April 28, 2024, 12:27:08 PM

Author Topic: The 4 Defenders That Will take the Warriors to Victory in the WC!  (Read 6617 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The 4 Defenders That Will take the Warriors to Victory in the WC!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 08:36:38 AM »
Unless some unknown super star defender is Trini then the defence stays the same.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »
If Sancho ent check sharp he looking like one of the first men to get cut from the side.

Now Brent is meh pardner, but if he not playing at club level, then you cannot replace a man who sweating week in and out.

Tallest and Dog will be in the squad and they bring a air element that we will certainly face vs, Sweden and England.

Now I feel i does watch ball different to some of you all but lewwe talk bout Sancho lil bit.

He is faster than Dog but I ent feel he faster than lawrence, he does look like he puttin in plenty effort but he not really that much of a speedster.
Tallest have a long stride and can hit a fwd the "toe" to take away the ball.

Sancho is not much of a force in the air and while he has had some good games for TT he has had quite a few bad ones as well. Against Haiti and in a few of the friendlies he played in he was exposed defensively.

I will say though to his credit he is a Lionhearted player and gives his all but I find he is rash in the tackle and swipes "fresh breeze" more often than not, instead of connecting with ball or player.

Also the lunge and skate tackle approach is one of desperation as a defender. It should not be the first instinct, reading the game, stalling the play and interception should be first on this list as defender qualities.
I think most coach coaches and observers of the game recognise this and maybe this could be a reason for Sanchos omission.

Sancho also does not have a formidable frame as compared to Dog or Tallest. yes Tallest thin, but he has a better reach and stretch.

Really Sancho ent bringing nuttin to the field Dog or Tallest cannot bring, and Tallest and Dog are our set piece converters on corners.

If men get clearance to play is Sancho and Cox who will get shaft.

Avery,Cyd,Tallest and Dog is 4 men who place booked in the back barring injury.

Yea man Touches, yuh hit d nail on d head there men does forget how Tallest was still a little on d fringe in the home tie vs Costa Rica dat we draw 0 - 0 d man shut down Wanchope, he couldnt make a note whole game. I think that game more than ever solidify him in my eyes. Marvin Andrews is the heart and soul of the team and most importanly Beenie knows that without the heart and soul yuh dead.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »
With all due respect to Lawerence, i do not think he would be a tower of strength in our defence in the WC. That is what i think but that is also why i am not the coach. I do think Dog and Sancho are better central defenders but i think we need to find the right players that might be able to match players that we have to face in our group.

With that said, i think Lawrence is needed to help with some stability in the air (win air balls) and then we would need a central defender who can win 1 v 1 tackles. Therefore, if i was a coach, i would not start Dog and Lawrence at once because both of them are pretty good in the air. I would quicker play Dog and Sancho or something along those lines.

I like the idea with Spann right back but i think Carlos would do a better job there. So maybe Spann could play right flank.

Once again, that is why i am not the coach. I am just stating my opinion.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 10:04:13 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

TrinInfinite

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 10:22:23 AM »
If Sancho ent check sharp he looking like one of the first men to get cut from the side.

Now Brent is meh pardner, but if he not playing at club level, then you cannot replace a man who sweating week in and out.

Tallest and Dog will be in the squad and they bring a air element that we will certainly face vs, Sweden and England.

Now I feel i does watch ball different to some of you all but lewwe talk bout Sancho lil bit.

He is faster than Dog but I ent feel he faster than lawrence, he does look like he puttin in plenty effort but he not really that much of a speedster.

Sancho is not much of a force in the air and while he has had some good games for TT he has had quite a few bad ones as well. Against Haiti and in a few of the friendlies he played in he was exposed defensively.

I will say though to his credit he is a Lionhearted player and gives his all but I find he is rash in the tackle and swipes "fresh breeze" more often than not, instead of connecting with ball or player.

Also the lunge and skate tackle approach is one of desperation as a defender. It should not be the first instinct, reading the game, stalling the play and interception should be first on this list as defender qualities.
I think most coach coaches and observers of the game recognise this and maybe this could be a reason for Sanchos omission.

Sancho also does not have a formidable frame as compared to Dog or Tallest. yes Tallest thin, but he has a better reach and stretch.

Really Sancho ent bringing nuttin to the field Dog or Tallest cannot bring, and Tallest and Dog are our set piece converters on corners.

wit al due respect touches, ur referring to lawrence stride and his height, very good, but he cant defend well in the air, ive seen him defend terriblyin the air, he cannot run wit de ball against world cup opponents, he cannot possess the ball without having to kick it out and give possession to the other team, he panicks under pressure, sancho runs well wit de ball, does not kick it away and handles pressuh better, he can also pass better, these are tings lawrence dont bring, either dog, sancho should b dere ahead of tallest, droppin sancho would b abig mistake by beenhakker bc he better than both dog and lawrence

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 10:25:08 AM »
Hoyte             Andrews              Lawernce               Samuel

Thats if Hoyte even wants to play for TNT

TrinInfinite

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 10:29:16 AM »
Hoyte             Andrews              Lawernce               Samuel

dis is my final answer:

spann                    hoyte                   sancho                   samuel

yuh can beat dis back line, it will be less nerves than tallest and dog in de world cup, if yuh want tt 2 advance 2 de 2nd rounds, allyuh will stop callin heart attack man against big teams, why yuh think beenie still lookin for players for defense, bc he know dog and dem dont cut it

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 10:47:38 AM »
Hoyte             Andrews              Lawernce               Samuel

dis is my final answer:

spann                    hoyte                   sancho                   samuel

yuh can beat dis back line, it will be less nerves than tallest and dog in de world cup, if yuh want tt 2 advance 2 de 2nd rounds, allyuh will stop callin heart attack man against big teams, why yuh think beenie still lookin for players for defense, bc he know dog and dem dont cut it

steups...why Beenie eh call hardest den?  If he still looking fuh players..and yuh is ah mind reader....I want tuh make ah bet with yuh..Dog and Tallest starting..yuh mad no arse!

Barring injuries..dem is starters or de team need tuh boycott de world cup

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 10:52:14 AM »
since yuh frikkin ears BUSS and yuh eye dem full ah yampee.......ONE MORE TIME.... (using sign language) U CanNot Put EEn Men Who Are EEneligible To Play..... regardless if Beenie fighting for dem. If it ever work out den YOU CAN PUT DEM EEN......

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 11:35:42 AM »
Palos you need ah new catergory for ya end of year awards
"Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear" AWARD for de amount of INTERESTING topics that TI does come up with :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
he HAVE to be the most prolific DIFFERENT topic creator on dis board

well tuh be fair, he eh ah bad fella eh, and he love he T&T and de Soca Warriors..so I could live with he nonsense and he seems like ah decent enough fella

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 02:07:46 PM »
yuh cud even slot edwards in rb
an play

Edwards----Hoyte-----Andrews-----J'lloyd

da wud be very gud buh with the lack of a REAL holding mid i eno na

den maybe me mum or shakes cud play a rw

Birchall/shakes--------Yorke--------Birchall/whitley----------Whitley/Latas

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 02:24:53 PM »
since yuh frikkin ears BUSS and yuh eye dem full ah yampee.......ONE MORE TIME.... (using sign language) U CanNot Put EEn Men Who Are EEneligible To Play..... regardless if Beenie fighting for dem. If it ever work out den YOU CAN PUT DEM EEN......

ah just don't understand how the man cyar see that yet. You jsut can't count men who not on the team whatsoever. Is not like these men outta form and now coming back ...or they coming of injury........ them fellas is nobodies right now as it relates to the national team. If FIFA clear them then........ but until that time .....forget them.

Anyway .............. Dog and Tallest starting .....no matter what.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

TrinInfinite

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 02:30:13 PM »

ah just don't understand how the man cyar see that yet. You jsut can't count men who not on the team whatsoever. Is not like these men outta form and now coming back ...or they coming of injury........ them fellas is nobodies right now as it relates to the national team. If FIFA clear them then........ but until that time .....forget them.

Anyway .............. Dog and Tallest starting .....no matter what.

ah knowdog and tallest startin on de 28th, but i lookin at probable line-ups dat will be better defensively for us, sancho is de man dat should b dere , without a doubt
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 02:32:16 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 06:26:10 PM »
I really can't guess, Beenie prove he too unpredictable. All yuh think Dog and Tallest sure if they starting??

I know one one thing for sure, if our midfied don't get stuck in and play like true warriors, it would not matter much what 4 defenders we playing with.

Ah know plenty men dont want to hear that  but if yuh know yuh football, yuh go know where ah coming from.  A lot of times defenders (and strikers) can only play as good as yuh midfielders allow then to..

Blow yuh whistle!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 06:49:35 PM »
Lawdddd
somebody ask meh why ah doh post so much no more.....this topic is ah eg. why..
dis is not ah discussion of merits, this is ah preparation of biggin up of self...
if wha ever BeenE do an it work out...Ayyyeee..we thru boy,,,we bad for days...BeenE is ah genius...we good to go...T&T boy..cyar TOUCH WE
If it doh work out, is 'ah tell dem so...BeenE good, buh he doh know football like me...'
Dis one is ah mess hound,,,if we did play dah one, we woulda win FOR SURE...ah try to tell men so, buh they say ah mad....blah..blah..blah..
setta ah chupid talk..it go always have somebody who get left out an coulda be in...it go always have ah if only..unless we win the cup, at some point somebody coulda ah tell everybody how dem know if we did play ah certain line up, ah certain system, ah certain asst. coach, ah certain adminstrator, ah certain TD or not enuff Development..if the fete did fall on ah Thursday...to much fete...who know, who dunno..if...all kinda etc.etc...
many times ah cyah even bodda to read it all..to much time ah feel ah waste it....an pardnah, ah feel if ah doh read it all, ah shouldn't comment on it..dah's all

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 09:31:26 PM »

Excellent post
TnT Patriot

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2006, 11:27:05 PM »
From the time I see a man bawl Dog cah defend in de air I know is real shit talk.

dtruth does offend

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 01:31:50 AM »
d way how i hear alyuh talk my youte i saying alyuh picking d team keep alyuh lil backside shut and let coachman tek care of that eh
 :arguing:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:02 AM »
Avery?
You sure about dat?
Ricky Shakes gunnin for dat spot
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

dtruth does offend

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »

Me eh care what Beenie say or anyone else fuh dat matter..If dey leave out Dog and Tallest dat go be real f**keries!

who is dis circus clown my youte?  is ah good thing you is not d coach    leave that up to beenie man boy    you just keep yuh lickle ras shut and support
 :arguing:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
look nah, dog and talest will b dere if we dont find better defenders, but if we get better defenders, dem man have tuh sit down and cool deyself, bc dey cant defend against sweden and england

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »
::sigh:: maybe if we ignore these kind of posts then the thread will go away.

heres an idea: nobody respond after me in this thread and we can watch it sink like the titanic!
Hart for president

TrinInfinite

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »
haul yuh ass supporter, u does watch football and watch we opponents or wha, bc u certainly dont know de limitations of our defenders

1]; } ?>