April 27, 2024, 06:48:41 PM

Author Topic: Why change the BEENHACKER plan ?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why change the BEENHACKER plan ?
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:15:45 PM »
The recent naming of an under 21 technical team to tour the USA  really has me asking the above question. I thought we would have learnt from our success with the soca warriors but it seems we missed the forest for the trees !
Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel when Beenie has shown that you need horses for courses. Many are patting Lincoln on the back saying what a good job he is doing but are we on the right track ?
Beenie showed the difference between a good international manager and a local one with our Soca warriors. There is no comparison. Our locals need training and exposure which can be achieved by using the Beenie plan. I fully endorse the appointment of Anton and would also have been pleased with Dion La foucade to work with an experienced manager as these are young intelligent men who, given the opportunity could make a valuable contribution.
International schools worldwide cost a lot of money as we know. the teachers however must have university degres and teacher training with some even possessing doctorates for primary school education ! Compare that to the system where 5 O levls gets you a teaching job at a primary school.
I would have preferred to see a World class manager  being sought now to work with the under 17 and 21 with the same la forest etc as assistants.
In Brazil and Argentina which  have  the world´s best youth teams, the best coaches and managers are selected to work with the youth teams as  these are their stars of the future. By the time you get to the seniors they can handle their stories and a good PR manager could get the job done.
We read of Luxemburgo, Pekerman, Perreira,Solari  etc ..they were all successful youth coaches who guided their selections to world tournament victories. What training do our coaches get ??? a course run by some tecnhocrat at the stadium for two weeks ? Wouldn´t it make more sense to get a top technician  in now rather than after we play the caribbean tournament ? Remeber  what happened when LA FORSET TOOK A YOUTH TEAM TO A CARIBBEAN TOURNAMENT ...we didnt win a game ! Barbados etc sure had a laugh at us !
Are we going to revert to the one month before to be ready syndrome.
I dont think money is a problem since the govt is committed to development and jack´s purse, by his own admission, is limitless. WE will reap what we sow !
So Lincoln , and I know you read this forum ..please explain why we have changed the plan ?

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why change the BEENHACKER plan ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
 If money is not the problem...then what is ??? A top class coach costs alot of money....If we could get someone good for cheaper I am sure TTFF(Jack Warner moneymaker) would jump for the chance...They don't spend money on anything else anyway

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:45:31 PM »
If money is not the problem...then what is ??? A top class coach costs alot of money....If we could get someone good for cheaper I am sure TTFF(Jack Warner moneymaker) would jump for the chance...They don't spend money on anything else anyway

Exactly ! jamaica invested in a top brazilian coach in lazaroni, not only to coach their WC team but to upgrade their local coaches and youth teams. Jamaica qualified their youth team after the senior WC . I dont think I need to say how far they were behind us i football just only a few years ago.
That is not now the case

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »
Exactly ! jamaica invested in a top brazilian coach in lazaroni, not only to coach their WC team but to upgrade their local coaches and youth teams. Jamaica qualified their youth team after the senior WC . I dont think I need to say how far they were behind us i football just only a few years ago.
That is not now the case

Yeah yuh right, I see how Jamaica is reaping the benefits from the LAZAFONI PLAN  ::)

Jamaica were never FAR behind T&T at any time..just look at the history of meetings between the teams to see that, and for the last 10 years they have been owning us.  I doubt Lazafoni ahd anything to do with that!

And what do you mean re-inventing the wheel?  Isn't Anton heavily involved in the Technical aspects concerning all the T&T Yoputh teams?  Tell us what you know if it is different from what I just stated!

Additionally, the T&T youth teams of the past have been woefully short of preparation and game experience in hostile terrorities, and to me, Lincoln is seeing that we have the best chance of moving forward.  He is holding constant try-outs, camps and tours for the players.  And at the coaching level, he is holding certification classes nationwide.

If that is re-inventing the wheel, then that is exactly what we need to be doing, because the old wheels have spokes missing!

Didn't a local coach take a T&T youth team to our country's first ever World Cup?  Where was the foreign coach then?

Licoln has said upon this very forum that we need to develop the coaches and to wit he has been training coaches.  The TTFF has also stated that they were going to have beenie work with the current technical team in the development of the coaches in T&T!

Money is always a problem, Jack doh give de TTFF antthing...where have you been?  He loans them money and then they have to use his Hotels, travel service and catering service!

And just where did you get the info that the government is committed to sports in T&T, beyond building a useless complex in Tarouba?

Please take time to adequately respond to my queries.

Respectfully submitted for your perusal and response,

truetrini

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:25:24 PM »
well lets try to first of spell our national coach's name right.

However,  interesting points none the less.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:46:30 PM »
some post on this site does jus amaze me

nuff said
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 10:34:01 PM »
The model that Lincoln Phillips is using is the same one being used by the US.  Beenhakker's plan is more short-term  and seeks to identify players who can immediately fit into a national team. With Phillips plan it's actually revamping the system from the youngest level and thus raising the overall quality and standard of play withing the country.

JaiJohn you said you agreed with Corneal being an assistant coach .....did you see any of the games that the U-17 team he was in charge of play???? If possible go back and look at those game and tell me if he's unsuccessful at the youth level how then can he be successful at the senior level?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 07:08:33 AM »
The model that Lincoln Phillips is using is the same one being used by the US.  Beenhakker's plan is more short-term  and seeks to identify players who can immediately fit into a national team. With Phillips plan it's actually revamping the system from the youngest level and thus raising the overall quality and standard of play withing the country.

JaiJohn you said you agreed with Corneal being an assistant coach .....did you see any of the games that the U-17 team he was in charge of play???? If possible go back and look at those game and tell me if he's unsuccessful at the youth level how then can he be successful at the senior level?

To the best of my knowledge, Anton Corneal was in charge of the U20's, not the U17's.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, Anton Corneal was in charge of the U20's, not the U17's.

my bad....but still doesn't change my point that Corneal is being rewarded for lack of success.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 03:13:43 PM »

my bad....but still doesn't change my point that Corneal is being rewarded for lack of success.

I guess it depends on your definition of "success".

I'm not sure about this, but ever since Our U20's qualfied for the Youth World Cup under BSC, how many of our youth teams have even made it to the final qualification stage?

Corneal, in his first stint as a T&T coach at any level (I may be wrong here) coached our U20 team to qualification for the final stage of WC qualifying.  Yes, we failed miserably there but in his defence, warm up matches against a local club team U 20 XI while your opposition is playing the likes of Argentina etc as warm ups isn't exactly the best preparation.

I'm not for or against Corneal, but one has to take more things into consideration than results in my opinion.  It's not like it's a BSC situation who was given more resources and facilities than any other coach in T&T history not named Beenhakker.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 03:55:37 PM »

I'm not sure about this, but ever since Our U20's qualfied for the Youth World Cup under BSC, how many of our youth teams have even made it to the final qualification stage?

Corneal, in his first stint as a T&T coach at any level (I may be wrong here) coached our U20 team to qualification for the final stage of WC qualifying.  Yes, we failed miserably there but in his defence, warm up matches against a local club team U 20 XI while your opposition is playing the likes of Argentina etc as warm ups isn't exactly the best preparation.

I'm not for or against Corneal, but one has to take more things into consideration than results in my opinion.  It's not like it's a BSC situation who was given more resources and facilities than any other coach in T&T history not named Beenhakker.

Thanks Palos...yuh being fair.  Dey have men here who jes dissing de man based on he last name!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

Anton corneal coached our olympic team back in 2000 also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2006, 10:40:42 PM »

I think you missed my point entirely as i was not disagreeing with you on the results of any of our coaches. That´s why I was suggesting that they be placed in the understudy category, be it corneal , la foucade etc with an experienced coach as the head. we seem to be forgetting that this system was used in the old days with great success. ASL and st bennedicts and st augustine school teams were good examples.

1]; } ?>