April 25, 2024, 03:02:33 AM

Author Topic: FIFA asswipe ticket sales  (Read 3297 times)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA asswipe ticket sales
« on: February 15, 2006, 05:52:27 AM »
FIFA site eh even processing the applications. Like dem eh cater for the overload. Wha kind ah kaka hole oganization dem runnin

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA asswipe ticket sales
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 06:09:06 AM »
anc...we goh put you up for the post of fifa network administrator...I sure by now the whole world woulda have dey tickets already

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 06:17:10 AM »
anc...we goh put you up for the post of fifa network administrator...I sure by now the whole world woulda have dey tickets already
:rotfl:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 07:20:02 AM »
All joke  aside I went to two WC's and never had this kind of pressha to get tickets.
FIFA site showing single ticket sold out Yet you could still get tickets to follow your team through the stages ???????
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 07:32:48 AM »
trying six 6 am ET this morning. same error everytime.

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.b06a1cd.1140010189.3565cf

look like their servers can't handle the load.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 07:46:05 AM »

Thaz Jack Signature in hexadecimal...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 07:51:44 AM »

:rotfl:

If they did this right and want it to be "first come" and not overload the ticket shop they should but everybody in a queue instead of this reload BS and it will tell you when you get to the top of the line. If you are not watching it when it's your turn you go back to the back of the line. This is not first come... this reload business is just another form of lottery.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »
now de blasted ticketing site only coming up in german and showing everything as sold out.

oh well. at least i try.

http://tickets.fifaworldcup.com/cgi-bin/ds_wmd?fun=pksbyeventreihe&doc=ds_einzel1&affiliate=wmd&key=0
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:13:23 AM by Andre »

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 09:02:35 AM »

Oh god fella yuh nearly make meh choke with that one!!!
hahahahahahahahahahaha yuh win today

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »
Well finally got in and the TST for Trinidad is gone already  >:(

Only Angola and Iran left.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »
all tst have been sold out lol

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 06:02:40 PM »
got up early and tried for hours, and no success. deflating.
Hart for president

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »
I hear you..I had to get up at 3am PST and not one thing to show for it >:( oh well ah still have tics for the Swe and Par games..ah jus have to storm de rest ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Fans fume at latest screen test failure
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 10:36:32 PM »
By Kaveh Solhekol (Times Online)

MILLIONS of football fans worldwide were cursing their computer screens yesterday when the official World Cup website crashed as soon as it started to sell tickets for the finals in Germany this summer.

Sales of the 62,000 remaining tickets for the 64 matches taking place between June 9 and July 9 were to start at 11am, but fifaworldcup2006.com was creaking under the pressure of the traffic that it had attracted an hour before kick-off.

A spokesman for the organising committee in Frankfurt admitted at noon that the website was experiencing “technical difficulties” but would not go into any more detail. “We do not know what the problems are,” he said, “but we are working on fixing them and that should be done in the next few minutes.”

At 11am, tickets had been offered for sale for 31 matches, including the opening match between Germany and Costa Rica and Brazil v Australia, Italy v Ghana and France v South Korea, but attempts to pay for the tickets, that cost between €45 (about £31) and €100, were met with a white screen and an obscure message informing despairing customers that an error had occurred.

The problem had not been fixed two hours later, when a polite message appeared on the screen advising fans to “try again later”, but by 4pm the website was available only in German and all tickets had been sold. The organising committee is advising fans to keep checking the website until April 15 because more tickets may become available, but none were on sale at 9pm last night.

No one from the organising committee was willing to make any more comments about the events of yesterday, but Jon Russell, the commercial director of LB Icon, an internet consultancy based in London, said that poor planning and overwhelming demand could have contributed to the problems.

“There is no reason why a website cannot cope with a huge amount of traffic,” Russell said. “The secret is to plan properly and estimate well. Maybe they thought they would get a million users, bought capacity for two million and got ten million.”

According to Russell, the problem was exacerbated because the website did not tell its customers what the problem was and therefore encouraged them to keep trying to buy tickets when they had no chance of completing their transactions.

“If a website is going to fail, it should fail gracefully,” Russell said. “If there had been a simple message straight away telling users to try again later, there would probably have been less of a problem.

For England supporters desperate to get their hands on tickets to watch Sven-Göran Eriksson’s swansong as head coach, yesterday’s disappointment was the latest in a long line of obstacles that they have faced in their attempts to obtain tickets for the three group B matches, against Paraguay, Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago.

More than 100,000 England supporters are expected to travel to Germany, but according to Kevin Miles, the international co-ordinator for the Football Supporters’ Federation, only 48 per cent of the 3.07 million tickets available for the tournament have been sold to fans.

“The biggest quibble that most supporters have is with the third of tickets that are going to hospitality packages,” Miles said. “Add that to all the tickets being distributed by the national associations of countries that didn’t qualify and you can see where all the blackmarket tickets will come from.

“England will be the bestrepresented country in terms of visiting supporters in Germany because they are also one of the teams that neutral supporters love to watch and these two factors combined explain the extremely high demand for England tickets.”

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 11:54:51 PM »
ah tryin now...
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 09:24:49 AM »
What we need is a script that constantly checks for changes on those two pages (TST and individual) and alerts you when something becomes available.  I'm sure some people have already rigged up something like this though.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »
ah tryin now...

I thought yuh boy was linking yuh with tickets?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »
By Kaveh Solhekol (Times Online)

MILLIONS of football fans worldwide were cursing their computer screens yesterday when the official World Cup website crashed as soon as it started to sell tickets for the finals in Germany this summer.

Sales of the 62,000 remaining tickets for the 64 matches taking place between June 9 and July 9 were to start at 11am, but fifaworldcup2006.com was creaking under the pressure of the traffic that it had attracted an hour before kick-off.

A spokesman for the organising committee in Frankfurt admitted at noon that the website was experiencing “technical difficulties” but would not go into any more detail. “We do not know what the problems are,” he said, “but we are working on fixing them and that should be done in the next few minutes.”
..., but Jon Russell, the commercial director of LB Icon, an internet consultancy based in London, said that poor planning and overwhelming demand could have contributed to the problems.

“There is no reason why a website cannot cope with a huge amount of traffic,” Russell said. “The secret is to plan properly and estimate well. Maybe they thought they would get a million users, bought capacity for two million and got ten million.”

FIFA site eh even processing the applications. Like dem eh cater for the overload. Wha kind ah kaka hole oganization dem runnin

like I owe anc2 an apology.  sorry dey breds

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 09:51:33 PM »
What we need is a script that constantly checks for changes on those two pages (TST and individual) and alerts you when something becomes available.  I'm sure some people have already rigged up something like this though.

I wrote up one for the individual tickets (didn't have the patience to do the TST), and it running and just waiting to let me know if anything comes up. I waiting for that SMS message! If it works for me, I will pass it on to the rest. You know I have to take care of mine first...

1]; } ?>