April 20, 2024, 02:47:58 AM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 119441 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D. Brown
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:13 AM »
hmm glad 2see he is coming back 2 form!!! now i will say this! some may take this as a joke! but...mark my words!! darrel brown will hit d 9.5  mark! i dont know wen..but i do no it will happen soon! the mark i saw was 9.51! i saw!(i have no knowledge of track and field)..so i can be refuted!..but the reason for my belief and saying is that...i saw it!! 2years ago! or 3years ago! mind you it was a vision! and it was real!!. so gradually seeing his progress!! especially being injury free! is a plus!! just hope he remains so!!

It's posts like these that made Trinity say the things he said about Brown

EXACTLY!! and then men will say I doh like de man.  Steups...He cyar make 9.5 unless he running a 89 meter race....if is ah real 100 he need a Harley Davidson motorcycle to make that.

lol. The thing is that 10.04 with 2.9m/s is still a sign of improvement. I am predicting a legal 10.0s for DB by the end of the season. Trust me, the relay will be DB-KB-MB-RT or KB-MB-DB-RT. MB will show up some time soon. If not EC or AA will replace. They breaking the national record with a 37.4s once MB in the line up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:54:02 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
hmm glad 2see he is coming back 2 form!!! now i will say this! some may take this as a joke! but...mark my words!! darrel brown will hit d 9.5  mark! i dont know wen..but i do no it will happen soon! the mark i saw was 9.51! i saw!(i have no knowledge of track and field)..so i can be refuted!..but the reason for my belief and saying is that...i saw it!! 2years ago! or 3years ago! mind you it was a vision! and it was real!!. so gradually seeing his progress!! especially being injury free! is a plus!! just hope he remains so!!

I love the optimism. Now we have a race for the nationals!
That is not optimism, that is spiritualism...or maybe insanity!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »
Steups!!

Brown have to run ah few 10.0x outside of trinidad for me to even consider him a contender for a spot on the worlds team.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 01, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »
Carefull truetrini, people might either feel that someone else hacked into your profile or that you have "split personality, lol

But i know that this is how u felt all along!!

ah love it!!

ent?  lol.

When I saw that line I remeber that line in gladiator when Maximus say to Proximo "Are you in danger of becoming a good man" ... I know random now leave me alone lol

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
This is a Great Sign people The man ran more this season than he ran in the Past 5yrs. He hungry to prove the doubters wrong. After than Hampton 100m he knew it went all wrong from the start. He was like a snail out the blocks. This will do alot for his confidence

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
Where the video of his 10.04?!  :o
Can anyone help?  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 01, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »

EXACTLY!! and then men will say I doh like de man.  Steups...He cyar make 9.5 unless he running a 89 meter race....if is ah real 100 he need a Harley Davidson motorcycle to make that.

lol. The thing is that 10.04 with 2.9m/s is still a sign of improvement. I am predicting a legal 10.0s for DB by the end of the season. Trust me, the relay will be DB-KB-MB-RT or KB-MB-DB-RT. MB will show up some time soon. If not EC or AA will replace. They breaking the national record with a 37.4s once MB in the line up.

37.4?? Yuh serious?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 01, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »

37.4?? Yuh serious?

Yeah. NR is 37.62. 37.4s aint that far off. With KB improving and a fit DB, a 37.4s NR is possible far. Dont worry Willi, that 37.4s wont be enough to catch JA.  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 01, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »
Man say he get visions yes !  :rotfl: well yes  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2011, 08:49:46 AM »
Man say he get visions yes !  :rotfl: well yes  ::)

Puncheon does do dat yuh know. I rememba ah fella in TT saying dat he does get wise after couple shots  :rotfl:

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2011, 09:26:12 AM »
Somehow I find myself backing him for a good time tomorrow.

Despite what some may think, I have no dislike for him at all.   I am just tired we keep hearing this will be his year for the past 5 years.

I am hoping that he runs better than he has done so far for the year.
I hope you wore your I love darrel brown Tshirt ;D

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 03, 2011, 02:42:16 AM »
Post of the year. No-one not named Bolt has ever even run a wind aided 9.5. Lawd.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 03, 2011, 06:42:18 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg</a>

FOOTAGE
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:42:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 03, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »
Looks good and the encouraging thing is that there's much improvement to be made esp in the drive phase. Providing he stays healthy I believe he will be sub 10 next season. I just hope Marc can come back now but we will have a solid relay team. Despite everything I still favor Emmanuel Callender for 3rd leg. He has shown both 2008 Olympics and '09 world champs that he can hold  his own on that leg.

My sole hope is for Darrel Brown to stay healthy because it's only then that the times will drop.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
Nice run.
With better flexibility he can truly open up that stride to get to that next level.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 03, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »
Thanks for the video link Paceman!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg</a>

DB looked relaxed! I feel he doing his best to avoid injury this season!
If all goes to plan allyuh watch man stop to beat pan and take pictures in the 100m Olympic finals next year and still break Bolt's World record!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:45:29 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 03, 2011, 12:03:51 PM »
LOL Let's take one race at a time and let's just pray he stays healthy. I can't wait to see that stride increase and turnover rate increase but that will come with time and good health. If he can brush up on the drive phase and a lil technical things he will definitely go sub-10 next season. He already has a 'great to watch' flowing and relaxed technique. Providing he stays injury free it will push the others to do better.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 03, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »
I am just happy that he is having an injury free season, Time does not matter or even making the team for this year world does not matter , I really hope if he does that he only run the relay and take it slowly as not to over extend his body until his body is ready to handle that level of competition. The big picture is London 2012

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 03, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
I agree.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »
Thanks for the video link Paceman!

DB looked relaxed! I feel he doing his best to avoid injury this season!
If all goes to plan allyuh watch man stop to beat pan and take pictures in the 100m Olympic finals next year and still break Bolt's World record!  ;)

Its amazing how Trinis love DB. Despite all his trials Trinis continue to believe in him. If you were to ask Trini's what sporting accomplishment they will like to see, they would probably say qualify for the 2014 Brazil (considering the difficulty to make the hex) or Brown beat Bolt. Both seem a little distant right now. But one thing I know is that there are no certainties in sports.

Brown ran a good race. He executed well. I think he knows what he needs to do to win. If you compare him to the other competitors in the race, he is the only one not pushing his body to the limits. I think we will see something special from him soon.

This win sets up an interesting 100m final at the nationals. DB's race has definitely gotten the attentions of RT, AA, RS, KB, MB and EC. Depending on the conditions, expect a couple of pb's.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:45:50 AM by Socapro »

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 03, 2011, 03:50:33 PM »
im glad 2 see he is running healthy!! again, with not much effort!.....i for one, never once give up on him..and won't now.. because i believe db is  doing someting! special! which is never giving up! on your dreams!!, trust in god, and all things will come on to you if you have faith!..and he is showing it!! one day at a time!!
May god bless him.. and continue 2 guide him!! .... ill say...cause right now trinidad and tobago in general and sports in general to.. need somting 2 up lift us the way shit is going right now in this country!!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 03, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
Right now in terms of sport we doh have much to believe in ... to me he look stiff actually but like I said before it just good to see him running again injury free ... he not looking really explosive and I don't think he'll break 10 seconds this season... I just want him to stay injury free this season and I will be happy  ... wouldnt mind seeing him try a two hundred his top end speed looking ordinary at best.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2011, 06:10:37 PM »
Right now in terms of sport we doh have much to believe in ... to me he look stiff actually but like I said before it just good to see him running again injury free ... he not looking really explosive and I don't think he'll break 10 seconds this season... I just want him to stay injury free this season and I will be happy  ... wouldnt mind seeing him try a two hundred his top end speed looking ordinary at best.

I dont think his top end was displayed in this race. I think he was just trying to finish with a good time.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:41 AM »

So easily u have forgetton the efforts of kelly ann this season?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 04, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
Lol yeh true that- Kelly Ann is doing great but for some reason I'd love for people to continue to underestimate her so that she can shock them. I'm not referring to you Ngozi but people on next sites who always leave her out and put Kerron Stewart or lalova in front of her... Both of whom are very talented but are on the road back from injury. I just hope she can stay healthy and fulfill her potential. I would love for her to make the finalfirst and foremost and a medal would top it off.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2011, 07:48:11 AM »
Lol yeh true that- Kelly Ann is doing great but for some reason I'd love for people to continue to underestimate her so that she can shock them. I'm not referring to you Ngozi but people on next sites who always leave her out and put Kerron Stewart or lalova in front of her... Both of whom are very talented but are on the road back from injury. I just hope she can stay healthy and fulfill her potential. I would love for her to make the finalfirst and foremost and a medal would top it off.

Trust me, KAB winning a medal is not far fetched. I think there is a strong possibility that she will leave Daegu with 2 medals (100 & 4x100).

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »

Trust me, KAB winning a medal is not far fetched. I think there is a strong possibility that she will leave Daegu with 2 medals (100 & 4x100).
It's not far fetched at all!!! However she has never made a world's final so I think that should be the priority but that's just my opinion. She has put in the work and I pray that she medals because the focus is there and the work has been put in. All in good time... I really hope the women's relay can get those exchanges right because if that happens they can certainly medal.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

So easily u have forgetton the efforts of kelly ann this season?

I haven't forgotten her Andre she is the only one who is running well ....and Bledman to an extent ... I'm looking for her to make both finals the 100 and the 200 there is a possibility of medals in both ... believe it or not I still think we haven't seen the best of her as yet ...... !!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:31:03 PM by Ngozi »

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Fact at Hampton Darrel was a bit scared to get hurt. He is letting it go bit by bit still a mental thing believing he would get hurt. When last you see the youth man smile like that after a race he is beginnig to believe that this season will finally be an injury free one. Still working on that start as well. You all will see him let it loose come seniors Watchhhhhhhh ;D

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2011, 03:15:49 PM »
Great to hear that Pace! About KAB- I'd prefer her to concentrate on the 100m and relay. I think the double would be a lot plus the relay... woo that's plenty. It's up to her at the end of the day how she gauges her physical condition. I mean at the last worlds she ran 3 rounds 100m then 2/3rounds 200m then a 1st round in the 4x100m so by the final she was being left by Shelly Ann and Chandra(notorious for her 2nd leg sprinting) on the back stretch. Had she not taken part in the 200 she could have possibly stayed with them. However she is stronger now so she may do better.
I would want Semoy to run EITHER 100m OR 200m but not both. It's been an extremely long season for her and I don't want her to get injured at all because she has a bright future ahead. Plus in order for our relay team to stand any chance we need them to be in decent form and not overly exhausted. I just hope that the right decisions are made.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:39:37 AM by Trini1 »

1]; } ?>