March 29, 2024, 09:38:35 AM

Author Topic: Silvio Spann to Bolton ?  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Silvio Spann to Bolton ?
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:49:30 AM »
From what I 've heard, Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is considering a move for Silvio Spann to solve his injury crisis. Spann is available on a free transfer after leaving Japanese club Yokohama FC, and Bolton Wanderers will have to battle Dundee United who is also after Spann services.

Also, Aston Villa fullback Jlloyd Samuel is set to be offered a lucrative deal to quit the Premiership and play his football in Turkey. Istanbul giants Besiktas and Fenerbahce are both anxious to hold talks with Samuel about a move to Turkey at the end of this season. Both clubs can compete with Aston Villa's spending power and have been made aware of Samuel's first team frustrations at Villa this season.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:05:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Silvio Spann to Bolton ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 04:08:35 AM »
besssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

please let this materialize.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 04:49:24 AM »
Would be a fantastic opportunity!! Best wishes Silvio!!  :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 05:40:00 AM »
Bolton is a great team with many different cultures, I hope Spann goes there.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 06:33:47 AM »
From what I 've heard, Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is considering a move for Silvio Spann to solve his injury crisis. Spann is available on a free transfer after leaving Japanese club Yokohama FC, and Bolton Wanderers will have to battle Dundee United who is also after Spann services.

Not that I wouldn't want to see Spann playing at Bolton but that sounds like he'd get a run in the side for a while and then benched once the injured players come back. But, who knows, maybe he could make something of it. Good sign if it's true though. BTW, what is Spann's eligibility in terms of getting a work visa for England?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 06:51:24 AM »
Is there anywhere else where I can see this story? How come Spann is taking so long to make a decision about where to play, it's almost March.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 07:09:22 AM »
ah like him at bolton, but at de same time i think hes holdin out for something better, but wherever de lord leads him i wish him luck  :beermug:

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 07:18:08 AM »
ah like him at bolton, but at de same time i think hes holdin out for something better, but wherever de lord leads him i wish him luck  :beermug:

Bolton is not the biggest club in world and of course there is better out there. However Sam Allardyce has to be one of the best managers out there and Bolton is a pretty damn good team, Silvio has talent but his stint in Italy didn't bear much fruit and he isn't exactly lighting up the world. Now I'm not saying that he jumps at the first decent offer to come to him but atb the same time if he has better offers and a better opportunity than an offer from Bolton, if indeed there is an offer in the works, I'll sure like to see it. Good luck to the fellah.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 07:19:56 AM »
from hardly starting in a game  for the Japanese second divion club to starting at Bolton give me a break people. spann should take his time

well the iceland game will answer all questions about his quality
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 07:52:26 AM »
Good club whe...

Imagine Spann and Jay Jay in de middle of Bolton midfield running things.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 07:58:18 AM »
is this the top english club he didnt want to tell us about? if so,   :praying: ah hope he get through.........bolton have a pretty good side,  spann adding more fyah!!!!!  :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 08:25:26 AM »
big up to spann i was hoping it wuda be tottenham or arsenal i seeing him movin wit fluidty in d totenham middle setting up defoe or along side pires an linkin adebayor

i cya see him settin up diouf an borgetti an d bolton style knda agressive

spann for arsenal spann for totennham
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Silvio Spann to Bolton
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:19 AM »
Is there anywhere else where I can see this story? How come Spann is taking so long to make a decision about where to play, it's almost March.
:challenge:
Perhaps if Spann waits and performs at his higest for world cup he could secure an even better beal so waiting mught be good for him... :duel:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 08:40:07 AM »
Even if he getting a short term thing with Bolton it might be good to be playing in the EPL for the next few months. (if he cud manage getting a starting spot cuz that eh go be easy at all)
Depends on what kind of contrat he could sign.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »
That would be a nice move boy flex boy. Ah going and call him and find out more about what he intend to do.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Silvio Spann to Bolton
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 08:42:51 AM »
:challenge:
Perhaps if Spann waits and performs at his higest for world cup he could secure an even better beal so waiting mught be good for him... :duel:

Perhaps something happens and he gets injured and is not able to play (heaven forbid  :praying: )
Perhaps many other young stars perform at their highest and draw similar attention

I doh like to deal in perhaps, because they go both ways.  The man have deals on the table now, take one play hard grow from there.

Offline citizenK

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 08:45:08 AM »
Can he get signed now even though the transfer window close?

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Reply to Mr Mc
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »
 :cheers: : yuh rite. But his current state has me in a state :frustrated:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »
I feel tha's a good move. Apaart from Gary Speed, that Bolton midfield changing every year...and by next year Speed probly will look for a player manager role. Nakata, Okacha, Hierro...all of them (was) there and lesser unheralded players got a chance and took it to make the side. If he sign, it looking Jay- Jay really going to Qatar...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
big up to spann i was hoping it wuda be tottenham or arsenal i seeing him movin wit fluidty in d totenham middle setting up defoe or along side pires an linkin adebayor

It would be nice if it was Arsenal or Spurs, however just getting regular football at a competitive level will be just as good as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »

arsneal and spurs people here is some real dreamers in trut live in fantasy land .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 09:39:46 AM »
Well any move to a Premeirship team is a great opportunity. Hopefully Spann makes the decision that suits him as a footballer. JLloyd to Besiktas or Fenerbache is a great opportunity too, dem teams are huge, he will get to play Champions League football as well

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »
Can he get signed now even though the transfer window close?

Yes, I believe.  SInce he is unattached.  Technically, it is not a transfer, but a free transfer.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 09:50:59 AM »
 He should take the Bolton contract...he could develop better under a good coach

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Silvio Spann to Bolton ? From Foxsports.com
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »
Article link http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5333224

The England job is 'O'Neill's to turn down', while ManYoo eye Kevin Nolan and more...

ENGLAND JOB IS 'O'NEILL'S TO TURN DOWN
The FA's three-man selection committee has pretty much decided to offer the England job to Martin O'Neill, says The Independent. It seems that they have dismissed the idea of a foreign boss - despite the apparent consternations of some members of the FA board - and will offer the job to O'Neill.

Sam Allardyce, Stuart Pearce and Alan Curbishley will also be called for interviews, while The Independent are sticking with their story that former Spurs boss Gerry Francis has been 'sounded out', while Peter Taylor's odds dropped dramatically on Tuesday.

FERGIE EYEING NOLAN?

Manchester United are reportedly interested in signing Bolton midfielder Kevin Nolan as the long-term successor to Roy Keane. Sir Alex Ferguson has been impressed by the 23-year-old's performances this term, according to The Daily Mail. He is under contract at the Reebok Stadium until 2009, and could cost as much as £10million. Other names mentioned have been Deportivo hard man Aldo Duscher and Lyon star Mahamadou Diarra.

FAT SAM WANTS MEITE

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce says he is still interested in Marseille defender Abdoulaye Meite ahead of their UEFA Cup clash, commenting: "When the season is finished - if he is available - I would like him as long as the price is right. He doesn't seem to be playing as much now as he did when we first wanted him a couple of years ago."

Allardyce is also considering a move for Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Silvio Spann to solve his injury crisis. Spann is available on a free transfer after leaving Japanese club Yokohama FC, and Bolton will have to battle Dundee United for his services.
AND THE REST

Everton boss David Moyes still wants to sign Arsenal keeper Mart Poom on loan... Former Leeds left-back Ian Harte, currently with Spanish side Levante, is wanted by Portsmouth, Wolves and Derby... Former Derby boss Phil Brown is in the running for the Hartlepool job... David Platt is among the candidates to take over as Walsall boss.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 01:49:52 PM »

arsneal and spurs people here is some real dreamers in trut live in fantasy land .
You amaze me sometimes yuh no,why not arsenal or spurs. if I recall bolton has beaten these two teams in the past,and spann could make either of these teams if given the opportunity,as far as dreams are concerned,it usually starts off as a dream and later turns into reality in most cases.Remember for most of us if not all of us trinis coming to america was a dream at one point,now look at how many of us are here today and living that so-called dream.

My brother before yuh call people dreamers,yuh better include yuhself as one,because we all dream it's part of our make-up as human beings.       

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »
wait wait, allyuh trying to say that if the likes of an Arsenal, Madrid, AC Milan or Byern were to offer Spann, that he would make d 1st team, or have a chance to make d first team?

If he sign for a top club like dat, Spanner might end up knowing that dug-out better than the people who make it... if Bolton offering a startin job... take it

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
wait wait, allyuh trying to say that if the likes of an Arsenal, Madrid, AC Milan or Byern were to offer Spann, that he would make d 1st team, or have a chance to make d first team?

If he sign for a top club like dat, Spanner might end up knowing that dug-out better than the people who make it... if Bolton offering a startin job... take it

tell them vibetrini tell them. last time i checked spann was not even staring on the regular for his old club in the japan 2nd div.Now he walking in to a premiershipside. anyway lets not forget the key word freein free agent

spann making arsenal when doing what!! :o hey i support the player but come on. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:59:32 PM by triniman »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »
Good club whe...

Imagine Spann and Jay Jay in de middle of Bolton midfield running things.

now thats what i wanna think about dey.

i feel de would connect rel nice.

if it happens rel men go be on dey bamsee wit a spann-jay jay one two
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>