April 26, 2024, 10:37:36 PM

Author Topic: Lyndon “Chubby” Andrews: What became Of him ??  (Read 1476 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Lyndon “Chubby” Andrews: What became Of him ??
« on: February 26, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »
11-Feb-2003 - Professional footballer Lyndon “Chubby” Andrews believes that he should be earning at least US $3,000 for playing for the national team now that he has crossed over 50 caps.
And, he feels that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is out of place to ban players from representing the nation as well as their respective clubs.
Andrews, the most senior member of the current national squad, was suspended along with 18 team-mates from all activities under the aegis of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation last week, pending a full scale investigation of the players’ withdrawal from representing the country against Finland in a friendly international last Wednesday at Hasely Crawford Stadium.
“From the last World Cup campaign players with 50 caps and over were getting US $3,000 per match,” Andrews recalled. “These players included Latapy, Yorke, Dwarika, Eve and Ince.”
At the time, Andrews, an offencive midfielder, had over 30 caps and was paid US $2,000.
“Could you imagine receiving US $2,000 back then and having to play for nothing now,” Andrews questioned.
“I didn’t think any plans were put in place for the upcoming Gold Cup but we were told that we were going to be paid US $200 for the game against Finland,” he remembered.
“The players thought that that was not acceptable comparing the salaries that were paid previously.
“The Monday before the game against Finland, the Federation sent a message that we won’t be receiving any money. Everything turned ole mas from there on.”
Andrews said from his knowledge of having played abroad, he and his colleagues can not be suspended for more than five days.
“I am also not too certain that we could be suspended from national duty and from playing locally for our clubs,” he added.
Andrews, born January 20, 1976 represented St Mary’s College in his schooldays. He later player for Superstar Rangers, Joe Public and W Connection.
The stocky player spent two years with Hibernian in the Scottish Premiership Division but had problems securing another work permit last year and ended up playing for Vibe CT 105 W Connection.
“I was left without any options at Hibernian and had to come back to Trinidad,” he outlined.
“After the end of the Scottish season in May I returned home but could not play in Trinidad until the transfer window (period where a player can be registered before a certain date) had opened in September.”
Andrews pointed out that the national team was growing in experience and was beginning to gel under Technical Director Hannibal Najjar. Unfortunately, conditions under which they had to work was horrible.
“We, the players met privately because the situation and conditions which we were working under everyday had become unbearable for a national team.
“Basically, the training day started at 8.30 and at 12.30 pm we were still out on the pitch.
“After training there was only water available to us. No food, no nutritional drinks. No things like insurance. Tapes for wrapping ankles and medical supplies were hard to come by.”
Andrews claimed that Wayne Lawson, the physiotherapist, spent his own money for supplies for his medical kit. And, in addition, he got supplies from players coming from abroad.
“This has been going on maybe even before I started to play for the national team in 1996,” he noted, pointing out that all the players are insured at Hibernian.
Since the suspension, Andrew and his team-mates held one meeting so far with the sole intention of forming a Players’ Association.
“The Players’ Association would sought out situations like this and look after their affairs so that they (the players) would not be exploited.
“Players wouldn’t have to go on strike, risking their careers.”
Warrior For Life !!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lyndon “Chubby” Andrews: What became Of him ??
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 03:16:13 PM »
joe public
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:16:47 PM »
he at kfc independece eatin a 3 piece  ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:35:28 PM »
He last made and appearance for the national team against Cuba in the Digicel Cup on February 22, 2005.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »
he at kfc independece eatin a 3 piece  Grin
what even funnier is ah hear Hardest running rong de North Stand during panorama sellin nuts and pickin up beer bokkle.  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 05:08:16 PM by Tongue »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 05:15:35 PM »
that wasn't very tasteful tongue

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 05:42:08 PM »
All i want to say guys is another one bite the dust,this situation with Andrews is a norm it goes on all the time,the same thing was going on with those U21 players in Florida but you can't talk else you going to get burn,i'm real sorry to hear this.T&T Footballers have no rights it was always an uphill battle,everything they have to fight for.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 07:18:08 PM »
I know it wasnt , dats why I posted it with a sacarstic  :rotfl:.... seeing that Chubby by kfc eating a 3 piece

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 07:52:57 PM »
I hear yuh tongue  ;)
but on a more serious note, TI I ent hear yuh talk abou yuh partner in a long time...but I want you to encourage the man still dread...even if he don't make this present world cup side, he should be working hard and playing with clubs, etc etc, b/c everybody know latapy ent going an last past WC, and his successor not really apparent yet...who knows, he could be the man to lead we to South Africa yuh know...encourage the man dread, it have real men on here who will swear he was one of the most skillful players they ever see, and wouldn't like his story to end as a sad one.

1]; } ?>