April 27, 2024, 03:43:21 PM

Author Topic: zargoza vs BARCELONA  (Read 3089 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
zargoza vs BARCELONA
« on: February 25, 2006, 05:29:02 AM »
Frank Rijkaard is well aware of the threat that Real Zaragoza pose after recent results against them and has warned his players that they will have to be at their best to take all three points from this weekend's game.

The Dutch coach believes that Víctor Muñoz's side will be highly-motivated for the match on Saturday in La Romareda and is preparing his squad. "My team ormally plays well and we did against Zaragoza in the cup too," Rijkaard explained. "But we know that they grow in confidence against the big teams. They are a strong and forceful side and they will be fierce in the tackle against us. They lift themselves when they play us and we shall be ready for that."

Despite losing in the Copa Del Rey against Zaragoza, the Barça trainer does not think that will influence this game. "When a team has already beaten us it is impossible to change. But football always gives you a second chance. My team does not need any extra motivation. We only want to focus on this Saturday's match with Zaragoza and that has nothing do with other games."

Recovery time

With only 72 hours between the game against Chelsea and the match in Zaragoza, Rijkaard has had to ensure his players are ready for the next outing. "The team has had to recover quickly and we have worked hard to achieve that with light training sessions. We all know that Zaragoza are a good team and that against us they are always strong." Ronaldinho received a knock on the ankle at Stamford Bridge, but has been given the green light to play this weekend: "He received a strong blow against Chelsea, but he is already back and will be able to play," Rijkaard said. "Even so, it still hurts him a little."

Right and wrong

While Barça face a tough task, Valencia entertain Getafe and Real Madrid host Mallorca, but Rijkaard does not think that the fact that the Balugrana's nearest rivals have, arguably, easier games, will add any pressure. "I do not believe in definitive outcomes," he said. "I also do not think that it is right to be thinking about right or wrong. In football these things sometime happen. Against teams lower down you have to pay more attention."

Oleguer and Ezquerro rested

After announcing the 18-man squad for the game, Rijkaard explained why he chose to omit Oleguer and Santiago Ezquerro. "I have rested them because I have more players. Oleguer has played a lot of games. In Ezquerro's case the choice has been more difficult, but I have other players.

"I am very pleased with how Oleguer has been playing. He is one of the players who always gives everything. He is always ready to help the team and in a winning side you need players like that."

Mature Messi

Barcelona's game against Chelsea saw the spotlight turn on Leo Messi, but Rijkaard believes that the young Argentinian will take it all in his stride and commented on the maturity of the rising star. "For his age, he is doing phenomenal things," the Barça coach said. "But that does not surprise me because it is part of his character. It does not seem to matter to him if he is playing in a stadium full of his own fans or full of people whistling him. He is intelligent, well-balanced and has many other qualities. I said last summer that he was like a new signing for the team. When everyone started to talk a lot about Messi, Sylvinho helped him a lot along with all the other players. Everyone at the club has always treated him with respect and humility and that has not changed, everything is the same. I think it is very important that there are generous people in the squad who know that all the young players are still learning. It does not worry me that he is now the centre of attention." 

ZARGOZA LUCK HAS RUN OUT WE GOIN CUT DEH TAIL DIS EVENING
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: zargoza vs BARCELONA
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:15:32 AM »
Sounds easy enough but there is one argentinian and one brazilian who need watching. Milito is red hot and so is Ewerton. Barcelona will not have it easy.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »

ZARGOZA LUCK HAS RUN OUT WE GOIN CUT DEH TAIL DIS EVENING

Dyez wuh I sayin too, we go fix dat!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »
The fans were yelling Racist chants, so he began walkin off the field. The referee and opposing players held him back and begged him to keep playing, so he did. It seems like the Spanish just don't get it. I hope they NEVER ever host any kinda world cup or olympics or anything. Could u imagine what could happen if they do?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 10:18:21 AM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:59:47 PM »
BBC SPORTS
Eto'o makes anti-racism protest

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o threatened to leave the pitch after being subjected to racial abuse by Real Zaragoza supporters on Saturday.
Eto'o was eventually persuaded to continue playing by coach Frank Rijkaard and several Barca team-mates.

Referee Victor Esquinas Torres stopped play in the second half to ask for an announcement calling for an end to the abuse to be made to the crowd.

Real Zaragoza were fined 600 euros last season after Eto'o was racially abused.

"It was a shame - Samuel is a human being and he felt bad on the pitch," said Riijkard, after his side won the game 2-0.

"But I was pleased with the attitude of his team mates who told him to continue.

"He proved he was able to overcome the circumstances and he made a valuable contribution to our victory.
"It's a real shame that things like this happen as it is thanks to players like Samuel that the fans come to the stadium to be entertained.

"I would also like to say that the referee acted very well."

Real Zaragoza were also fined 600 euros (£400) earlier this month when their fans directed racist insults at Real Betis' forward Robert.

Zaragoza striker Ewerthon said he was ashamed of the action of the club's fans.

"I'm black too," he said.

"I'm a Zaragoza player and totally opposed to the fans who did this. I've been abused too at other grounds in Spain but we need to rise above this.

"The Spanish Federation have to start taking proper measures and we as black players also have to act.

"We are here to work and if things carry on like this it will be impossible."

In November, Messina defender Zoro threatened to halt a Serie A game in Italy after suffering racial abuse from Inter Milan supporters.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »
 600 Euros??? They f**king kidding !!!....The black Zaragoza players should have walked off too...Ewerthon Black...They have a black defender also....But the spanish federation dragging their foot...But then again what could they do if that is the spanish mentality...I wanted Barca to lose before the game but Barca shoulda put 5 on them with Eto scoring all

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 01:45:29 AM »
Stinkin Spanish racists.
I wonder if this will lead to black players choosing other leagues over Spain.
Well if they go Italy is de same ting so England I guess.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 04:14:37 AM »
All this racist nonsense is enough to send players of color crazy, personally, I loved how Eto responded, that plus his statement regarding Chelsea's alleged 41 million says alot about his character.

If La Liga (and other leagues) truly want to stamp out racism, sig. more heavy fines would have to be imposed, 600 Euros does nothing to alleviate or change such behavior, steups.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 05:54:09 AM »
wat suprisin me is the black players on real zabooka side, so when the crowd making racial chants at eto'o doesnt something happen inside inside these playas..football is truly a global sport and it seems it has many of the global problems also.
jus keep playing and scoring thats d best answer right there.
600 euro = 400 pounds = 4000TT what a big fat joke ah vex eto'o wasnt here for d copa del ray

Racist chants

Before the Swede had the chance to show his mettle though, the incident that was to change the course of the game occurred. Barca won a corner on the right, but as Ronaldinho went to take it, the crowd took up racist chanting at Eto'o. Visibly upset by the abuse, Eto'o started to walk off the pitch and only the calming words of this teammates and the management kept him on. The stadium loudspeakers warned the crowd of the consequences of their behaviour and the game resumed after a break of a few minutes. Ronaldinho took the corner and the unmarked Edmilson smashed a shot in from the edge of the box. With his defence's concentration snapped there was nothing keeper Cesar could do and it was Albert Celades on the line who tipped the shot over. Red card for the ex-Barca man and penalty for Barca, which Ronaldinho coolly tucked away.

Eto'o and Larsson finish off the game

Two minutes later, Eto'o gave the racist idiots the best possible reply with a lovely first time cross to the front post, which Larsson met perfectly to make it 0-2. There was no way back for 10 man Zaragoza, but it wasn't all good news for Barca as Ronaldinho limped off with what looked to be an ankle injury. The win gives Barca a 9 point cushion over Valencia who play Getafe at home on Sunday evening.

gerimi damage d man ankle from wedensday steupssssss ah vex >:(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 06:27:40 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »
I hope Spain get nuff licks in the World Cup.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 10:10:59 AM »
Doh vex with meh fellas, but ah will not buy ah Spain replica, and ah hope they go home early from Germany.  They need to seriously take ah stand.  This thing bout trying to convince man to stay on de field is shit.  Men have to walk off the field and take a stance.  Is then the Spanish federation will realize that this is serious business.  Fifa they sleeping on they fat a$$es also.  Thye need to start deducting point from teams whose fans are guilty of this most unfortunate, ignorant behavior.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »
Men have to walk off the field and take a stance.  Is then the Spanish federation will realize that this is serious business.  Fifa need to start deducting point from teams whose fans are guilty of this most unfortunate, ignorant behavior.

Yeah faddah..I agree wit yuh straight up!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 02:04:43 AM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 06:12:01 AM »
The Spanish league is best in the world but the racism is probably the worst. The 3 men involved in the goals (Eto'o, Larrson, and Ronaldinho) are all black but Zaragoza fans couldn't care less. The world needs to see these people for who they are. In the same way that I don't believe extremism is in the minority  in the Middle East, I don't believe racism is in the minority in Europe. They'll never change.Eto'o said it all  "No mas"

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 11:47:15 AM »
BBBC SPORTS
Spanish minister backs Eto'o

Spain's sports minister has said the government will back sterner measures against racist chanting at football grounds.

"We have to end these shameful acts," Jaime Lissavetzky was quoted as saying in the Spanish media on Monday.

The minister's statement follows the monkey chants directed at Barcelona's Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto'o by a section of Real Zaragoza supporters on Saturday.

Eto'o came close to walking off the pitch before he was retrained by his team-mates.

"We have to be as clear and tough as possible. I understand completely why Eto'o did what he did in the game against Zaragoza."

Meanwhile, a leading Spanish anti-racist organisation has called on professional footballers to delay the start of next weekend's league matches, as part of a plea for tougher action against racism in Spanish football.

"We have asked the Spanish Association of Professional Footballers (AFE) to delay the kick-offs of next weekend's league matches by five minutes.

"This would be a gesture of solidarity towards their colleague Eto'o and as a way of demanding more effective action to eliminate racism from Spanish Football," the Spanish Coalition Against Racism (Cecra) said in a statement.

Cecra, an umbrella group that was asked to speak at Uefa's recent anti-racist conference in Barcelona, insisted that football authorities and the Spanish government had to take tougher action if they were to deal with the problem.

"It is no longer enough to parade banners and show films ahead of matches in our stadiums.

"These abuses constitute a serious risk to professionals who are being humiliated on the pitch.

"This serious problem, which is not just confined to radical fans, is now beyond the control of the clubs."

Erring clubs have been sanctioned with fines of over US$700 by the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), which has been criticised as failing to reflect the seriousness of the offence.

But the government-run Anti-Violence Commission has recommended fines of up to $7,000 for individuals identified as being involved in such incidents.

Angel Maria Villar, the RFEF president, closed a Uefa anti-racist conference in Barcelona this month by saying that the problem should not be given too much attention.

"We shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill," he said in his speech.

"Things that take place on the pitch should be left there.

"It is only a very small minority that are racist and we shouldn't emphasise the negative, instead we should be stressing the positive aspects of football."

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »
they talking the talk but aragones is still their national coach and another weekend of monkey chants coming up.

1]; } ?>