April 29, 2024, 12:23:07 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 120290 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Focus on Athletes - Darrel Brown
« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »
http://www.iaaf.org/mm/document/competitions/competition/05/67/02/20100511112519%5fhttppostedfile%5fentrylistm@11may2030%5f20215.pdf

He is scheduled for Doha on the 14th.

PROVISIONAL @ 11 MAY ENTRYLIST BY EVENT - MEN IAAF Diamond League
14-May-10 DOHA DIAMOND LEAGUE - DOHA - QAT
Surname Name Country
100 METRES
COLLIO Simone ITA
DONATI Roberto ITA
CARTER Nesta JAM
CLARKE Lerone JAM
FRATER Michael JAM
POWELL Asafa JAM
HABEEB Yahya Hassan I. KSA
SAIDY NDURE Jaysuma NOR
FRANCIS Samuel Adelebari QAT
BROWN Darrell TRI
EDWARDS Monzavous Rae USA
KIMMONS Trell USA
PADGETT Travis USA
Num

As much as I would like to believe he will actually run, when I see video.result confirmation then I will believe....
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
Aviator,

Ye non-patriotic, immoral, non-Olympic-champion, son of a jackal - oh ye of little faith.

Who dost thou think thine is?

Prithee, take care in thy words when ye speaketh of the Chosen One, lest ye offendeth our village idiot. :rotfl:

Meanwhile in the world of REALITY....

I'm covering the meet, so I'll let you all know early if he is in fact there.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:12:03 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 12, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
Spent  u15 to u20 training with him. After Tom died it all went downhill fast , could be coincidence who knows. one thing is for sure, Tom use to train his athletes HARD. as for DB training style dais another story in its self.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:32:24 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 12, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
Ato I never said you were the village idiot but if you admitting it who am I to doubt you. :devil: :devil:.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 12, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »
We can take a public poll , What is the public or even the Caribbean view of the very "Special" superstar ATO . I wonder what the outcome would be . I will leave it up to your imagination .  :rotfl: :rotfl:. Why is it that after all your accomplishment  and all that you have achieved , the public opinion of you is as it is. Probably they just jealous of your accomplishment or probably it is something deeper than that your characteristic. I have accomplished no medals or done nothing significant for Trinidad , so it does not bother me what people's opinion of me are. But I guess as you put it you will just use that information to motivate you. What ever happen to your coaching career , I remember you saying that you have a good eye for spotting talent , How come you have not been able to secure any one of these young talents under your wings to train them. I respect you as an athlete but you still have to prove yourself in all the other AREAS . PS.  Take some coaching for Shaka.

AirMan

« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2010, 07:31:18 PM »
jusbless yuh take tingz too serious with this thread :D http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=49337.0

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »
We can take a public poll , What is the public or even the Caribbean view of the very "Special" superstar ATO . I wonder what the outcome would be . I will leave it up to your imagination .  :rotfl: :rotfl:. Why is it that after all your accomplishment  and all that you have achieved , the public opinion of you is as it is. Probably they just jealous of your accomplishment or probably it is something deeper than that your characteristic. I have accomplished no medals or done nothing significant for Trinidad , so it does not bother me what people's opinion of me are. But I guess as you put it you will just use that information to motivate you. What ever happen to your coaching career , I remember you saying that you have a good eye for spotting talent , How come you have not been able to secure any one of these young talents under your wings to train them. I respect you as an athlete but you still have to prove yourself in all the other AREAS . PS.  Take some coaching for Shaka.

What is the public opinion of Ato Boldon ? ..in your view of course ...
I have not had much opportunity to take a poll and would be very interested to know what your findings were.
I dont know whether a person's after career can detract from what he has done in his chosen profession ... eg. I dont value diego maradona any less because he is a lousy coach ...so far !

Nor do I try to degrade Michael jordan because he flopped at baseball . whether Ato succeeds in sportscasting or predicting , discovering or training stars will not detract from his exploits on the track. ..not for me anyway.

why dont we get back to Brown ...I am a big Brown fan and would like to know how he is doing .... I going down wid Brung !  I just cant accept that it is over ..not yet . I held on with Hasley when others wrote him off ...Hasley was an injury prone runner you may recall..he solved his problem by running sparingly saving himself for the big one...maybe Brown is trying the same.

With regard to Brown ..I know I am not alone ....on this i will differ with Ato ...but I will never choose to make light of what he has achieved for T&T .....let Clement keep he gold medal ...Ato will keep by highest regard.

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 12, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4pEZQPYI1s&feature=player_embedded

ahhh refreshing..............i miss those days..............

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
After the Munich olimpic when Crawfie pulled up with that hamstring, he did run a lot. He ran and won a a lot of indoors meets. he also did a lot of outdoor. It was pure hunger and determination on HCs part.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2010, 11:10:48 PM »

Fella grow up nah, yuh starting to make ah ass ah yuhself now... de talk start on track keep it on track.  Allyuh have a disagreement on Darrel Brown leave it at that and stop trying to make this unnecessarily personal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 13, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQJ0ikxsW3Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nQJ0ikxsW3Q</a>
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:17:32 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2010, 08:12:37 PM »
LOLOL jusbless boy what you don't know could fill a BIG book.

1.  You can't "openly" coach and hold 3 network tv jobs in the USA (NBC, ESPN CBS).  Time-wise and ethics wise, it creates some conflicts of interest. Understand, son?

2.  If you read more you would know more as to what I do (all over the Caribbean and the rest of the planet where all these people who you say hate me are lol), but ignorance again. FYI, just came back from Australia, some more stuff for you to hate coming soon out of there.

Here's a little education for you.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ato-boldon-heads-to-perth-ahead-of-australian-athletics-championships/story-e6frg1wu-1225852274932

3. Why would what you think about me vs Hasely or Shaka or anything else bother me? I have to prove myself in other areas to you?  :rotfl: Look up my broadcast reviews of the past 2 years, your ignorance is showing again.  Come nah man, back to yuh boy. He on the provisional start list as of right now.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:39:24 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2010, 10:17:04 PM »
The official start list have been put up and "peterbuilt" is nowhere to be found :(

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #283 on: May 14, 2010, 09:07:43 AM »
I have written off DB many years ago so I guess I am a DB hater as well.  Each year I hoped he proved me wrong but it never happened.  As I said in the past, I hope DB could at least stick around to be a great relay runner on the 4x100.  I think that is the maximum he can achieve in the future.

As for the comment about DB has the potential to destroy Bolt, that might have been the case many many years ago but I doubt that very much and now definitely that cannot happen...only Bolt can destroy Bolt.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 14, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »
Brown did not make the trip.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »
You never know, strange things do happen and DB may surprise his doubters.  However, if I have to bet I would say his career is almost at its end.  As Nightmare said, a realistic goal for him is to be a relay runner.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2010, 05:22:31 PM »
Brown did not make the trip.

:cursing: >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »
So any news why brown did not go ?

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
darrel brown
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
where Darrel brown is,is he competing in any where
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: darrel brown
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
penn relays,,but  i understand he may compete b4 that!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
And where is Richard Thompson? Is he getting ready as well?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
And where is Richard Thompson? Is he getting ready as well?

Making his opening run on Saturday.

truetrini

« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »
Browne walk home in a race in Miami last week.  I feel I could beat he right now....in a walking race.  hahahahaha

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2011, 08:52:11 AM »
Browne walk home in a race in Miami last week.  I feel I could beat he right now....in a walking race.  hahahahaha

Trinity....like yuh starting already? :rotfl:

I agree, I was a little shocked at that 10.34 performance 4th place finish by DB  as well. Truth be told, it was his first competitive race in over 18 months or almost 2 years. So 10.34 opening is not the best, but give him a few races. I guarantee he will lower that 10.34 by the national champs or at the national champs.

All the best DB!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »

Trinity....like yuh starting already? :rotfl:

I agree, I was a little shocked at that 10.34 performance 4th place finish by DB  as well. Truth be told, it was his first competitive race in over 18 months or almost 2 years. So 10.34 opening is not the best, but give him a few races. I guarantee he will lower that 10.34 by the national champs or at the national champs.

All the best DB!

heard that his blocks shifted and he did not get a good start .... but that's just from someone in his camp.
According to the source ..he was really pumped up for this and was very disappointed with the race. ... I agree though ...you eh coming back after injury and layoff and running under 10 unless your name is Johnson ! ..and we boy has never been accused of that ...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:48:44 PM by Tallman »

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2011, 05:13:11 AM »
he should be taking part in a meet in venezuela this weekend!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »
Shit i just glad he run a race at all ,,, and finish the race with no injuries .. to be honest if he had run 11 flat I'd have been happy.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2011, 11:02:20 PM »
Brown cruises in Caracas
By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: May 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM ECT
Story Updated: May 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM ECT

Darrel Brown struck gold in the men's 100 metres dash, at the Brigido Iriarte Memorial track and field meet, in Caracas, Venezuela, on Friday.

The Trinidad and Tobago sprint star got home in 10.34 seconds, finishing well ahead of Venezuela's Diego Rivas, the runner-up in 10.49. Ecuador's Franklin Nazareno copped third spot in 10.58.

In the preliminaries, Brown clocked 10.47 seconds.

T&T's Jessica James bagged bronze in the women's 400m in 55.76 seconds. Venezuelan Nancy Garces topped the field in 55.16, beating her compatriot, Wilmary Alvarez (55.55) into second spot.

James clocked 56.41 in the qualifying round.

Another T&T athlete, Denzel Ramirez finished third in yesterday's men's 5,000m event, in a personal best 14 minutes, 52.48 seconds. Venezuela's Nolbert Gutiérrez won in 14:47.89, from Alexis Pena in 14:51.82.

At the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) Outdoor Championships, in North Carolina, USA, Emmanuel Stewart earned gold in the men's discus and javelin events. The Morgan State University freshman threw 50.51 metres in the discus and 53.39m in the javelin. Stewart was ninth in the shot put with a 13.62m effort.

Another T&T/Morgan State athlete, Jeanelle Ovid cleared the bar at 1.65m to secure bronze in the women's high jump.

In Iowa, Caleigh Bacchus triumphed in the Mark Messersmith Invite women's high jump with a 1.76m clearance.

At the Jim Kehoe Twilight Meet, in Maryland, University of Maryland senior Heidi Paul topped the women's 100m field in 12.36 seconds. She finished third in the 200m in 25.37. University of Maryland sophomore, Shawn David clocked 50.11 seconds for fourth spot in the men's 400m.

Jacksonville University field athlete, Akeela Bravo won the women's discus, at the University of Central Florida (UCF) Twilight Invite. Her winning throw, 45.98m, is a new school record. Kieron Anthony finished ninth in the men's 200m in 22.07 seconds and 12th in the 100m in 10.93.

And North Dakota State University (NDSU) student, Deborah John snapped up silver in the women's 100m hurdles, at the NDSU/University of North Dakota dual meet, in North Dakota. The timing system malfunctioned.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
I heard he was literally jogging. Looked really comfortable and only put in enough to win the race.

He looking really strong nowadays. Still rediscovering his speed. Good luck DB!

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Very Comfortable victory for Darrel he needs races like these it can work wonders for his mental. No one is running great times for T&T this season so far senior champs should be a great one. A win may just jump start the once upon a time *PHENOM*

1]; } ?>