12 (46.2%)
Ato Boldon - Couva
5 (19.2%)
Larry Gomes - Arima
3 (11.5%)
Dwight Yorke - Tobago
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Venues for our WCQs  (Read 1777 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Venues for our WCQs
« on: May 05, 2005, 10:29:30 AM »
We always go for the Port of Spain venues when we have all these other locations.

Why not give the South people a chance to host a game...even Tobago.

Is not like capacity is a problem and those facilities have hosted WC games.

Give those communities a chance to make money off the games.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Venues for our WCQs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 12:07:04 PM »
Of all the venues stated there i've only been to one of them Larry Gomes stadium,but this is a very good idea,it could be a way of accessing loyalties,i don't want any one to think i'm anti Tobago but it already tough for people to pay to attend games if they have to pay to travel to Tobago and them pay to attend we may have more problems.

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 12:12:44 PM »
I think at least 1 of the games should be in Tobago, I have been calling for this for some time now.

All the Trinidad games should be in the stadium for capacity reason all the other stadiums holds less than 10000 the stadium holds about 25000 which is what we should be striving for in terms of support.

if it looks like no body is coming to the games then we could hold it in other locations cause at least it will look full as the capacity is smaller.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 12:41:30 PM »
I cah remember the last time a game went over 10,000.
And I still doh think that is a good reason to always go Crawford....a game selling out at 10,000 is a good thing.
A packed house....last time that happen must be.....the unmentionable year.

What is the point of getting those stadia and not using them?
I was under the impression one of the beneifts was to move to the rest of the country since North was getting all the games.

I am almost shocked that they don't want to put games there....to show these stadia are needed.

The last game against Mexico is still undecided venue wise....I sure they will only consider other places if that game means less.

I think at least 1 of the games should be in Tobago, I have been calling for this for some time now.

All the Trinidad games should be in the stadium for capacity reason all the other stadiums holds less than 10000 the stadium holds about 25000 which is what we should be striving for in terms of support.

if it looks like no body is coming to the games then we could hold it in other locations cause at least it will look full as the capacity is smaller.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Our stadia have been under utilised
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 01:57:12 PM »
Since de end of de U-17 World Cup (Sept 30th, 2001), 27 senior international games have been played in T&T. Of those games, only 7 have been held at de new stadia.

Manny Ramjohn Stadium:
DateOpponentCompetition
2005-01-23AzerbaijanFriendly
2005-01-09St. Vincent and the GrenadinesDigicel Cup
2004-10-10St. Kitts and NevisWorld Cup Qualifier
2004-06-20Dominican RepublicWorld Cup Qualifier
2003-03-30CubaCONCACAF Gold Cup Qualifier

Larry Gomes Stadium:
DateOpponentCompetition
2004-11-28SurinameDigicel Cup

Dwight Yorke Stadium:
DateOpponentCompetition
2004-06-06Northern IrelandFriendly
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 01:06:07 AM »

Allyuh think Manny Ramjohn could pull as much as de Oval(with no free pass for members) or Hasley Crawford for a WCQ?

That game against Guatemala go be big for us...they done schedule it for Crawford but I wondering if these other places doh pull crowds or something   ???

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 01:24:53 PM »

i doh understand that bit of reasoning .....because it's Trinidad all games must be played at the stadium. and tobago the Dwight Yorke stadium. First.....in tobago .,.....that is the only place you can hold an internation match

Second ....what wrong with games being played at other venues in TRinidad. You then have to ask the question why the USA game was played in the oval and only 12000 tickect being printed .... the oval has a capacity for more than that of the Stadium. So according to your ideas that's where all games in Trinidad should be played....because it's all about revenue. Right.

the national will welcome any venue where they can have full support ...and it's quite easier to fill a stadium holdong 10000 and produce the kinda energy required to spur the fellas on than have the same 10000 at the stadium scattered all over the place.

Games can be played at any of the new stadiums built ....... the stadium is not the be all and end all in TRinidad
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>