March 28, 2024, 04:00:46 PM

Author Topic: Spann gets Dundee offer  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spann gets Dundee offer
« on: February 12, 2006, 10:06:55 PM »
Spann gets Dundee offer
by Shaun Fuentes
Trinidad Guardian

Scottish club Dundee United have made an offer to national midfielder Silvio Spann. But the former T&T Under-23 captain, just coming off a contract with Japanese club Yokohama FC, is continuing to weight his options.

Currently, there are many attempts to lure the former St Benedict’s College player both locally and abroad. At least three agents are trying to get on Spann’s side. At least one top English Premiership club and MLS club is trying to sign Spann.

Spann is also said to be receiving interest from Anderlecht and another unnamed UEFA Champions League club.

“Offers are coming, but I still need to make the best decision at the end of the day. My agent is working round the clock to ensure this and at the same time I have to thank God for keeping me fit and able to play this game.

“The main aim is to be able to play for my country and be part of the World Cup team,” Spann said.

Meantime, Soca Warriors duo Aurtis Whitley and Cyd Gray, both just back from the training camp in Fort Lauderdale, are also understood to be on the receiving end of lucrative deals from CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh.

Both deals are expected to be among the best ever given to home-based processionals. Whitley is coming off a trial from English side Portsmouth, while Gray recently returned from Luton Town.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Spann gets Dundee offer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:39:03 AM »
I could see Spann having a great career in Europe.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:02:10 AM »
Big Up Spann! (when I get my shirt his name gonna be at the back of my shirt  ;D)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 07:48:04 AM »
well spann better choose fast.he should go to another league in europe .you know open up opportnities for tnt players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 08:56:02 AM »
i aint know wha clubs see so special in spann... d man play for perugia (reserves) and now souted by Champions League teams, i wonder where dey see he playing... right back? I doh think he could make central midfield for a top team... whereas Whitley is a man i woulda thought teams would be fighting over (if only he was closer to 20 rather than being closer to 30 as he is now)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:04:04 AM »
i aint know wha clubs see so special in spann... d man play for perugia (reserves) and now souted by Champions League teams, i wonder where dey see he playing... right back? I doh think he could make central midfield for a top team... whereas Whitley is a man i woulda thought teams would be fighting over (if only he was closer to 20 rather than being closer to 30 as he is now)

I agree with you there about whitley if he was about 21-22 he would ah sure get signed
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 09:58:45 AM »
Whitleys' age is his problem.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »
 Spann is a man that stick to football and it seem to be paying off now...I glad that he has so much options open to him now.... Go T&T

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 12:14:13 PM »
Spann should go Anderlecht.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
Big up to Spann, I know this man woulda reach far bcuz of his positive attitude and de man real humble.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 06:52:58 PM »
I would leke to see him in de mls shit leauge beat up dem players and ting make ah little name for heself.. and then move on from dat......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »
germany would be a good place also for spann

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 07:30:08 PM »
germany would be a good place also for spann
Well he goin dey this summer  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 07:31:40 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Collin Mcsamuel

• New Warrior
  • My band
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/mon_the_joe
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 08:12:57 AM »
I really hope he does come to United then. It'd be cool to have a hard working midfielder whos prepared to put a tough shift in. Lets hope he's a United player before long.
Punk Rock will never die.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »
i like whitely but i think spann has a more cultured touch and stride with the ball

as a midfielder i trust him i like whitley too eh but wit spann i jjust think the touch is a little more sure
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
Hey I went to skool wid Spann and i must say praise God his game has improved. Althought he is not as skilled as Whitley he is more solid that whitley. You can also always expect 100% from Spann. Whereas Whitley is better with attack Spann is more consistent and he can also fill any position, he is a very good utility player. Whitley only has one foot Spann uses both so i wonder what coaches see in Spann

NUMBER 16 WILL BE ON MY BACK WHEN I GET MY W/C SHIRT

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 09:20:42 AM »

I doh think that is too much of a big factor, some players does get signed when they more mature, i.e. Drogba to Chelsea at 27, Rivaldo to AC Milan at 31, Andy Cole to Manchester City at 33.

I agree with you there about whitley if he was about 21-22 he would ah sure get signed

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »
Spann has a greater up side because of his age. Jabloteh rushing to tie up Whitley and GRay and get them at a discount price because after the WC they could potentially be worth twice as much.. even more, a good investment.

1]; } ?>