March 28, 2024, 08:01:15 PM

Author Topic: Yorke jet-setting worries Sydney  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke jet-setting worries Sydney
« on: February 15, 2006, 06:59:33 AM »
By Philip Henderson (AAP)

SYDNEY FC officials will sit down with star player Dwight Yorke on Monday to find the best solution to his impending leave of absence during the A-League final series.

Yorke is scheduled to skipper Trinidad and Tobago in the country's World Cup warm-up match against Iceland in London on February 28.

The game falls just two days after the A-League preliminary final, and less than a week before the grand final on March 5.

Sydney FC will feature in at least one, and possibly both of those matches, with chairman Walter Bugno admitting the club is obliged to release Yorke for the international because it falls on a FIFA-approved friendly date.

Sydney can avoid the preliminary final and go straight into the grand final with victory over Adelaide in its two-legged major semi-final.

But even if a conflict between the preliminary final and international fixture is avoided, Bugno said there was still the concern of jet-lag for Yorke's return if Sydney made the grand final.

"The Trinidad game is on the 28th, he'll leave on March 1, so he won't arrive here until March 3 and the grand final is on the fifth," Bugno said.

"We still do have an issue of jet lag to deal with even if results do go our way and we go straight into the grand final.

"It is a FIFA friendly date, meaning players have to be released 48 hours before the match and not four or five days before which is the traditional situation (with full FIFA international dates).

"We're obliged to let Dwight go, under that circumstance. But we'll be keeping a close eye on how we should handle this and we'll make a decision on Monday how best to proceed with Dwight and with the discussions we'll have with Trinidad."

Sydney and Adelaide fought out a 2-2 draw in the first leg last weekend with the tie to be decided at Aussie Stadium on Sunday.

"Until Monday we're not really focused on this," Bugno said. "But we'll be sitting down after this weekend's game with Dwight to have a discussion with him about it and to understand what our plan of attack should be."

Yorke has missed two games for Sydney this season because of his international commitments with Trinidad, which qualified for its first ever World Cup finals after a playoff win over Bahrain last November.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke jet-setting worries Sydney
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »
Fack is not like they did not know about the WC  games commitment before they signed him? jezzam web what they too thought we would not make it?

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:35:19 AM »
Many of u will disagree but i believe Yorke should rest for the iceland match, give some one else a run. Hey he may not be around for SA 2010 so give one of the younger guys a run and also we would need a new captain so this would be avid time to see the team under new leadership

Ah know ah go get cuss fuh meh statements but hey whaT the hell :angel: :angel: :cursing:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 08:48:17 AM »
Nah man..I agree with yuh ...give Yorke a rest..let we see how another player will play in his role...Remember is possible teams in d worldcup go be man-marking he so they might try and injusre him...We definately need a backup for Dwight...yuh right soldier..

I agree[/b]     :wavetowel:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 09:01:13 AM »
All these clubs is the same damn thing, the reason the international players are signed by these clubs is becuase of their exposure with their respective National teams, so to me in this World Cup year, clubs need to be more understanding and release players if they get called up from their countries

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 09:13:30 AM »
Many of u will disagree but i believe Yorke should rest for the iceland match, give some one else a run. Hey he may not be around for SA 2010 so give one of the younger guys a run and also we would need a new captain so this would be avid time to see the team under new leadership

Ah know ah go get cuss fuh meh statements but hey whaT the hell :angel: :angel: :cursing:
yuh using yuh head.good idea.is not many men we could do dat with though.dem others need de experience.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
Totally agree.  Is not like he ain't playing or needs the experience.  He has played at a high level before.  At 34, he does not need to be jetting around like that.  Is at dem age dat men does put they international career on pause, so they could prolong their club careers.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 09:55:26 AM »

yorke wouldnt be around 4 2010 but armmmmm isnt he going to be around 4 2006? the focus is not jus to bring new faces in but to see how the new faces gel with the teamour main focus is germany.i xpect beenie  starting line up not to include any new faces xceppt 4 d left sideprobably. 2nd half however empty d bench
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 10:47:02 AM »
Disagree.  Beenie also looking to get a chance to see some new faces perform in these warmups, as he attempts to bolster squad for Germany.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 10:53:08 AM »

yorke wouldnt be around 4 2010 but armmmmm isnt he going to be around 4 2006? the focus is not jus to bring new faces in but to see how the new faces gel with the teamour main focus is germany.i xpect beenie  starting line up not to include any new faces xceppt 4 d left sideprobably. 2nd half however empty d bench

ah was thinkin. Latas is still fit at 37 and we playing him for WC. In 2010 Yorke will be around de same age, a little more, but if he keep fit will we play him ? Will he want to play? Of course we will have younger players in their position but ah wonderin

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 11:05:48 AM »
One part of me saying " No way, Dwight should play as much as he can wid the Soca Warriors" and the nex part ah me sayin " Let the young guys have a sweat"
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Is a real dilemma in truth but I guess when de time comes and he is fit and still sweating then I doh see why he shouldn't be included in the squad, as a substitute...like a Roger Milla of T&T  ;D

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 11:08:33 AM »
ah was thinkin. Latas is still fit at 37 and we playing him for WC. In 2010 Yorke will be around de same age, a little more, but if he keep fit will we play him ? Will he want to play? Of course we will have younger players in their position but ah wonderin

Grande i appreciate your dedication for Yorke but remember it was Yorke who duck us a couple years aback.....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 11:11:52 AM »

Grande i appreciate your dedication for Yorke but remember it was Yorke who duck us a couple years aback.....

all is forgiven for that dred

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 11:19:21 AM »

all is forgiven for that dred

Forgiven ..........
NOT
FORGOTTEN
[/color][/size] :flamethrower:

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »

Ah know ah go get cuss fuh meh statements but hey whaT the hell :angel: :angel:

I have to agree with you on this.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

MickeyRat

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »
At this point in his career Yorke should consider keeping his ass in Sydney, it eh like he go get bench.  I think the club is more important than an warm up match.  Besides, the travel alone go mash him up. 

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 12:11:28 PM »
I will have my say now, In me heart I know York will prrefer to play this friendly more than anything else. But, I think it is best that he stays in Sydney atleast for this game. We could realy use this opportunity to see what the team can do without him in there. God forbid he gets injured in the worldcup. Wah we go do? ball and rollup and call it a day? It can work in our favour. As much as I would like to see Yokie on the field let him do his job with Sydney. When not many clubs waned to take any chances with him they decided to offer him X amonut of money to playe there. I think atleast he owe them that much.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 12:25:33 PM »
Once he make the Czech Republic friendly that good

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »

We have This World Cup to prepare for.

All them other things could wait.
TnT Patriot

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 12:45:22 PM »

We have This World Cup to prepare for.

All them other things could wait.

This is the first of 6 friendlies, where Beenie is using some fringe players that may not be around the camp as we get closer to June.  Beacause the aussies have been so good to him, even offering to let him train with their national squad, I would not mind if he missed the Iceland game to help his Club with those matches. 
Baring injury his starting spot is booked!! He will have more than enough time and opportunities to train with the team and prepare for Germany. Maybe if we give them this bligh they will rescue Sanco from his hell hole!!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 01:24:17 AM »

Ah doh think we need ah new captain breeds, cuz so long as Yorke stay fit and still have ah love fuh de game, he wud be an excellent leader fuh de next batch ah players fuh 2010.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:26:24 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 01:36:51 AM »
If Yorke had rest de match, one settah man wouldah be complaining, me included.

De fact is Beenie wants to see team CHEMISTRY.  The team is not complete without Yorke, thus he needs to be there to have a complete squad and see how these yougsters gel with the veterans.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:39:03 AM by whayuhsay »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 04:39:26 AM »
but that is what i trying to say whayuhsay. some men think we going Germany 4 a fete match.men talking bout rest he and rest she steupppssssssss
bennie turned down a game against argentina. y? he turned down playing in a tournament in asia?when men could answer them questions they will understand what is d main priority of the team.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
OK Ok Ok
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
Iight ... good points my fellow warriors but what about our history with coaches. We change them like the weather. How long is Beenie gonna be here? We can't say for sure but with a coach change brings new coaching methods. Some coaches would not see the need for an old guy like Yorke. I know its not a fet match and rest may not be a priority to some of you'll but with the A League and WC prep matches fatigue may step in (which is rear for Yorke, Tanx God!) but it may be good to get e replacement for Yorke. ??? ??? ???

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: OK Ok Ok
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »
Iight ... good points my fellow warriors but what about our history with coaches. We change them like the weather. How long is Beenie gonna be here? We can't say for sure but with a coach change brings new coaching methods. Some coaches would not see the need for an old guy like Yorke. I know its not a fet match and rest may not be a priority to some of you'll but with the A League and WC prep matches fatigue may step in (which is rear for Yorke, Tanx God!) but it may be good to get e replacement for Yorke. ??? ??? ???
Doh worry bout yorke replacement ..I have 5 boys one of dem replacing Lara.. de next one replacing Yorke..One a dem replacing  Manning de next one replacing de president..and de next one go replace warner so relax yuself.. Replacement soon cum!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>