkably composed performances and has emerged as an outstanding prospect in a torturous season at Sunderland.

"Playing week in, week out has given me the chance to get used to the demands of facing the very best Premiership players," said a player who joined Arsenal as a striker aged 10, when Ian Wright was his idol.

Now this resident of Newcastle's hip Quayside area looks to Arsenal full-backs Lauren and Ashley Cole as well as Brazil's Cafu for inspiration.

"I've improved a lot since I arrived at Sunderland. It's gradual but you pick up new things regularly. I really enjoy working under Mick McCarthy, who I'm grateful to for giving me a great opportunity. I'm getting more confident and I continuously work on my weaknesses. I need to be a more aggressive tackler and better communicator, but pace is one of my strengths. I had a PB of 11.01 in the 100 metres at school."

Speed, it would seem, runs in the family - mother Wendy was an Olympic sprinter, while father Les is sprint coach at the Arsenal academy where Justin's brother, Gavin, 15, is emerging as a defender.

Now Hoyte is looking forward to pitting his wits against Chelsea on Sunday at the Stadium of Light, as the Premiership's bottom side entertain the side 52 points ahead of them at the top.

"We're all relishing the chance to take them on, and for me it's the sort of game I dreamt of as a boy," he said. "It'll be tough but we'll give it our best shot and I hope our fans, who've been terrific home and away, do their bit by getting right behind us to make home advantage count. I feel there's still time to turn things round and we're due a bit of luck."

Hoyte, brought up in Leytonstone, has 2½ years left on his Arsenal contract. "Ideally, I'll help Sunderland avoid relegation before focusing on breaking into Arsenal's first team," he said. "That will be an enormous task but I'd like to think my time on Wearside will help me achieve all my long-term goals."

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:33:50 AM by Tallman »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Justin Hoyte article
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:37:42 AM »
Sport.telegraph

Speed, it would seem, runs in the family - mother Wendy was an Olympic sprinter, while father Les is sprint coach at the Arsenal academy where Justin's brother, Gavin, 15, is emerging as a defender.

I mentioned this a while ago on the site. he has Trini roots.

His uncle Trevor Hoyte & Aunty Josleyn Hoyte used to run for team GB as well and he is ''related''(I think dey just close) to the Luke Moore (Aston Villa) & Stefan Moore(Q.P.R) They are of Jamaican origin before anyone gets excited.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 08:43:51 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 09:25:02 AM »
 I wonder if that is Leslie Hoyte family ??? Tallman could you verify if he is
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 09:27:19 AM by Ponnoxx »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:58:21 AM »
Sport.telegraph

His uncle Trevor Hoyte & Aunty Josleyn Hoyte used to run for team GB as well and he is ''related''(I think dey just close) to the Luke Moore (Aston Villa) & Stefan Moore(Q.P.R) They are of Jamaican origin before anyone gets excited.

wait futbol the question is is he interetsed in playing for trinidad.i Wonder which one of his parents are trinidadian i belive that parent with trini parentage may have migrated to england long time ago
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 10:04:44 AM »
Sport.telegraph

wait futbol the question is is he interetsed in playing for trinidad.i Wonder which one of his parents are trinidadian i belive that parent with trini parentage may have migrated to england long time ago
Interested In Playing For Trinidad??? Probably Not otherwise he would of said something by now,ent. Not because he doesnt give 2 shits about Trinidad but If hes looking to break into the arsenal team they would want someone who aiming for a higher ranked international team. Plus hes well known in england so a few coaches would see him as one for the future.
Well in Trinidads case its a long time ago because as you know TNT is the only nation in WI which doesnt go back to grandparentage. I dont know where is father is born so who knows. (I know someone who got a Grenadian passport and their parents from Barbados they got it through a great-grandparent. That descent option on passport form means anything unless its trinidad :devil:)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:08:17 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 12:19:30 PM »
Sport.telegraph

Interested In Playing For Trinidad??? Probably Not otherwise he would of said something by now,ent. Not because he doesnt give 2 shits about Trinidad but If hes looking to break into the arsenal team they would want someone who aiming for a higher ranked international team. Plus hes well known in england so a few coaches would see him as one for the future.
Well in Trinidads case its a long time ago because as you know TNT is the only nation in WI which doesnt go back to grandparentage. I dont know where is father is born so who knows. (I know someone who got a Grenadian passport and their parents from Barbados they got it through a great-grandparent. That descent option on passport form means anything unless its trinidad :devil:)

but how did lincoln discover justin hoyte.I suspect he inquired about hoyte elligiblily.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »
I read in an old Arsenal matchday programme about 2 years ago dat he is shaka hislop cousin.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 04:45:30 PM »
I read in an old Arsenal matchday programme about 2 years ago dat he is shaka hislop cousin.
What one(what game?) I have most if not all from previous years
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:50:46 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »

Arsenal-Aston Villa 2003-2004 season. D game was in August 2003. (arsenal 2-0 by d way...)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »

Arsenal-Aston Villa 2003-2004 season. D game was in August 2003. (arsenal 2-0 by d way...)
cool. thanx. I'll check it out. I remember that game didnt go it but Campbell & Henry scored(Henry went around the keep then curled it ironicly as were on a Trini site around J'lloyd Samuel.)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »
Soca Warriors target Hoyte
By Tom Adams (Skysports)

13 Feb 2006

Trinidad & Tobago are hoping to recruit Arsenal full back Justin Hoyte in time for the World Cup in Germany.

The Caribbean nation have qualified for their first ever finals, and have responded to the challenge of facing England, Sweden and Paraguay in Group B by actively recruiting new members for their squad.

The Premiership has already yielded Fulham goalkeeper Tony Warner, although Soca Warriors boss Leo Beenhakker is worried his pursuit of Hoyte will go the same way as that of both Bobby Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel.

Both players have only represented England at youth level, although new Fifa regulations stipulate that a player must switch national allegiance before they turn 21.

The problematic situation is also the same for Hoyte, who has spent the season on loan at Sunderland, but Beenhakker has not given up hope of adding the trio to his plans.

"I want to have a good overview of all available players just to make the right decisions at the moment to make the final choice of the 23 players who will represent T&T in Germany," said Beenhakker.

"The door is not closed and in that way I am also still hopeful that guys like Jlloyd Samuel, Bobby Zamora and possibly Justin Hoyte will be available.

"As you know they were already involved in England teams and Fifa regulations don't permit them for the moment to play for T&T."

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 01:55:19 PM »
I  i would like to hear hoyte reply to this article

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »
dont see Hoyte Start for Arsenal  :-\

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »
dont see Hoyte Start for Arsenal :-\

Because he's playing for Sunderland this season...
He would most probably have started in d last few games when arsenal had no defence

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »
Soca Warriors target Hoyte
By Tom Adams (Skysports)

13 Feb 2006

Trinidad & Tobago are hoping to recruit Arsenal full back Justin Hoyte in time for the World Cup in Germany.

The Caribbean nation have qualified for their first ever finals, and have responded to the challenge of facing England, Sweden and Paraguay in Group B by actively recruiting new members for their squad.

The Premiership has already yielded Fulham goalkeeper Tony Warner, although Soca Warriors boss Leo Beenhakker is worried his pursuit of Hoyte will go the same way as that of both Bobby Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel.

Both players have only represented England at youth level, although new Fifa regulations stipulate that a player must switch national allegiance before they turn 21.

The problematic situation is also the same for Hoyte, who has spent the season on loan at Sunderland, but Beenhakker has not given up hope of adding the trio to his plans.

"I want to have a good overview of all available players just to make the right decisions at the moment to make the final choice of the 23 players who will represent T&T in Germany," said Beenhakker.

"The door is not closed and in that way I am also still hopeful that guys like Jlloyd Samuel, Bobby Zamora and possibly Justin Hoyte will be available.

"As you know they were already involved in England teams and Fifa regulations don't permit them for the moment to play for T&T."

interestin how beenhakker said FIFA dont permit dese players for the moment to play for tt, i wonder if he knows dis rule will change, very interesting  ???

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »
would have saved a lot of hassle if we had tried to recruit him just a months ago....he only just turn 21

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:44:05 AM »
would have saved a lot of hassle if we had tried to recruit him just a months ago....he only just turn 21

did he turn 21 before of after we qualified?  because we had no chance to get him if we hadn't qualified

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 07:01:25 AM »

did he turn 21 before of after we qualified?  because we had no chance to get him if we hadn't qualified

You know what this youth had to indicate some kind of williness to play for trinidad or he would not have been mentioned

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 06:25:41 PM »

You know what this youth had to indicate some kind of williness to play for trinidad or he would not have been mentioned

you mean the same way dutch as grass biseswar indicated his interest to play for tnt?  ::)
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 06:31:14 PM »

you mean the same way dutch as grass biseswar indicated his interest to play for tnt?  ::)

mr man our press reporter wrote the article with information on this site he neva investigate it.. Then he informed leo beenhacker. If you notice this tiem its the other way around the hoyte issue .

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 06:39:53 PM »

mr man our press reporter wrote the article with information on this site he neva investigate it.. Then he informed leo beenhacker. If you notice this tiem its the other way around the hoyte issue .

no it is not the other way around. its the same thing.
point out to me where you would get that impression .
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 07:35:58 PM »
First of all supporter that dutch youth never mentioned he wanted to play for tnt he was not even eligible. some poster saw his name listed on some bogus site and asked who is this guy etc . The ttff Officer just read a posting here and wrote up an article informer Leo with out ever  contacting and checking up on the player to see if we was  really eligible.

In Hoyte case i believe some contact would have been made to find out if he is eligible(through parents). Plus if he was not interested Leo would nothave mentioned it in an article .
So he maybe has some type of interest

He also has not counted out the possibility of Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel, West Ham striker Bobby Zamora as well as Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte who has Trinidadian parentage but ends up in the same problem as Zamora and Samuel as he has represented England at youth level and has already turned 21. He turns 22 in November and is currently on loan to Sunderland.
time metioning him.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 12:04:20 AM »
First of all supporter that dutch youth never mentioned he wanted to play for tnt he was not even eligible. some poster saw his name listed on some bogus site and asked who is this guy etc . The ttff Officer just read a posting here and wrote up an article informer Leo with out ever  contacting and checking up on the player to see if we was  really eligible.

In Hoyte case i believe some contact would have been made to find out if he is eligible(through parents). Plus if he was not interested Leo would nothave mentioned it in an article .
So he maybe has some type of interest

He also has not counted out the possibility of Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel, West Ham striker Bobby Zamora as well as Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte who has Trinidadian parentage but ends up in the same problem as Zamora and Samuel as he has represented England at youth level and has already turned 21. He turns 22 in November and is currently on loan to Sunderland.
time metioning him.

thats all speculation and what you believe the source was for the ttff.
there has been no difference bw the situations - both players have been mentioned up by the ttff as elligible. who knows how they got their sources for either player. whatever it was it was a bad source, and bad reporting.

So again, its the same situation.
Hart for president

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 04:28:29 PM »
Justin Hoyte is called up for Trinidad and Tobago
by Anthony Vickers, Evening Gazette.

JUSTIN Hoyte has been called up to play for Trinidad and Tobago.

Boro’s flying full-back has turned out for England at Under-21 level 18 times but is eligible to play for the Caribbean country and has accepted an offer to join their senior set up.

And if he can shrug off the hip injury that has sidelined him at Boro for the past six weeks, he could make his debut in a pair of friendlies later this month.

Hoyte has been pencilled in to play games at home to Belize and away in Peru as Trinidad and Tobago build up to this summer’s Central American Confederation tournament, the CONCACAF Gold Cup, staged in the USA in June.

The minnows, who qualified for the World Cup in 2006, are looking to bring in fresh blood and Hoyte ticks all the boxes for national head coach Hutson Charles.

Hoyte, pictured, has been in talks with TTFA chiefs over the past month and has agreed to sign up for the Soca Warriors.

Charles said of Hoyte: “Justin is a very good player and a very exciting prospect for our national team.

“These are the kind of players who have that hunger and that kind of interest that we want to include in our efforts to move forward.

“He is a player to give us some energy. Justin is a player we will be looking forward to seeing in Trinidad and Tobago.”

Trinidad’s squad for the two games also includes Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones, Port Vale midfielder Chris Birchall and former Spurs schemer John Bostock, now at MLS side Toronto.

Ipswich wideman Carlos Edwards has been excused the trip but will feature in the Gold Cup squad in the summer.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
Sttuueeepppssss! now they realize that their english hopes are gone, now they want to represent us taking away the place from ah young player to get some recognition and make some money and further their skills and career in a foreign league.

it seems like trinidad and jamaica is ah dumping ground for england hopefuls.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
Shaka did the same I think too. Birchall get call up. Next thing you hear Zamora want a sweat too.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »
now they want to represent us taking away the place from ah young player to get some recognition and make some money and further their skills and career in a foreign league.
The national team is not anybody agent. Be the best, become the best or be quiet.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:35:35 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »
Shaka did the same I think too. Birchall get call up. Next thing you hear Zamora want a sweat too.

Nah don't put Shaka in that

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »

Nah don't put Shaka in that

Why?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
Sttuueeepppssss! now they realize that their english hopes are gone, now they want to represent us taking away the place from ah young player to get some recognition and make some money and further their skills and career in a foreign league.

it seems like trinidad and jamaica is ah dumping ground for england hopefuls.
whose place is that  carlos edwards??  ... he is the only real full back we have here

1]; } ?>