June 16, 2024, 12:33:19 AM

Author Topic: The Real Arsenal  (Read 15591 times)

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
Re: LIVE SCORE - Arsenal vs Madrid.....doh come here if ya tapin it
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2006, 07:05:04 PM »
1. Real slack, but Arsenal played well, so ah happy for them
2. Henry is  a boss, regardless if he in the EPL. The man have class any way yuh look at it.
3. All EPL men, is halftime, so doh get alyuh panties in bunches gentlemen :devil:.
4. Madrid to win in de secong leg. Yuh hear it here first.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 07:07:16 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not the Real madrid
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2006, 07:55:53 PM »
Real gave a really flat performance today as most of us saw. This only emphasises the question  of physical exertion on the performances of professional athletes. Real lost not because of arsenals´s brillance, for it was a game riddled with mistakes, but because some high energy performances preceeded this game and really the tank seemed empty for most of their players today.
the 5 brazilians who scored all the goals against Zaragoza recently were present but you couldn´t find them.
Thiery henri looked to be in another gear against a Real team which begged for an energizer.
I hope we  see a better performance from both teams next time around Mourinho has already made the point, and since no one listened, decided that each position needs two players on his squad with some multipurtpose players as back up.
If the trend of so much football continues it could devalue the greatest show on earth every 4 years. What do you guys think ?

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Not the Real madrid
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2006, 08:53:37 PM »
This is the reason why they lose. Henry is too damm good

« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:34:22 AM by skins »

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »
I was sad to look at.... I wouldn't call it brilliance by Henry... it was some terrible mistakes by Real defense..and exceptional positional play by Arsenal... they suceeded in upsetting Real's free flowing style...
To me Ronaldo, didn't look like he give 100%... Zidane didn't cut down the middle but kept passing to an overlapping Roberto Carlos.... Guti was trying to play provider in mid... I feel he shouda push more... whenever the ball got round the area, he was sitting back too much....
Raul sad to say look rusty, which is expected (at least he hustle a little more than the rest of players though).... Beckham didn't play well but had probably some of the most promising runs... If it wasn't for the sturdy Cassillas scoreline could have been 3-0, all from horrible defensive mistakes...

Basically... Arsenal choke Real and deserved to win....As a die hard Real fan... that hurts saying
Everything not done though... Real usually play good on English soil..
However if Lopez Caro don't change his tactics... it would be another very boring game ending in Arsenal victory...
He was comprehesively out coached....

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2006, 09:34:52 PM »
Real gave a really flat performance today as most of us saw. This only emphasises the question  of physical exertion on the performances of professional athletes. Real lost not because of arsenals´s brillance, for it was a game riddled with mistakes, but because some high energy performances preceeded this game and really the tank seemed empty for most of their players today.
the 5 brazilians who scored all the goals against Zaragoza recently were present but you couldn´t find them.
Thiery henri looked to be in another gear against a Real team which begged for an energizer.
I hope we  see a better performance from both teams next time around Mourinho has already made the point, and since no one listened, decided that each position needs two players on his squad with some multipurtpose players as back up.
If the trend of so much football continues it could devalue the greatest show on earth every 4 years. What do you guys think ?

Boss, that reasoning (that Real were more tired) is utter nonsense. The Spanish league actually gets a winter break, unlike the EPL. So by your ridiculous analogy, Arsenal should be the more tired team because they have been playin non-stop, not Real Madrid! Stop makin excuses for them. Arsenal out hustled them and most the time, forced them into making bad passes. Everytime i come on this board and say that the EPL is a faster, more physical league than the spanish league, men does jump all over meh. What happen today was absolutely clear though, Arsenal were playing a faster, sharper, more organized brand than Real. If Real were playing in the Epl right now THEY WOULD NOT BE THIRD IN THE LEAGUE...........
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:44:49 AM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2006, 09:43:35 PM »
on another note

SKINS HOW D HELL I GETTIN THAT IN A POST??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2006, 10:00:57 PM »
I was supporting Madrid but I am keeping it real - Arsenal were the better team by far today. Their chemistry was fluid and smooth, just like the Arsenal that was 40 games unbeaten in 2004. They should have had at least two more goals if it weren't for the heroics of Iker Casillas, who was by far the best Real player today. Cicinho, Beckham, Guti and Robinho also played well. Ronaldo, to my disappointment, gave more reason for the Real fans to criticize him as they previously did.

Reyes, Henry and Eboute were giving the defense trouble all the time. Although Henry scored the goal, Reyes was the best player today.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2006, 11:21:32 PM »
The better side lose today...Arsenal play with ten men in the back...Unattractive football..They just wait on mistakes....Real Madrid still have my support...I know they could do better in the next game

Very poor analysis. Arsenal played an open game and tried to attack. They got a goal were pinned back by Real who were trying to equalise. When they got opportunities they tried to counter-attack up until about 5 minutes from the final whistle. 

Arsenal played good position football and mess up Real flow...they choke Real... it wasn't ten men in the back... it was just good organisation and top class defending....
Overall better tactical play... Wenger outcoached Lopez Caro...
I have faith that Real would pull it off in the next leg though...

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2006, 11:47:42 PM »
The better side lose today...Arsenal play with ten men in the back...Unattractive football..They just wait on mistakes....Real Madrid still have my support...I know they could do better in the next game
Ok if de socawarriors play dat way in every game in germany, AND win every one and go on to take home de trophy.....................I go be HAPPY...no matter how unattractive the style is......................WINNING is EVERYTHING

Greece basically do that in Euro 2004....They win it out... So it posibble... ah win is ah win

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2006, 12:33:43 AM »
on another note

SKINS HOW D HELL I GETTIN THAT IN A POST??

I didn't even know it was so small. You have to find a site that upload images then post it in the board. I  http://www.thefreeimagehosting.com for lagre pics size and www.photobucket.com for small pics size...

Offline nutmegthruyuhleg

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • World Cup 2010
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 12:56:09 AM »
I was sad to look at.... I wouldn't call it brilliance by Henry... it was some terrible mistakes by Real defense..

Come nah man, that was a boss run. Excellent foresight, composure and handling by Henry. If Ronaldo did do that ah sure you would be singing he praises.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2006, 01:13:08 AM »
 Arsenal play ugly football today... :puking: They just dump out the ball and wait for mistakes...Fortunately for them they capitalised on one...Ronaldo made a bad pass that is what started that Arsenal attack which lead to the goal...Ronaldo is a big game player so I know he will turn things around in the second leg...All who saying Arsenal play good talking crap...If the two teams play like that it would have made that game a catastrophe...Ugly, Ugly football :puking:

Offline Jimmy the Dog

• El Perro
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2006, 07:20:46 AM »

Very poor analysis. Arsenal played an open game and tried to attack. They got a goal were pinned back by Real who were trying to equalise. When they got opportunities they tried to counter-attack up until about 5 minutes from the final whistle. 

Arsenal played good position football and mess up Real flow...they choke Real... it wasn't ten men in the back... it was just good organisation and top class defending....
Overall better tactical play... Wenger outcoached Lopez Caro...
I have faith that Real would pull it off in the next leg though...

You are spot on Wenger top coach
The wonder of you....Supa Vale

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2006, 07:42:25 AM »
well done arsenal dey

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2006, 07:45:59 AM »
Arsenal play ugly football today... :puking: They just dump out the ball and wait for mistakes...Fortunately for them they capitalised on one...Ronaldo made a bad pass that is what started that Arsenal attack which lead to the goal...Ronaldo is a big game player so I know he will turn things around in the second leg...All who saying Arsenal play good talking crap...If the two teams play like that it would have made that game a catastrophe...Ugly, Ugly football :puking:

Boy you is a hater. the game was good until Arsenal score. Up till then Arsenal play the better football, slick passing that carve open Real twice before them even had a shot. the chances Real had was mainly due to Arsenal back line errors. Now I agree after Arsenal score many players panic. In particular Hleb, Lunberg and Senderos.
On another note I really admire the youth Fabragas, his vision and composure impressive. Spain should take note, just from that performance he show me he ready

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2006, 08:25:30 AM »

What game were you looking at Bro. Mejia was getting opened up time and time again by the swift free flowing Gunners attacks. Ugly football  ???  ??? and they still could have beaten Real by three goals. If it's one thing Arsenal is not associated with is ugly football. The 1st ten mins Real didn't even know what was hitting them and Arsenal should have been up by then. To me it was an entertaining game where the better team on the day won.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Real Arsenal
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2006, 08:48:34 AM »
Ponnox yuh letting support get in the way of reality. Neutrals et al saw it as a good game where Real were outplayed.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

HO HUM...EXCUSES, EXCUSES :-[ :-[ :devil: :devil:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2006, 11:09:27 AM »
1. Real slack, but Arsenal played well, so ah happy for them
2. Henry is  a boss, regardless if he in the EPL. The man have class any way yuh look at it.
3. All EPL men, is halftime, so doh get alyuh panties in bunches gentlemen :devil:.
4. Madrid to win in de secong leg. Yuh hear it here first.

DOH DISAPPER WHEN THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »
Allyuh serious ??? Arsenal play ugly football today...They just wait on Real to make mistakes and try to capitalize...So what if Henry score... Gunners better watch themselves next round

Ponnoxx you mad boy.  Arsenal real run today.  The ball was flowing in the first half and they created a number of chances and half-chances.

In the second half, after th egoal, yes Arsenal was defending and playing more on the counter.  But what do you expect against a team with the quality and talent of Real Madrid, at home in the Bernabeau, and having to push being a goal down?

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »
Real isn't the Real of 5 years ago because they missin a very central, solid defender by the name of Hierro... he controlled the play in defence... Roberto Carlos isn't by any standards reliable in the back but his tremendous fisical ability has kept him as a useful tool on the left...Salgado much like Carlos (not lately)... Helguera has been inconsistent... and Woodgate has put some good performances lately... but injuries seem to be plaguing him... all in all there is no Hierro and the defense is sad....

I have been a Real fan through thick an thin... from since I was 6... when men like Butragueno, Hugo Sanchez and Michel played...
and I would be honest that Arsenal played a better and more organised game... it wasn't the prettiest ... but they deserve it...

I just hope Lopez Caro do some homework an change his strategy for the next game... he was outcoached....

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2006, 11:47:24 AM »
 Me eh studying allyuh...Real just get stiffle...Arsenal do a good job at defending and thats that...Real had 70% ball possesion to 30 % ...Madrid could do it in London and I want them to pound Arsenal into the ground for that ugly win

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »
ponnox i eh go lie i supporting real as yuh kno but arsenal did the job they had to do..i didnt find they played "unattractive" football...they played the counterattack very well
Buh still figure they cant keep out real in england!
Back in Trini...

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2006, 12:09:19 PM »
I feel Real will bounce back in London too.
Hopefully they play to their full potential.

Players Real make de mistake in letting go:

Makalele
Seedorf
Morientes
Michael Owen
Hierro
Walter Samuel
Cambiasso

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2006, 12:17:11 PM »

Makalele
Seedorf
Morientes
Michael Owen
Hierro
Walter Samuel
Cambiasso

ON that list:
Morientes
Owen
Hierro - couldn't help that really he retire

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2006, 12:58:49 PM »

Makalele
Seedorf
Morientes
Michael Owen
Hierro
Walter Samuel
Cambiasso

ON that list:
Morientes
Owen

breds he retired internationally, he still playing club football with Bolton Wanderers. De new coach in Madrid at the time let him go.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »

Boss, that reasoning (that Real were more tired) is utter nonsense. The Spanish league actually gets a winter break, unlike the EPL. So by your ridiculous analogy, Arsenal should be the more tired team because they have been playin non-stop, not Real Madrid! Stop makin excuses for them. Arsenal out hustled them and most the time, forced them into making bad passes. Everytime i come on this board and say that the EPL is a faster, more physical league than the spanish league, men does jump all over meh. What happen today was absolutely clear though, Arsenal were playing a faster, sharper, more organized brand than Real. If Real were playing in the Epl right now THEY WOULD NOT BE THIRD IN THE LEAGUE...........

Yeah yuh right. They woulda be first or second. :devil: Wha yuh trying to say? A faster, more physical brand is better football than a slower, more deliberate brand?
Ketch footballitis

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »

Makalele
Seedorf
Morientes
Michael Owen
Hierro
Walter Samuel
Cambiasso

ON that list:
Morientes
Owen

breds he retired internationally, he still playing club football with Bolton Wanderers. De new coach in Madrid at the time let him go.

he retire .... he not on Bolton squad no more...

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »

Makalele
Seedorf
Morientes
Michael Owen
Hierro
Walter Samuel
Cambiasso

ON that list:
Morientes
Owen

he retire .... he not on Bolton squad no more...

at the time he left Madrid he didn't retire from club football

1]; } ?>