April 26, 2024, 08:12:01 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 120002 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel flops again at a major event
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
Fishs,

Are you more interested in being vindicated...or are you more intersted in uncovering the truth wherever it may lie?

What incentive would Ato have to defend Asafa or Gatlin???

I am not even Trini and I know Ato calls it as he sees it..right or wrong. I am sure all Trinis should know this by now. Indeed, I cant understand how is in politics, as this is a dangerous luxury that politicians are not normally afforded. I guess it is cause for some hope in the political process, eh?

Ato and I have had our differences of opinion, but I have always to respect his integrity in arguments.

Breds I am not about anything else but a lover of good clean sport be it synchronised swimming or motor gp.
I am old enough to form my own opinions and also big enough to admit when I am wrong. Ato may know these guys personally or not and he has his own reasons for saying whatever he wants or not.

To me this whole sport is mired in some kinda big money making racket at the Grand Prix level.
How could people run in races in one year and then in the same year get caugth in a world cahmpionships or olympics ?

Lets see how these rockets fare in the next Championships or olympics or if they don't end up with some injury before or some scooter accident.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 12:10:33 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2006, 03:14:46 AM »
OK,
Let's see.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2006, 07:14:26 AM »
Oh, by the way, you might want to change those season predictions for Brown and Burns.  That ent happening.  Brown sub ten would be nice enough.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2006, 07:45:24 AM »
Oh, by the way, you might want to change those season predictions for Brown and Burns.  That ent happening.  Brown sub ten would be nice enough.

oh gosh doh rub  it in nuh ARE YOU NOT disappointed ato yuh eh cussing  and saying what going on with these men yuh eh pissed? not even a 10 flat    >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2006, 12:49:08 PM »
No, remember when I cuss and get on (on my own damn website) reporters come and take my comments and put them as headlines on the sports page.  Then I am the jealous has been.  What a joke. LOL.

I wish someone would do an article on what the times have been since Trials in 2005.  Not a single sub ten for anyone, and places 3 and 4 have not so much as broken 10.20.  Must have been real magic in the stadium that night.

I'd rather be right than PC, as I said then. 

I ent vex.  Apparently Jamaicans are better than us.  Oh, yeah, Bahamas has a 10.0 sprinter now, too.  He got 2nd at CACs
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2006, 05:00:22 PM »
Ato in Jamaica track is taken serious.  in an asafa interview he said high schools in Jamaica has  pre season training. adn they train for champs They have certified track coaches at their top High schools and other schools PE teachers has a track and field background. Crawford mentioned once that Quarrie took him to a primary school meet once and it was packed. Do  high schools in Trinidad dint have a pre season ? just curious.

The Jamaicans are better because of their program and coaches
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 05:22:28 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2006, 09:29:30 PM »
Nope,

the Jakans are better because they have a far stronger tradition and more internal rivalry.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2006, 09:43:40 PM »
Ato in Jamaica track is taken serious.  in an asafa interview he said high schools in Jamaica has  pre season training. adn they train for champs They have certified track coaches at their top High schools and other schools PE teachers has a track and field background. Crawford mentioned once that Quarrie took him to a primary school meet once and it was packed. Do  high schools in Trinidad dint have a pre season ? just curious.

The Jamaicans are better because of their program and coaches

Back in my time mid 80s to mid 90s, QRC took track and field serious.  Cant think of any other school that did the same.  Track is not big like football in schools back home.  At Pres, there was Sports Day the Friday after Carnival..so nuff men still tight from the long weekend, running and whoever did well represented the school in zonals a few weeks later.  The only men who trained seriously were those attached to a club like Petrotrin and Brooklyn.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:44:00 AM by real madness »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2006, 10:55:24 PM »
Yup same thing here we ran at sports day zonals then nationals .no training at all i could have remember this was less that 10 years ago

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2006, 09:17:15 AM »
I think this is the cleanest era in a long while so who u think real on dope? Powell?  Gatlin?  Cuz no one else running anything to warrrant pointing a finger. Flo Jo was almost 20 years ago.

What now ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2006, 09:54:10 AM »
What now is that I don't think Gatlin is the only one.  I heard something yesterday which disturbed me about 2 big names.  We'll see.  Could be just rumour but time will tell.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2006, 11:50:57 AM »
What now is that I don't think Gatlin is the only one.  I heard something yesterday which disturbed me about 2 big names.  We'll see.  Could be just rumour but time will tell.

It might disturb you, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  De speeds people running cyar be normal...but you would know better since you in de sport and I really ignorant bout de eens and outs. 
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2006, 12:29:39 PM »

I always wondered about Maurice Greene...not out of any real suspicion but just wondered if Ato suspected or knew anything what he would do since it was his training partner.

The Americans aren't nearly quite as outraged as they should be when their athletes are caught and that doesn't help their reputation.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2006, 11:00:50 PM »
LOL if Mo was dirty u think them could ah pay me enough to hush my mouth....is me yuh talkin bout lol.....I would ah still be in Sydney asking where my gold medal lol.

FYI, if my mother was using I would rat she out.  Sorry mom, fire bun dopers. :rotfl:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2006, 11:20:56 PM »
LOL if Mo was dirty u think them could ah pay me enough to hush my mouth....is me yuh talkin bout lol.....I would ah still be in Sydney asking where my gold medal lol.

FYI, if my mother was using I would rat she out.  Sorry mom, fire bun dopers. :rotfl:
Lawd allyuh Trini mouth big eh  ;D

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »
Allyuh Trini?  The fact that yuh know how to say "allyuh" is very implicating.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
another magic carpet race wha yuh say ato :o
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:46:16 PM by DWarriorMan »

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown 10.02 in JA Invitational
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2007, 08:26:10 PM »
Would you consider this a good run based on this time of the year?
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2007, 01:15:59 AM »
Nah this ent no magic carpet at all - my magic carpet quote was when 10.4 and 10.5 men all ran 10.1 in the stadium......all the carry on they carry on and was vex with me for saying it, u see none ent run it since - but here is my quote from this week about Darrel from the other thread.

"Nah is early still. I more concerned about Kelly Ann first b4 them - they have endless time and to be honest my first relays used to be awful too esp. if I was coming off of hard hard training since October."

This is a great opener, his fastest opener ever and almost his PR from 4 years ago.  It means that this year is looking very, very good for him BUT the biggest thing is this STAY HEALTHY. Asafa is hurting a little and to me if Brown stays healthy he should run 9.9 mid to low this year which I think will win a Worlds Medal.

Now, remember not too high, not too low for fast or not so fast times in between now and then. Osaka is all that matters this year everything else is gravy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:21:47 AM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2007, 03:38:13 AM »
Nah this ent no magic carpet at all - my magic carpet quote was when 10.4 and 10.5 men all ran 10.1 in the stadium......all the carry on they carry on and was vex with me for saying it, u see none ent run it since - but here is my quote from this week about Darrel from the other thread.

"Nah is early still. I more concerned about Kelly Ann first b4 them - they have endless time and to be honest my first relays used to be awful too esp. if I was coming off of hard hard training since October."

This is a great opener, his fastest opener ever and almost his PR from 4 years ago.  It means that this year is looking very, very good for him BUT the biggest thing is this STAY HEALTHY. Asafa is hurting a little and to me if Brown stays healthy he should run 9.9 mid to low this year which I think will win a Worlds Medal.

Now, remember not too high, not too low for fast or not so fast times in between now and then. Osaka is all that matters this year everything else is gravy.

ATO,
I dunno why you bother answer people bout that. The evidence is overwhelming that you called it right. The hopers dont like to hear it, but its not a case of believing, simply a case of going where the evidnce takes us.

Nice opener for DB. The training is paying off well. I believe that Safa is playing possum though, as is Sherone. DB was too in his previous relays...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2007, 07:19:53 AM »
Ok well i want to see burns opening time . I think brown should run a few 200 at meets....

Ato that may mean 9.86 could fall... on the other site they said he eased up
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:20:46 AM by DWarriorMan »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2007, 09:13:38 AM »
Ok well i want to see burns opening time . I think brown should run a few 200 at meets....

Dont go from panic and killing him to predicting that massive a drop in time.

Appreciate the path he is on and enjoy the ride.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »

come on but it is possible for him to run that time before the end of the season  he is capable ent...

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »

come on but it is possible for him to run that time before the end of the season  he is capable ent...

Too early to tell.

He seems a sure sub10, but sub9.9s is another matter. Time will tell. Wait till we have more evidence.

I have the vid, but I need Thor to host it. PM me with your email addy and I can send it to you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2007, 07:44:48 PM »
can anyone post the video of brown´s race ?
thanks

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2007, 11:47:58 PM »
Daryn and Dwarriorman now have the video.

They can distribute to those interested.

Rgds to all.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2007, 01:22:23 AM »
I could hardly make out the runners. What place was he?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2007, 01:45:53 AM »
Many vids from the meet posted at:

http://folk.uio.no/perel/

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2007, 04:32:57 AM »
Wasn't any shut down in that, not with the guy to his left that "close".

I think if he stays healthy all year and is in all the hot races 9.86 is definitely under threat.  Would I bet my money on it? Nah, but it wouldn't be a total shock.  It happens.  Right wind, right night, who knows, but sub 9.9s happen after you have lived in 9.9 land for a little while (or unless you are Fasuba)
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>