April 27, 2024, 06:04:13 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 120084 times)

truetrini

Re: D. Brown
« Reply #510 on: September 11, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »
I was steupsing at he being a world beater...not de silver dat is great...even after Asafa gift them de race with de false start

truetrini

Re: Focus on Athletes - Darrel Brown
« Reply #511 on: September 15, 2011, 12:34:23 AM »
wat jusbless..ah jes revisiting this...yuh real make ah ass out ah yuhself breds

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 15, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
No I did not , You must visit the other forums and see what the caribbean view of A.B is, not that I share the same view as them, But I was just having a little fun with AB , playing's devil advocate , back then the forum was boring so i had to liven it up. Post what other's were afraid to, Imagine AB even called me disrespectful but all I did was post some public opinions. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 15, 2011, 04:11:30 AM »
On that topic what was weird to me in that whole argument that had me wondering was that on the women's side we have KB oue best runner running the second leg which suppose to be the longest leg, but on the men's side we have RT our best runner running the last , Is it just me or something definitely does not add up, I still believe that RT should run the second leg as he did in college , put our strongest runner on the second , probably we would of been ahead of the spill in worlds and would of been wearing a silver all now if the order was change as requested. So after all that is it really wise having our best runner anchoring when their is a gulf in class between our runners

truetrini

« Reply #514 on: September 15, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »
Your tv does not have an antennae?  In the wronged women s.relay we got walked down st the final leg

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
That is why I was in a quandry, beacuse AB always said that the reason for putting kelly ann on the second was that she was the fastest of our sprinters so she should run the second, I just wondered why that logic is different when it pertains to the men's team

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 15, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
That is why I was in a quandry, beacuse AB always said that the reason for putting kelly ann on the second was that she was the fastest of our sprinters so she should run the second, I just wondered why that logic is different when it pertains to the men's team

AB was not in charge of our relay teams at Worlds as far as I am aware so don't expect the same logic to apply to the men squad as there was to our ladies!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #517 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55:23 AM »
Breds yuh doh make sense at all...and yuh doing so with increasing frequency.

Go back and read the Justifications provided   steups

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 15, 2011, 09:08:18 AM »
Oh mr Cross , you had to be privy to the earlier comments with AB to understand I am getting back , go back to the threads a few years back when I was discussing the relay line ups when AB was in charge of the relay teams . so dont get me Crossed, One is One , Strength and Powers

truetrini

« Reply #519 on: September 15, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
One is One and under Ato and his system we ran the third fastest time EVER for  4x 100 and won 2 silver medals..ent?

And I did read the so-called arguments...yuh did lose in my opinion.

You ever run anything more than yuh mout?

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 04, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
did any 1 hear of a 100m race a couple weeks ago that DB ran,?,its 'alleged' that he ran 10.3 in the semis and 10.14 in the finals. The location was somewhere in miami.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 04, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »
did any 1 hear of a 100m race a couple weeks ago that DB ran,?,its 'alleged' that he ran 10.3 in the semis and 10.14 in the finals. The location was somewhere in miami.

Haven't heard a thing about that! That should have been big news back home in T&T!
Did DB win the race in the final?

At any rate we should soon see DB in action at the Pan Am Games in Mexico but if what you heard is true then that's a good sign for Pan Am in a few weeks time!  :beermug:

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2011, 10:03:57 AM »
Got confirmation. It is true. He ran two weeks  ago. Not sure of the location. But it was somewhere in the U.S. All I heard was that he executed well and won the race. The time I heard was 10.1. Not sure if that is 10.10 or 10.14.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
Got confirmation. It is true. He ran two weeks  ago. Not sure of the location. But it was somewhere in the U.S. All I heard was that he executed well and won the race. The time I heard was 10.1. Not sure if that is 10.10 or 10.14.

Good news!!  :beermug:

Maybe he might run a sub-10 at Pan Am!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 10, 2011, 08:14:11 AM »
Allyuh remember this TSTT advert?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeUc1ev1M_w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xeUc1ev1M_w</a>

If anyone of allyuh posters on here using TSTT broadband and find that allyuh internet access is slow then blame Darrel Brown! Tell him that he needs to run faster so allyuh could surf the net at a faster speed!! :D
Just kidding!!
Wishing Darrel all the best at the upcoming Pan Am Games and hopefully he ends the season injury free!
Heard DB ran a 10.1x recently in the States in preparation for Pan Am so don't be surprised if he ends up running a sub-10 at Pan Am! ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:26:31 AM by Socapro »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
Happy Birthday to Darrel Brown today  :beermug:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 11, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
Yeah, Happy Birthday to Darrel for today and many, many more healthy & happy returns!!
He's 27 years old today!! Also wishing him all the best at the upcoming Pan Am Games!

Here is Darrel’s IAAF bio listing some of the major athletics achievements in his career so far!

http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographies/country=tri/athcode=170098/index.html

P.S. They need to change the photo though, that's Marc Burns picture not Darrel's!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:52:46 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown's Pan Am Performance (10.63)
« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2011, 09:00:46 AM »
After watching Darrel Brown's 100m Heat performance of 10.63 at the just concluded Pan Am Games, I am left wondering if he was injured again as he didn't go all out! Please see video!

Darrel Brown is in the 3rd Heat
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxxfUx5Ay7w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NxxfUx5Ay7w</a>

Let’s keep in mind that Darrel also did not run in the Pan Am 4x100m relay semis for our team after having many days to recover from any niggling injury after his shocking 10.63 100m Heat performance! See below!

Our Pan Am Relay Team is in 2nd Semi but dropped the baton! >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aq2MmTCIlEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aq2MmTCIlEw</a>
T&T Relay Team: Jamol James (1st leg), Moriba Morain (2nd leg), Joel Dillon (3rd leg) & Emmanuel Callender (4th leg). Jamol James looked really fast on the 1st leg for us before the failed baton exchange!

I think if they didn't messed-up on their baton exchange that they would have made the final and medal.

Can anyone shed some light on Darrel injury wise? Was he seriously injured again?
And what does this say for the possibility of Darrel having an injury free come back to his previous world class form next year/season in time for Olympics?  :-\
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:17:28 PM by Socapro »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown
« Reply #528 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:47 AM »
Since every topic on this forum degenerates into a Darrel Brown issue I thought I would create a Darrel Brown page ...it should be packed if the moderators took out every comment about darrel brown on other topics  :beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown
« Reply #529 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
Since every topic on this forum degenerates into a Darrel Brown issue I thought I would create a Darrel Brown page ...it should be packed if the moderators took out every comment about darrel brown on other topics  :beermug:

Close this topic. There is already one on Darrel...

Besides, there is only one poster that always has something negative to say about Darrel. So this topic and thread will become a playground for that poster. No need for a new Darrel topic. 

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 06, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »
JUST FOUND THIS VID,,,,,,,DB vs UB on the anchor

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ed2nFjU-RdA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ed2nFjU-RdA</a>
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:55:45 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 06, 2012, 08:20:45 AM »
Bolt has improved sooo much since then. One can only imagine had Darrel not encountered sooo many injuries what could have been.... sigh.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »
18 year old Darrel supposed to cut 16 year old Usain ass in that race. It ehn just the improvements. Bolt's bio stated how much he had to back off to maintain good health. In 2004 at 18 he went 19.93 and had he not regressed into a 20 point runner after that and kept his body healthy, he would have been in the same position as Brown. They were both super human as juniors, but one did what was right for him and the other had foolish men around him raping his talent through and through, hence the finished product we have now.
Success will never take you by surprise.

truetrini

« Reply #533 on: July 06, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
18 year old Darrel supposed to cut 16 year old Usain ass in that race. It ehn just the improvements. Bolt's bio stated how much he had to back off to maintain good health. In 2004 at 18 he went 19.93 and had he not regressed into a 20 point runner after that and kept his body healthy, he would have been in the same position as Brown. They were both super human as juniors, but one did what was right for him and the other had foolish men around him raping his talent through and through, hence the finished product we have now.

I agree with much of what you said Swima, but I do not think that Mr. Brown would be in the same zip code as Bolt even without the interferences

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Darrel Brown
« Reply #534 on: July 06, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »

The father comes to mind
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 06, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
One of the worst cases of mismanagement ever!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 06, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
I mean you should hear how coaches who have had Darrel in recent years talk about his issues. The man is a 100m runner with no glute strength or stability. What you think that doing to his hamstring everytime he runs?
Success will never take you by surprise.

truetrini

« Reply #537 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »
I made mention of this sometime ago, just to be ridiculed by his so-called supporters.

This man had every chance, he is washed up, cooked done...when that fella was on track to be better than he eventually turned out, people around him f**ked him royally, but he too is either a dummy or just slow, becasue he ahd a right to make his own decisions too..and get proper management.

When people who went before him and made it tried to offer advice they were shot down and accused of being jealous.

Steups, I tired ah de talk about he go come back etc...dais why I does hit dem f**king jokers hard.  They who they are..de shit hounds who deos accused me of being fair weathered etc..cunnies.

Maybe now others saying the same thing...well just maybe, but he done to fack

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 12, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
So what's the latest? He retire?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Whatever happened to TrueTrini? He usually has something to say about Brown.

1]; } ?>