April 28, 2024, 11:21:10 PM

Poll

Do you think that Jan Steadman should be given a chance to represent Trinidad and Tobago as a coach?

Yes
23 (82.1%)
No
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: March 01, 2006, 12:11:29 AM

Author Topic: Jan Steadman working for Trinidad and Tobago  (Read 7013 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Jan Steadman working for Trinidad and Tobago
« on: February 24, 2006, 12:11:29 AM »
Due the positive fed back from you all on the forum about Jan Steadman, i decided to create a poll in an attempt to know how much of you all really think he should be given a chance to coach any one of our national teams.

Your opinion is gladly appreciated!
Thank you
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:13:05 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

fabio

Re: Jan Steadman working for Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:22:14 AM »
Due the positive fed back from you all on the forum about Jan Steadman, i decided to create a poll in an attempt to know how much of you all really think he should be given a chance to coach any one of our national teams.

Thank you

boy kingman, dey aint go select jan. yuh aint understand dat or wah. dey people does want lick bamsee men, men who they could manipulate and call shots. it have a certain have on d forum like that (full of shit, like to talk and lick bam bam. call name and ah go whistle ;D

jan is ah ole gangalee. he aint taking no shit. lincoln doh want dem kinda man around him.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:31:10 AM »
 Jan Steadman not equipped to coach T&T...People have respect for him but he is not qualified...He cannot be selected as a head coach of any National team...I am sorry but he doesn't have the requirements...Certification with experience is what a coach needs...Jan has maybe experience and that pays off for school football but as for a National coach YOU NEED BOTH !!!

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 06:26:13 AM »
Who is Jan Steadman?
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 07:00:43 AM »

Thank you

boy kingman, dey aint go select jan. yuh aint understand dat or wah. dey people does want lick bamsee men, men who they could manipulate and call shots. it have a certain have on d forum like that (full of shit, like to talk and lick bam bam. call name and ah go whistle ;D

jan is ah ole gangalee. he aint taking no shit. lincoln doh want dem kinda man around him.
  I find these statements a bit harsh,the people who had things to say about Jan are people that had experiences with him,if is one thing they all said is that he is a good Coach,i don't think it's anything personal against the guy that's just his personality,where as in the past it did not affect you today it does,you read it every day in the press as a Coach opens his mouth people all over you,Coaches,players,the public etc what you say will be reported.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 08:06:46 AM »
Is not this the Jan Steadman who was major player in the late 70's, and 80's and played with Leroy Spann, Warren Archibald, Everard Cummings and those guys.  First of all, the young players never heard of him as a player.  But whether he is a nice guy, a tough guy, a straight up guy or not is irrevelavant.  Forumites have varied opinions but a National coach must have coaching experience, understand strategy, and be able command the respect of the players. That is why I believe that we do not yet have  alocal national who could live up to the demands of the game.  Not all foreign coaches can either, but we better try to hold Beenie through 2010 or we in trouble again.

Later 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 08:30:29 AM »
Jan Steadman was by Pysical Education teacher in Benedict's and i use to go his football school on Naparima old ground. I don't know how qualified this man is but this man know alot about football and he does really imrprove your game. I talking from experience. I couldn't play football for shit and during PE in form one.... Jan tell me come his coaching school. He real disclipine me boy. Every saturday i have to reach the man training on time. For every minute you late is laps aroung that big ground. I was on time. He don't take no shit talk from no one. No star boy mentality with he. He go fix you before you know it. I went that man football school for four years. By game real improve. And before you know it i play for my school in under 14 and under 15. I start whole season for under 15 and i had two goals. Jan was real proud of me and i think  when i was in form two or three he became assistant coach of connection. He use to tell me if i work real hard i could play football at a professional level but in form four i started to become lazy and Jan tell me is either i work hard or leave he camp. After that i stop going he school for all kind of reason but i does still talk to him whenever i see him. He never forget me and he does always burst a old talk with me when he ready. One thing i go say. Jan Steadman daughters real  sweet boy. He use to bring them to he coaching school now and then. I use to drop level lyrics on them but i couldn't get through >:(

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:06 AM »
Jan is an ok coach, he tends to let his anger get the better of him at times, but he can surly add some discipline to our youths.

The best coaches in T&T right now is Stuart Charles and Terry Fenwick ... Leroy Spann is good to but I believe he's somewhere in North America coaching right now.. James McLean might be good to, he made North East Stars win the league once..

Reynold Carrington, Angus Eve, Michael Grayson, Selris Figaro and Miguel Hackett is also coming to come...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 08:41:29 AM by Flex »

Offline izah_bad_azz

• No one can deny dat de price of progress is high
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 09:00:10 AM »
I think Jan will be a great asset to the TTFF, but not for the big side. I will say he could more handle de under 19 or 21 teams,tuh groom dem youth man dem for de big side.When Jan done with dem youthe mand dem dey stright like ah pin and way more advance and discipline dan before.I'm not sure if Jan had much international exposure, to implement better strategies for de big side,as I said previously he ah man will groom dem youth man because he doh stand for any shit.
If yuh was around sports long enough in Trinidad and Tobago you will know it is very hard for south people to reach any national level  ;D but all in all Jan is ah good coach.
"Like our sportsmen
Being rated among the best
Our scholars have sit and passed every test
And put us right 'longside de rest
(But then)
Our pitch lake is the greatest one of its kind.
Our sugar and oil is really refined
So you see, friends, this is a real King
Solomon's mine."

Offline izah_bad_azz

• No one can deny dat de price of progress is high
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 09:09:03 AM »
Sando shame on you man you from sando I assume and you eh even mention Carpet who was also a national player and he coach P/ville Senior Comp. for many years.Yuh have to big up south people too man,when yuh using ah name like Sando represent for Sando too,or change yuh name  :o laterz wego pickup.
"Like our sportsmen
Being rated among the best
Our scholars have sit and passed every test
And put us right 'longside de rest
(But then)
Our pitch lake is the greatest one of its kind.
Our sugar and oil is really refined
So you see, friends, this is a real King
Solomon's mine."

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 10:17:41 AM »

Thank you

Yo Flavio, please do not try to start no shi@ on this post. Thank you!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 11:19:40 AM »
Jan Steadman was by Pysical Education teacher in Benedict's and i use to go his football school on Naparima old ground. I don't know how qualified this man is but this man know alot about football and he does really imrprove your game. I talking from experience. I couldn't play football for shit and during PE in form one.... Jan tell me come his coaching school. He real disclipine me boy. Every saturday i have to reach the man training on time. For every minute you late is laps aroung that big ground. I was on time. He don't take no shit talk from no one. No star boy mentality with he. He go fix you before you know it. I went that man football school for four years. By game real improve. And before you know it i play for my school in under 14 and under 15. I start whole season for under 15 and i had two goals. Jan was real proud of me and i think  when i was in form two or three he became assistant coach of connection. He use to tell me if i work real hard i could play football at a professional level but in form four i started to become lazy and Jan tell me is either i work hard or leave he camp. After that i stop going he school for all kind of reason but i does still talk to him whenever i see him. He never forget me and he does always burst a old talk with me when he ready. One thing i go say. Jan Steadman daughters real  sweet boy. He use to bring them to he coaching school now and then. I use to drop level lyrics on them but i couldn't get through >:(

... this makes him qualified to be a part of the Soca Warriors coaching staff?   ::)

wow.  we really see International football in two different ways boy

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 12:38:27 PM »
As I have said before Jan will be a good coach for national youth teams...I think is strongest strenght is the improve players' game...I have seen several professional shithongs improve their game by a great deal...someone mentioned qualifications..attending training courses are all well and good..I have nothing against it, as a matter of fact it should be encouraged more among our local coaches...However, there are successful coaches who have no major experience coaching but did well with national teams at various levels.  So I think Jan based on his playing experience, knowledge of the game and success at the youth level will make a good coach for our Under 16/17 teams.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 01:24:19 PM »

... this makes him qualified to be a part of the Soca Warriors coaching staff? ::)

wow. we really see International football in two different ways boy

Are you talking about the Senior team or at any lower level. I was not talking about senior level. Even the great BCS can't coach consistent at that level. I think he have what it takes to be  national coach at a youth level. He groom plenty players in South and he took Naps from no where to win intercol three times in a row i think. I think he just need the opportunity..... thats it...

dtruth does offend

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »
Jahyouth, why yuh doh huss yuh backside.
d man just telling yuh what jan does do.
 he never said "jan would qualify for the position because...." sheup!!
Jan play the game at the international level and have a wealth of experience.
he could bring something special to the team.
let me ask you this since you dubious
yuh know how many men on d national team staff actually have big certifications and them things to coach?
me aint know that is why i askin you my youte

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 03:46:11 PM »
preach tuh de youths dem kingman.  man feel dey reach already amd dey now start.

flavio grow up boy.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »
Jahyouth, why yuh doh huss yuh backside.
d man just telling yuh what jan does do.
 he never said "jan would qualify for the position because...." sheup!!
Jan play the game at the international level and have a wealth of experience.
he could bring something special to the team.
let me ask you this since you dubious
yuh know how many men on d national team staff actually have big certifications and them things to coach?
me aint know that is why i askin you my youte

Doh study Jahyouth...if he knew Jan he would understand what men saying...
 A lot of forumites (not a personal attack on you Jahyouth) are not open minded to people's opinion..whomever they think is the best coach or best player..then so be it..everybody entitled to their opinion an dnothing wrong with that but if somebody try to show otherwise instead of they trying to respect the opinion they start to rant and rave.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 10:57:10 PM »
I play for Jan in 1993, he's good but not good for national level. I left as he was about to start his legacy with Naps, de year he get them from senior grade back to championship. I also played under Louis Linton his predecessor, also a good coach. Jan has a great knowledge of de game, but I don't think that if by now his success has not lead him to any national level, it will ever lead him to it. Jan is a work horse and I will give him that, he can really develop a player as he did with me, but developing a team at a national level is a whole different game.

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 01:59:59 AM »
truetrini yuh know what is allyuh real issues on this forum.....allyuh cant handle how the new guys bringing about some valid and vital information about issues on the forum...this is a forum  where there is differences in views and yuh free to give yuh own views on the forum in ah intelligent way.....but trinidadian mentality we doh like changes......allyuh feel because allyuh have four stars under allyuh name on this forum allyuh more knowledgeable about things......not everytime somebody disagree they looking for an argument or trying to bullshit some one....is just that they think they view is right at the time and they stand by it..... allyuh guys jus the same way....but one love still ....continue bringing about views because at the end of the day we all will learn something from it.......bless

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 03:07:11 AM »
truetrini yuh know what is allyuh real issues on this forum.....allyuh cant handle how the new guys bringing about some valid and vital information about issues on the forum...this is a forum  where there is differences in views and yuh free to give yuh own views on the forum in ah intelligent way.....but trinidadian mentality we doh like changes......allyuh feel because allyuh have four stars under allyuh name on this forum allyuh more knowledgeable about things......not everytime somebody disagree they looking for an argument or trying to bullshit some one....is just that they think they view is right at the time and they stand by it..... allyuh guys jus the same way....but one love still ....continue bringing about views because at the end of the day we all will learn something from it.......bless

again yuh looking fuh old talk and it is very obvious.  what de hell dem stars mean?

Did you read flavio's post in response to kingman's original post in this thread?

Did you read kingman's reply to his post?

do so and stop taking sides.

Yuh biasness showing.

steups

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 04:08:19 AM »
Jan Steadman not equipped to coach T&T...People have respect for him but he is not qualified...He cannot be selected as a head coach of any National team...I am sorry but he doesn't have the requirements...Certification with experience is what a coach needs...Jan has maybe experience and that pays off for school football but as for a National coach YOU NEED BOTH !!!

So where does Ken Eli, Hudson Charles & Ron La fit in? All dem with National youth teams
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »
is not no biasness i could surely tell yuh that... he could be wrong .....i not encouraging the wrong things he talking bout....all i sayingi is that everybody has their views and when someone say something at the time they think they right....is not that they always looking for ole talk or conflict on the forum .....seen......most guys on he forum talk  about things because of their exrience and kowledge......you say things because at the time yuh think its valid and justifible relating to  a given issue......and i honestly try to understand them and learn from what yuh have to say .....i will not always agree but i try my best to understand......as i say is not no biasnesss....bless....good  luck to d socawarriors on the game tuesday.....bless

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 01:04:34 PM »
Who is Jan Steadman?

played for Benedicts with DeLeon and Archibald, Brewster etc.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »
Who is Jan Steadman?

played for Benedicts with DeLeon and Archibald, Brewster etc.

He also represented T&T at senior level; played in the 1970 World Cup Qualifiers. Played for the New York Generals and New York Cosmos in the NASL.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 05:39:31 PM »
 To all the Jan supporters ....Can Jan Steadman out-coach Jose Pekerman?

1]; } ?>