April 28, 2024, 05:16:57 PM

Author Topic: Which of our National players could be in the EPL?  (Read 8644 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Re: Which of our National players could be in the EPL?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 04:00:13 PM »
Kenwyne, thats it....Young, physical and plenty upside...Edwards, with plenty plenty work...And why some men even naming Latas and dem. Latas cudda play in the EPL back in he prime, but come on now trinis. lets not sound so clueless....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 04:26:37 PM »
i think we 1stly have to be aware of the fact that our style of football is different from the epl i think most footballers would agree its the hardest league to get adjusted to. there are  few south americans that come to the epl and leave a mark most leave as under achievers go to another leaague and perform.i believe spann can make it but as a wing back. his control, passing ability  and ok enough physique qualifies him.
the 1st time i saw whitley was when he was playin against harbour view from jamaica. d man was beating wind. he shows that he can attack and defend and do both competently he is a fighter and under beenie he seems to b coming to his own.his age is against him but i think the only person who could keep him back is himself.
jones has  physique and age on his side i think all that remains is hard wuk and time b4 he reaps d reward.
stern has been described as not being technical,but he is a goal score and they can survive anywhere they go.
edward once he learns to cross is a definte i think his mental toughness needs to improve though. i strongly believe our performance at d world cup hinges on his performance. check d qualifiers when he has a good game we dont lose
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 04:28:53 PM »
HISLOP...WARNER...are the only two...fullstop...if anybody else couldah make they wouldah be dey

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 04:52:16 PM »
Steups...
I am Whitley biggest fan, but I eh feel he quite ready for EPL.
Be serious.
Allyuh men on dis board eh playin allyuh could go overboard. A few months ago he wasn't even makin most a allyuh squad.
Cyd Grey?
EPL?
Double steups
Allyuh really feel these top divisions is real shit leagues. Just cuz a man have a good game against BAHRAIN! it eh mean d man could play in d EPL
Birchall eh in d EPL for a reason. Maybe in time, but for right now, uh uh.
Carlos has the most potential out of all our current crop of players.
A nex ting daz piss me off is when men compare our players to established stars.
Whitley the next Viera?
Yuh on kicks or yuh really dat clueless?

marcos, enlighten them boy. dais is how we stop. we full of shit. people doesnt tink realistically. everything is jess to open up dey arse and talk. EPL is top 3 leagues in the world. yuh need something special to play in dem league. i will say it again...SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!.

I agree. maybe we could get someone a stint but we dont have anyone of the quality to command a place on any EPL team...just a frige player maybe and our boys age might work against them. If i had to predict a possible player who may make it it would be Jones. Good age, willing to learn, can improve. at the moment however ...none !

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
Right now..none of our players.  People acting like whitley is 20 and he has a lot of time on his hands...do u really expect him to go from pro league and make it in the EPL right away?  I am not saying he is not a good player but a few good WCQ games does not equate to success in a major league.  Same applies to Carlos Edwards regarding age.  Also don't get carried away because he leave out some guatemalans..for a winger he still cant cross the ball.

If all these names being thrown about were good enough they would not be playing where they are playing right now...all these big teams have scouts, do u guys really think that our players just slipped through the cracks just like that?

Stern have an outside shot because he has played in England for a while but he is not consistent.

As for other players who could possibly play in the EPL....I would say K. Jones and probably Silvio Spann.  Age is against a lot of our players..allyuh forgot Yorke got through with Villa and Colvin Hutchinson was considered too old (he was 19 or 20 at the time).

However, I wish all the players all the best and I hope they can all get good contracts after the World Cup because they deserve it for their commitment to the country.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 05:01:57 PM »
Right now..none of our players.  People acting like whitley is 20 and he has a lot of time on his hands...do u really expect him to go from pro league and make it in the EPL right away?  I am not saying he is not a good player but a few good WCQ games does not equate to success in a major league.  Same applies to Carlos Edwards regarding age.  Also don't get carried away because he leave out some guatemalans..for a winger he still cant cross the ball.

If all these names being thrown about were good enough they would not be playing where they are playing right now...all these big teams have scouts, do u guys really think that our players just slipped through the cracks just like that?

Stern have an outside shot because he has played in England for a while but he is not consistent.

As for other players who could possibly play in the EPL....I would say K. Jones and probably Silvio Spann.  Age is against a lot of our players..allyuh forgot Yorke got through with Villa and Colvin Hutchinson was considered too old (he was 19 or 20 at the time).

However, I wish all the players all the best and I hope they can all get good contracts after the World Cup because they deserve it for their commitment to the country.

Good point. maybe we should be thinking of the future and concentrate on the next generation as this one is past its sell by date !

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 05:29:25 PM »
ah saying given the  present talent, who at best could be in that calibre?

The PAST is HISTORY

The PRESENT is ah GIFT

The FUTURE is ah MYSTERY

Leh we enjoy the GIFT  which our presnt day WARRIORS gave to us!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 06:16:14 PM »
Right now..none of our players.  People acting like whitley is 20 and he has a lot of time on his hands...do u really expect him to go from pro league and make it in the EPL right away? ....... Also don't get carried away because he leave out some guatemalans..for a winger he still cant cross the ball.

If all these names being thrown about were good enough they would not be playing where they are playing right now...

Then yuh say this

Man the first ting yuh cry "none"...then yuh bawl possibly...
They question was not why they not playing EPL, or if they will ever get to EPL...the question to me was if they capable of playing EPL... Whether they will get there or not is another question...
Some ppl say ow after the WC man go get contract etc..etc...so ppl thinking they many not good enuff now, buh after WC in a few months they will be that much better ? to get contract from whom ? MLS etc..

many have all the clues and still nuh cyar realize some tings....yeah, dah clueless ting is a putdown word to me..it offend meh...buh no horrors, ah feel if 1 or 2 of our boys get ah ting with they old ages of 28/29, or whatever they could still learn ah ting .. whether anybody willin to take that chance to only have them for a short term, and then they too old to trade an make some decent money on...etc..etc..is ah nudder story..
but if any ah dem good enuff to play in the WC , they better be able to standup anywhey from savannah to whey ?  ole Trafford...cause is Germany they going, and the very best of the EPL (best ever) they have to face, and they supporters think they cyar stand on a field with the worse of the EPL....not I

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »
i think we 1stly have to be aware of the fact that our style of football is different from the epl i think most footballers would agree its the hardest league to get adjusted to. there are  few south americans that come to the epl and leave a mark most leave as under achievers go to another leaague and perform.i believe spann can make it but as a wing back. his control, passing ability  and ok enough physique qualifies him.
the 1st time i saw whitley was when he was playin against harbour view from jamaica. d man was beating wind. he shows that he can attack and defend and do both competently he is a fighter and under beenie he seems to b coming to his own.his age is against him but i think the only person who could keep him back is himself.
jones has  physique and age on his side i think all that remains is hard wuk and time b4 he reaps d reward.
stern has been described as not being technical,but he is a goal score and they can survive anywhere they go.
edward once he learns to cross is a definte i think his mental toughness needs to improve though. i strongly believe our performance at d world cup hinges on his performance. check d qualifiers when he has a good game we dont lose

he played well against guat and we hold 5
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 06:56:54 PM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 08:23:12 PM »
If we were to put a 'good cut arse'' on England, any predictions on which players  may get a look see in the EPL after the World Cup?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »
If we were to put a 'good cut arse'' on England, any predictions on which players  may get a look see in the EPL after the World Cup?

Zamora, J LLoyd, Hoyte

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »
spann has one of the best touches on our team and versatility cud be his asset......... tottenham, westham bolton west brom

whitely stubborn in d middle good touch a fighter.................bolton middlesbrough blackburn portsmouth arsenal(if they willin to take a chance)

edwards  good skill on d ball needs to be consistent.................westbrom portsmouth bermingham

stern great finisher great touch dependin on service deadly...............westbrom portsmouth middlesbrough

jones big powerful speedy needs composure and will get more goals............wigan

certain men had they chance and dat will limit them

certain men old an will be taken by strugglers as a stop gap

certain men could just fit in sumplace like jason roberts an big up d caribbean
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »
Thanks  $#0++@

Ah like how you select specific  clubs. there must be some reasoning for these but it does give an indiction of  BEST FIT for these players.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2006, 11:16:22 PM »

he was 22
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2006, 12:12:09 AM »
My pick is Stern, so long as he keep up his goal scoring form and get on ah team dat will give him good service up front, he will be just as deadly as any striker in de EPL.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2006, 09:46:44 AM »
Only the ones who presently there deserve to be there.....i.e Hislop and Warner.

Shotta say spann have the best touch on we team and I disagree.
He does good fumble in the middle and lorse the ball. Also he ent all that at right back neither.....but he have a quick first step and that is what does save him. In fact most players on our team have the lil quick burst which covers their trapping and control deficiencies.

They have three close control men ......Yorke, latas and to a lesser extent Stern. All the rest lacking a good first touch comparable to a EPL standard.

Also the abovementioned while they have the control, they doe have the speed to keep up with the pace of the modern game. only Yorke I think could still do damage for a midtable team but then again, he have to be able to replace a workhorse....at he age that ent easy.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:38 AM »
Yorke too slow to be a workhorse in EPL
I agree none of our players have the control except those you mentioned.
Men actin like Spann and Whitley touch real on.
Newsflash!
Its not
They still real bobble and struggle to trap a lofted pass cleanly.
Spann lil wild but daz a good ting in my opinion. Spann best attribute is his dead  ball kicking in my book. Unfortunately I eh know if that quality of his is any better than what EPL teams already have on their roster
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 11:25:04 AM »
OK PART 2 :
Knowing what we know about the plight of the present players, how do we grrom the yonger ones so that they  gain the opportunity to play in the EPL?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »
Tell me which EPL game yuh watching tomorrow

Birmingham   v    Sunderland at 10:00 or

10:00 ET Ewood Park  Blackburn   v    Arsenal
10:00 ET The Valley  Charlton   v    Aston Villa
10:00 ET Stamford Bridge  Chelsea   v    Portsmouth
12:15 ET St James' Park  Newcastle   v    Everton

watch the 1st one and see..
Not that the players not good, is just they notclicking as the top flights...
(Watch now ah say that, dem go put down the game of the year)
buh meh point is, avg ppl probably won't even bother..

because ppl does only watch the better teams ans players right thru, dey doh see as much of the shit plays ...I see all kinda bad pass an mistrap from them same big players too, doh get meh wrong, not as consistent as our Guys/Team, but all the same..man bawling how they technique so good and all that, like these fellas doh bobble ball too....that is what make football, football..I see both Pele and Maradona, lorse ball from mistrap, and make bad pass...I see man take whey bal from Pele, whole game and leave him out, the ting is Pele had a supporting cast, that saved his day....I agree they do make less mistakes, buh our boys with training make less too, that is why we have more guys playing foreign than ever, and I believe we will continue to see this trend...but if some ppl doh see that  improvement in our overall players, I think I see, well ok...I just think that 1 or 2 of our players can play there, can they provide more quality than who playing there now?...I don't know...Would they star in the league ? No... I think it was FF who alluded to the role factor...Can they be role players ? Yes..Can they replace someone playing there now ?  yes..
Are they worth the hassle of a EPL club going through the Hoops to get them there ? NO......
Player for player, no other considerations, other than ability, Can they play there ? YES

addenum: jus read P2, question..I think we on the right track, and playing to our ability. WE are T&T . How many Brazilians playing in EPL, considering the huge amount of footballers Brazil produce ? or Mexico, who constantly making WC and plays quite well ...there are many other factors than just ability, especially when it come to bringing foreigners into any league anywhere.
realize I didn't really answer the question, cause I don't know.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2006, 01:37:07 PM »
So let me see if I get this. By most of our estimation, most guys say we have one maybe two players capable of playing in the top flight of England. However many predict a result against the best that England can offer in the WC.  ???  :-\ Can someone tell me how is this going to happen. It simply doesn't add up.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »
hahaha Jayerson; Boi yuh on to something dey with that logic; man have tuh really check the mirror and see if they predicting on blind patriotism or on logical evaluation.ummmm.....
Lawd give we FAITH HOPE AND SOme CHARITY.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2006, 02:12:23 PM »
jayerson,
man predicting we beating england based on ah funny feeling in dey stomach..it is either gas or ah piece of bad curry dey eat.
i am not saying upsets don't happen...come june england could hit de crossbar/uprights 5 times, have 2 goals disallowed for offside and in the last minute yorke take ah corner and it comes off john terry head onto stern belly and roll in the goal.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »
touches i forced to disagree

of all we players d worst first touch is birchall i think we all kno dat

but spann has a confident fst touch a lil better than whitely own

i think sternhas immaculate control too and of course yorke and latas but i really think spann touch and fluid style of play will take him farrrr
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »
jayerson,
man predicting we beating england based on ah funny feeling in dey stomach..it is either gas or ah piece of bad curry dey eat.
i am not saying upsets don't happen...come june england could hit de crossbar/uprights 5 times, have 2 goals disallowed for offside and in the last minute yorke take ah corner and it comes off john terry head onto stern belly and roll in the goal.

Too many of us are getting carried away with some outrageous predictions and speaking like Wales and Iceland are beneath us, that is silly considering Iceland and moreso Wales have quite a number of guys in the English top flight. Like you I agree upsets can happen. T&T can punch above their weight and Sweden and England or Paraguay and can have off days. We just have to be metally and physically prepared to in order to take adavantage of any slip ups. I believe we can at least be competitive and do the region and coutry proud. In any event I'll be in Germany getting my voice horse supporting the Warriors.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2006, 03:23:04 PM »
Jayerson,
I agree with yuh regarding the outrageous predictions.  I supporting TNT down to the final whistle..England could beating us 5-0 and I still will be jumping up supporting.  We could be down 8-0 and score in the last minute and I will be celebrating the goal...It is not I am settling for mediocrity from the team but I am realistic.

Anybody who posting about we getting 6 and 7 points in that group don't know one ass about football. U are quite right about the team being mentally and physically prepared to take advantage of the slips ups by our opponents. In the last WC Korea strong point was their physical fitness and it took them far..I remember the players saying they couldn't understand why the technical staff focused mostly on physical fitness instead of more tactical stuff but it paid off for them.

I hoping for 4 points but I will be satisfied with 1 or 2 points..once the players give their best, give a good showing and people learn some positive stuff about TNT instead of reading articles about the crime rate on the internet.

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »
Whitley, good choice.... Carlos will probably go if he real show up this summer... Spann is really the easiest choice... Stern ( I feel he could go to another league)

What I want to see is how much of our players going to make an impression good enough to where other leagues would want them.?.. like the Spanish, Italian, etc...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »
EPL have vision an technique superior to my National players meh ass...watchin Chelsea/Portsmouth...they only difference with them big players and my no name players is them could do do ah full 90...so they get more touches..and the players support each other ..it ain't no great football ...but it is a higher level of fitness...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2006, 01:11:12 PM »
Shotta like you new to this game of football breds.

Birchall has a very decent first touch.......i.e where he actually controls the ball and plays it away from himself in one movement.
It is his push and run is where he loses it, there it lil heavy.

No top flight baller traps a ball dead at his feet, fumbles to push it fwd then pushes it a 3rd time to raise his head to pass and distribute.

You are supposed to cleanly take a ball down in one touch and play it away from you in the direction you going to move or avoid the oncoming player.

For a ball on the park coming at you the basics is..........Heel down-toe up and yuh collect the ball in the natural cradle of yuh foot.

Shotta I feel yuh does need at least 4 touch to control a ball 

Now that you aware, watch a La Liga or EPL game and then watch we side, you will see what I talking bout.......If yuh get a USA game too watch how they does do it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>