April 26, 2024, 04:12:31 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 119991 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Darrel Brown vs Asafa Powell in Jamaica Invitational.
By: Kwame Laurence.

Darrel Brown will get a stern test at the Jamaica International Invitational meet, at the National Stadium in Kingston, today.
The Trinidad and Tobago sprinter is listed to compete in the men's 100 metres dash, against Jamaicans Asafa Powell and Dwight Thomas, Darvis Patton and Coby Miller of the United States and Great Britain's Mark Lewis-Francis.
Brown opened his 2005 campaign last Saturday, at the Penn Relays in Pennsylvania. He clocked 10.36 seconds to finish second, behind American sprinter Jason Smoots (10.16).
Injury prevented Brown from performing at his best during the 2004 season. In fact, he opted to skip the 100m event at the Olympic Games in Athens, Greece, and is keen to make up for that absence with a sound performance at the 2005 World Track and Field Championships in Helsinki, Finland.
At the 2003 Worlds, in Paris, France, Brown finished second in the 100m final, behind Kittitian Kim Collins. In the second round, in Paris, the Alabama-based sprinter clocked a personal best 10.01 seconds to become the world junior record holder in the event.
Both Powell and Miller are sub-ten sprinters. Powell dived under ten seconds nine times, in 2004. The powerful Jamaican clocked a personal best 9.87 seconds, in Belgium last September, to move into 11th spot on the all-time 100m list. Miller's PR (personal record) is 9.98. Patton's fastest clocking is 10.00. The best legal time produced by Lewis-Francis is 10.04. And Thomas has a PR of 10.12.
Powell holds the number one spot on the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) men's 100m rankings list, and is second on the overall men's list.
Coach: Brown in 10.0 form.
By: Kwame Laurence.

Darrel Brown's 10.12 seconds run in Saturday's Jamaica International Invitational men's 100 metres dash was a creditable performance.
A faster run, though, was on the cards, up until the 85-metre mark.
"Darrel was ready to run about 10.05," the Trinidad and Tobago sprint star's coach, Henry Rolle, told the Express. "He was second, but when he realised he could not catch Asafa (Powell), he eased up, and was passed by two guys."
Powell won the race in a very fast 9.84 seconds, beating his fellow-Jamaicans Dwight Thomas (10.05) and Michael Frater (10.09) into second and third, respectively. Alabama-based Brown was fourth.
"Darrel could have run faster, but being in lane one didn't work in our favour. He didn't see the guys in the middle.
"And during his drive phase," Rolle continued, "there was an over-stride from Darrel in his attempt to catch Asafa. That caused him to buckle a bit."
The Bahamian coach was high in praise for Powell, whose 9.84 run is a new CAC (Central American and Caribbean) record.
"Asafa ran a great race. He was unbeatable on Saturday night."
Brown's next competitive outing is likely to be on June 4, at the Prefontaine Classic, in Oregon, USA.
Another Alabama-based T&T sprinter, Marc Burns, is expected to face the starter at Saturday's Felix Sanchez Invitational, in the Dominican Republic.
"I'm hoping Marc competes the way he has been training. He just needs the races to get the experience at the top level."
Rolle also coaches T&T quarter-miler Ato Modibo. The former Clemson University standout is targetting the 45.55 seconds World Track and Field Championship men's 400m "A" qualifying standard.
"Hopefully, Ato will run the 'A' standard this weekend. He's ready to run 45.2."
Rolle, who is employed as a coach at Auburn University, said he also expects T&T/Auburn quarter-miler Damion Barry to attain the 45.55 World Championship "A" standard, this weekend.
Barry will compete at the SEC (Southeastern Conference) Championships, in Tennessee.
"Damion is ready to run fast."
Barry's teammate and compatriot Sherridan Kirk will bid for SEC honours in the men's 800m.
"Sherridan is in good form as well. If he doesn't run the 'A' standard this weekend, he should get very close."
The World Championship "A" standard is one minute, 45.40 seconds. Kirk's PR (personal record) is 1:46.44.
T&T/Auburn sprint queen Fana Ashby is recovering from an ankle strain she sustained at last month's Texas Relays, and is likely to skip the SEC Championships.
"In Texas, Fana turned her ankle in the 4x1. That's why she didn't run good in the 100," Rolle explained. "She missed some training, and will not run if she's not ready. We're taking things day by day."
T&T athletes Josanne Lucas and Treska Baptiste are also attending Auburn.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:41:42 PM by Socapro »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown in Prefontaine field
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 10:31:33 PM »
Brown in star-studded Prefontaine field

Kwame Laurence klaurence@trinidadexpress.com

Saturday, June 4th 2005

The 2003 World Championship 100m silver medallist squares off against Olympic gold medallist Justin Gatlin, world record holder Tim Montgomery (9.78), reigning world champion Kim Collins, 2005 world leader Asafa Powell (9.84) and Olympic 200m gold medallist Shawn Crawford, as well as Leonard Scott and Michael Frater. Scott (10.03) is second on the 2005 100m performance list, while Frater is eighth.

Of the eight sprinters on show, only Brown, Scott and Frater have not dived under ten seconds. Brown's PR (personal record) is 10.01 seconds.

In his two outings this year, at the Penn Relays in April and the Jamaica Invitational in May, the 20-year-old T&T track star clocked 10.36 and 10.12, respectively.

Brown's coach, Henry Rolle, told the Daily Express, yesterday, he is satisfied with his charge's preparations for the Prefontaine Classic.

"We've had 2 1/2 to three weeks of great training, so it's just a matter of executing now. Executing is more important than a time goal. When you execute, the time takes care of itself, but when you chase times, you don't usually execute.

"The Prefontaine race should be competitive," the Bahamian coach continued. "There are five or six guys in the field who could be finalists at the World Championships, in Helsinki. But you can't base your race around anyone else's. We just have to aim for the goals we've set for this time of the year. Everything is a building block for Helsinki."

Rolle also coaches Brown's compatriot and friend Marc Burns. The 22-year-old T&T sprinter has been in fine form this season, winning four 100m races.

His most impressive 2005 run came at the Felix Sanchez Invitational, in the Dominican Republic, where he triumphed in a personal best 10.11 seconds.

At the Galatletica Banamex meet, in Hermosillo, Mexico, Burns finished third in the men's 200m in 20.57 seconds, a new PR.

"I can't complain. Marc has been winning.

"Based on practice," Rolle continued, "both Marc and Darrel getting to the final in Helsinki is realistic. And it won't be easy, but both could get medals."

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown in Prefontaine field
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
Good Luck Darrel !
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 05:02:40 PM »
Prefontaine Classic - Eugene, OR (USA)
Saturday, June 04, 2005

Last Updated: 00:28:15 CET 05/06/2005

Official Result
Men - 100 Metres
Wind: +3.4 m/s 
Pos   Athlete Nat Mark     

1   Gatlin Justin USA 9.84     
2   Powell Asafa JAM 9.84     
3   Scott Leonard USA 9.94     
4   Crawford Shawn USA 9.98     
5   Collins Kim SKN 10.02     
6   Frater Michael JAM 10.06     
7   Montgomery Tim USA 10.10     
8   Brown Darrel TRI 10.14     

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 09:13:39 PM »
Darrel Brown 8th at Prefontaine

...Hercules, Armstrong want to wear T&T colours

Kwame Laurence klaurence@trinidadexpress.com

Sunday, June 5th 2005

Darrel Brown finished eighth in the men's 100 metres dash, at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, Oregon, yesterday. The 20-year-old Trinidad and Tobago track star clocked a wind-assisted 10.14 seconds to bring up the rear in a star-studded field.

With a 3.4 metres per second wind at his back, Olympic 100m champion Justin Gatlin triumphed in 9.84 seconds. The American sprinter finished just ahead of Jamaica's Asafa Powell, who was also credited with a 9.84 clocking. Gatlin's compatriot Leonard Scott (9.94) copped third spot.

Bahamian Leevan Sands produced a wind-aided 17.16 metres effort to top the field in the men's triple jump. Among the athletes he competed against was American Chris Hercules, who finished fifth with a windy 16.45m jump.

Hercules, whose mother is Trinidadian, is hoping to compete for T&T at the July 8-11 CAC Senior Championships in Nassau, Bahamas and the August 6-14 World Track and Field Championships, in Helsinki, Finland.

"I visited Trinidad a long time ago, maybe 1988, but I live, eat and speak Trinidadian ... I would be proud to represent the country of my mother's birth."

However, Hercules, who was born in the United States, faces a dilemma.

"I won't be able to get a T&T passport until my mother restores her citizenship. She's working on it, but I'm not sure if I'll get a passport in time.

"I plan to compete at the (June 25 and 26) National Championships, in Trinidad," the jumper continued, "but my goal is to make it to the Worlds and to be a finalist there, so if the T&T option is not available, I'll compete at the (June 23-26) U.S. trials. I would prefer, though, if the T&T option comes up."

Hercules has a personal best of 16.90m in the triple jump, while his long jump PR (personal record) is 7.92m. The 16.90m effort, produced in California two weeks ago, is a full 20 centimetres better than the 16.70m World Championship "B" standard. The "A" standard is 17.10m.

"I plan to achieve the 'A' standard by the end of the month."

Twenty-six-year-old Hercules, a University of Texas graduate, represented the US at the 1997 Pan Am Junior Championships in Havana, Cuba and the 1998 World Junior Championships in Annecy, France.

Aaron Armstrong, 27, the son of former T&T Olympian Ainsley Armstrong, is also hoping to wear T&T colours at the World Championships. The elder Armstrong told the Express his son is in the process of getting a T&T passport. US-born Armstrong (Aaron) is a fine sprinter with PRs of 10.17 and 20.08 in the 100m and 200m, respectively. His mother is former US Olympian Debra Edwards.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 01:14:45 PM »
What is happeing to Brown of late? I knew he had been injured and is now getting back to form but is it realistic to say that at this time he is not in the same class as Powell?

Has he ever beaten Powell from Jamacia?
Why was Marc Burns not invited?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 01:23:26 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 02:03:28 PM »
Powell is definitely one of the top 3 sprinters in the world this year.  According to Brown's coach he will be ready for the World Championships and should make the final and probably medal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 12:43:03 PM »
boss burns beating brown now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 02:47:16 PM »
boss burns beating brown now.

very true...several coaches and national athletes believe that Burns is a better athlete than Brown but Brown is more disciplined.  I cant comment on Brown but from what I know about Burns, he is an excellent athlete with some attitude problems in the past.  But based on his recent performances it appears that those issues are things of the past and he has settled down.  I think they are both capable of making the finals at the WC but winning medals is not likely based on current form.  Hopefully they will peak in time while others may have peaked too early.  Asafa Powell and Gatlin will be the guys to beat.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Darrel Brown second to Powell in Melbourne.
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 03:42:08 AM »
Darrel Brown second to Powell in Melbourne.
By: Kwame Williams.
[/size]

T&T sprinters Darrel Brown and Marc Burns can be satisfied with their starts to this year’s outdoor track season after placing second and fourth respectively in the race No. 2 of the men’s 100 metres, yesterday at the Telstra Melbourne Track Classic in Melbourne, Australia.
Brown, the 100 metres gold medallist at the Central American and Caribbean Senior Championships last year, crossed the finish-line in 10.34 seconds, while Burns, last year’s World Athletics Final 100 metres champion, clocked 10.42.
Beating Brown to the tape was Jamaica’s world record-holder Asafa Powell, who returned to the track for the first time in seven months after suffering a groin injury. His time was 10.29 seconds, well outside his 9.77 world mark. Joshua Ross of Australia was third in 10.41.
Like most of the other participants in the race, the T&T sprint duo were using the meet to warm-up for the Commonwealth Games, which gets underway in Melbourne next Wednesday.
Also fine-tuning for Commonwealth were T&T’s Jacey Harper, Ato Modibo, Damion Barry and Sherridan Kirk.
In race No. 1 of the 400 metres, Modibo was second in 45.72 secs, with Nigeria’s James Godday winning in 45.65 secs. Damion Barry clocked 47.74 secs in race No. 2, which earned him seventh place.
Harper placed seventh in the men’s 200 metres (21.34), while Kirk was the seventh fastest in the men’s 800 metres (one minute, 48.32 secs).
“I was quite nervous out there,” Powell said to the Associated Press in an interview following his victory. “I haven’t been on the track for almost a year now. So I need the confidence but I’m the world record holder and I had to prove that I am.”
Powell broke the 100-metre world record by one hundredth of a second at a meet in Athens last year, and he also posted nine sub-10 second times during the 2005 season.
But Powell has yet to win a major international competition after finishing a disappointing fifth at the Athens Olympics—a result he is looking to reverse at the Commonwealth Games.
The Melbourne meet is one of 12 Grand Prix meets in the second tier of the new World Athletics Tour. The top group comprises six IAAF Golden League and six Super Grand Prix meets and culminates with the fourth World Athletics Final at Stuttgart, Germany.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 10:17:42 PM »
What is wrong with Darrel BROWN? Is it nerves? coaching or is this anothr case of our high performining athletes needing a sports psychologist to help some during   big event?

Why didn't TNT hire Ato as a consultant to work with these athletes?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:25:35 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel flops again at a major event
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 11:27:51 PM »
why have u not stated what has happened??
flopped? wat stage?

u made absolutely no sense alberta?

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 11:39:22 PM »
u make me go thru all kinda drama tuh find out dat brown came sixth in his heat in 10.79 seconds.

Why alyuh so??

Harper and Burns have advanced to the semis

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 11:42:06 PM »
Oh I thought it was obvious? Well Mr.Brown placed seventh  in the  second round of the  qualifying heats of the men's 100m. In a time of 10.79, he failed to qualify for the semis.

Asfa Powell won the heats in lane 2 while Brown was in Lane 6. The good news is that Marc Burns, Jacy Harper made in through.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 01:47:22 AM »
I don't understand what is brown's problem.  Burns is the more talented sprinter, however brown should not be running 10.79 unless he is injured.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
Trinidad Express
Brown injured out
Burns, Harper in 100 semis

Kwame Laurence Melbourne Â

Monday, March 20th 2006

In the third heat, Brown switched off his engine in mid-race, a right hamstring injury forcing the 21-year-old sprinter out of the 18th Commonwealth Games.

"The top of my hamstring grabbed," Brown told the Express, "and I backed off. In the first round it felt tight, so I thought it was just tightness. But the second round I don't know."

The Alabama-based sprinter was a very disappointed man, following his quarter-final elimination.

"I came out here to represent Trinidad and Tobago, and couldn't do it. Hopefully, I'll redeem myself later on in the season."

Brown crossed the line sixth in 10.79 seconds, well behind Jamaica's world record holder Asafa Powell, winner of the heat in 10.29.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 03:22:41 PM »
Hamstring is a real serious scene once yuh feel anything there is best yuh mash brakes...He have to watch dat...hope he recover fast...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 03:46:47 PM »
See boldon taking a shot at both brown and burns again talking about thier times were maybe not legit. It makes me wonder if he (ato) talks to them or even motivate them.

Ato
H.N.I.C

Trinidad and Tobago
632 Posts Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  12:57:43 PM             
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You didn't miss much.

I understand that it's MARCH and all but has there ever been a "major" race with less hype or excitement? Whew. Gatlin and Powell better start to talk trash soon or the 100m is going to be a huge bore - and quick! People are either looking for rivalries or times at a championship. This meet had neither. Not that it's Asafa's fault....

For all the crap we got for talking WR everyday and the HSI vs Donovan vs Mitchell vs whoever, you had to watch, and it was exciting. Asafa is definitely holding back alot (I suspect because that leg is not healed in his head yet) but wow what a boring series of rounds, capped off by a watching-paint-dry-final. Did Asafa himself even look excited about it? LOL. Hey Asafa you just won your first ever gold medal, bro! HI! HELLO! WHOOPEE!! ugh.

I would have preferred him to blow away my record with 4 people somewhere close by OR everyone run 10.20 and the top four be within .05 of each other. At least then you had to watch. In the US you call that race "mailing it in". Infama sorry if you are pissed but at least u know I say it when I see it without regard to friends or countries, just as I did with the subten controversy last year in Trinidad. (Hmm, how many sub10s and sub 10.15's by those involved in that race since then, again?)

I remember after Athens I think someone said MLF should be flogged. I disagree, that is not a fitting enough punishment. A former Ferrari, turned YUGO. IN fairness to MR COOL, this is a race he might have actually medalled in. You are tryin' to tell me that THAT start is the start you have when you know you absolutely can't jump...? If you want to see someone finding an "out" from a race, look no further. Anyone betting on this guy to do something in this lifetime will be broker than MC Hammer.

Let us run with patience this race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith - Hebrews 12: 1-2

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:34:45 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »
I already send BURNS congrats on his first major medal since yesterday, doh start ting....and I stand by what I said right there....just like I said last year.   These guys don't need any help, their coach is doing a great job. March is a tough month to run fast for anyone.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 05:58:44 PM »
yeah congrats to burns dere on he medal

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 06:17:43 PM »
I already send BURNS congrats on his first major medal since yesterday, doh start ting....and I stand by what I said right there....just like I said last year.   These guys don't need any help, their coach is doing a great job. March is a tough month to run fast for anyone.

ohhhhhhh so thats why i was running so slow today. i know it wasnt my fault
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 05:36:26 PM »

Yuh still stand by them comments ok well  ATO i hope burns and brown make you eat back them words  and  choke on them   ah want them fellas prove you wrong bad bad bad  In ah kind of indirect way you saying them fellas is not the real deal. >:(

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 05:54:28 PM »
I have followed track and field for a very long time and I agree with Ato about the sub-10 times Burns and Brown produced. Looking at their performances before and after that race, it leaves a lot of doubt in my mind. I am not agreeing because Ato said so..like some of you forumites...although Ato probably has probably more knowledge of the 100m than any other forumite.

I am not saying Burns and Brown are not good but if you look at the other times of the other athletes in that race and compare it to their otimes during that season you will realize there a strong possibility that was a problem with the timing devices.

I still think Burns and Brown are very talented especially Burns and they are capable of making us proud but they have some ways to go....there is Gatlin and Asafa...and there is everybody else as far as the 100m is concerned.

I am sure Ato won't mind eating his words because if he does then than would mean Burns and Brown are the real deal.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »
I know the man from back in the day when he use to train with Phoenix firebirds in arima Darrel Brown that is...Most talent sprinter I have ever seen...he makes it look effortless. But I think his weakness is his mind. He definitely needs to seek some professional help in this area.Once he gets that straight the sky is the limit

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 12:33:16 PM »
I have followed track and field for a very long time and I agree with Ato about the sub-10 times Burns and Brown produced. Looking at their performances before and after that race, it leaves a lot of doubt in my mind. I am not agreeing because Ato said so..like some of you forumites...although Ato probably has probably more knowledge of the 100m than any other forumite.

I am not saying Burns and Brown are not good but if you look at the other times of the other athletes in that race and compare it to their otimes during that season you will realize there a strong possibility that was a problem with the timing devices.

I still think Burns and Brown are very talented especially Burns and they are capable of making us proud but they have some ways to go....there is Gatlin and Asafa...and there is everybody else as far as the 100m is concerned.

I am sure Ato won't mind eating his words because if he does then than would mean Burns and Brown are the real deal.

You know what you are talking about. My other handle is INFAMA and Ato an I see eye to eye on this one. Ato never said that the 2 trinis are not talented. He said that there was likely a problem with the timer at that meet and he should know, as he has experience with meets in TnT and internationally.

Ato is already proven right, as NONE of the Trini runners matched those times later on in their peak in 2005. No shame in that as Bigga Thomas and Frater are yet to break 10s. However, Ato and I both agree that eventually (sooner rather than later) all the mentioned top guys will break through those times.

As to whether they will reach the heights of Asaf and Gatlin, well that remains to be seen. That is the glorious uncertainty of sport.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »
As a former track athlete, (I ran for trini in carifta games/CAC and full track scholarship in US). I also agree with the pts mentioned by Ato. I blaze some serious times back in 93/94, (not Ato times but decent still) but once I went abroad i never saw those times again (Take my share of cut ass). 

For the longest time, the NAAA was using hand times then adjusting to electronic times. Once they got the electronic time system, it was still suspect. You remember when Alvin daniel (not 100% sure on name) ran 9.99 or something in de stadium..

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »

You know what you are talking about. My other handle is INFAMA and Ato an I see eye to eye on this one. Ato never said that the 2 trinis are not talented. He said that there was likely a problem with the timer at that meet and he should know, as he has experience with meets in TnT and internationally.

Ato is already proven right, as NONE of the Trini runners matched those times later on in their peak in 2005. No shame in that as Bigga Thomas and Frater are yet to break 10s. However, Ato and I both agree that eventually (sooner rather than later) all the mentioned top guys will break through those times.

As to whether they will reach the heights of Asaf and Gatlin, well that remains to be seen. That is the glorious uncertainty of sport.

I get the impression that you think I said Ato said that Burns and Brown are not talented..please clear that up..i think i am misunderstanding the line in bold.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 09:16:03 PM »

I get the impression that you think I said Ato said that Burns and Brown are not talented..please clear that up..i think i am misunderstanding the line in bold.

Nah man he agreeing with you....

that part is aimed at triniman who claim Ato really making ah snide comment against Burns and Brown ability
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 08:16:39 AM »
FF,
I agree with yuh..that line throw mih off..i realise is triniman he talking about.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2006, 07:49:52 AM »
Thanks FF,

Yes RM, I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly.

Respex.

1]; } ?>