March 28, 2024, 08:57:19 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker calls five newcomers for Iceland warm up.  (Read 9977 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Beenhakker calls five newcomers for Iceland warm up.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 08:59:02 AM »
Ah think yuh right TrueTrini, ah feel Beenie man just wan to take a look at other players. Ah think it have nothing to do with holding back man....that is what i feel. I dont know him to be that kinda coach. He seems positive and fair.

It have players there that the TTFF trying to help out too. Anthony Noriega and Henry...2 promising defenders for T&T in the near future so we need to help them secure work permits and contracts etc. Thanks Lincoln for arranging that.....good looks!!! Now remember we have other players who need that help as well eh. NICE!! :beermug:

As for Julius James, with all due respect to the youte, i do not think he ready to play for trinidad at the senior level (at least not as a sweper or center back). I think he would do better as a defensive midfield or MAYBE wingback. He is too small and slow with decision making in the back. Nice player though, doh get meh wrong but just not ready. That college football and national/international ball is two different game dan.

Good luck T&T.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:01 AM »
Justin Hoyte is ah 1/2 trini!!?  :o  :o

De SW Online maco-meter let we down man.... we does usually be de fus to know

he has a 15 or 16 year old brother that play in the arsneal  reserves I am suprised that hoyte being a trini is news to you diehard football fans futbol said this a while back. I think samuel will win his appeal though . but good squad . if neaves makes the WC  team he will benifit 100% 

why do you think sammule will win is appeal?
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »
Ah think yuh right TrueTrini, ah feel Beenie man just wan to take a look at other players. Ah think it have nothing to do with holding back man....that is what i feel. I dont know him to be that kinda coach. He seems positive and fair.

It have players there that the TTFF trying to help out too. Anthony Noriega and Henry...2 promising defenders for T&T in the near future so we need to help them secure work permits and contracts etc. Thanks Lincoln for arranging that.....good looks!!! Now remember we have other players who need that help as well eh. NICE!! :beermug:

As for Julius James, with all due respect to the youte, i do not think he ready to play for trinidad at the senior level (at least not as a sweper or center back). I think he would do better as a defensive midfield or MAYBE wingback. He is too small and slow with decision making in the back. Nice player though, doh get meh wrong but just not ready. That college football and national/international ball is two different game dan.

Good luck T&T.

beenie was trying him out fuh left back
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2006, 09:34:01 AM »
Left Back, that nice man. Ah think he might be able to hold down ah position of that nature. Hope he get through next time still.

now when we meeting and having a ice cold one dan?  :beermug:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »
GERMANY ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
I thought he would have drafted Rougier to help with defensive midfield duties. We need someone in that respect. I'm glad that he also drafted in the defensive players because i think he realises that dog and lawrence might not cut it totally against some sides.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2006, 09:51:35 AM »
ah lie? :o yuh going for real? ;D

:beermug:
 :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »

he has a 15 or 16 year old brother that play in the arsneal  reserves I am suprised that hoyte being a trini is news to you diehard football fans futbol said this a while back. I think samuel will win his appeal though . but good squad . if neaves makes the WC  team he will benifit 100% 

what u ahve no faith ah wha

why do you think sammule will win is appeal?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 10:17:34 AM »

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=4044.msg29941#msg29941

I said hat Justin Hoyte on 17th September 2005 has trini roots  ;D ;D but nobody bother piss on it  ;D lol

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006, 10:30:54 AM »
That link say caribbean roots futbol.... like you and all wasnt sure which island
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2006, 10:34:46 AM »
That link say caribbean roots futbol.... like you and all wasnt sure which island
??? Yes. The thread says Caribbean Roots Exactly Justin Hoyte wasnt born in TNT. and I said ONE FOR SURE is Justin Hoyte if you look at what was said before I was responding to Triniman's question and  what I quoted after to let him know Hoyte was a trini because he asked post a list.
I mention it Lonnnng time ago anyway. ask Triniman.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:48:47 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2006, 11:17:50 AM »
 Rougier coming of a hamstring injury dis is why Beenie careful with him. He only played half of de first game against FIU because of de injury although he said de hamstring feel fine after de game.I did'nt see de second game so ah dunno what happen.I believe Rougier still in de mix for de 23 because of his versatility,not de starting 11.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »

It have players there that the TTFF trying to help out too. Anthony Noriega and Henry...2 promising defenders for T&T in the near future

let me correct you julius james is promising terry elwin markan hislop both are  promising  henry is a hard back man noriega now is at the point to prove his worth.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2006, 12:06:49 PM »

It have players there that the TTFF trying to help out too. Anthony Noriega and Henry...2 promising defenders for T&T in the near future

let me correct you julius james is promising terry elwin markan hislop both are promising henry is a hard back man noriega now is at the point to prove his worth.

henry shouldnt b dere, we shouldnt b addin older players, we should have added telesford instead bc of his youth, sometimes givin a youth a break like dis could elevate his game 2 new heights, and it will surprise u wat he can actaully do

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
Truetrini, i know James promising. I never said that he was not!!

And i also implied that nore getting a break and is up to he to prove his worth.

TriniInfinite, yuh have a real boss point dey. I think osei woulda take that break serious and do ah serious thing. But say what, no love lost!! All d best!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »
BeenE goal is not to develop and bloodin players, it is to try and win (or do as best as he and the Team can) 3 games in WC...if the youths showed better than the old Hard back man, I am certain BeenE would have taken them...if the "ole Hard back " man performing best, yuh think he should be dropped ? Why we don't say if yuh over ah certain age retire and hold this pension then, we go send a weaker team so dey go know how to take licks.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
Good team..

So I guess Kevon Neaves not joining de under 21 team if Florida then ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2006, 03:42:17 PM »
shit......sorrry :rotfl: thanks for correcting meh breds. Is really triniman and triniInfinite ah was refering to. tanx pal :beermug:

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=4044.msg29941#msg29941

I said hat Justin Hoyte on 17th September 2005 has trini roots  ;D ;D but nobody bother piss on it  ;D lol

Futbol I will vouch fuh yuh, dem men and dem lapsing just like the TTFF.

This was said before he turned 21 years old and the TTFF still in pick up on this.

Beenie just come and he finding loads of players with T&T ancestry.

The TTFF to wutless.

I nominate Futbol for the position of official Football scout in the UK for socawarriors.net

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2006, 05:02:03 PM »

Futbol I will vouch fuh yuh, dem men and dem lapsing just like the TTFF.

This was said before he turned 21 years old and the TTFF still in pick up on this.

Beenie just come and he finding loads of players with T&T ancestry.

The TTFF to wutless.

I nominate Futbol for the position of official Football scout in the UK for socawarriors.net

Yesss futbol for the soca warriors UK scout

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »
Wrexham fans are backing T&T and there lastest new other than their next match against Macclesfeild is the T&T vs Iceland game.....

Warner receives Trinidad call-up 

Warner was born in England
Trinidad & Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker has handed a first call-up to Fulham keeper Tony Warner for the World Cup warm-up against Iceland on 28 February.
The Dutch coach has selected five new faces including the 31-year-old Warner.

Swindon's Ricky Shakes, defenders Nigel Henry and Anthony Noreiga and the left-sided Kevon Neaves are also in.

The Soca Warriors will make their World Cup finals debut in Germany and will play England, Sweden and Paraguay in Group B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad to face Iceland: Shaka Hislop (West Ham), Clayton Ince (Coventry), Tony Warner (Fulham); Cyd Gray (Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Rangers), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Avery John (New England Revolution), Anthony Noreiga (Kansas City Wizards), Nigel Henry (unattached); Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Aurtis Whitley (Jabloteh), Silvio Spann (unattached), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Ricky Shakes (Swindon Town); Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Russell Latapy (Falkirk), Stern John (Coventry), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Collin Samuel (Dundee United).

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »
Swindon Town Ricky Shakes has been called up into the Trinidad & Tobago squad for the forthcoming friendly against Iceland at Loftus Road.

Trinidad & Tobago National Team head coach Leo Beenhakker has included five new players in his 20-man squad to face Iceland in this country's next warm-up international at Loftus Road, England on February 28, with Town's very own Ricky Shakes named among them.

Dutch-born coach Beenhakker has been spotted at The County Ground on several occasions following the progress of Shakes, who joined Town from Bolton Wanderers last summer.

Another player with Town connections, Tony Warner, has also been included in the squad for the game. Warner spent a spell on loan at The County Ground from Liverpool during Steve McMahon's tenure as Manager.

"Since the qualification in November, we have done a lot of scouting activities to see many players who until now were not involved in the team within my period as national coach. As a result of this I will give a fair chance to the new players Anthony Warner, Ricky Shakes, Anthony Noreiga, Nigel Henry and Kevon Neaves based on what we saw from them in training and matches," Beenhakker told TTFF Media.

T&T squad for Iceland match: Shaka Hislop (West Ham United), Clayton Ince (Coventry City), Anthony Warner (Fulham), Cyd Gray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Avery John (New England Revolution), Anthony Noreiga (Kansas City Wizards), Nigel Henry (unattached), Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Aurtis Whitley (Jabloteh), Silvio Spann (unattached), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Ricky Shakes (Swindon Town), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Russell Latapy (Falkirk), Stern John (Coventry City), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:47:19 PM by triniman »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2006, 09:28:45 PM »
nice.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2006, 10:40:56 PM »
Allyuh talking bout Rougier but think outside the proverbial box ......yes he is a good defender but can he handle men like Rooney and Beckham???????
Right now is like Beenie makin a lau....you know yuh have to keep tasting till yuh get that taste yuh want...well that is what the man is doing.......

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2006, 11:47:43 PM »
Allyuh talking bout Rougier but think outside the proverbial box ......yes he is a good defender but can he handle men like Rooney and Beckham???????
Right now is like Beenie makin a lau....you know yuh have to keep tasting till yuh get that taste yuh want...well that is what the man is doing.......

thats a good question.... but answer me this...

are there many who can deal with shrek and dumbest?

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2006, 07:37:01 AM »

thats a good question.... but answer me this...

are there many who can deal with shrek and dumbest?

Rougier I mean somebody should have just gone for his trial yes. ;)
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

1]; } ?>