July 21, 2024, 01:06:57 AM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 125200 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel flops again at a major event
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »
People make what they want out of what I say. I am used to it.  It's called "in the public eye".  Let me clarify. 

JACEY HARPER AND AARON ARMSTRONG did not run 10.01 and 10.10 last year, despite that clock in POS.  Their 10.4 and 10.5 up and down the place since then is proof.  In the 100m that makes the whole race a throw away, even if I was in it!

I have both of those young brothers (BROWN and BURNS) on my MSN, is not like we are acquantainces, I speak to them DAILY!

SO if you talking bout choke on which words, then you are clueless.  Here's a sugggestion, while you waiting on me to choke on whatever, you hold your breath and wait for HARPER and ARMSTRONG to run them times again, ANYWHERE.

I stand by what I said - I know my sport and my damn event.  If you can't process a simple statement, that is your issue.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 10:33:47 PM »
People make what they want out of what I say. I am used to it.  It's called "in the public eye".  Let me clarify. 

JACEY HARPER AND AARON ARMSTRONG did not run 10.01 and 10.10 last year, despite that clock in POS.  Their 10.4 and 10.5 up and down the place since then is proof.  In the 100m that makes the whole race a throw away, even if I was in it!

I have both of those young brothers (BROWN and BURNS) on my MSN, is not like we are acquantainces, I speak to them DAILY!

SO if you talking bout choke on which words, then you are clueless.  Here's a sugggestion, while you waiting on me to choke on whatever, you hold your breath and wait for HARPER and ARMSTRONG to run them times again, ANYWHERE.
I stand by what I said - I know my sport and my damn event.  If you can't process a simple statement, that is your issue.

Ato,
If you are referring to my comment, I think you misunderstood what I am saying...the bottom line I agree with you and when i said choke on your words I am referring to brown and burns being the real deal.  I don't think they are sub 10 sprinters as of now and if you were wrong then they would actually be in that category...hence my statement choke on your words only means that they are very good and you were wrong but we all know those times in that race were not any good.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
No, TRINIMAN
BORN TO DO IT

TrinInfinite

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 09:41:02 AM »
darrel brother in law is meh good bredda, he say de lil brother faster but both are injury prone :'(

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »
darrel brother in law is meh good bredda, he say de lil brother faster but both are injury prone :'(

TI boy.. yuh good.. :rotfl:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 12:36:31 AM »
Lord Triniman.... leave de man be... why yuh orn he case so... de man knows much more about running then any of us can imagine... and we know he is obviosuly quite sane doh have nuttin to be jealous about nor anything he need tuh defend fuh he own ego or anything to anger him... except fuh YOU!!  :rotfl:

dun de bachanal nuh boy.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 09:32:20 AM »

yeah brown not up to par i find burns making it better than him by far these days

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »
This season is going to be a big test.  I can say that I am disgusted with their lack of 200m running.  I spoke to one of them and "the bend" is a concern, as he said.  If ths is so, they will continue to be also rans.  Sad. 

GATLIN, CRAWFORD, POWELL - Olympic gold, Olympic Gold, WR Holder - they all run 200m fairly often.  How come no-one else sees the obvious connection.

That right there is why I can not coach anyone.  I can't tolerate stupidness.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2006, 11:31:34 AM »
WHat di he mean the "bend was a concern"..???

That does not make sence... Please explain your wording?

Please don't tell me that the persons coaching these guys are not condoning this !!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2006, 03:49:39 PM »
I have concerns that the boys are a bit too much bling and not enough performance.  I understand, because I was young and making money at that age too, but I also had 2 Olympic medals and a worlds medal already, not to mention about 8 sub tens and a few sub 20s. Anyhow, I tease them (half-seriously) all the time about the stuff they are buying, but it's really not my business.  I just don't want them like Caude Noel or something when it's all over - and I think they are being poorly managed, but that is my opinion - I am waiting to stand corrected.

At Penn, I watched the USA's Lauryn Williams (women's world 100m champ from last year) burn the track again, and went over and offered her an "offer" on behalf of TnT to run for US, (her father is a TRINI) guaranteeing her she would make every Olympic team until she died or quit, and pointing out that our own young Kelly-Ann Baptiste had just run 11.10 on a slow track there...if we get Fana turned back around, it would mean she would even be on a good relay team.   She knows "the boys" as well, having come up in the same era, and she made a comment in their presence not long after her race while we all stood together that "they both have more stuff than her but they aren't world champions" (yeah it caused some silence there, too!)

I decided to ask one of them, later on, who I know a little better than the other, about the 200m and if they were going to take it seriously, as I and everyone else who knows, has more than subtly suggested.  I was told (by him) that while they were entered at both 100m and 200m next week at a major meet, they were going to find a way out, since they don't like 200s - mainly because of the BEND.  No, I don't know what that means either bt I read it as we ent want to get hurt.....which is stupid...it's because they never run it that when they go there mid-season they get hurt, but that is stupid ATO logic, I guess.

I went back over to my girl and said let's leave NOW, because nothing disgusts me more than potential wasted.  I wanted to knock them both in the head.   I also blame their management and the coach.  I never had that option to not run 200s.  Plus, I wouldn't want to...the 200s made me better at 100m...so if at year's end certain folks are still stuck at 10.0 or 10.1  and you look in the "200m this season" column and you see one, or maybe two, then know that I am done trying, because at some point you have to WAKE THE KCUF UP!  Being a pro athlete is a blessing so making dumb decisions is unforgivable.

But this brings us full circle...part of why I said last year "bogus time, that 9.9" is that even in the remote chance I was dead wrong about it, (pretty clear now that I wasn't) if they think they can run 9 without the 200m REGULARLY, validated by that "time", they will spend the rest of their careers trying to do it without 200m's - and fail miserably....you show me someone in recent history who couldn't run 9 consistently and I will show you someone who neglected the 200m....GREENE, BOLDON and FREDERICKS are the top 3 all-time sub 10 men...what do we all have in common?  World 200m champs as well ('99, '97, '93).  The 100m is not just about times, true -  it's about running 9 when you are in a championship setting (FINAL!) to give yourself a chance at the gold, and to be quite honest, without 200m, that is not going to happen under the current methods they are using - and it's sad.  I have tried to remain silent on it, but it BURNS me up because I am a TRINI and I am tired of hearing about GATLIN and ASAFA....our boys are DAMN well capable...you can say Maurice Greene beat my ass a lot but at least I was in the fight, every single time.  Why?  Because I gave myself a chance to win...our boys are really not on the Asafa/Gatlin level, and the age thing is no longer a crutch or an excuse.  The fastest men in the world are all under 25.

You can lead a Trini horse to water.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and Triniman, there are certain subjects I don't debate with those who don't know as much as I probably have forgotten this month.  Track and field is one of them...you put somethig substantial up as evidence of a point or theory when u are talking to me or don't even bother.  Is like trying to talk to Bill Clinton about how to horn yuh wife.  I have lived this event for half of my life at the highest level. 

Don't embarrass yourself.  So far the "eating of words" hasn't been done by me.  I said last year "no more sub tens" and I said "no repeat performances by any of the lesser places" in that magic carpet race (Armstrong/Harper).  Remember that, or u need me to pull out the posts and references? 

You tell me how 2005, post-TnT Trials went.  Even Anil Roberts, who never concedes anything, had to hush.  You don't see me trying to argue swimming with him, or football with men on the football side of this board.  There is a reason for that....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:05:11 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
Sad to read those comments

A real waste of talent..... Lets hope its not too late.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2006, 07:40:03 AM »
Dang Ato,

Letting it all hang out. LoL

Well said though.

Tell me, you think Asafa in problems due to his relectance to run the 200m in order to protect the groin?

I figure he must be doing overdistance training to compensate. I saw him running lots of 400m races earlier in the pre-season.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2006, 09:58:40 AM »
yeah he worried about that groin, I don't think that will ever heal...the 200 is actually dangerous for it but I think mentally he has never "let go" of it.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 02:54:33 PM »

At Penn, I watched the USA's Lauryn Williams (women's world 100m champ from last year) burn the track again, and went over and offered her an "offer" on behalf of TnT to run for US, (her father is a TRINI)
Nice to know. Is her mother American? Did she say she'll consider your offer? or she sticking with the red,white & blue.

One last thing are they any other well known US sprinters with Caribbean roots? other than inger miller, sanya richards(well really and truly shes j'can)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:58:00 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2006, 06:08:28 PM »
Kerron Clement, there are many others I don't remember just this minute.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 12:13:29 PM »
Kerron Clement, there are many others I don't remember just this minute.

I know one fore sure is natasha hastings . Her mother, Joanne (Gardner) Hastings, ran for the Trinidad-Tobago Olympic Team, and for the U.K. in both the 100 and 200.

http://www.dyestat.com/rivals/163161.html
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »
I have concerns that the boys are a bit too much bling and not enough performance.  I understand, because I was young and making money at that age too, but I also had 2 Olympic medals and a worlds medal already, not to mention about 8 sub tens and a few sub 20s. Anyhow, I tease them (half-seriously) all the time about the stuff they are buying, but it's really not my business.  I just don't want them like Caude Noel or something when it's all over - and I think they are being poorly managed, but that is my opinion - I am waiting to stand corrected.

At Penn, I watched the USA's Lauryn Williams (women's world 100m champ from last year) burn the track again, and went over and offered her an "offer" on behalf of TnT to run for US, (her father is a TRINI) guaranteeing her she would make every Olympic team until she died or quit, and pointing out that our own young Kelly-Ann Baptiste had just run 11.10 on a slow track there...if we get Fana turned back around, it would mean she would even be on a good relay team.   She knows "the boys" as well, having come up in the same era, and she made a comment in their presence not long after her race while we all stood together that "they both have more stuff than her but they aren't world champions" (yeah it caused some silence there, too!)

I decided to ask one of them, later on, who I know a little better than the other, about the 200m and if they were going to take it seriously, as I and everyone else who knows, has more than subtly suggested.  I was told (by him) that while they were entered at both 100m and 200m next week at a major meet, they were going to find a way out, since they don't like 200s - mainly because of the BEND.  No, I don't know what that means either bt I read it as we ent want to get hurt.....which is stupid...it's because they never run it that when they go there mid-season they get hurt, but that is stupid ATO logic, I guess.

I went back over to my girl and said let's leave NOW, because nothing disgusts me more than potential wasted.  I wanted to knock them both in the head.   I also blame their management and the coach.  I never had that option to not run 200s.  Plus, I wouldn't want to...the 200s made me better at 100m...so if at year's end certain folks are still stuck at 10.0 or 10.1  and you look in the "200m this season" column and you see one, or maybe two, then know that I am done trying, because at some point you have to WAKE THE KCUF UP!  Being a pro athlete is a blessing so making dumb decisions is unforgivable.

But this brings us full circle...part of why I said last year "bogus time, that 9.9" is that even in the remote chance I was dead wrong about it, (pretty clear now that I wasn't) if they think they can run 9 without the 200m REGULARLY, validated by that "time", they will spend the rest of their careers trying to do it without 200m's - and fail miserably....you show me someone in recent history who couldn't run 9 consistently and I will show you someone who neglected the 200m....GREENE, BOLDON and FREDERICKS are the top 3 all-time sub 10 men...what do we all have in common?  World 200m champs as well ('99, '97, '93).  The 100m is not just about times, true -  it's about running 9 when you are in a championship setting (FINAL!) to give yourself a chance at the gold, and to be quite honest, without 200m, that is not going to happen under the current methods they are using - and it's sad.  I have tried to remain silent on it, but it BURNS me up because I am a TRINI and I am tired of hearing about GATLIN and ASAFA....our boys are DAMN well capable...you can say Maurice Greene beat my ass a lot but at least I was in the fight, every single time.  Why?  Because I gave myself a chance to win...our boys are really not on the Asafa/Gatlin level, and the age thing is no longer a crutch or an excuse.  The fastest men in the world are all under 25.

You can lead a Trini horse to water.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and Triniman, there are certain subjects I don't debate with those who don't know as much as I probably have forgotten this month.  Track and field is one of them...you put somethig substantial up as evidence of a point or theory when u are talking to me or don't even bother.  Is like trying to talk to Bill Clinton about how to horn yuh wife.  I have lived this event for half of my life at the highest level. 

Don't embarrass yourself.  So far the "eating of words" hasn't been done by me.  I said last year "no more sub tens" and I said "no repeat performances by any of the lesser places" in that magic carpet race (Armstrong/Harper).  Remember that, or u need me to pull out the posts and references? 

You tell me how 2005, post-TnT Trials went.  Even Anil Roberts, who never concedes anything, had to hush.  You don't see me trying to argue swimming with him, or football with men on the football side of this board.  There is a reason for that....

Sorry ato right i now catch what you saying no need to air meh out like that with such a reply

You say magic carpet race?  yet you included them (brown and burns) in your sub ten club ::) :o . BTW people(who are not members of the site but guest) read this forum so yuh better delete what you typed above cause it will cause bacchanal. Think back to what happend when you questioned the times last year at the national trials on your forum and it reached in the press. Just a word of caution
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:56:36 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 07:17:26 PM »
LOL air you out - you were the one talking about eating words...I not erasing what I said - because it's true.  I told them the same way!  And FYI, this "WR" yesterday is highly suspect. I have videos of Gatlin jogging 9.84 in the heats (oh his PR at the time was 9.85) and then a relative unkown goes from 10.09 to 9.84?  LOL It just doesn't happen like that.  Let's see if its ratified.

Plus, this way I can't be accused of favoring anything that would benefit me.  It's not a Trini record, or performance.  I call it like I see it.

It's not like the numbers crunchers like myself just question every fast time, but 10.09 (at altitude) to 9.84 means you go from "who?" to equal 3rd fastest ever!  HUH?  Let's see what happens....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006, 05:08:26 PM »
Ok heard your comments on the interview Saturday night on I sports with Andre Errol Baptiste about the world record and about the two B's. You let it all out no holding back yuh was not lying at all about that.  Well i hope those guys take your advice, they probably will next season  if they don't run any  sub 10. OK let me predict brown  9.90 and burns 9.87 that will be their personal best at the end of this season.I have faith in meh boys ( oh and ah not arguing)

yuh neva know they may run d 200 and 400 in training !! ah just saying

Ato yuh need to come back home and coach get certified and stop cutting style

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2006, 12:20:04 AM »

so is this record legit or what?
has it been ratified.

and a next question showing my ignorance.

Can they use technology (high speed cameras + sensors) to make independent measurements of the time after the fact like all now?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »
Men's 100

Rethymno Results
Wind +2.0

1. 9.88 - Tyson Gay
2. 10.13 - Darrel Brown
3. 10.17 - Dwight Thomas
4. 10.20 - Kelly Willie
5. 10.51 - Aristidis Petridis
6. 10.55 - Vasilis Segos
7. DNF - Leonard Scott

http://www.eartf.gr/vardinoyiannia/en/5/getResultList.php@progID=32

Brown  and Burns has to run a legit sub 10 this season Tyson Gay  gone under 10 way under 10 To make it worse he was not even pushed in the race  :-\. Burns ran 10.04 earlier in the season  has he ran any where near that since ? >:(  i so flipping vex it not even funny. Tyson gay is a good 200 meter runner them men better get some sense.

Ah think they might take ATO  advice and start with that blasted 200  next season think they should even changes coaches
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:14:41 PM by triniman »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2006, 06:16:04 PM »
I already send BURNS congrats on his first major medal since yesterday, doh start ting....and I stand by what I said right there....just like I said last year.   These guys don't need any help, their coach is doing a great job. March is a tough month to run fast for anyone.

Nope he is not  >:( :(

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2006, 07:04:58 AM »
It was said tongue in cheek, brother.  Brown is doing well for as long as he has been out injured, and is, in fact, improving every race.  Burns?  I don't know.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »
10.11 for a win today by Darell.  He has improved just about every race since the comeback.  The question is, can he continue to improve right past 10.00? We will see.  Gay ran under 10 today (9.98) behind Asafa's 9.86 in Stockholm.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 08:00:35 AM »
 Rell men still on dope . all kinda 9.small small.
 Remember Flo Jo 10.49?

This sport ent fair
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »
I think this is the cleanest era in a long while so who u think real on dope? Powell?  Gatlin?  Cuz no one else running anything to warrrant pointing a finger. Flo Jo was almost 20 years ago.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »
Maybe you were clean and some other fellas, but the Balco scandal has proven that this era is just as bad as the past.
We the public only find out after the fact and can only speculate when we see these men appear all of sudden to hit times like if they discover Popeye spinach.
What was Gatlins times three years ago ? Powell fall out of the sky like a meteorite.

Ah pardner once told me 16 years ago dat everybody probably on drugs in the sport because that is the only way they could compete. This friend was a top ahlete and I will not call his name because it was told to me in confidence.

So Mr Boldon you can try to protect the image of your sport as is your right but I for one will just sit back and wait for the next" Ben Johnson , Hienke" expose.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2006, 09:04:43 PM »
Total nonsense.  Call the name, because that would be like saying that no-one in the NBA is head and shoulders above the rest, or they are on drugs.  Asafa, I believe is clean, and even Gatlin, because I know what to look for.   

Anyone who would say all track athletes are dirty is either suffering from sour grapes or is ignorant of facts.  I ran against people who later were found to be dirty and I myself still would not say that because I know that most are clean. 

The idiots who went the Balco route got busted as they should have, and remember that track is the most stringent drug testing sport, so that would imply that these athletes are so advanced that they are way ahead of the testers which they are not.  The Balco people took all of a year before they were all busted.

When u say things like you did about Gatlin, it shows a lack of knowledge. Gatlin was a multiple NCAA champion and a high school star.  You made it seem like he came out of nowhere.  Not even close.  Asafa has the pedigree which shows this was always his destiny, including a brother who ran sub ten himself.

I don't need to defend my sport.  It is cleaner than most others.  The difference is we air our dirty laundry in public, other sports prefer to pretend the issue doesn't exist.
What you see as a drug bust meaning a dirty sport, I see as other sports who don't bust being dirty indeed. (NFL, baseball etc)

I don't aim to change your opinion, but at the same time you need to be made aware.

Ben Johnson, by the way, was almost 20 years ago, and Balco was in 2003.  That is 15 years between "big scandals".

The Tour de France winner got busted today.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:14:51 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2006, 10:49:17 PM »
 I agree that performance enhancing drugs has found it's way into most if not all professional sports. NBA,NFL, MLB etc.
Yeh cycling too, Landis has been reported by his team however the test was a tetesterone test that measures ratios to some thing and the report says his was higher than normal thus the failure,
That is what I gathered from the CNN report and it appears that the B sample will be important in this case.

The friend who made the damning statement competed against the best and beat the best in his day. I could not refute his assertion since I am just a spectator.
However I am also not going to get into anything technical or statistical since I think I will be way out my league arguing with you.
I will sit back and wait for the next scandal to break in athletics (especially the sprints) to be vindicated.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 12:01:52 AM by fishs »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »
Fishs,

Are you more interested in being vindicated...or are you more intersted in uncovering the truth wherever it may lie?

What incentive would Ato have to defend Asafa or Gatlin???

I am not even Trini and I know Ato calls it as he sees it..right or wrong. I am sure all Trinis should know this by now. Indeed, I cant understand how is in politics, as this is a dangerous luxury that politicians are not normally afforded. I guess it is cause for some hope in the political process, eh?

Ato and I have had our differences of opinion, but I have always to respect his integrity in arguments.

1]; } ?>