April 28, 2024, 08:23:19 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 120189 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: D. Brown
« Reply #450 on: August 04, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
Thanks for the video link Paceman!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg</a>

DB looked relaxed! I feel he doing his best to avoid injury this season!
If all goes to plan allyuh watch man stop to beat pan and take pictures in the 100m Olympic finals next year and still break Bolt's World record!  ;)

Its amazing how Trinis love DB. Despite all his trials Trinis continue to believe in him. If you were to ask Trini's what sporting accomplishment they will like to see, they would probably say qualify for the 2014 Brazil (considering the difficulty to make the hex) or Brown beat Bolt. Both seem a little distant right now. But one thing I know is that there are no certainties in sports.

Brown ran a good race. He executed well. I think he knows what he needs to do to win. If you compare him to the other competitors in the race, he is the only one not pushing his body to the limits. I think we will see something special from him soon.

This win sets up an interesting 100m final at the nationals. DB's race has definitely gotten the attentions of RT, AA, RS, KB, MB and EC. Depending on the conditions, expect a couple of pb's.

what time do you predict brown will run, God willing he stays healthy come london 2012 and makes the olympic team?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:46:30 AM by Socapro »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 04, 2011, 09:38:40 PM »
lol this thread reminds of so many threads in the past. I hope he really do well or men might be on suicide watch :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2011, 06:33:41 AM »
Papa we football teams getting real licks ... we cyah even beat grenada ... sporting wise the hope have to come from somewhere.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
But on a serious note , The support DB gets , He has to be in fact the most loved Trinidad sprinter ever. Even though he has not produced those times so far , he seems to get the backing of the supporters , Look how quickly Trinidadians turn their backs on A.B and also R.T event though they won Olympics medal. I must say the type of support he get is amazing, especially seeing that most Trinidadians supportes are fair weather supporters.

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
But on a serious note , The support DB gets , He has to be in fact the most loved Trinidad sprinter ever. Even though he has not produced those times so far , he seems to get the backing of the supporters , Look how quickly Trinidadians turn their backs on A.B and also R.T event though they won Olympics medal. I must say the type of support he get is amazing, especially seeing that most Trinidadians supportes are fair weather supporters.
Trinibagoians been following this boy since he was 8 this is why he is the most loved. They know what they have seen for so many yrs. He was never a cocky but a humble, media shy youth who just run. He broke so many records along the way and is still the WJR holder. The youth was and still is special but most of all HUMBLE

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »
Trinis turning they backs on AB and RT. Not this Trini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AB and RT have nothing to prove to me or TT. We lucky Ato decided to run for we and not US or JA. Thanks for the medals AB. You took us out of that long guava season(those ungrateful wagonists). And RT have a couple years to win the GOLD. If he doh win!!! So what!!!!!!! As for DB. Go brave. Perseverance is a sign of toughness. God Bless!!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:06:10 AM by Deeks »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »
I think most people are fans of DB because of all his potential as a youth.
Now he's the underdog; who doesn't love the underdog?
Who doesn't like the comeback story?

i don't think anyone is turning their back on AB or RT
Ato Boldon still #1 TT sprinter of all time.
Ah didn't forget Hasely though.

RT have time still and we all rooting for him.  Quite frankly anyone lining up in that 100m (or any event) with TnT on their chest, we go support.
whey boy!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2011, 03:26:50 PM »
Just seen RT and KB race. Not a good performance. I bet you DB will be the overall favorite (maybe not to win, but just favorite) going into next weeks race.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 05, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »
Just seen RT and KB race. Not a good performance. I bet you DB will be the overall favorite (maybe not to win, but just favorite) going into next weeks race.

You can't jumble odds just so - one race was in hot Trini sun with an aiding 2.9 wind, the other in cold ass England (64 deg F), 2nd of 2 races in one afternoon, and a negative 2.6 wind - the TT 100m champs will be interesting nonetheless

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 06, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »
Trinis turning they backs on AB and RT. Not this Trini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AB and RT have nothing to prove to me or TT. We lucky Ato decided to run for we and not US or JA. Thanks for the medals AB. You took us out of that long guava season(those ungrateful wagonists). And RT have a couple years to win the GOLD. If he doh win!!! So what!!!!!!! As for DB. Go brave. Perseverance is a sign of toughness. God Bless!!!!

Just because people acknowledging that Brown still have support you come up with men turning they back on Ato and RT ... where you get that from?  Amazingly retarded!!!

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »

Just because people acknowledging that Brown still have support you come up with men turning they back on Ato and RT ... where you get that from?  Amazingly retarded!!!

THAT'S where he got it from. Check Jusbless post above

truetrini

« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »

Deeks was making a remark to a post

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 06, 2011, 07:36:59 PM »

Deeks was making a remark to a post

My bad Deeks ... thanks Cross :)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:56 AM »

Where do you live , You aint hearing A.B refuting it , Pull yuh head out of your ass and smell the coffee , I just say it as it is, Ato after the accident , look how much people wrote him off , sdaying he is a waste of time , he should retire , Yet at that time he was performing better than DB is with all his injury concern. The amount of people have written off RT after just one poor season , Which I am opposed to. Why do people get offended for the truth.

truetrini

« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2011, 09:01:50 AM »
jusbless, the difference between Ato and the rest is all about Professionalism!  Even to this day Ato remains the consumate professional.

The rest, including Richard, resting on Laurels too early in their careers.

Now Richard is not being slammed by me eh, but man, he should follow Ato's history..run more 200's and do the right things.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 08, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »
jusbless, the difference between Ato and the rest is all about Professionalism!  Even to this day Ato remains the consumate professional.

The rest, including Richard, resting on Laurels too early in their careers.

Now Richard is not being slammed by me eh, but man, he should follow Ato's history..run more 200's and do the right things.

Yeah. If there is anyone you could be slamming is RT. Many people feel his Olympic silver was fluke.I dont agree with that. But I telling you, if RT not in the 100m final, then his silver in Beijing will be surely deemed as such.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #466 on: August 08, 2011, 08:26:26 PM »
although bledman running faster than RT, i think RT will be our only rep in de 100m finals.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 08, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »
although bledman running faster than RT, i think RT will be our only rep in de 100m finals.

I second this feeling, but even RT will have a hard time getting there on his current form. As it stands I put all four Jamaicans( Bolt, Powell, Blake and Mullings), Dix, Rodgers and Lemaitre ahead of him. Daniel Bailey and Gatlin will be on his tail, but I am counting on his experience to bring him through the rounds.

However I expect Brauman to have Bledman ready to run real fast.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 08, 2011, 09:52:52 PM »

I second this feeling, but even RT will have a hard time getting there on his current form. As it stands I put all four Jamaicans( Bolt, Powell, Blake and Mullings), Dix, Rodgers and Lemaitre ahead of him. Daniel Bailey and Gatlin will be on his tail, but I am counting on his experience to bring him through the rounds.

However I expect Brauman to have Bledman ready to run real fast.

Good analysis. One Trini in the final. I think one will get into the final at the others expense

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 09, 2011, 02:25:34 PM »
If it's possible to fluke an Olympic medal I would like to know how, please, so we can fluke some next year. I grew up hearing Hasely's medal was a fluke since "he never win anything else that mattered." Total shit. In the same way Trinis slighted Hasely for decades then realized "wow, Olympic golds are incredibly rare for an island of 1 mil people", the same way now TnT people ache for consistency, which I always felt I got no credit for.

As far as "turning their backs" on me, I can't go there and agree with that. My own consistency was my noose. After 95-01 of medal every year, top 3 in the world in 2 events, well after the accident, what else could they say but "he cyah run again". TnT sports fans know VERY little about track and field, just like the media.

I figured out very early (partly due to Hasely) that Trinis will flip on you in a minute, so you base your livelihood, support or feelings on how they are treating you at your peril.  This is why you hear people say (idiot Blaze on the radio, e.g) "Ato feel he better than we." It's as if me not needing validation from the populace pisses him off. So be it.  What they call arrogance I call survival. I will drive the hell out of a Ford rather than wait for the Ferrari.  Look how far I've driven.

I always said, and I maintain, I had way too much true support to focus on the few whose job was to point out the one or 2 things I didn't do.  That is what we do about everything - a nation of pessimists.

Richard has had a change of system/coach this June after the results of the past few years, and is still relatively young and more importantly, hungry. Best of all, I as well as many others are not sure if a return to 9.6 or 9.5 land is a given for Bolt by 2012. If 2011 continues the way 2010 ended, that will be 2 good years for Bolt, followed by 2 average years.  It's just about who shows up for London ready, and that means it's wide open. Gay just had his 2nd hip surgery in 2 years and will be 30 next year. Safe money bets against him staying healthy. To me, the next Olympic champion could well be Caribbean and NOT necessarily Bolt.

I say little about Brown because when those who back him disagree it turns into me "crying down/hating the youth man". I must be approaching 40 because before I wouldn't care and would say it anyway. As I have said, Darrel's support is amazing in TNT, a country which has given up on sportsmen and women who have failed a lot less. I am happy to see him doing what he was born to do, and staying injury free.

This whole "he looks relaxed and healthy for once" does not translate into and SHOULD NOT start the WR/Bolt competition talk. It makes you all sound insane.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:40:36 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 09, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »
If it's possible to fluke an Olympic medal I would like to know how, please, so we can fluke some next year. I grew up hearing Hasely's medal was a fluke since "he never win anything else that mattered." Total shit. In the same way Trinis slighted Hasely for decades then realized "wow, Olympic golds are incredibly rare for an island of 1 mil people", the same way now TnT people ache for consistency, which I always felt I got no credit for.

As far as "turning their backs" on me, I can't go there and agree with that. My own consistency was my noose. After 95-01 of medal every year, top 3 in the world in 2 events, well after the accident, what else could they say but "he cyah run again". TnT sports fans know VERY little about track and field, just like the media.

I figured out very early (partly due to Hasely) that Trinis will flip on you in a minute, so you base your livelihood, support or feelings on how they are treating you at your peril.  This is why you hear people say (idiot Blaze on the radio, e.g) "Ato feel he better than we." It's as if me not needing validation from the populace pisses him off. So be it.  What they call arrogance I call survival. I will drive the hell out of a Ford rather than wait for the Ferrari.  Look how far I've driven.

I always said, and I maintain, I had way too much true support to focus on the few whose job was to point out the one or 2 things I didn't do.  That is what we do about everything - a nation of pessimists.

Richard has had a change of system/coach this June after the results of the past few years, and is still relatively young and more importantly, hungry. Best of all, I as well as many others are not sure if a return to 9.6 or 9.5 land is a given for Bolt by 2012. If 2011 continues the way 2010 ended, that will be 2 good years for Bolt, followed by 2 average years.  It's just about who shows up for London ready, and that means it's wide open. Gay just had his 2nd hip surgery in 2 years and will be 30 next year. Safe money bets against him staying healthy. To me, the next Olympic champion could well be Caribbean and NOT necessarily Bolt.

I say little about Brown because when those who back him disagree it turns into me "crying down/hating the youth man". I must be approaching 40 because before I wouldn't care and would say it anyway. As I have said, Darrel's support is amazing in TNT, a country which has given up on sportsmen and women who have failed a lot less. I am happy to see him doing what he was born to do, and staying injury free.

This whole "he looks relaxed and healthy for once" does not translate into and SHOULD NOT start the WR/Bolt competition talk. It makes you all sound insane.

I dont think RT silver was a fluke. But many in the T&F world have see it as such. Only because RT has never run that time again. Seeing that RT has had consecutive healthy seasons, I though he would at least have  couple of 9.8s under his belt. 

Just for the record, there are no posts of me making any outrageous claims like DB will challenge Bolt. Its true, many come with that view. This is where I see Trinity's and A.B's point. Overall, I just find it remarkable that despite having a history of injuries, DB continues to run some decent times, is always a contender for the National 100m title and always gets a spot on the 4x100. Now can anyone think of an athlete who has encountered so much adversity yet continues to perform better than the average?

I only want to see consecutive healthy seasons before I write DB off. Not looking for him to beat Bolt or Asafa. But based on the performances of the other TNT sprinters, DB is still a contender for the national title.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 09, 2011, 10:17:01 PM »
No athlete, not even DB is immune to the sick love/hate relationship Trinis have with national athletes, in any sport. This very forum is testament to that.

Trinis live in a post-colonial society where a child is "to be seen and not heard" and as an adult "if you are not up to mark you will be ridiculed into being so (ie shame you into excelling)".

Simply put both philosophies are regressive. Children are not encouraged to express themselves vocally at home or in school so it is no wonder the local sporting public identifies and associates more with DB than AB or RT. He is soft-spoken, and by no means a card carrying member of Toastmasters International. RT and AB on the other hand express themselves confidently and even come off as brash by T&T standards, but their personalities naturally fall more in the norm with athletes in the US, the environment where they grew into adults and perfected their craft.

So when their performance dips the misguided pleasure on the part of T&T spectators in seeing them falter comes from a misunderstood dislike for their personalities that are foreign and an affront to what was drummed into them all their young and adult lives.

Spectators seem to have this puppet/master relationship with their sport icons, ordering up sub-10 100m performances before meets as if it is as easy as ordering doubles at the local street corner. They are not attuned to or educated to the amount of hard work that goes into attaining such levels even once. In addition they expect that once a sprinter has gone there he should be able to repeat at that level week in, week out, not understanding that minor injuries, fatigue, phase of training regimen, coaching orders during fine tuning, and other factors come into play.

So well, when the athlete does not perform to their expectations, like a non-operational GI Joe doll, they pitch it, kick it, and cuss it, as if that would make it work better. It is interesting that they assume some level of OWNERSHIP over sporting heroes as if living vicariously through their performances would make or break their weekend and week ahead.

What would help is if the media through informed sports journalism (which is an oxymoron in T&T) educates sports fans to these nuances so that (i) they can better measure their expectations during various phases of the season, and (ii) they can be encouraged to be more supportive of the athletes during their ups and downs.

The athletes themselves also need to understand that balance between over expression of confidence and humility in sustaining local support. What they do is an art form and like most great artists who perfect their craft for their pleasure and that of their fans, end up reaping the benefits of adulation, compensation, national acclaim/awards, etc. But these monies and grants come from taxpayers' contributions, which maybe explains the sense of ownership by spectators.

So the solution might be a 3-way street: (i) an intelligent and informative sports media, (ii) recognition of privilege and humility on the part of athletes, and (iii) educated and thus more patient and nurturing patrons.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:26:22 PM by STMB »

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
No athlete, not even DB is immune to the sick love/hate relationship Trinis have with national athletes, in any sport. This very forum is testament to that.

Trinis live in a post-colonial society where a child is "to be seen and not heard" and as an adult "if you are not up to mark you will be ridiculed into being so (ie shame you into excelling)".

Simply put both philosophies are regressive. Children are not encouraged to express themselves vocally at home or in school so it is no wonder the local sporting public identifies and associates more with DB than AB or RT. He is soft-spoken, and by no means a card carrying member of Toastmasters International. RT and AB on the other hand express themselves confidently and even come off as brash by T&T standards, but their personalities naturally fall more in the norm with athletes in the US, the environment where they grew into adults and perfected their craft.

So when their performance dips the misguided pleasure on the part of T&T spectators in seeing them falter comes from a misunderstood dislike for their personalities that are foreign and an affront to what was drummed into them all their young and adult lives.

Spectators seem to have this puppet/master relationship with their sport icons, ordering up sub-10 100m performances before meets as if it is as easy as ordering doubles at the local street corner. They are not attuned to or educated to the amount of hard work that goes into attaining such levels even once. In addition they expect that once a sprinter has gone there he should be able to repeat at that level week in, week out, not understanding that minor injuries, fatigue, phase of training regimen, coaching orders during fine tuning, and other factors come into play.

So well, when the athlete does not perform to their expectations, like a non-operational GI Joe doll, they pitch it, kick it, and cuss it, as if that would make it work better. It is interesting that they assume some level of OWNERSHIP over sporting heroes as if living vicariously through their performances would make or break their weekend and week ahead.

What would help is if the media through informed sports journalism (which is an oxymoron in T&T) educates sports fans to these nuances so that (i) they can better measure their expectations during various phases of the season, and (ii) they can be encouraged to be more supportive of the athletes during their ups and downs.

The athletes themselves also need to understand that balance between over expression of confidence and humility in sustaining local support. What they do is an art form and like most great artists who perfect their craft for their pleasure and that of their fans, end up reaping the benefits of adulation, compensation, national acclaim/awards, etc. But these monies and grants come from taxpayers' contributions, which maybe explains the sense of ownership by spectators.

So the solution might be a 3-way street: (i) an intelligent and informative sports media, (ii) recognition of privilege and humility on the part of athletes, and (iii) educated and thus more patient and nurturing patrons.

:applause:

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 10, 2011, 04:49:57 AM »

I think this is the best post I have ever read from Ato Boldon, First time I could say I agree with everything that he sais. By the way Asafa is my pick for Gold in Daegu this year.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 10, 2011, 06:10:06 AM »

I totally agree with you on this...you really kyah fluke an olympic anything ! There are those of us who will always hold what you did,  including your decision to run for this country, very dear to our hearts. I will always thank you for the memories you gave us on the track and still give us via the print and TV . I regard you as the foremost track expert from T&T and from anywhere from that matter...and I dont give out pips easily . I hope you wont give in to trini pressure and just say " to hell with it , I staying quiet. You were the one who predicted success for Richard when others were doubters, myself included.
I still feel that Track and field in T&T can go places but only when people like yourself get more involved. We are still too unscientific , maybe we should ask ESPN to send an expert to advise the TTAA , but then they might send you !
So keep up the advice and bear with us ...is how much carnival you have to see to understand trinidadians ??

de same folks who does say " nobody should have fete in de stadium , is de same folks mashing it up  ....you tink it does have 30,000 foreigners in stadium fete ? but dais how we is .... but they like how we does talk , talk , talk ..and we always come good in adversity !!

Looking forward to hearing from you at the big meets ..

J Jai john

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:28 AM »
I do understand what Ato was trying to say about when he brings stuff up about Darrel people take it wrong . But Ato you yourself said that Darrel will never be a factor again in this sport. He is 26yrs of age Richard is 25 and already Richard have alot  more miles on this body than Darrel. Why do you only think he will be a factor on a relay team only....YES YOU SAID IT. I am trying to get a clearer picture here are you saying that Darrel will never overcome those injuries ?? or he will just not run fast? 

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 10, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »
I do understand what Ato was trying to say about when he brings stuff up about Darrel people take it wrong . But Ato you yourself said that Darrel will never be a factor again in this sport. He is 26yrs of age Richard is 25 and already Richard have alot  more miles on this body than Darrel. Why do you only think he will be a factor on a relay team only....YES YOU SAID IT. I am trying to get a clearer picture here are you saying that Darrel will never overcome those injuries ?? or he will just not run fast? 

I don't think Ato said Darrel will never be a factor again. What I remember him saying is that people have to understand the demands of the sport and the stresses it places on the body, and consider the added effects of injury in performance. That is why he says safe money is not on Tyson Gay because of is age and number of surgeries. At Olympic level, success is measured in one hundreths of a second. It is all about who brings it on the day both physically and mentally. Ask Asafa, because he has all the physical tools but lacks the mental ones to go with it. That is why you cannot fluke a medal and why a "little injury," or a series on injuries can make a big difference.

With regard to T&T support, we suffer from the "All ah we is one" mentality. If someone dares to succeed or challenge the status quo, the masses try to pull them back in because "all ah we is one."

That is why our world class artists, athletes and intellectuals never get the support or recognition they deserve.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 11, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
I did say that. You can find it somewhere in my post history.

Let me start with your RT vs DB part first. DB has infinitely more mileage, and worse, it's hard mileage from a VERY young age. RT's issues are leg/core strength and willingness to hurt in REAL over-distance training, not mileage. Not even close to the same on the odometer.

I have said before that the fact that DB set all those age group records is precisely why his body has had enough. No-one knows what his body feels like because he ALONE has set those records and taken his body there in human history. It makes him unique, for better or worse.

I have said he will not factor other than relay duty simply because his body can't take what is needed to put together a FULL INTERNATIONAL SEASON. That requires travel, weird food, different time zones, cold weather, uncomfortable beds etc etc etc.

It's the accumulation of half, quarter and non-seasons why he is where he is now. If Darrel ran 10.01 to win trials this weekend, in my mind the clock would start to tick to injury . Look at his past 7 years and you will see it, don't take what I say as so.

Also - and I have never seen this written, the reports from MVP to me about Darrel's work ethic or lack thereof were shocking to me (and typical of young stars, since similar things have been said of his British equivalent, Mark Lewis-Francis).

Darrel's body is not capable of handling a season at the highest level in that event. That is what I mean. We have almost a decade of evidence to support that.

I understand the fans support when he runs a time which sort of looks like an improvement - that is a good thing - but the standard for what is a good race and a good time is skewed badly around here. I find myself looking at the film 5 and 6 times to see if I am seeing the same tape some are writing about.

If he and Ashwin turn this around it will be a first in the history of a young sprint star. Ask the Brits and the Jamaicans.

The thing that anyone with an eye can see is that Darrel is no longer explosive. Years of pulling up have put a sort of limiter on him I think where his movement has become very, very limited, both with legs and arms.  Look at his 2002 Wj win, and look at him from 2011.

P.S. Jai I know u doh give pips easy, so I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:39:00 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 11, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
I did say that. You can find it somewhere in my post history.

Let me start with your RT vs DB part first. DB has infinitely more mileage, and worse, it's hard mileage from a VERY young age. RT's issues are leg/core strength and willingness to hurt in REAL over-distance training, not mileage. Not even close to the same on the odometer.

I have said before that the fact that DB set all those age group records is precisely why his body has had enough. No-one knows what his body feels like because he ALONE has set those records and taken his body there in human history. It makes him unique, for better or worse.

I have said he will not factor other than relay duty simply because his body can't take what is needed to put together a FULL INTERNATIONAL SEASON. That requires travel, weird food, different time zones, cold weather, uncomfortable beds etc etc etc.

It's the accumulation of half, quarter and non-seasons why he is where he is now. If Darrel ran 10.01 to win trials this weekend, in my mind the clock would start to tick to injury . Look at his past 7 years and you will see it, don't take what I say as so.

Also - and I have never seen this written, the reports from MVP to me about Darrel's work ethic or lack thereof were shocking to me (and typical of young stars, since similar things have been said of his British equivalent, Mark Lewis-Francis).

Darrel's body is not capable of handling a season at the highest level in that event. That is what I mean. We have almost a decade of evidence to support that.

I understand the fans support when he runs a time which sort of looks like an improvement - that is a good thing - but the standard for what is a good race and a good time is skewed badly around here. I find myself looking at the film 5 and 6 times to see if I am seeing the same tape some are writing about.

If he and Ashwin turn this around it will be a first in the history of a young sprint star. Ask the Brits and the Jamaicans.

The thing that anyone with an eye can see is that Darrel is no longer explosive. Years of pulling up have put a sort of limiter on him I think where his movement has become very, very limited, both with legs and arms.  Look at his 2002 Wj win, and look at him from 2011.

P.S. Jai I know u doh give pips easy, so I appreciat

\

Understandable but does Darrel have to run an entire season to be a factor ?? Why cant it be shorten it and be home based. He may not travel as much but cant he be ready for 4 good rounds?  The sport is also going to be cleaned up in a matter of weeks as well, because we both know some big names are going to call. History says Darrel may disapoint most of us again but he has ran 7 or 8 times this yr already most he has ever ran in the past 6yrs, isnt this something we shuould look at. He was always the athlete to run less and win more. Now Ato dont take what i am saying wrong here but you dont think he will make a Goblal final again on any level...Pan am... Commonwealth ...CAC...Wrolds ..Olympics  cause if he does and medals i think thats being a factor.

truetrini

« Reply #479 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »
breds pan am, cac and commonwealth is joke meets now  steups

1]; } ?>