April 28, 2024, 07:06:37 AM

Author Topic: Defence Force Champion's cup winners 1984  (Read 3183 times)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Defence Force Champion's cup winners 1984
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »
Anybody know who was Defence Force coach when they won the Champion's cup in 1984?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:31:57 AM by rastafari »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Defence Force Champion's cup winners 1984
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:02:47 AM »
Anybody know who was Defence Force coach when they won the Champion's cup in 1984?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Kenny Joseph

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Kenny Joseph

I give thanks fuh dat COOP'S, now where is this coach and what is he doing.

Now ah think he set a record as the first Trini to win a CONCACAF first prize, at one of their tournaments.

Do you know?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 04:58:09 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Kenny Joseph

I give thanks fuh dat COOP'S, now where is this coach and what is he doing.

Now ah think he set a record as the first Trini to win a CONCACAF first prize, at one of their tournaments.

Do you know?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

I don't know much or hear about KJ any more,the last contact i had with him was a couple years ago when i used to have him and Ron Laforest come my way to do Summer Camps,at that time he lived some where in New York.The last i heard of him was that he was still doing little coaching here and there down there.You are right about him taking DF to win that Campionship,they are the first and only club in T&T to achieve this,you don't even hear about him and he was a very good forward,as a matter of fact he used to score more goals for us than Ron La.

I'm glad you brought this up because ppl does talk about every one else and if you look at the history of DF we have set so many standards and records in T&T but never got the credit we deserve,you hear about Maple,Malvern,Jableteh etc great players any position,every trophy,tournament,championship,we have broken so many barriers

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 06:59:06 AM »
COOPS you right they never talk about the unsung heroes..

RIP: BERT NEPTUNE>>> ONE OF THE DEFENCE FORCE TORMENTORS UP FRONT>>

RIGHT COOPS?

SOMEONE SAY KENRICK FLEARY? GOSH THAT BOY WAS TROUBLE>>

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 08:18:23 AM »
nuff respect to defence force always a good side.  my favorite
man them boys coulda run fit kill the opposition in that last 20mins.

army  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 08:50:27 AM »

RIGHT COOPS?

I'm very sensitive when ever it comes to Defence Force,in any era and time we would have been a force to be reckoned with,just call them we had them,you name them we had them,some of the finest players this country has produced came from right here.It's a pity the present DF administration does not think Football is important to the image of the services any more.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 08:53:06 AM »

RIGHT COOPS?

I'm very sensitive when ever it comes to Defence Force,in any era and time we would have been a force to be reckoned with,just call them we had them,you name them we had them,some of the finest players this country has produced came from right here.It's a pity the present DF administration does not think Football is important to the image of the services any more.

Well said... and so true.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »
let us also not forget that DF made to the concacaf champions cup final in 87 and 88. this was probably the greatest club team T&T ever produced.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 09:13:24 AM »
So curious what really happened to DF no more dominance
is it players just getting paid more by the other clubs???
i always liked that team after my hometeam tacarigua utd.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 09:18:45 AM »
let us also not forget that DF made to the concacaf champions cup final in 87 and 88. this was probably the greatest club team T&T ever produced.
Nuff respect Breds.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 09:56:22 AM »
So curious what really happened to DF no more dominance
is it players just getting paid more by the other clubs???
i always liked that team after my hometeam tacarigua utd.
         Although i've been away from T&T and DF for some time i've always tried to keep in touch and update myself on what's going on with the Football,it's one place i must go when ever i'm home DF Headquarters,it even had one time when i was there and they were recruiting(Footballers) and i was afforded the opportunity to talk to these guys and told them they have a tradition to upkeep,and it will not be an easy one,they thought may be i was scarring them.

I don't think the present administration realize how important Football is to this administration/Services,it was used in the 70's when there was the Black Power uprising and part of the Army revolted to bring back that image which we had lost,i think it can still be used today with the kind of things you are hearing about our Soldiers/Sailors today.

I visited them when i was home in January and i've been given a run down on the problems they are having,the Coaches have changed again i think they are changeing Coaches too regular,Anthony Barington and Hudson Charles are the coaches this year,i have a very good relationship with Dexter Lee so he is my main man down there who keeps me updated.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 10:14:30 AM »
really hope they get everything sorted out. 

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
Coops you remember Yellow Man for the Army.. what ever happen to him??

I remember we(P/Park Rebels) mash them up in G/rillo seven ah side under lights..  but they were still meh favorite local club team..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »
Coops you remember Yellow Man for the Army.. what ever happen to him??

I remember we(P/Park Rebels) mash them up in G/rillo seven ah side under lights..  but they were still meh favorite local club team..
You know i forgot about him,i don't know where or how he ended up,i must remember him he was one of the few white boys that played for DF, Roger Tardier and Lenny Gill were others,they were always special guys to us.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 04:55:10 PM »
I believe that the ability of players to get paid to play in first the semi-pro league and now the Pro league has robbed the DF of players who back in the day had no other option but to join the DF and be able to earn a living and play football. Now the best players no longer go to the DF.
 But the DF was  great. Games back in the day against ASL, Tesca and others were probably the best overall quality football that was played in Trinidad.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:15:34 PM »
I believe that the ability of players to get paid to play in first the semi-pro league and now the Pro league has robbed the DF of players who back in the day had no other option but to join the DF and be able to earn a living and play football. Now the best players no longer go to the DF.
 But the DF was great. Games back in the day against ASL, Tesca and others were probably the best overall quality football that was played in Trinidad.

Exactly, thats the end of an era we are never going to see again, also Police no longer have the quality of players the had in the past.

1]; } ?>