April 27, 2024, 05:41:15 AM

Author Topic: Big Dog is proof that you don't need to be a "footballer" to be a good player  (Read 3341 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
To sum it up bluntly Big Dog is a Big Shit Hound

He cannot Trap
He cannot Pass close or far
Not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

In Short he is not a "Player"

But what he is, is a Athlete He can run for days has good top speed and has the heart of a Lion.
He can jump over big buildings with a single bound and Butt balls into outter space

I remember watching Dog play Intercol league for San Juan as a right back and is pure side tackle whole day all day.

There is an important lesson here for Trinidad and Tobago Football.

Too ofter as coaches and fans we only want to see the Latapy Type players. Guys who can play the beautify game.
Real "Players"

But what we really need is more "Shit Hounds" Like Big Dog on the team Men who can match intensity and bring superior physical awareness to the games.

Men might think I am crazy but I fully expect Dog to get buy from a big english club soon either New Castle, Liverpool, maybe Man U or something.

Which would be truly amazing because nobody would think he would reach that far.

And on top of all that the man maintain his cool and never gives any kind of trouble.

Big Dog is a real Top Dog!!!

I hope more youth and coaches in TnT try to emulate his approach to the game and not only focus on the glamour ball.

Our Fasination with Brazilian style Ball is one of our biggest down falls because it is much more efficient and easy to play german style ball.

That said culture is culture and we like what we like so I dont see things changing anytime soon.

But at least Big Dog can provide proof that you dont need to be the best dribblier to the field to be the best player on the field.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
I go bit !

Fellas when we go up to see de USA/T&T game allyuh men pass by KND house and pelt some f**king big bolders on it nah..

KND, de day ah meet you, I will rip out yuh neck and shit down yuh chest.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:43:01 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
KND, you need to get a patent for that stuff you using, it sounds like it is brand new and the effect seems to be out of this world.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
KND to reinforce your point recently a thread on Lampard being the best midfielder in the world and people kept bringing Kaka and Ronaldinho in Lampard on form is the best on form in that role ,we dont appreciate that role and I will stick to my point that we in T&T have little understanding anything but a certain trend of thought concerning football.
tell them it was me

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam

Keep your freaky shit to yourself please I not in that

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
I remember sitting looking at Nkosi Blackman playing against Japan and people saying he is a shithound he clumsy,they could not see that when he ran you had to foul him to stop him or he shielded the ball well.Unfortunately he was in an accident but he was a real handful hope he is still playing.Stokely Mason was solid not special but ran like hell he was considered a "shithound",Keyeno Thomas excellent athlete = shithound.KND yuh does talk plenty shit but yuh making sense in this instance.
tell them it was me

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Why every time people discuss football they have word it as if they alone are right about the subject. Big Dog fills a role it is as simple as that. Football teams are made up of players with different qualities necessary to fill a role on the team they play for. If the team plays with overlapping full backs then you do not pick a cane cutters. If you have a destroyer in midfield you do not give Kaka the role. What so hard to understand about that. As rightly identified the problem lies when selection picks players too similar in nature and ask them to perform a role they are not capable off. As for German football KND read there website and you will see they are crying for creativity and as teh great Overath put it "at present our football is all based on running and when things are bad running some more. We lack creativity, intelligence and individualism to complement the running, something we had in the past."  
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Ironman I agree Right now Lampard is the best Box to Box midfielder in the world in terms of his form this year.

The man does run whole day
have right and left bullet
Scoring real goals
Assist on real goals.

In terms of all out offense and dribbling Ronaldhino is better but Lampard is the complete package for offense and defense.

Men in TnT only like the pretty ball and that is killing we because there are many simple players who get overlooked at youth level just because they play more like lampard that Ronaldhino.

When in fact if you closely analyse even the great brazil they always put the Gilbertos and Klebersons on the field

Because you need the balance

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
But what we really need is more "Shit Hounds" Like Big Dog on the team

According to truetrini our entire team is full of shithounds already!  Our entire team cannot pass and trap and shoot.  and BSC had nothing to do with our demise.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
KND, de day ah meet you, I will rip out yuh neck and shit down yuh chest.

That is a classic !!!..... Sam yuh good boy...  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:43:21 AM by Flex »

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
man have point to an extent, every good team need a few of these men workhorses but not too many and never a substitute for skill and creativity

german brand not a bad 1 to use-Germans have the best WC record after Brazil-and i would say on most occasions the most difficult team to defeat
i doubt we have the skill to play like samba boys.  they in a world of their own above the rest

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Men might think I am crazy but I fully expect Dog to get buy from a big english club soon either New Castle, Liverpool, maybe Man U or something.

youre crazy. liverpool nor man u would take him. i cant see any team right now taking him with his knee situation. and btw, his passing, trapping, and other technical skills are improving
Hart for president

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
I don't think we put many "glamour" boys to play defense.

Elcock, Morris, Francis, Flloyd Lawrence come to mind.

Midfield might be different but it depend on the role.

As for the fans appreciating them type of players early in their career you might have a point but even then people is respect the big men on de field or the pests that always running and challenging everybody.  Nickname like Tank is for dem type of players you cah bounce off de ball.

If we give dem a good youth system hopefully we doh have to worry bout anybody not having fundamental technical skillz.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Sometimes I does be real shame to know KND went Fatima wee.. ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
KND......u calling de man ah shithound? steups! He get player of de year in scotland (while at livingston) and u still calling de man ah shithound.

Ah understand yuh point but i think u went overboard!

De man is ah good player, de man has improved tremendously over de years, and i think its stupid for u to talk bout how he was playing in school days 15 years ago.

Is this post supposed to inspire anyting? or motivate anyone? steups! u is ah kix man. 

In de spare time dat u does take tuh write dese kinda post, try someting different, play wit yuh body! play wit it and see if de creamy stuff still coming out!

And maybe, if u like it, you could graduate to women!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
In de spare time dat u does take tuh write dese kinda post, try someting different, play wit yuh body! play wit it and see if de creamy stuff still coming out!

And maybe, if u like it, you could graduate to women!

LMAO .......how u know he ain't doing that already ...and failing ... this is why he posting here  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>