April 30, 2024, 02:29:06 AM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 120355 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: darrel brown
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha  Not one LEGAL time under 10 secs EXCEPT for that fake run in the T&T trials.  who vex lorse, yuh cyar argue with FACTS!

There are many, many athletes in all disciplines that excel at youth level and do not translate to senior levels..MANY!

Brown had great potential and I had high hopes, the hopes petered out as did Brown.

Sorry, but it is what it is.

As for me, yes I have won many races at 1500 m and was High school champion.  I also represented my country ina different sport at junior and senior levels.

That said I am not talking about me, no one is claiming that I was a world beater at any time nor did anyone claim that I was going to challenge Bolt...hahahahaha what a f**king joke.

9.88 in a hurricane tail wind is nutten to crow about and will never register as a record.

Who the hell is crying him down?  Is the f**king jokey supporters who keep crowing that he is some world beater that can't face the truth.  Brown is NOT going to be any champion again IN THIS LIFETIME...in any individual race.  NEVER!

he runs this Saturday in T&T ....thought you might be interested ... . So who are your heroes ?

truetrini

« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha  Not one LEGAL time under 10 secs EXCEPT for that fake run in the T&T trials.  who vex lorse, yuh cyar argue with FACTS!

There are many, many athletes in all disciplines that excel at youth level and do not translate to senior levels..MANY!

Brown had great potential and I had high hopes, the hopes petered out as did Brown.

Sorry, but it is what it is.

As for me, yes I have won many races at 1500 m and was High school champion.  I also represented my country ina different sport at junior and senior levels.

That said I am not talking about me, no one is claiming that I was a world beater at any time nor did anyone claim that I was going to challenge Bolt...hahahahaha what a f**king joke.

9.88 in a hurricane tail wind is nutten to crow about and will never register as a record.

Who the hell is crying him down?  Is the f**king jokey supporters who keep crowing that he is some world beater that can't face the truth.  Brown is NOT going to be any champion again IN THIS LIFETIME...in any individual race.  NEVER!

he runs this Saturday in T&T ....thought you might be interested ... . So who are your heroes ?
I have few heroes, I don't need heroes.    He will run in T&T, he could win in T&T and run a sub 10 again, he will be the best he can be, and thats all I expect and hope for.  I am realistic about his abilities and thats it.  He can be a valuable part of the relay team...nothing more do I expect.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
I find allyuh real crying down TC for real though, when the man just calling a spade a spade. A lot of people confuse patriotism or assumed lack thereof with a man quoting facts on this board, like for instance the man who say we crying down our athletes to big up man like bolt. That in fact is one of the reasons I doh post, men get really incensed and go off on a tangent.

But truth is truth, 1. all this focus on what Brown COULD do he hasn't actually done anything yet, and more or less in any event the standard we had measured his potential translating into future times still inadequate because no one foresaw the jump from 9.9-9.8 to 9.5 which is where we at right now. So even if he could make a 9.8 two years from now where u think that 9.5 time will be?

2. I feel too much time wasting talking about the current crop that fizzling out the shelf life on ave short for sprinters their time gone besides which, if i recall correctly after them men turn Pro, when certain men was trying to help Brown and even Burns run faster by advising them to do more 400s and participate in 200 competitions them fellas coast on the advice so they are where they want to be... but i digress... just now we ent go even have a proper relay if we can't get some 17-20yr olds to develop their craft to be in a 9.8 range NOW so that by time 2016 we on top.

And I saying this having trained and limed with both Brown AND Burns no malice towards either we tight, I hope they all eat ah food! looking back Brown shoulda stay in school longer maybe build up his core strength to not have been so injury prone, either way he'da have a degree to fall back on and by ext not be so illiterate. I feel Burns made the best of what he had though he could have been better had he listen to certain advices earlier in his career.
But neither of them going to do anything consistently if at all.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

truetrini

« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
TriniItalian, let them chat.  I doh ahte none ah we athletes, but this almost godlike stature attributed to Browwn is real annoying., I agree that Burns did more with what he was given than Brown, that said Brown had a medal at a major meet, a silver too boot at world championships....something few trini athletes have.

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
http://www.sknaaa.com/results/nationalinvitational2011/

:(
the 100m open db 10.31,,with the delay of the champs, could he still be in shape or is he just not peaking fast enough?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:42:06 PM by keelz »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2011, 07:52:35 AM »
Even Aaron Armstrong beating Brown..........call a spade a spade Trinity!!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »
He has run 4 races now and hasn't pulled up lame ... I remain a believer!!!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »
He has run 4 races now and hasn't pulled up lame ... I remain a believer!!!

I second that.

Actually its is 5 races as he came back to anchor our 4x1 squad.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
wont be long now ..... we shall see what he is made of ... ah notice de doubters getting scarcer after every race . I saw him last time ....nothing to shout about yet ...but I cringed when he held his leg after the race ...he was ok though ... I was sitting next to hasley and we both thought he might have pulled something.

...he get ah injury and took some time to come back ...so dey throw him out ..dey throw him out
..he say " I trying again " .. but he always in pain ..so dey throw him out ..dey throw him out ..
what he do ? ..... ( sung to the Benjai blockbuster )
I eh giving up !!!  :beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »
wont be long now ..... we shall see what he is made of ... ah notice de doubters getting scarcer after every race . I saw him last time ....nothing to shout about yet ...but I cringed when he held his leg after the race ...he was ok though ... I was sitting next to hasley and we both thought he might have pulled something.

...he get ah injury and took some time to come back ...so dey throw him out ..dey throw him out
..he say " I trying again " .. but he always in pain ..so dey throw him out ..dey throw him out ..
Very early considering that he has only ran 4 races. Appears to be distant from his best days. At this point a healthy season and a 10.1s will be a positive sign. Until I see a 10.0s, then I will gladly say we boy is back!

Dont know much about the quality of his coaching and training partner. But once he is 100% healthy, I think the next step will be to move on to a better training camp.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »

Very early considering that he has only ran 4 races. Appears to be distant from his best days. At this point a healthy season and a 10.1s will be a positive sign. Until I see a 10.0s, then I will gladly say we boy is back!

Dont know much about the quality of his coaching and training partner. But once he is 100% healthy, I think the next step will be to move on to a better training camp.
I agree . Injury and mind woes are very difficult to overcome.

truetrini

« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
he eh doing shit...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
 :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 28, 2011, 05:54:06 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4da5nUhrJY&feature=related

Brown we begging yuh stay healthy this yr and next yr you will look something like this

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 28, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4da5nUhrJY&feature=related

Brown we begging yuh stay healthy this yr and next yr you will look something like this

You open up a can of worms with this one. Lets not give the ignorant posters (aint calling any names) a license to start knocking DB!

I heard he is supposed to be running in the next 2 weeks. Can anyone confirm?

truetrini

« Reply #375 on: June 28, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »
STEUPS..!  I am unsure Brown beating Kelly Ann next year!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 28, 2011, 08:30:26 PM »

See what I mean. If you show a baby candy, you have to give it to him. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »

See what I mean. If you show a baby candy, you have to give it to him. 

He is a faithful fan isn't he?

truetrini

« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »

show yuh girl...I will show she candy not dat harlay yuh sporting

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »

Lol. All in all. I am starting to realize that your presence on this topic gives it some character. So no worries. I just find it kind of peculiar, that any post on DB is always followed by "my grandmother go beat he" or "KAB go beat he" or "I could beat he". He of course has defied your expectations for this year and will probably continue to do so.

You might not realize this, but your overall views on track and field become less credible whenever you post these rants. Most of all, as DB continues to defy you, your credibility and views on track and field become worthless. Currently, most of us scroll past your posts, even when it is not DB related. So the lessen to be learned, the more races DB runs, the more your opinions become less valued. 

truetrini

« Reply #380 on: June 29, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »

Lol. All in all. I am starting to realize that your presence on this topic gives it some character. So no worries. I just find it kind of peculiar, that any post on DB is always followed by "my grandmother go beat he" or "KAB go beat he" or "I could beat he". He of course has defied your expectations for this year and will probably continue to do so.

You might not realize this, but your overall views on track and field become less credible whenever you post these rants. Most of all, as DB continues to defy you, your credibility and views on track and field become worthless. Currently, most of us scroll past your posts, even when it is not DB related. So the lessen to be learned, the more races DB runs, the more your opinions become less valued. 

defy me?  How so?  he as fast as burnt molasses as it pertains to top runners...steups.  He has NO FACKINMG chance of making any finals of note except if almost the entire field false starts...and then he will pull up lame.  PUHLEEZE!

yuh talking ta-ta...Is allyuh Brown nosers who becoming less credible is year after year after facking year ah hearing about the second and third coming ah de T&T track messiah and he cyar reach yet....

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2011, 06:08:17 AM »
What is wrong with calling a spade a spade?

Darryl Brown has shown no form to even suggest that he was assured of placing in the top 5 if we had our National Championships. 

RT, MB, KB, RS, AA, EC all have to ability to beat him now, so a top 3 would have surprised me alot.

In fact, if he makes our relay team, he will be making it on reputation alone..........

ah love it!!

truetrini

« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2011, 07:00:31 AM »
What is wrong with calling a spade a spade?

Darryl Brown has shown no form to even suggest that he was assured of placing in the top 5 if we had our National Championships. 

RT, MB, KB, RS, AA, EC all have to ability to beat him now, so a top 3 would have surprised me alot.

In fact, if he makes our relay team, he will be making it on reputation alone..........

ah love it!!

I feel is ah setta shit cogging dey brains.  I real sick and tired ah de old talk about.."This is Brown year."  "watch de ride he coming back,"  "The man have real potential," "once he injury fee, he go shock people and challenge Bolt and Asafa...(and now gay)'  blah blah blah.

I would love if one quarter of dat was true....seriously..I is ah true trini..buh please stp with de constant hero worship...oh gosh

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2011, 07:33:22 AM »
Mr Andre Samuel , while I understand your point , Ithink that you need to look back on the history of Trinity cross post , You will notice it is not calling a spade a spade but just a vigilante attack, There is a line between calling a spade a spade and personal attacks, In his Case is personal attacks , The topic could be so far from DB as the other posts would show and Trinity Cross always seems to have an obsession with DB. How healthy could that be. As for him critisizinfg DB in this post about DB I have no problem with that he is free to voice his opinion. But why people dont take him on because it is like his record stick , If we started a topic about Kamla, start a Topic about Obama , Trinity Cross will find a way to switch the topic to DB. So before you go defending ,  the indefensible please look at the History, Or is it a bug going around in trinidad at this time where we stand behind the indefensible.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 30, 2011, 07:35:49 AM »
Just some food for thought, here are the 2011 SB times for our top 7 100m athletes

KB - 9.93
RT - 10.01
RS - 10.18
DB - 10.22 (In Marabella - the only athlete with a SB in trinidad, so that questionable in my view)
EC - 10.25
AA - 10.27
MB - 10.30

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 30, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »
RT 10.01 very fast track ,  all the athletes at that meet ran SB , which five of them has not been able to reproduce since . so questionable in my eyes

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 30, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »
Mr Andre Samuel , while I understand your point , Ithink that you need to look back on the history of Trinity cross post , You will notice it is not calling a spade a spade but just a vigilante attack, There is a line between calling a spade a spade and personal attacks, In his Case is personal attacks , The topic could be so far from DB as the other posts would show and Trinity Cross always seems to have an obsession with DB. How healthy could that be. As for him critisizinfg DB in this post about DB I have no problem with that he is free to voice his opinion. But why people dont take him on because it is like his record stick , If we started a topic about Kamla, start a Topic about Obama , Trinity Cross will find a way to switch the topic to DB. So before you go defending ,  the indefensible please look at the History, Or is it a bug going around in trinidad at this time where we stand behind the indefensible.

Good point Juss. I hear where Andre Samuel is coming from though. I do agree DB still has a lot to do in order to win us over.

As for Trinity, if we were to get an objective person to read his posts, he or she will probably conclude that there is indeed a problem with this guy. I dont know Trinity, but I am pretty sure he is a decent guy outside of these posts. But I never seen so much obsession and commitment to personally attack someone.

As for the times. Let me remind you, out of those 7 guys only one has been inactive for almost two years. Only one has experienced injury year after year. For DB to come back year after year and run half decent times, shows that his career is not done. Carmelita Jeter experienced a similar period of injuries from 2002-2007. She was written off just like DB. However, at the age of 27 she made her first impact. Now she is one of the worlds  top 5.

The point here is that DB career is not over. Sure that 10.22 is suspect, but I believe that was his 3rd race in almost two years. Last I checked all of those runners have at least 10 competitive races on top of DB. So for him to be available to compete, is a sign that he still has a career. Can he join the ranks of the top 5? As it stands probably not. However, I am not ruling him out. I guarantee that 10.22 will not be his best time for the year.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 30, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »
Hold on here fellas, let's be balanced here!!

Why is this thread for DB already 4 pages long and I can't see a similar length thread for any of our other talented athletes?

What has DB done to put T&T athletics on the map lately above our other athletes?!

And no I’m not a DB hater! This obsession with DB is now getting ridiculous!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2011, 05:04:45 PM »
The unfair debasing by others makes it a long thread.

Why is he so special?? When you go to the iaaf website and look at world records, who is the only Trinbagonian listed?

truetrini

« Reply #389 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »
Wait They have world records for the most injuries by a sprinter?  Nice going Brown!

1]; } ?>