March 29, 2024, 09:52:18 AM

Author Topic: Few quotes from the U-21 game.  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Few quotes from the U-21 game.
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:19:16 AM »
TT U-21 National Team 0 v Chicago Fire (MLS) 1

Lincoln Phillips quotes:
1) On the overall performance of the team:
"Evenly contested match. Our intent on scheduling games against the two MLS teams on this tour was to expose our players to a faster pace. Chicago provided just that and our boys did quite well."

Highlights and standout players:
2) "Kevon Neaves was a cut above. The time he spent with the senior team sharpened his overall play and he unleashed a shot in the 2nd period that required a tremendous save from the Chicago keeper. He was one of the better players on field"
"Makan Hislop was a rock in the central defense"
"Both myself and Coach LaForest were pleased with the overall play of the team on its first outing. We were particularly pleased with our ability to possess the ball in the 3rd period. The last 30 minutes was a good point to build upon."
"Gorian Highley was a spark when he came on in the 2nd period and showed the best among the forwards today"

Upcoming events:
3) "Our upcoming games against the Saratoga FC, University of South Florida, Kansas City Wizards, and the US U17 National Team will present excellent opportunities to see all 23 players in action."
"The game against Saratoga FC tomorrow will feature a couple of potential candidates who are from T&T who we would like to see and the game will provide an excellent opportunity to evaluate them"

Ron LaForest quotes:
4) "I was very pleased at the character the players showed after the tough travel day. Because of flight delays, we didn't get in our rooms until midnight and to train for 90 minutes this morning and then play on the same level with a good professional team shows this team has a lot of character and I am happy to build from this point."

Line-Ups:

1st Period: 30 min

Thorne Holder
Carlon Murray  Makan Hislop  Yohance Marshall  Akile Edwards
Hayden Tinto  Kareem Hyland  Josimar Belgrave  Kevon Neaves
                    Kevin Crooks    Randi Patterson

2nd Period- 30 min

Thorne Holder
Colin Kirk  Makan Hislop  Yohance Marshall  Akile Edwards
Hayden Tinto  Kendall Jadeosingh  Kezi Lara  Kevon Neaves
                     Gorian Highley    Shane Calderon

3rd period- 30 min

Thorne Holder
Yohance Marshall        Makan Hislop     Akile Edwards
                            Kendall Jadeosingh
Hayden Tinto                                    Kevon Neaves
                                  Kezi Lara
Gorian Highley                                   Shane Calderon
                              Randi Patterson
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 01:10:31 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Few quotes from the U-21 game.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:44:19 AM »
    Why was the game played in thirds. Stupid Americans as usual!!  >:(

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »
thanks Flex, nice quotes

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:59:09 AM »

J.
      I don't think so,it all depends on the type of game you are playing,what you want out of the game,if you are looking at players and how many players do you want to see,in this case they are looking at all the players and wants to give every one equal time,it's more of a trial than anything else,at least that is my understanding.

How the Americans alone become stupid when is T&T they play against,didn't both teams play in thirds.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »

J.
      I don't think so,it all depends on the type of game you are playing,what you want out of the game,if you are looking at players and how many players do you want to see,in this case they are looking at all the players and wants to give every one equal time,it's more of a trial than anything else,at least that is my understanding.

How the Americans alone become stupid when is T&T they play against,didn't both teams play in thirds.
well look I have been to many trials in many countries where players were showcasing there abilities and have never seen three periods.But interestingly enough the games at the hilton hotel a couple of weeks ago were'nt played in thirds,I think it's a new law or rule in the u.s. at that level where it's mandatory,but all I can say is yes T&T when in rome do as they do.    

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 12:31:05 PM »
It's a practice match...there isn't any problem with it being played in thirds......the rationale behind that is that you have 2 opportunities to make coaching points and see how players adjust to the points made

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

J.

well look I have been to many trials in many countries where players were showcasing there abilities and have never seen three periods.But interestingly enough the games at the hilton hotel a couple of weeks ago were'nt played in thirds,I think it's a new law or rule in the u.s. at that level where it's mandatory,but all I can say is yes T&T when in rome do as they do.    
No disrespect, i work in the US and have been involved in their Football for a number of years and i can tell you there is no such rule where USSF is concerned,it was rumored at one time they wanted to do that but ran into problems with FIFA,if some private organization is doing it is another storey.If this is so i've learned something today.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 12:54:24 PM »
You usually do it in the early days of training when you want to see as many players as possible and want to give them enough time. We did it the last few years with games against Gustine. This is generally an agreement between the coachs.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
FIFA rules aside......from an evaluation standpoint I think it is an excellent tool....you achieve a couple things:

1. More tactical subsitiutions for the coach to make adjustments .depending on the style of play
2. More timely substitutions to evaluate each player
3. More coaching can be done...you can talk to a player a couple times when they come off the filed to tell them where they need to improve and get immediate feedback
4. Subsitiute players do not sit on teh bench too long so everyone gets even playng time.......

Can Hypershot give reasons as to why it was stupid of the Americans ?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 01:25:42 PM »
Some men in here acting like they never hear about thirds, all yuh never play fete match ah what?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 01:27:37 PM »
Some men in here acting like they never hear about thirds, all yuh never play fete match ah what?
ent!
buh for real it is good use for a practice match as u get to make more changes and can better evaluate the players etc
Back in Trini...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 01:30:18 PM »
"Kevon Neaves was a cut above. The time he spent with the senior team sharpened his overall play and he unleashed a shot in the 2nd period that required a tremendous save from the Chicago keeper. He was one of the better players on field"

This is great news...if  more of our younger players can be exposed to a higher level of play, their overall game will improve by leaps and bounds.....ah glad for kevon and ah have ah funny feeling dat he will not be playing for de University of South Florida for much longer... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Explaination
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »
 ??? ??? ???Can any one fully explain how this 3 period game works in the US??? ??? ??? ??? ???

::)

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 01:38:57 PM »
There is no 3 period rule....in preseason coaches agree to run practice games in a modified format.

3 Periods, one period with unlimited subs, stop the game at any point for corrections, etc.  This is practice.

The objective is to evaluate players and team tactics against another squad.

These are not official games.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 01:41:46 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »
There is no 3 period rule....in preseason coaches agree to run practice games in a modified format.

3 Periods, one period with unlimited subs, stop the game at any point for corrections, etc.  This is practice.

Thank you lightning... ah was now about to explode here!!

When I was growing up... I play nuff 3 thirds games in preseason at club and school level at all age groups... This is NOT AT ALL uncommon!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 01:54:27 PM »
Yea man playing preseason practice matches in thirds was no biggie, especially when most of d players not up to full fitness. Its better to play a quality 30 mins then take a breather rather than trying to push for 45 hence sacrificing the quality of play. And not to mention the use of subsitutions as previously mentioned.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 01:55:36 PM »
Lincoln doing a good job here....

So we playing 5 games then (Chicago Fire, Saratoga FC, University of South Florida, Kansas City Wizards, and the US U17 National Team) ??

Nice !!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 02:05:09 PM »

Thank you lightning... ah was now about to explode here!!

When I was growing up... I play nuff 3 thirds games in preseason at club and school level at all age groups... This is NOT AT ALL uncommon!
Breds when i was growing up we used we used to play six periods,because we used to play all day,just take a break to drink water. :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:10:19 PM by Coop's »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 02:14:46 PM »
kevon neaves stand out aye. I hope he makes our WC team
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:22:00 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 02:39:37 PM »
I doh see d big thing about d 3 periods of play in a preseason game. When I was going to school in CIC we did it against Eldo and other teams. So to call this a stupid American thing is being very ignorant. I really wonder why so many men here real hate d US dread.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 04:22:44 PM »
. I really wonder why so many men here real hate d US dread.

ent !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »
is that question rhetorical.
anyways the 3 thirds allow 4 better viewing of playas
but it also can have an effect on the flow of a game due to the stop and start. its most effective in scouting in my mind not in a game of that nature. but both coaches agree so that is history
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 10:36:15 AM »
good...cause we better be ready for haiti in the cac qualifiers....tnt

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 10:39:24 AM »
good...cause we better be ready for haiti in the cac qualifiers....tnt

we go beat haiti, god makin dem pay for robbin we, when someone rob yuh dey does get 10 times dat, doh worry we cuttin dey ass  :beermug:

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 12:51:24 AM »
3 periods in a preseason game is  a normal ting even in trini ,so u really ignorant to use that to say americans stupid...with that whe u say who u feel really stupid???

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »
I see Italian teams play like that in preseason.

1]; } ?>