April 29, 2024, 01:46:23 AM

Author Topic: S. Korea 1, Mexico 0  (Read 2275 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
S. Korea 1, Mexico 0
« on: February 16, 2006, 09:18:47 AM »
S. Korea 1, Mexico 0

February 16, 2006

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lee Dong-Gook scored in the first half and Lee Woon-Jae made a crucial save late in the game to give South Korea a 1-0 victory over Mexico in an exhibition matchup Wednesday night.

Both teams will play in this summer's World Cup in Germany.

Lee Dong-Gook scored in the 15th minute after Lee Chun-Soo took a 23-yard free kick from the left flank that Mexico goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez caught on one bounce. Sanchez then flipped the ball forward into open space but before he could kick it, Lee Dong-Gook pounced on the ball and scored from 11 yards.

Mexico's best scoring chance came in second-half stoppage time. Lee Woon-Jae had to dive toward the right post to deflect Omar Bravo's diving header from 7 yards out.

Lee Woon-Jae, who started in the 1994 and 2002 World Cups, made three saves for the shutout in his 91st international appearance.

Mexico played without defender Rafael Marquez and forward Jared Borgetti, the national team's all-time leading goal scorer. Both competed in the 2002 World Cup and are expected to make the 2006 World Cup team.

Marquez and Borgetti remained with their European clubs.

South Korea coach Dick Advocaat remained at home in the Netherlands because of the death of his mother-in-law. Assistant coach Pim Verbeek served as the interim coach.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-mexico-skorea&prov=ap&type=lgns

Warrior For Life !!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: S. Korea 1, Mexico 0
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:18:24 AM »
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=00064054.wmv

What a jokey goal Meico get boy. That keeper was certainly day dreaming

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:22:45 AM »
They will be second in Concacaf after this month.... behind USA... Hmmmm... if Trinidad played a few more games they would have been second at this rate....
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 10:27:38 AM »
They will be second in Concacaf after this month.... behind USA... Hmmmm... if Trinidad played a few more games they would have been second at this rate....

I just amazed by how much quality friendlies the USA, Coast Rica and Mexico done play since World Cup qualification. Since then we use we local players to play team like FIU and some Honduras club. I mean we local players can't go up against some better valuable opponents. That is how you does know them other three teams in Concacaf a step higher than teams like Trinidad. But i wouldn't lie we getting up there closer as days pass by but we have alot of grounds to cover.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 10:32:26 AM »
TNT have sum decent games.. Remember Mexico and USA players are mostly locally based so right now dey aint gettin a swet, except for the Friendlies.  .. Almost all of TNT players are playing regularly because dey are based in England and Scotland.. ...
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 12:08:16 PM »
I saw the incident, it had look like the keeper thought the ref blow his whistle.  He made a motion like blowin a whistle.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 12:15:38 PM »

I just amazed by how much quality friendlies the USA, Coast Rica and Mexico done play since World Cup qualification. Since then we use we local players to play team like FIU and some Honduras club. I mean we local players can't go up against some better valuable opponents. That is how you does know them other three teams in Concacaf a step higher than teams like Trinidad. But i wouldn't lie we getting up there closer as days pass by but we have alot of grounds to cover.

whappen breds, WE REACH, TELL DEM, WE REACH!  ;D ent man cussin meh 4 sayin we shoulda play de saudi tournament wit locals and man talkin how we go get bash, WELL TELL DEM, WE REACH! PLAYIN HONDURAN CLUB  WE REACH AND FIU WE REACH, TELL DEM WE REACH  :devil:

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 12:32:29 PM »

whappen breds, WE REACH, TELL DEM, WE REACH! ;D ent man cussin meh 4 sayin we shoulda play de saudi tournament wit locals and man talkin how we go get bash, WELL TELL DEM, WE REACH! PLAYIN HONDURAN CLUB WE REACH AND FIU WE REACH, TELL DEM WE REACH :devil:

TI, we got invited to the Saudi tournament, right after we qualified and most of our players went back to the clubs in Europe. At that time we did not have a team that could have adequately represented T&T. We are in a unique position, we only have 1.2 million and we certainly do not have a strong domestic league like the US or Mexico. This was discussed on this board already.

As far as organization is concerned, we are far behind the 2 tops teams in the Concacaf, so stop comparing, we are making progress.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »

whappen breds, WE REACH, TELL DEM, WE REACH! ;D ent man cussin meh 4 sayin we shoulda play de saudi tournament wit locals and man talkin how we go get bash, WELL TELL DEM, WE REACH! PLAYIN HONDURAN CLUB WE REACH AND FIU WE REACH, TELL DEM WE REACH :devil:

TI, we got invited to the Saudi tournament, right after we qualified and most of our players went back to the clubs in Europe. At that time we did not have a team that could have adequately represented T&T. We are in a unique position, we only have 1.2 million and we certainly do not have a strong domestic league like the US or Mexico. This was discussed on this board already.

As far as organization is concerned, we are far behind the 2 tops teams in the Concacaf, so stop comparing, we are making progress.

all i sayin is WE REACH, TELL DEM WE REACH, TELL YUH WHOLE FAMILY, WE GOIN WORLD CUP IN GERMANY, WE REACH, TELL DEM WE REACH

WHAPPEN 2 DE LOCALS AND US BASED, DEY WERE SCRATCHIN DEY ASS ROUND DE TIME OF DE TOURNAMENT, WE COULD HAVE FIELDED DEM AND BEENIE WOULDA SEE ALL DE LOCALS PLAY AGINST QUALITY

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »
Mexico played without defender Rafael Marquez and forward Jared Borgetti, the national team's all-time leading goal scorer. Both competed in the 2002 World Cup and are expected to make the 2006 World Cup team.

Marquez and Borgetti remained with their European clubs.

South Korea coach Dick Advocaat remained at home in the Netherlands because of the death of his mother-in-law. Assistant coach Pim Verbeek served as the interim coach.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-mexico-skorea&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yuh gotta love dem dutch names,...................ah man name PIM!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 01:40:02 PM »
Yuh gotta love dem dutch names,...................ah man name PIM!

Yuh feel thais something?

Tottenham manager Martin Jol brother name is Cock!

Cock Jol..... Imagine that!

He next brother is Dick.....

No lie!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »
nah man Ti I hatta disagree with yuh on dat one..I mean that team dat give FIU 1 and 2 goal yuh want to put to play Saudi arabia and norway and dem men?  what dat going to achieve? more good or bad?
as a man rightly say, check how both american adn mexican teams play wothout they european players...and still play with strong teams...both we 1st and 2nd teams playing in europe, we cyah play nobody with a 3rd string.

1]; } ?>