April 28, 2024, 02:24:11 PM

Author Topic: Big Up Choice FM, BWIA Cocoyea & Martin Jay For Promotin' Da Game!!!!!!!  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
I hear last nite(well I know) The Game Get Promotion last nite that the BWIA Cocoyea, Martin Jay Promoting it all the time(and promo it more at Cocoyea when he got there) and they are giving away 2 pairs of tickets everyday on the morning show wid Martin Jay & Asha!
At this rate there should be a very good turn out!

Watch the fake Soca Warriors Merchandise. LOL. (The scarf looks cool though)

More pics from BWIA Cocoyea last night.

http://www.trinisinlondon.com/Cocoyea%201%204%20de%20rd/slides/PICT0485.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:41:41 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big Up Choice FM, BWIA Cocoyea & Martin Jay For Promotin' Da Game!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »
That scarf look good.  The poster too! 

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:56:37 PM »
Thats what I was thinking but its heading towards spring! maybe the trinis in england will use it on the day and save it for winter!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »
Yes big-up to all ah dem but lets give the full picture of where credit is due for 24/7 promotion of this upcoming game T&T v Iceland game!

There is a T&T v Iceland game advert being heard every 1/2 hour on London's only official Soca station Lynx 87.6FM from over a week ago as we post. Also most of the Soca DJ's on Lynx FM including myself have been giving away promtional tickets to the match during their shows. I personally have been plugging this game in all my Soca radio shows since its was announced and since Christmas have even dubbed my Tuesday evening Soca show the "Soca Warriors Show".

Right now I am trying to arrange for some steelpan players to also be at the game alongside the rhythm section to add to the Warrior Nation atmoshere!

Allyuh whole tight all ah we supporting, so doh leave out Lynx Soca Family from any credits in promoting this game & supporting the Soca Warriors.

Chat with allyuh later!  8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 04:00:59 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 03:58:21 PM »
Thats what I was thinking but its heading towards spring! maybe the trinis in england will use it on the day and save it for winter!

those scarfs are to put up in your basement and go games with.  In the middle of summer Argetinian fans is have scarfs in their hands at games.  Is really not to keep warm.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 05:41:47 PM »
Yes big-up to all ah dem but lets give the full picture of where credit is due for 24/7 promotion of this upcoming game T&T v Iceland game!

There is a T&T v Iceland game advert being heard every 1/2 hour on London's only official Soca station Lynx 87.6FM from over a week ago as we post. Also most of the Soca DJ's on Lynx FM including myself have been giving away promtional tickets to the match during their shows. I personally have been plugging this game in all my Soca radio shows since its was announced and since Christmas have even dubbed my Tuesday evening Soca show the "Soca Warriors Show".

Right now I am trying to arrange for some steelpan players to also be at the game alongside the rhythm section to add to the Warrior Nation atmoshere!

Allyuh whole tight all ah we supporting, so doh leave out Lynx Soca Family from any credits in promoting this game & supporting the Soca Warriors.

Chat with allyuh later!  8)

This game is ALSO heavily advertised on www.thefrontlineradio.com , as well as socawarriors.net and thewarrior nation.. Massive big up to them as well....
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 05:50:24 PM »

those scarfs are to put up in your basement and go games with.  In the middle of summer Argetinian fans is have scarfs in their hands at games.  Is really not to keep warm.
ah boss. but people in britain didnt really do that when JA Went world and I know im gonna see plenty trini wearing that scarf in the winter. truss

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »

Big Up Lynx 87.6! I big up Lynx the other day in another thread in response to your post!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »

Futbol what is BWIA Cocoyea?

Cocoyea London was formed 23 years ago. It's initial aim has been to promote the music of Trinidad and Tobago (Calypso and Soca).

This has been initially done through the longstanding decision to have fundraising club nights throughout the year events (Fete) Fete is a Trinidad slang for party.

On average we are reaching an audience of some magnitude revellers who attend these events at various clubs over the years. A larger audience is reached in our promotion of these events though taking out adverts/having competitions for tickets on various radio stations, who have shows that promote the music form of Soca the music form of Trinidad & Tobago. We also support a West Indian Soca Magazine called Soca News which again like us promotes the expansion of Soca to a wider audience.

Cocoyea London also uses its standing within the community to support schools/other charities within the Caribbean and London giving a donation from one event a year to a worthy cause in the Caribbean/UK.

Previous donations have been made to:

Montserrat Volcano Fund
St John's Library, Grenada
St Anne's Nursery, Latimer Road, London
We aim to bring the art form of Mas (Carnival Costumes), Soca and Calypso to the masses in the UK. Once a year we bring an artists from Trinidad supported by a Brass Band based in London to our event in November. To provide that atmosphere produced by a live artists.

We are fortunate enough to have one of the best Soca DJ Road Show as part of our organisation. The DJs involved are Smokey Joe, Martin Jay, Rude Boy Arron, Mike ‘Zig Zag' Forbes, Vinny Ranks, Slic and Che. They collectively make up the Smokey Joe Roadshow.

We are also involved in Notting Hill Carnival where we produce a carnival Costume Band under the name ‘Cocoyea Carnival Club' which has become one of the most successful band taking part in Europe's largest street Festival, this again is one of Trinidad's best exports ‘Mas'.

We have a longstanding association with one of Trinidad's foremost carnival designers Mr Wayne Berkeley. Who has been involved in Carnival and its promotion of the art form all over the world by taking part in various Carnivals and using his concepts to work for the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.

We are also fortunate enough to have associations with Trinidad and Tobago companies:

British West Indian Airways
Carib lager

They basically promote their own fetes. too. Soca Pro might be involved with them I dont know?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »
buh Futbol and SocaPro
NO link yet!!!!

Lynx just start up. one of the only stations that provide soca through out most of the day and its a London community radio station at the mo! but I just in the future they will have a link! right socapro!  ;D
So if your coming London and you love your soca set your dial to 87.6!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

Soca Pro.

You need to provide a schedule of all the main soca show. firstly so I know when the big shows are secondly so I can win some tickets for my friends  ;D

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 06:03:27 PM »
anyone link busspepper sunday ???
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »
ya ketchin ya arse to win tickets, eh futbol ;D ;D
My friends really wanna go but their broke.  ;D Im gonna wake up early 2moro so I can try win them on the Martin Jay & Asha morning show. If not im gonna listen to Lynx all day tomorrow

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 06:31:01 PM »
anyone link busspepper sunday ???

I went. It was good. Party went on whole night till 5 in d morning. Stern John and some of d other UK players was dere.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 07:27:54 AM »
[quote author=Carib-briton(aka Futbol)
Soca Pro.

You need to provide a schedule of all the main soca show. firstly so I know when the big shows are secondly so I can win some tickets for my friends  ;D

All the big Soca shows on Lynx 87.6FM are 7-9pm weekdays (Mon - Fri) evening and on weekends (Sat & Sun) 4-6pm!

Part of the condition of collecting tickets you win is attending Lynx Soca Splash at the Hackney Central Club on Sunday or if you win a ticket on my show attending Represent at th Base Bar in Camberwell on a Thursday!  ;)

Failing being a winner you can call the ticket hotline on 0870 112 1967 Credit Cards on 0870 6000 888 or Enquiries on 020 7254 9034.

Tell them Soca Pro pass you their details if they ask yuh who give yuh their contact details!  8)

P.S.
Smokey Joe is no longer part of the Cocoyea Soca Road Show. He now does the music for Awarak a Carnival band that gets it costumes via Big Mike's Legacy for the Notting Hill Carnival.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 07:39:31 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 05:16:13 PM »
I hear last nite(well I know) The Game Get Promotion last nite that the BWIA Cocoyea, Martin Jay Promoting it all the time(and promo it more at Cocoyea when he got there) and they are giving away 2 pairs of tickets everyday on the morning show wid Martin Jay & Asha!
At this rate there should be a very good turn out!

Watch the fake Soca Warriors Merchandise. LOL. (The scarf looks cool though)

More pics from BWIA Cocoyea last night.

http://www.trinisinlondon.com/Cocoyea%201%204%20de%20rd/slides/PICT0485.html

man, i need to beat myself. I was there Sunday and I intended to phone SocaPro to arrange meeting him so I could pass him some posters and stuff but I had a Sol Campbell moment and left my phone in a customer's car at work and turned up at Scala with no phone and no phone number for SocaPro

SocaPro, my sincerest apologies. You probably saw me and didn't know I was TriniWhiteBoy. Likewise I probably saw you but didn't realise who you were. As i didn't know your real name I couldn't even ask around. I was the white dude with the English accent wearing a 2002 T&T replica shirt. It was I who brought those large T&T vs Iceland posters and flyers etc. What a screw-up on my part.

And regarding that merchandise in the photo. Apparently it's not fake but official TTFF merchandise. Those jerseys bore the official TTFF Soca Warrior shield. That guy in the photo is Rinaldo Cardenas and he has a small company called Moca Associates of which he's the Managing Director. Although those scarfs etc. are made here in the UK, they are done so with the blessing of Uncle Jack, and Rinaldo also told me that part of the profits go towards funding the national team. I have no reason to doubt the guy, he struck me as being a genuine and really nice guy. Rinaldo's website is http://www.socatntwarriors.com/home.htm

Also exchanged business cards with Dexter Cocayea. His eyes lit up when he saw the huge posters that i brought and he told me how passionate he was to promote the team's World Cup exploits at all his future events. I've promised to stay in touch and do my best to obtain more promotional posters for him as and when they become available.

SocaPro, once again my apologies, I will not now proceed to punch myself in the balls

Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:16:34 PM »
Dem ppl ent easy.... they have a mens shirt selling for 27.99...

when I scroll down it have ah womens shirt for de same 27.99... and when yuh look close is really de same mens shirt... but de model tie it up over she midrift.... LOL  :rotfl:

so de womens shirt coming pre-tie up in de box?  LOL

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »
man, i need to beat myself. I was there Sunday and I intended to phone SocaPro to arrange meeting him so I could pass him some posters and stuff but I had a Sol Campbell moment and left my phone in a customer's car at work and turned up at Scala with no phone and no phone number for SocaPro

SocaPro, my sincerest apologies. You probably saw me and didn't know I was TriniWhiteBoy. Likewise I probably saw you but didn't realise who you were. As i didn't know your real name I couldn't even ask around. I was the white dude with the English accent wearing a 2002 T&T replica shirt. It was I who brought those large T&T vs Iceland posters and flyers etc. What a screw-up on my part.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/jprminis/punchballs.gif[/img]

Doh worry man! I got nuff flyers now and also received the stuff you posted yesterday morning! It will be nice to get one of those huge posters thou to display at my "Represent" promotion at the Base Bar, 33 Camberwell Road SE5, on a Thursday! Why don't you email me your mobile number or call me as you already have mines and we can make some plans to link?!

We go link soon, trust me, and hopefully before the Iceland friendly!  8)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:36:01 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>