April 27, 2024, 01:28:43 AM

Author Topic: Tiger and Rojas will be Keys for the Mexico Game  (Read 3689 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Tiger and Rojas will be Keys for the Mexico Game
« on: May 06, 2005, 06:55:46 AM »
The fact that they living at high altitude would mean that they are the only men on our squad who will not be adversely affected when we go Mexico.

If we use them wisely and they advise the other players along with the experience Beenhakker have from Mexico we may be able to get a bonus point out of that game.

We have to try to get points on the road and win all home games at this point to get back on track.

Anything less than 3 points against panama and it is all over especially with Mexico and USA away as the next 2 games.

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger and Rojas will be Keys for the Mexico Game
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:04:40 AM »
Continue to think constructively...Thank you :) Not only for Tiger and Rojas but for the team and country...I will support you always.
Blessings :)

Good rationale... we'll see :P

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:17:22 AM »
Good point....  8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:59:22 AM »
rojas need to work on his defending
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 10:09:16 AM »

Rojas...not too sure.

Tiger have a good shot.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 10:18:07 AM »
rojas is a good defender, he is underatted,from his performance against de us, he has potential, he can be dere, rojas has hustle and is agressive, thats what we need in de defense, he was by far de bess defender in de us game.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 10:28:12 AM »
rojas is a good defender, he is underatted,from his performance against de us, he has potential, he can be dere, rojas has hustle and is agressive, thats what we need in de defense, he was by far de bess defender in de us game.

I eh know bout dat.
If you watch his last games for RSL he wasn't that aggressive and his backing off of players running at him ...that lead to a goal.
Avery in the running since he switch to left back for de Revolution.  Both of them might be on de bench for their clubs just now and Leo might find somebody at home.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:53:55 AM by dcs »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 10:47:05 AM »
Fellas d good thing about it is that we will not be playing Mexico at their high altitude Azteca Stadium, the match will be played at Estadio Universitario, in Monterrey Mexico. Don't know exactly how high above sea level that is but from what i heard it is not high at all, so altitude shouldn't be a problem..................Don't know why the mexicans did that is either the Azteca under repair or they see no reason to use the altitude as their advantage against us.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 10:48:45 AM »
Fellas d good thing about it is that we will not be playing Mexico at their high altitude Azteca Stadium, the match will be played at Estadio Universitario, in Monterrey Mexico. Don't know exactly how high above sea level that is but from what i heard it is not high at all, so altitude shouldn't be a problem..................Don't know why the mexicans did that is either the Azteca under repair or they see no reason to use the altitude as their advantage against us.

probably the latter
Hart for president

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 10:54:36 AM »

Mexico in ripping form lately.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »

About 1700 ft above sea level actually.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 11:10:48 AM »
Monterrey is at altitude not as high as Azteca but it certainly aint sea level,was there in back in 2000.
tell them it was me

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 11:27:18 AM »
I encourage Rojas to continue working on his fitness... if he's injured, I wish him an easy recovery, some of these players may have injuries that most may not be aware of. Rojas has potential, like everyone else some days are good and others may not be as good, thought he had a great game against the US... I hope he continues to work his things out...

Blessings

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 11:48:11 AM »
tanx for d correction fellaz
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 12:45:25 PM »
We are the only team not playing in Azteca.  Is either a slap in the face because they feel they don't need any extra advantage (even if Monterrey is at altitude, Azteca much more intimidating) or that they feel T&T cannot sell out the stadium so they want a smaller venue.  We are the only non-latin nation left besides USA who is a sure sell-out.  Either way it is a psychological benefit for us not being in Azteca.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 01:12:25 PM »
Doesn't matter where they play the game ....after taking 3 from panama(hopefully) we have to get at least 1 from mexico and USA.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »
Just wishing the team all the best...wherever...

Bless

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 12:07:50 PM »
Coach Leo said it best: "We will need to play to our strengths and know what we can and can't do."

Far too often we focus on the opposition, playing conditions, and a whole heap a nonsense and we loose sight of what we want to do and start the game on the back foot.  Not being a great fan of BSC on the field, he was a perfect example of one focusing on what we can't do (and oh gosh he could cry) but not necessarily game planning on what we can or want to do in light of the drawbacks.  I doh care where they schedule this game, when it is all written we have 90 minutes of football to play.  So what if they schedule it out of Azteca, count yuh blessings and move on (Slap in yuh face.......Steups).  Well then similarly yuh cannot be happy that the last game of the campaign is against Mexico at home, a game which should have no meaning to Mexico since they would have already qualified and a lot of meaning to us.  Leh we count we blessings and move on.

Now, if tiger and Rojas are strengths then use them, but I doh necessarily agree with KND logic (to be honest after reading a number of posts from KND, I am hard pressed to mention "logic" and "KND" in the same line).  The players should be selected to suit a system and not the other way around or for that matter soley on a perceived familiarity with playing conditions.  That sort of game planning is what has us in the position we are in right now.  Come on, this is the 21st Century of sports there is a lot more to game planning than what was said. 

On that note I am very much interested in Leo's final squad.  Let's see which so called foreign star boy receives the "Leo slap in the face" and gets benched or even left off the squad.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 12:09:55 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
3000 Ft above sea level
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »
still deadly to play in if u not used to it, thats over a half mile high.
But still not bad compared to the 7400 feet of the capital.
The smog is also another critical factor that we wont have to deal with so much.
And the small fact that we playing in a 45,000 seat stadium and not a 115,000 seat one.

Anyhow u look at it, is still most likely a cutass for we, but we hadda go in and battle!

If i not mistake, when we play them las time last year we also didnt play in Azteca as well, a much smaller ground.
Same licks we get.
If we could go in there and get a point, I bet we will go on and qualify for germany

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/mexico/northern_mexico/monterrey_universitario.shtml

1]; } ?>