March 29, 2024, 08:12:11 AM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 118426 times)

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
Re: D. Brown
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2011, 03:40:29 AM »
breds pan am, cac and commonwealth is joke meets now  steups

Commonwealth is a joke meet? Be for real na Trinity the only reason the meet was a bit low quality last year was of the harzards India had. Commonwealth will always be a big Championship meet.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:02 AM »
Now that the Worlds have almost equal footing with Olimpic TF, the Common wealth and even PanAm TF have slid down the pecking order.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
The definition of GLOBAL final means that Pan Am and CAC are excluded. Commonwealth Games is a shadow of its former glory.  Look the final 8 from '09 and this year's 100m final to come, and tell me which of them run in their home against much inferior competition, and then come make a GLOBAL final.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:35:27 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
The definition of GLOBAL final means that Pan Am and CAC are excluded. Commonwealth Games is a shadow of its former glory.  Look the final 8 from '09 and this year's 100m final to come, and tell me which of them run in their home against much inferior competition, and then come make a GLOBAL final.

Yeah that is true. The finalist in Pan Am, CAC and commonwealth rarely make the global final.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2011, 01:35:26 AM »
I did say that. You can find it somewhere in my post history.

Let me start with your RT vs DB part first. DB has infinitely more mileage, and worse, it's hard mileage from a VERY young age. RT's issues are leg/core strength and willingness to hurt in REAL over-distance training, not mileage. Not even close to the same on the odometer.

I have said before that the fact that DB set all those age group records is precisely why his body has had enough. No-one knows what his body feels like because he ALONE has set those records and taken his body there in human history. It makes him unique, for better or worse.

I have said he will not factor other than relay duty simply because his body can't take what is needed to put together a FULL INTERNATIONAL SEASON. That requires travel, weird food, different time zones, cold weather, uncomfortable beds etc etc etc.

It's the accumulation of half, quarter and non-seasons why he is where he is now. If Darrel ran 10.01 to win trials this weekend, in my mind the clock would start to tick to injury . Look at his past 7 years and you will see it, don't take what I say as so.

Also - and I have never seen this written, the reports from MVP to me about Darrel's work ethic or lack thereof were shocking to me (and typical of young stars, since similar things have been said of his British equivalent, Mark Lewis-Francis).

Darrel's body is not capable of handling a season at the highest level in that event. That is what I mean. We have almost a decade of evidence to support that.

I understand the fans support when he runs a time which sort of looks like an improvement - that is a good thing - but the standard for what is a good race and a good time is skewed badly around here. I find myself looking at the film 5 and 6 times to see if I am seeing the same tape some are writing about.

If he and Ashwin turn this around it will be a first in the history of a young sprint star. Ask the Brits and the Jamaicans.

The thing that anyone with an eye can see is that Darrel is no longer explosive. Years of pulling up have put a sort of limiter on him I think where his movement has become very, very limited, both with legs and arms.  Look at his 2002 Wj win, and look at him from 2011.

P.S. Jai I know u doh give pips easy, so I appreciat

\

Understandable but does Darrel have to run an entire season to be a factor ?? Why cant it be shorten it and be home based. He may not travel as much but cant he be ready for 4 good rounds?  The sport is also going to be cleaned up in a matter of weeks as well, because we both know some big names are going to call. History says Darrel may disapoint most of us again but he has ran 7 or 8 times this yr already most he has ever ran in the past 6yrs, isnt this something we shuould look at. He was always the athlete to run less and win more. Now Ato dont take what i am saying wrong here but you dont think he will make a Goblal final again on any level...Pan am... Commonwealth ...CAC...Wrolds ..Olympics  cause if he does and medals i think thats being a factor.

Shorten his season? ... you can't baby a man  to win a war! We glad to see him running but the facts remain if his body can't handle running a season then there is nothing to indicate  that he can sneak into a final in this most grueling of races!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:41:24 AM by Ngozi »

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/6468lee#p/u/1/B3AwQPYnusI

question,,,being that there were just 2 races (semi's & finals) did Darrel go a lil too easy on this semi? cause he practically walked that,,has me wondering had he been a lil more aggressive would the result be different??.......can sum1 help? :-[

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
So it’s official Darrel Brown not going to Worlds at the end of this month as he did not make the top 3 in the 100m national trials over the weekend even though he attained the ‘A’ qualifying standard!!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for Darrel in the long term?
Let’s keep in mind the Olympics is in London next year and this year might have been Darrel's first injury free season in many years and he is just starting to show signs that he could get himself into sub-10 shape next year in time for Olympics!!

What do you guys think?

Will Darrel make the team next year?

Is he going to teach Bolt a lesson as Jason23 has promised?!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:11:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »
So it’s official Darrel Brown not going to Worlds at the end of this month as he did not make the top 3 in the 100m national trials over the weekend even though he attained the ‘A’ qualifying standard!!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for Darrel in the long term?
Let’s keep in mind the Olympics is in London next year and this year might have been Darrel's first injury free season in many years and he is just starting to show signs that he could get himself into sub-10 shape next year in time for Olympics!!

What do you guys think?

Will Darell make the team next year?

Is he going to teach Bolt a lesson as Jason23 has promised?!

If we all had a crystal ball we'll be able to answer your question, and that goes for all other T&T sprinters.
Anything can happen but a good foundation and coaching will only help. The man had a respectable season - just coming back from a serious hip injury to sprinting in the 10.1s/10.0s wind-aided is a hell of a comeback for any sprinter and shows the man's willpower.

There are some obvious things he and his coach(es) need to get straight though - the on/off good start for one. Also his "smooth", powerful, pitter-patter stride that was sufficient to rule the junior ranks will not cut it at the next level. There needs to be a better balance of flexibility to go with his power. He appears so muscle bound and his legs/calves so "thick" that the extension in his stride is hindered. There is no comparison to RT's stride in full flight, allowing RT (with the same leg speed) to pull away from him and the rest of the T&T competition.

As with all the other T&T sprinters DB needs more over distance (200/300/400) to be incorporated in training if not in early season competition to improve late race stamina as well as to inure his legs from susceptible injuries. Once those fundamentals can be addressed, all the "ole talk" above can be entertained.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:16:50 PM by STMB »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 15, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
Nice interview with D. Brown from earlier in the season!

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/videos/Back-home--122680589.html

<a href="http://media.bimvid.com/designvideo/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://media.bimvid.com/designvideo/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf</a>

Wishing him all the best for next year!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »
Hey Fellas!

I find the selectors have been unfair to Darrel Brown!

The man clocked 10.13 in the Trials 100m final and placed 6th in front of Sorrillo so at least he should have been taken as part of the 6-man 4 x 100m relay squad!

Not taking anything away from Sorrillo as he's our new 200m champion with a 20.16 PB but how could the selectors put Sorrillo in front of Darrel on the 4 x 100m relay squad when Sorrillo only ran a 10.17 in the 100 final as compared to Darrel's 10.13 and also considering that Darrel already ran a 10.04 SB a few weeks ago?

Are things so tight with money that we can’t afford to take all of our best candidates for the 4 x 100m relay squad even though they all have the 'A' qualifying 100m standard?

Unless there are serious money issues I feel the NAAATT are being short sighted here by not taking Darrel along as a member of our 4 x 100m relay squad because the squad is stronger with Darrel on it than it is with Sorrillo.

Poor Darrel, he must be a bit heartbroken right now that he is not even going as part of the relay squad even though he is in our top 6 with the 100m ‘A’ standard but I hope he keeps strong and determined and with God’s blessings has an even better injury free season next year in time for the Olympics!

Darrel Brown 10.04 SB
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G-uf4qSWZOg</a>
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:50:37 AM by Socapro »

truetrini

« Reply #490 on: August 15, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »
unfair my ass.  He he do nutten but get cut arse when it mattered.  steups..allyuh keep fooling allyuh self nah.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »
unfair my ass.  He he do nutten but get cut arse when it mattered.  steups..allyuh keep fooling allyuh self nah.

:beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 15, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

Nah TC! Check the times clocked by all the men in that Trials 100m final!

Darrel clocked 10.13 as opposed to Sorrillo's 10.17 and was the 6th fastest in that race in front of Sorrillo.
Also bear in mind that DB clocked 10.04 just a couple weeks earlier and is rounding into top form!
I don’t think Sorrillo has run anything close to Darrel’s times in the 100m all season.

DB deserved to go as a member of the 6-man 4 x 100m relay squad especially as he would have been one of the most experienced members in that squad where contributing to our 4 x 100m relay team winning medals in the past is concerned!

I am not a blind DB fanatic but on this one I am convinced that our NAAATT got it wrong but it’s still not too late for them to change their mind as it will only strengthen our squad’s chances in the 4 x 100m relay!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:28:04 PM by Socapro »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
Hey Fellas!

The man clocked 10.13 in the Trials 100m final and placed 6th in front of Sorrilo so at least he should have been taken as part of the 6-man 4 x 100m relay squad!

Not taking anything away from Sorrillo as he's our new 200m champion with a 20.16 PB but how could the selectors put Sorrillo in front of Darrel on the 4 x 100m relay squad when Sorrillo only ran a 10.17 in the 100 final as compared to Darrel's 10.13 and also considering that Darrel already ran a 10.04 SB a few weeks ago?

Are things so tight with money that we can’t afford to take all of our best candidates for the 4 x 100m relay squad even though they all have the 'A' qualifying 100m standard?

Unless there are serious money issues I feel the NAAATT are being short sighted here by not taking Darrel along as a member of our 4 x 100m relay squad because the squad is stronger with Darrel on it than it is with Sorrillo.

Poor Darrel, he must be a bit heartbroken right now that he is not even going as part of the relay squad even though he is in our top 6 with the 100m ‘A’ standard but I hope he keeps strong and determined and with God’s blessings has an even better injury free season next year in time for the Olympics!

Fair is fair, the 10.04 DB ran was wind-aided. So it has to be a money thing.

Sorillo has his ticket anyway to run the 200m, so why not use him to run a bend on the relay when you already have Richard and Bledman as the top choices to run the straights, with Burns as a straightaway backup/reserve. Armstrong and Callender both have run strong turns in the past for the relay team, and together with Sorillo have run 200m with greater frequency than DB. Remember DB has not been running turns because of his hip injury.

Given that all the guys have sufficient though most have less experience than DB running relays for T&T, Brown remains the odd man out. Had he beaten Burns or placed 4th or 5th in the final he would have been on the team.

There remains the risk though that if more than 1 of Thompson, Armstrong, Bledman, or Sorillo (200) go far enough in their individual events, and god forbid come up fatigued or slightly injured then do we have enough reinforcements to supplement the team? The US team's WC relay pool includes 4th, 5th, 6th in their 100m trials, and is not even using 2nd and 3rd in the 200m (Dix won both sprints). They have the money and luxury to do so.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 15, 2011, 10:02:15 PM »
Hey Fellas!

The man clocked 10.13 in the Trials 100m final and placed 6th in front of Sorrilo so at least he should have been taken as part of the 6-man 4 x 100m relay squad!

Sorillo has his ticket anyway to run the 200m, so why not use him to run a bend on the relay when you already have Richard and Bledman as the top choices to run the straights, with Burns as a straightaway backup/reserve. Armstrong and Callender both have run strong turns in the past for the relay team, and together with Sorillo have run 200m with greater frequency than DB. Remember DB has not been running turns because of his hip injury.

Given that all the guys have sufficient though most have less experience than DB running relays for T&T, Brown remains the odd man out. Had he beaten Burns or placed 4th or 5th in the final he would have been on the team.

There remains the risk though that if more than 1 of Thompson, Armstrong, Bledman, or Sorillo (200) go far enough in their individual events, and god forbid come up fatigued or slightly injured then do we have enough reinforcements to supplement the team? The US team's WC relay pool includes 4th, 5th, 6th in their 100m trials, and is not even using 2nd and 3rd in the 200m (Dix won both sprints). They have the money and luxury to do so.

You made some good points! Ah hear yuh!!  :beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2011, 07:13:14 AM »
Hey Fellas!

It is a money thing. A handful of athletes that made the B standard was left out (Lalonde Gordon, Annie Alexander, Josanne Lucas qualified A standard for 100mh, Janielle Bellile 400mh and of course DB. I think DB should have been included as KB is nursing an injury, but not over KB.

DBs season is not over. I think he will be in the Pan Am squad. Must say he definitely exceeded Trinity's expectations for the season. I believe Trinity was calling for him to break down by now, or run a season best of 10.5s. I was expecting DB to crack into the 10.0s range this year. As Ato put it the 10.13 is certainly encouraging.

Wishing DB the best! I am happy that he defied Trinity's expectations for the season. With a better coach and training camp DB will lower that 10.13 for next year.

Last, big ups to Aaron Armstrong. This man is 34 years old and is running in the 10.0s range. He definitely deserves the spot. I figure this will be AA last run. Does anyone know AAs camp? 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:58:11 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »
Why was Jovon Toppin selected is My big question is this a politics thing?? He ran 47.34 and Cramped up in the 200m and they Left home Gordon who ran 45 point this yr and also beat toppin in the 200m  ::)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 16, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
Why was Jovon Toppin selected is My big question is this a politics thing?? He ran 47.34 and Cramped up in the 200m and they Left home Gordon who ran 45 point this yr and also beat toppin in the 200m  ::)

Yeah that bit there doh make too much sense unless there is some politics at play!!

Apparently NAAATT made an announcement that they are not obligated to explain any of their selection decisions to the T&T public!!

So an athlete who can improve our chances of winning more medals gets left home and they don’t need to explain their decision to the public! Yeah right!!  ???
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:16:14 AM by Socapro »

truetrini

« Reply #498 on: August 16, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »
Hey Fellas!

It is a money thing. A handful of athletes that made the B standard was left out (Lalonde Gordon, Annie Alexander, Josanne Lucas qualified A standard for 100mh, Janielle Bellile 400mh and of course DB. I think DB should have been included as KB is nursing an injury, but not over KB.

DBs season is not over. I think he will be in the Pan Am squad. Must say he definitely exceeded Trinity's expectations for the season. I believe Trinity was calling for him to break down by now, or run a season best of 10.5s. I was expecting DB to crack into the 10.0s range this year. As Ato put it the 10.13 is certainly encouraging.

Wishing DB the best! I am happy that he defied Trinity's expectations for the season. With a better coach and training camp DB will lower that 10.13 for next year.

Last, big ups to Aaron Armstrong. This man is 34 years old and is running in the 10.0s range. He definitely deserves the spot. I figure this will be AA last run. Does anyone know AAs camp? 

And just what were my expectations for him?   Yuh talking real shit.  I said he wopuld not be a factor and he is NOT..!

Yuh feel like I hate de man.  I was quick to bad talk Ashwin Creed as coach..so wha is yuh point?  As for lowering 10.13...I glad if he does it next season, but who were the ones talking shit about 10.53 looking relaxed..any more relaxed he woulda be walking!

I just call it as I see it, and I would be only too happy to say oh goode...I was wrong, but for the 6th year in a row allyuh continuing to talk ta-ta

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 16, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
Darrel is heading Europe and PanAms he aint done yet

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »
Darrel is heading Europe and PanAms he aint done yet

Yeah heard Richard's latest interview in the RT thread from the First Up Show this morning (posted by D.W.H) saying that DB's season isn't over yet as he will be reppin T&T at the upcoming Pan Am Games which will be in 23rd to 30th October in Mexico (after the Worlds).

So all the best to DB! Hope you continue to stay injury free & can even bring us back a medal but please don't rush the brush & try to over exert yourself!

It’s all about being ready for the Olympics next year and starting to fulfil the true potential you showed as a junior athlete once again!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:14:55 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
Hey Fellas!

And just what were my expectations for him?   Yuh talking real shit.  I said he wopuld not be a factor and he is NOT..!

Yuh feel like I hate de man.  I was quick to bad talk Ashwin Creed as coach..so wha is yuh point?  As for lowering 10.13...I glad if he does it next season, but who were the ones talking shit about 10.53 looking relaxed..any more relaxed he woulda be walking!

I just call it as I see it, and I would be only too happy to say oh goode...I was wrong, but for the 6th year in a row allyuh continuing to talk ta-ta

Trinity,you werent expecting him to improve on his first race where he ran 10.5s. You also expected him to break down. Maybe it was just your sarcasm.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:05 AM »
BATTING FOR BROWN
Relay men throw support behind fellow sprinter
By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Aug 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM ECT

Story Updated: Aug 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM ECT

Members of Trinidad and Tobago's men's 4x100 metres relay squad for the August 27-September 4 World Track and Field Championships, in Daegu, Korea, have thrown their support behind Darrel Brown, saying they wanted the 26-year-old sprinter to be part of the team.

Richard "Torpedo" Thompson, Keston Bledman, Aaron Armstrong, Marc Burns and Emmanuel Callender, the top five finishers in the Sagicor National Championship 100m final on Saturday, as well as seventh-place finisher and 200m champion Rondel Sorrillo were selected on T&T's World Championship sprint relay squad.

Brown, who finished sixth in Saturday's 100m final, was not among the 20 athletes named by the National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA), on Monday, to represent T&T in Daegu.

Following a team meeting, at the VIP lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium, yesterday, Burns said Brown will be missed.

"He would have been key in the relay pool, if not to compete, just to be around for the experience and to add to the chemistry which we have had at the other meets. It's a big loss to us chemistry-wise".

T&T manager Dexter Voisin responded: "Not taking anything away from Darrel, why not chemistry with Sorrillo, who has been our outstanding 200 runner in recent times?"

"The criteria," Burns said, "on which the NAAA picks their teams, I'm not on the board so I can't comment on that. I'm just explaining from an athlete's point of view. Normally, you would take the top six. To not get selected, if you're not mentally strong, that can affect you, seeing that you expect to go. It can be crushing."

Bledman told the Express that the T&T sprint relay team is a close-knit group.

"How the NAAA pick the team is their call, but Darrel is family to all of us. We go out there to make Trinidad and Tobago proud and just push one another. Whoever goes out there and runs is family. It's not like if I ain't run or Callender ain't run, we're going to hate on each other."

Armstrong concurred.

"Darrel is like a little brother. We are good friends, we all enjoy being around each other. There's no kind of animosity if someone gets chosen for the final, nothing like that. We all want to see the best for the team, just want to see us be successful, and we want Darrel to be a part of it, as usual."

Brown featured on the T&T sprint relay teams that earned silver at the 2001, 2005 and 2009 World Championship meets.

Read more:- http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/BATTING_FOR_BROWN-127918433.html
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 17, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
Here we are on the cusp of a great WC and pre-Olympic year team showing and neither the Minister of Sports  nor the private sector can/would intervene and offer to provide funding to send a couple more athletes to maximize our very real medal chances in the men's relays - Brown and Gordon

And we steups and complain when almost certain medal opportunities go abegging.........

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »
Here we are on the cusp of a great WC and pre-Olympic year team showing and neither the Minister of Sports  nor the private sector can/would intervene and offer to provide funding to send a couple more athletes to maximize our very real medal chances in the men's relays - Brown and Gordon

And we steups and complain when almost certain medal opportunities go abegging.........

Maybe any spare money that could have been spent by the government now has to be spent on treating the PM's dengue fever!  ::)

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:31 AM »
For a man who couldn't shut up and claimed so much passion for sports, I am surprised how quiet the minister is these days. Spayed and neutered after the COP elections, here is a perfect opportunity to show some balls for once instead of barking.

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
The Minister finally pull he nose outta Jack Warner's ass...

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 11, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »
Allyuh remember this?!

Darrel Brown silver medallist at 2003 World Championships in Paris
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wdAGGn8oWSQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wdAGGn8oWSQ</a>

Big-up to Darrel who won himself and T&T a silver World's medal as an 18 year old teenager back in 2003!

If only it wasn't for the injuries he might have been a world beater with numerous more major medals right now like Bolt!

But who knows what Darrel might have in store for the Pan Am Games next month and then for next year in time for London Olympics if he remains injury free!

Good luck to him in hopefully proving the doubters wrong!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:51:47 AM by Socapro »

truetrini

« Reply #508 on: September 11, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
Allyuh remember this?!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wdAGGn8oWSQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wdAGGn8oWSQ</a>

Big-up to Darrel who won himself and T&T a silver World's medal as an 18 year old teenager back in 2003!

If it only wasn't for the injuries he might have been a world beater right now like Bolt!

But who knows what he might have in store for the Pan Am Games next month and then for next year in time for London Olympics if he remains injury free!

steups.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:52:16 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 11, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
Allyuh remember this?!

If it only wasn't for the injuries he might have been a world beater right now like Bolt!

But who knows what he might have in store for the Pan Am Games next month and then for next year in time for London Olympics if he remains injury free!

steups.

Hey TC, you shouldn't Steups at an individual World's silver medal!
Which other T&T athlete can boast of winning T&T an individual 100m silver medal at World's?!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:52:45 AM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>