March 29, 2024, 09:32:12 AM

Author Topic: Aurtis to lock down oppossition midfield  (Read 5777 times)

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
Aurtis to lock down oppossition midfield
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:23:01 PM »
very much under rated Trinbago Midfielder Aurtis Whitley will be a key factor for the Trinidad and Tobago group stages games against Sweden, England, Paraguay. With something to prove and the opposite midfielder looking at the warriors with under estimation, a great battle will take place, as Aurtis has a die hard mentality and never suffocates his ability to so called "big player". Watch out

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Aurtis to lock down oppossition midfield
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:38:56 PM »
I agree fully.

like a Roy keane with more talent than just disiplin.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »
yes d man is a solid player still. ah aint go say he like roy keane but maybe possess d same mentality. remember roy keane and them fellas is world class professionals yuh know...known around the world....have so much caps and experience below dey blet. Aurtis no where close to that but as ah said, he is a quality player and he will play a MAJOR role in trinidad and tobago success. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 12:51:05 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »
our fellahz can take on anyone now.

wait until we make second round yuh go see.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
you comparing whitley to roy keane...steeupppsss

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 02:33:21 PM »
YES

you wait an see nuh.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 03:14:20 PM »
I agree 100% wit dis statement..dis is one man I knoe will produce de goods in Germany..ah regard him as we 'secret weapon'..me eh comparing him tuh nobody, but ah sure at de end ah de world cup de man go be ah much more respected player internationally.So LARGE him UP!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Silver-Corbeaux

• Jr. Warrior
  • RF is really ah Trini hornchile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 03:22:19 PM »
very much under rated Trinbago Midfielder Aurtis Whitley will be a key factor for the Trinidad and Tobago group stages games against Sweden, England, Paraguay. With something to prove and the opposite midfielder looking at the warriors with under estimation, a great battle will take place, as Aurtis has a die hard mentality and never suffocates his ability to so called "big player". Watch out

You better watch out! Why you duh hull yuh stinkin arse! How yuh go compare Aurtis to Roy Keane? Yuh ah kinda Cv*t or whoa? Look ulyuh fellahs does jus jump up, and talk real shit oui. Now Aurtis read your post and get swell headed and jus so we midfiled geh frig up.

Look jus hush nah! Laaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhddd!

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 05:54:39 PM »
Aurtis play real games for Trinidad, and each game in my personal opinion he get on real bad, and real People probably tell him that, and consecutively he play better in every other game, so I do think he going an wait till world cup to get swell headed by a couple of posted messages his supporters. so i think u  talking real ass.

On the other hand, Roy keane is a big player, a bit hard headed and ignorant at times, but he never the less captain United. to some big trophies over the year, and you can't captain a big team unless the coach see something in you. But, undoubteldly Aurtis has the fighting spirit of the irish man, but doesn't contain his rage on the pitch, as he always keeps his clam and composure to a sometimes confused midfield. Cause alya know sometimes that white boy is go crazy.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 06:05:19 PM »

You better watch out! Why you duh hull yuh stinkin arse! How yuh go compare Aurtis to Roy Keane? Yuh ah kinda Cv*t or whoa? Look ulyuh fellahs does jus jump up, and talk real shit oui. Now Aurtis read your post and get swell headed and jus so we midfiled geh frig up.

Look jus hush nah! Laaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhddd!

yuh is some kina crackhead awa?

tcj 6 din compare him to roy keane i did.

move yuh fassy ass elsewhere if yuh doh have nuttin constructive to say yuh pompous idiot

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 06:07:04 PM »
silver couboax ....we all have concreate evidence that u know absoulutly nothing about the game of football ...before u praise ur local boy for fantasic performances in a monumental achievement u look to criticise and demolish the spirt and fantasic confidence we as people have in Jabolotea's super star......u are just the picture perfect mold of a typical waggonist

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 07:39:17 PM »
silver couboax ....we all have concreate evidence that u know absoulutly nothing about the game of football ...before u praise ur local boy for fantasic performances in a monumental achievement u look to criticise and demolish the spirt and fantasic confidence we as people have in Jabolotea's super star......u are just the picture perfect mold of a typical waggonist

wow! SILVER....you taking dat :rotfl:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 08:59:01 PM »
I too have compared Whitley to Keane but moving further. Lets talk stats. Whitley has more Heart than present day Roy Keane. Whitley have more fight in him than a present day Keane and might soon be playing in a League(Premiership) better than that of present day Keane. So in essence we can only compare Whitley to a young Roy Keane, when Keane was good because as it stands Keane doesn't compare to Whitley!!

and by the way tcj6 Confidence does only hurt a guy who dont know how to wear it. I say that Whitley need all de confidence he can get. What do you think have Ronaldhino or Ronaldo so good... accquired confidence.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 09:29:54 PM »
I too have compared Whitley to Keane but moving further. Lets talk stats. Whitley has more Heart than present day Roy Keane. Whitley have more fight in him than a present day Keane and might soon be playing in a League(Premiership) better than that of present day Keane. So in essence we can only compare Whitley to a young Roy Keane, when Keane was good because as it stands Keane doesn't compare to Whitley!!

and by the way tcj6 Confidence does only hurt a guy who dont know how to wear it. I say that Whitley need all de confidence he can get. What do you think have Ronaldhino or Ronaldo so good... accquired confidence.

i eh see your stats yet ;D

whitley is a boss who eh reach his full potential yet. i hoping for him to rip in de Cup. But lewwe stop talking assness nah. If whitley had Captain ManU to a Champion's league wiinner's medal...and win countless silverware at ManU and Roy Keane was playing for a PFL team and someone from Ireland say Keane was bigger dan Whiitley you would say he is a rank idiot...so lewwe not do the same. You cannot rate whitley on pure speculation when Roy Keane has actually done it....you comparing Whitley's 'what ifs' with Roy keane's proven accomplisments...and dat is shit..plain and simple. No disrespect to Whitley..let him prove himself and den talk...BIGBIG player..but one step at a time nah

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 10:41:13 PM »
Granted, everyone does rate up Adu and they aint see him play yet either thats why there is a category in football called never reached their full potential. Obviously we are speculating and its all hypathetical however that is where it begins and then the player proves it to be so or not.
So I will back meh boy Whitley until he stats prove differently.  Who dont like it or him coiuld suck salt. Go find your own super-hero.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 09:01:54 AM »
Granted, everyone does rate up Adu and they aint see him play yet either thats why there is a category in football called never reached their full potential. Obviously we are speculating and its all hypathetical however that is where it begins and then the player proves it to be so or not.
So I will back meh boy Whitley until he stats prove differently.  Who dont like it or him coiuld suck salt. Go find your own super-hero.

Breds, just about everybody like Whitley and think he will rip in de Cup...so calm dong. You could speculate all you want...but what pass before didn't sound like speculation. And what stats you talking about...you use stats to measure a footballer's worth, you only will get half the story.  Your Adu analogy kinda eh making sense. Adu is 16 flicking years old boss.....it real premature to be talking about whether he fulfill his potential or not...and we have seen a lot of him play...so I eh really understanding your points....

By the way...I still waiting for them stats  ;D

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 09:38:10 AM »
I'm not going to compare Whitley to any one. I say this, He is a good player not yet great, as he ages his game improves. It seems to me he has a heart for the game and a heart and mind to improve his game. Al praise be too the local leagues but it stifles the growth of some players. One such player is Whitley. Whitley if he keeps a level head an seeks to improve his game quicly he will, I repeat HE WILL be a great player. but he has jus about 5 years to do this he is almost out his prime. His scout needs to get off his arse and get this boy in Europe under a good coach someone who loves the game and wants to see players improve. I believe wigams coach is one such coach so if it is anywhere i believe Whitley's game can improve is and a top flight team witha coach who loves the game, loves his players and loves to see improvement.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »
I'm not going to compare Whitley to any one. I say this, He is a good player not yet great, as he ages his game improves. It seems to me he has a heart for the game and a heart and mind to improve his game. Al praise be too the local leagues but it stifles the growth of some players. One such player is Whitley. Whitley if he keeps a level head an seeks to improve his game quicly he will, I repeat HE WILL be a great player. but he has jus about 5 years to do this he is almost out his prime. His scout needs to get off his arse and get this boy in Europe under a good coach someone who loves the game and wants to see players improve. I believe wigams coach is one such coach so if it is anywhere i believe Whitley's game can improve is and a top flight team witha coach who loves the game, loves his players and loves to see improvement.
I welcome you as a new poster to the board :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:....ah lil word of advice...when yuh type in large font it indicates  that you are shouting and it is also hard on de eyes...especially if yuh does wear bi-focals like me  ;D ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 09:58:25 AM »
Thanks man
sorry bout that

I welcome you as a new poster to the board    ....ah lil word of advice...when yuh type in large font it indicates  that you are shouting and it is also hard on de eyes...especially if yuh does wear bi-focals like me   

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 02:07:08 PM »
futbolfan dey dont even make Bi-focals anymore - lol
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 02:21:02 PM »
Filho, should I have made the platform the World cup and how does your Keane line up for de world cup. Is he going to RIP as you say as well because you just say that Whitley might or should or could whichever wording you use. Claims have been made that Adu will be the best player in the world.
If he works out to be, then de dude who say so was right or wrong? Your talking about Keane captaining Man U.well all that is great but I am talking about  here and now and a  Captaincy normally takes more qualities than being skill-full or being able to lock down Roy Keane.

I aint never say nothing about Whitley for President or Mayor or even Captain just that he can be de Roy Keane of our Midfield.

By the way you can flick your flickings  elsewhere and dont tell me to cool myself because your the one who is getting Irate. If yuh cya handle de noise then get out de kitchen or come visit meh.

This will be de last correspondence to you anything else ask for my address so we can personally finish up we little conversation.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 02:40:40 PM »
Filho, should I have made the platform the World cup and how does your Keane line up for de world cup. Is he going to RIP as you say as well because you just say that Whitley might or should or could whichever wording you use. Claims have been made that Adu will be the best player in the world.
If he works out to be, then de dude who say so was right or wrong? Your talking about Keane captaining Man U.well all that is great but I am talking about  here and now and a  Captaincy normally takes more qualities than being skill-full or being able to lock down Roy Keane.

I aint never say nothing about Whitley for President or Mayor or even Captain just that he can be de Roy Keane of our Midfield.

By the way you can flick your flickings  elsewhere and dont tell me to cool myself because your the one who is getting Irate. If yuh cya handle de noise then get out de kitchen or come visit meh.

This will be de last correspondence to you anything else ask for my address so we can personally finish up we little conversation.
Maybe you can go just a little bit further and just outline the similarities for him. That ought to convince him :-\
Live large and prosper!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »
Doc I aint see yuh name long time. Yours is one of the first handles I remember back on de old board. Big up yuhself hope everything is fine. Maybe I should have stated the similarities for him since I am trying to make a case of the two players being similar but Doc yuh done know, I always been a little slow.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 03:23:57 PM »

Yuh ain't believe in yuh own people boy,the universe have ah way of fixing itself yuh know,just wait and you'll see they'll be comparing other people to whitley & spann.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »

Yuh ain't believe in yuh own people boy,the universe have ah way of fixing itself yuh know,just wait and you'll see they'll be comparing other people to whitley & spann.
Freal daz trinidadians for yuh.....

fabio

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »
Saying aurtis is like keane is like saying Truetrini could apply for a job in the TTFF.......thats a big joke, you kidding me. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 04:55:25 PM »
Doc I aint see yuh name long time. Yours is one of the first handles I remember back on de old board. Big up yuhself hope everything is fine. Maybe I should have stated the similarities for him since I am trying to make a case of the two players being similar but Doc yuh done know, I always been a little slow.

unfortunately allyah jus eh gettin' what I saying. I eh vex and I eh arguing with nobody. take time and read my posts and realize I jes disagreeing with davidephraim and jefferz and whoever say that right now Whitley is better than Roy Keane.... I never said you cannot speculate or even see similarities in the 2 players. Simply saying I doh think Whitley has done anything to indicate he is as good as Roy Keane....past or present. By the way...as I have tirelessly mentioned in every one of my posts...I am a Whitley fan and I sure as hell ain't no Roy Keane fan.....so as far as I concerned I want Whitley to go on and have a deadly WC and a great career. I will be the first to say he hotter than anyone if I see him perform well at the highest level....that is all...no need to get it twisted.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 05:15:47 PM »
huh?

i never say de man better dan roy keane i said that he have good disiplin like keane and more talent.

i have actually red keane's book and he often says that he was never talented.

didnt have much natural skill.

he just studied the game and work endlessly hard.

and through intense and disiplined practice he became the dominating midfielder he is today.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 05:17:40 PM by Jefferz »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 05:35:48 PM »
I think we have the wrong approach here, Whitley is a good player whose game is going  to improve with the WC experience. However, it is a somewhat foolhearthy to think that Whitley could 'lock down the opposition midfield'. Whitley is is a good solid tackler and is best when going forward with his penetrating runs.

We all know that the midfield is the engine room, and if we only have one piston (Whitley) firing, then the engine will shut down.

Shutting down the opponent's midfield is a total team effort:
Tight disciplined marking, denying opponents space, cutting off passing lanes
Defending in blocks, with strikers making first tackle
Defence pushing up, keeping middle tight and compact

To suggest one man can do it is very naive, and comparing Whitley to Keane is unfair, they are similar but Whitley is just discovering his game while Keane has already proven himself.

Our midfield play will decide how far we can go in the WC, I've noticed that Beenie has placed a lot of emphasis on midfield, looking for a lefty etc.  

TrinInfinite

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »
I think we have the wrong approach here, Whitley is a good player whose game is going  to improve with the WC experience. However, it is a somewhat foolhearthy to think that Whitley could 'lock down the opposition midfield'. Whitley is is a good solid tackler and is best when going forward with his penetrating runs.

We all know that the midfield is the engine room, and if we only have one piston (Whitley) firing, then the engine will shut down.

Shutting down the opponent's midfield is a total team effort:
Tight disciplined marking, denying opponents space, cutting off passing lanes
Defending in blocks, with strikers making first tackle
Defence pushing up, keeping middle tight and compact

To suggest one man can do it is very naive, and comparing Whitley to Keane is unfair, they are similar but Whitley is just discovering his game while Keane has already proven himself.

Our midfield play will decide how far we can go in the WC, I've noticed that Beenie has placed a lot of emphasis on midfield, looking for a lefty etc. 

very good statement, whitley need tuh play in de WC and also in the EPL b4 he can be compared to keane, however whitley has more talent and speed than keane and also whitley has a lil more flair, dis is to whitley's advantage, he needs to work harder and get better to see his full potential  :beermug:

1]; } ?>