April 28, 2024, 11:48:37 PM

Author Topic: Gays Thread.  (Read 246350 times)

truetrini

Re: Barack Obama Supports Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #1110 on: May 27, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »
I find God is very limited eh.  he had to send emissaries to find out if the outcry was true?  he had tos end people two of them to destroy the vcity on his behalf.   Phew, he eh sound so mighty at all ent?

free will be damed..do as I say or I destroy you.

hehehehehehe

What a mighty God allyuh serving.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 27, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »

your conclusion seem to leave you with the task of finding evidence of things that are mystical and spiritual outside of the Bible. if you looking to History, Science, Mother Nature, etc. , that seem at odds with the essential truth of the Revealed Word. that is fine, but then your interpretation is not really christian or biblical but rather a secular one isn't it.

yuh serious? many Christian scholars will disagree with that rigid conclusion.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »

You still are missing the point, ...  Trying to typecast me into some religious role illustrates that you still fail to see where I coming from.

If you disagree with my conclusion, then I respect that, but please do not misrepresent where I am coming from.   :beermug:

« Last Edit: Today at 12:00:44 PM by kaliman2006 »

nah man. You doing a good job all by yourself. :devil:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 27, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
I find God is very limited eh. he had to send emissaries to find out if the outcry was true? he had tos end people two of them to destroy the vcity on his behalf.   Phew, he eh sound so mighty at all ent?

hehehehehehe

and this is a just another example than one can argue that the Bible is Biblical man's interpretation of the word of God.

Really, does the God need emissaries?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 27, 2012, 03:57:44 PM »
Back to homosexuality or for that matter, any issue which offends the moral code of people.

Based on these posts, I have identified three reasons people use to argue against homosexuality

1) Prejudice: for reasons unknown, many people just plain dislike or hate homosexuals. this begs the question "what did a homosexual ever do to you to warrant this hatred?".  Why so much hatred? What demons are you wrestling with?

2) Science: this pertains to "natural law". Homosexuality is wrong because high-order life depends on male/female reproduction. i.e Homosexuality flies in the face of natural law.  OK, what about other deviation from norm? such as physical deformities, blindness, deafness, genetic defects, cancer etc. Are these people any less that the "normal" human being? Even if homosexuality was a choice, "SO WHAT?"  You really think the human race will perish?

3) Religion: today is Pentecost and the homily was about words. The power of words to divide or unite.  When religion is used to speak out against homosexuality, all I see are words of scripture being used to divide.  Words of scripture should be used to unite, to be inclusive. Words from the pulpit should be encouraging, not condemning.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 27, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »

You still are missing the point, ...  Trying to typecast me into some religious role illustrates that you still fail to see where I coming from.

If you disagree with my conclusion, then I respect that, but please do not misrepresent where I am coming from.   :beermug:

« Last Edit: Today at 12:00:44 PM by kaliman2006 »

nah man. You doing a good job all by yourself. :devil:

Well, I am religious in the sense that I believe in a Supreme Being. However, I am not necessarily aligned with any organized religion. I do not take the Bible as the infallible Word of the Eternal Creator. There are many passages that have been distorted in order to suit hidden agendas.

I would even go as far to say that the stories recounted in the bible reflect a particular culture, and are not necessarily appropriate for different cultures. Each culture will experience the Almighty according to its own culture and understanding. The current Christian model reflects a primarily Euro-centric bias. However, I digress....

Coming back to the point of this thread, I actually support gay couple's rights to enage in civil unions. However, religious denominations, which have their own beliefs, should not be forced to endorse the gay lifestyle, if it goes against their fundamental religious tenets. If the US Constitution were to be amended as such, this would violate the separation of Church and State which obtains in the USA.

Regardless of my personal feelings on the manner of the unions, homosexuals should be free to live as they please.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 27, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
Coming back to the point of this thread, I actually support gay couple's rights to enage in civil unions. However, religious denominations, which have their own beliefs, should not be forced to endorse the gay lifestyle, if it goes against their fundamental religious tenets. If the US Constitution were to be amended as such, this would violate the separation of Church and State which obtains in the USA.

Regardless of my personal feelings on the manner of the unions, homosexuals should be free to live as they please.

Uhm that is not the point of this thread... never was.  "Religious denominations" aren't the only ones who perform marriages.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 27, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »
I find God is very limited eh.  he had to send emissaries to find out if the outcry was true?  he had tos end people two of them to destroy the vcity on his behalf.   Phew, he eh sound so mighty at all ent?

hehehehehehe

Ent?  He should just shoot first.  No need for questions since He knows everything.  :)   But then if that was the case we wouldn't be having this conversation, exercising our free will, getting kicks on how stupid He is.  Since our evolved minds is above the rationale of a creator it is safe then to assume that He doesn't exist.   There was another city carded for the bullet.  It was called Nineveh, this time the emissary was Jonah.  Jonah wanted them punished but this was God's heart to the people.

People's Response after hearing the word Repent:

Jonah 3
6. When Jonah’s warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh:

“By the decree of the king and his nobles:

Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.”

10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.

Jonah's response:
He was pissed because he felt and wanted God to destroy to city.

Jonah 4
9 But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”

“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”   

God always sends emissaries to reach out to man.  Old testament, New Testament, He sent His son.  He sent my own mother, relatives friends,  old ladies in churches, people on the street.   That's His Grace and love for us.  You have free will just be prepared to reap what you sow. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 27, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »

Uhm that is not the point of this thread... never was.  "Religious denominations" aren't the only ones who perform marriages.

I am aware that religious denominations aren't the only ones that perform marriages, so please spare me the condescending reply.

The point of this thread is Barack Obama's support of gay marriage, is it not? The thread then veered off into a religious direction and then other directions and I admit that I was off-topic at times. However, I am aware of that, and do not need your input.

Thank you very much and have a good evening.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:29:12 PM by kaliman2006 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 27, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »

I am aware that religious denominations aren't the only ones that perform marriages, so please spare me the condescending reply.

The point of this thread is Barack Obama's support of gay marriage, is it not? The thread then veered off into a religious direction and then other directions and I admit that I was off-topic at times. However, I am aware of that, and do not need your input.

Hahaha..  lol "condescending reply"?? You haven't seen condescension fella so ease up on de oversensitivity. 

The fact that the thread "veered off into a religious direction" doesn't make that religious direction the "point of the thread".  People only jump all over the religious aspect because they feel gays shouldn't be married because the Bible say so.  Read between the lines... religious bodies shouldn't be forced to perform these marriages... aka same shit you say in yuh last post. 

Gays could easily go down to the JP and get married without church, mosque or synagogue getting involved so the whole "religious direction" thing is a non-starter.  You don't need my input but yuh getting it all the same... that's usually how participating in a public discussion works.  Now take two Midol and go cry on yuh f**king pillow.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:56:44 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 27, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »

hehehehehehe

Ent?  He should just shoot first.  No need for questions since He knows everything.  :)   But then if that was the case we wouldn't be having this conversation, exercising our free will, getting kicks on how stupid He is.  Since our evolved minds is above the rationale of a creator it is safe then to assume that He doesn't exist.   There was another city carded for the bullet.  It was called Nineveh, this time the emissary was Jonah.  Jonah wanted them punished but this was God's heart to the people.

People's Response after hearing the word Repent:

Jonah 3
6. When Jonah’s warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh:

“By the decree of the king and his nobles:

Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.”

10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.

Jonah's response:
He was pissed because he felt and wanted God to destroy to city.

Jonah 4
9 But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”

“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”   

God always sends emissaries to reach out to man.  Old testament, New Testament, He sent His son.  He sent my own mother, relatives friends,  old ladies in churches, people on the street.   That's His Grace and love for us.  You have free will just be prepared to reap what you sow. 

You have time with TT?

God didn't have to send emissaries or none of that, but he does things in a way that us humans can relate and understand.  Rather than just pulling Lot and them out himself or warning them himself, he sent angels in human form so that they could understand why the city was being destroyed and why they were being saved.  TT only here chooking fire.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 27, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »

You have time with TT?

God didn't have to send emissaries or none of that, but he does things in a way that us humans can relate and understand.  Rather than just pulling Lot and them out himself or warning them himself, he sent angels in human form so that they could understand why the city was being destroyed and why they were being saved.  TT only here chooking fire.
[/quote]

True. :beermug:   Trying to get him to sign up as an emissary.  The pay good and yuh cyah match the retirement fund.  ;)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 27, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »

Hahaha..  lol "condescending reply"?? You haven't seen condescension fella so ease up on de oversensitivity. 

The fact that the thread "veered off into a religious direction" doesn't make that religious direction the "point of the thread".  People only jump all over the religious aspect because they feel gays shouldn't be married because the Bible say so.  Read between the lines... religious bodies shouldn't be forced to perform these marriages... aka same shit you say in yuh last post. 

Gays could easily go down to the JP and get married without church, mosque or synagogue getting involved so the whole "religious direction" thing is a non-starter.  You don't need my input but yuh getting it all the same... that's usually how participating in a public discussion works. Now take two Midol and go cry on yuh f**king pillow.

Thank you for staying true to form...You are nothing if not predictable.

Borse man, you really think I have time to bent out of shape over some internet personality named "Bakes"? I eh even know you from Adam (No biblical pun intended). Doh study it borse, I think I will be okay, lol.

As for you, I really hope this internet thing is not your true personality, or you have bigger problems than worrying about me crying into a pillow (being an insufferable know-it-all can't be much fun).

Since you (whoever you are) always have to  be the forum policeperson, take win...

I have better things to do with my time.....

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:35:03 PM by kaliman2006 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 28, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »

Borse man, you really think I have time to bent out of shape over some internet personality named "Bakes"? I eh even know you from Adam (No biblical pun intended). Doh study it borse, I think I will be okay, lol.

As for you, I really hope this internet thing is not your true personality, or you have bigger problems than worrying about me crying into a pillow (being an insufferable know-it-all can't be much fun).

Since you (whoever you are) always have to  be the forum policeperson, take win...

"Borse man"... you's de one ketching feelings over a simple comment I make, bawling 'bout how I "condescending".  But yuh not getting bent out ah shape... righto.  Yuh post yuh response at 1:08... think about it, and come back and fix it up some more at 1:35... but yuh have better things to do with yuh time.  Good thing too... yuh mighta be here all night.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2012, 12:36:25 AM »

"Borse man"... you's de one ketching feelings over a simple comment I make, bawling 'bout how I "condescending".  But yuh not getting bent out ah shape... righto.  Yuh post yuh response at 1:08... think about it, and come back and fix it up some more at 1:35... but yuh have better things to do with yuh time.  Good thing too... yuh mighta be here all night.

And yet you up during the early morning hours to track my comments and posted times (pot calling kettle black?). For your info, I am a night owl fella, and I am on a well-deserved vacation so doh hot up yuh head about my posting times.....

As I said, I really not too bent out of shape about your response to me. It is actually amusing that you think that you are the only one capable of understanding the point of thread and that it is incumbent on you to correct me...

But perhaps you're right. I should get back to the lady friend. I really do have better things to do with my time....

PS: For your info, there was a typo in this post, since you are tracking my online posting times.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: May 28, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
the simple question is, are gays in your eyes lesser humans....then what of handicaps..... I imagine in the bible times I would not stand much of a chance in life...I get a hard time even now......so what we deny people rights because some how much thousand year book penned in a simpler time by arguably simpler minds says so......ah mean dis book pass through some seriously questionable hands.......lets us not forget that alot of d shitty ting going on in dis planet has its roots in prejudice.........I doh know christian does claim to closely follow d teachings of Jesus, but what of his examples of tolerance.....because some ah allyuh sure as hell miss dat boat

my ting is....yuh born...yuh here...yuh should be equal....end ah story.
I pity the fool....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 28, 2012, 06:19:52 AM »
Amm ... anytime I decide to stop posting, Kali you does write someting that have me shaking my head.

Your reply to Bakes ...

And yet you up during the early morning hours to track my comments and posted times (pot calling kettle black?). For your info, I am a night owl fella, and I am on a well-deserved vacation so doh hot up yuh head about my posting times.....

As I said, I really not too bent out of shape about your response to me. It is actually amusing that you think that you are the only one capable of understanding the point of thread and that it is incumbent on you to correct me...

But perhaps you're right. I should get back to the lady friend. I really do have better things to do with my time....

PS: For your info, there was a typo in this post, since you are tracking my online posting times.

So it is the wee hours of the morning and you with your lady friend (not wife) on vacation. I jess hope you studying (either science or religion; take your pick) because here is what you stated last week ....

From my perspective (which is that of a believer), our bodies have been created by an Infinite Intelligence, a.k.a Yahwah, God, Allah, etc. Thus, all of our bodily functions and process are as a result of this Divine function. For me, sex is a beautiful gift bestowed on humanity by this Creator for the primary purpose of reproduction. You are right that one should not take the bible literally, which is why I have not drawn heavily on biblical references in my debate. The Eternal Creator is bigger than any book or temple.

Sex's function has never changed because the Eternal Creator changes not; it is we (i.e. humanity) who have changed.

Just my two cents.

I trust that you are NOT having sex for non-primary reasons

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 28, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »
the simple question is, are gays in your eyes lesser humans....then what of handicaps..... I imagine in the bible times I would not stand much of a chance in life...I get a hard time even now......so what we deny people rights because some how much thousand year book penned in a simpler time by arguably simpler minds says so......ah mean dis book pass through some seriously questionable hands.......lets us not forget that alot of d shitty ting going on in dis planet has its roots in prejudice.........I doh know christian does claim to closely follow d teachings of Jesus, but what of his examples of tolerance.....because some ah allyuh sure as hell miss dat boat

my ting is....yuh born...yuh here...yuh should be equal....end ah story.

Amen  :beermug:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 28, 2012, 06:50:00 AM »
STEUPS

This is the type on nonsense that literal interpretations of the Bible leads to.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d2n7vSPwhSU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d2n7vSPwhSU</a>

Thousand Protest Pastor Charles Worley Who Preached Putting Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen

he even uses the argument (at 1:00) that in a few years they will die out because they cant reproduce.  LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/27/protesters-denounce-minis_n_1549339.html

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
Back to homosexuality or for that matter, any issue which offends the moral code of people.

Based on these posts, I have identified three reasons people use to argue against homosexuality

1) Prejudice: for reasons unknown, many people just plain dislike or hate homosexuals. this begs the question "what did a homosexual ever do to you to warrant this hatred?".  Why so much hatred? What demons are you wrestling with?

What 'hatred'? You seem to love them well enough.  ::) The typical refrain - if you condemn homosexuality you must be a bigot.

2) Science: this pertains to "natural law". Homosexuality is wrong because high-order life depends on male/female reproduction. i.e Homosexuality flies in the face of natural law.  OK, what about other deviation from norm? such as physical deformities, blindness, deafness, genetic defects, cancer etc. Are these people any less that the "normal" human being? Even if homosexuality was a choice, "SO WHAT?"  You really think the human race will perish?

Hmmm...comparing homosexuality to diseases and other biological defects and/or mutations...not sure that line of reasoning would support your over-arching point.

3) Religion: today is Pentecost and the homily was about words. The power of words to divide or unite.  When religion is used to speak out against homosexuality, all I see are words of scripture being used to divide.  Words of scripture should be used to unite, to be inclusive. Words from the pulpit should be encouraging, not condemning.

You are speaking a bunch of nonsense. The Bible speaks on many topics, not just homosexuality, and the scriptures provide immense hope for mankind and is a manifest demonstration of God's love. However, God has standards and requirements. There are things that are condemned and prohibited, homosexuality being amongst them. It is one thing if you are not a Christian/believe in the Bible, that's your choice but you cannot try to dictate what the Bible should or should not say. Who are you exactly???

???
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 28, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »

God has standards and requirements.

so we come right back to the sanctimonious declaration that some are less equal because god "say" so yet he created all the world, sees all and knows all hhmmmmm
I pity the fool....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 28, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »

What 'hatred'? You seem to love them well enough.  ::) The typical refrain - if you condemn homosexuality you must be a bigot.

Hmmm...comparing homosexuality to diseases and other biological defects and/or mutations...not sure that line of reasoning would support your over-arching point.

You are speaking a bunch of nonsense. The Bible speaks on many topics, not just homosexuality, and the scriptures provide immense hope for mankind and is a manifest demonstration of God's love. However, God has standards and requirements. There are things that are condemned and prohibited, homosexuality being amongst them. It is one thing if you are not a Christian/believe in the Bible, that's your choice but you cannot try to dictate what the Bible should or should not say. Who are you exactly???

???

touched a nerve did I? I would suggest you re-read my post.

Based on the arguments against homosexuality posted in the thread beginning on page 5, I categorized them into three groupings.  Then asked questions or made statements to try to understand the underlying reasoning for each scenario. 

Are you disputing the reasons for condemnation? If so, please provide some more alternatives. If not prejudice; if not scientific rationalization; if not grounded in religious beliefs; then what?

btw, I consider myself a Christian and had you taken the time to read my other posts carefully, you would have know that and would also know where I stand on the Bible. i.e. it is metaphorical and sacramental, sacred in its status and function, but not in its origin. Where am I dictating what the Bible should or should not say? The Bible says what is says.  Our interpretations are different.

You roll your eyes and say "What 'hatred'? You seem to love them well enough."  That is exactly the type of knee-jerk bigoted statement that gays have to live with every day. Do you dispute that gays are not hated by many?

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2012, 12:26:55 PM »
STEUPS

This is the type on nonsense that literal interpretations of the Bible leads to.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d2n7vSPwhSU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d2n7vSPwhSU</a>

Thousand Protest Pastor Charles Worley Who Preached Putting Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen

he even uses the argument (at 1:00) that in a few years they will die out because they cant reproduce.  LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/27/protesters-denounce-minis_n_1549339.html

Doh make joke nah man.  This is what we really into.   ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9SS95q2kpg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u9SS95q2kpg</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 28, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »
Amm ... anytime I decide to stop posting, Kali you does write someting that have me shaking my head.

Your reply to Bakes ...

So it is the wee hours of the morning and you with your lady friend (not wife) on vacation. I jess hope you studying (either science or religion; take your pick) because here is what you stated last week ....

From my perspective (which is that of a believer), our bodies have been created by an Infinite Intelligence, a.k.a Yahwah, God, Allah, etc. Thus, all of our bodily functions and process are as a result of this Divine function. For me, sex is a beautiful gift bestowed on humanity by this Creator for the primary purpose of reproduction. You are right that one should not take the bible literally, which is why I have not drawn heavily on biblical references in my debate. The Eternal Creator is bigger than any book or temple.

Sex's function has never changed because the Eternal Creator changes not; it is we (i.e. humanity) who have changed.

Just my two cents.

I trust that you are NOT having sex for non-primary reasons

Well, I have been with my significant other a long time, so I will leave you to draw your own conclusions on that score....

Anyway, I am not going to be online long, I am about to go out and enjoy some of the weather.

Have a good day  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 28, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »

You's ah kinda imps or what?  When did I (metaphorically) call you black?  You's de one bawl yuh have better things to do with yuh time.  Me eh really care what time you posting or how much... I just pointing out the inconsistency between what yuh claiming and what yuh doing.  I doh have to "track" you online... it right there in yuh post, lol.  But yeah, get back tuh yuh lady friend... she probably wondering what happen tuh she panty and dem.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 28, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
True. :beermug:   Trying to get him to sign up as an emissary.  The pay good and yuh cyah match the retirement fund.  ;)

Yeah man, we still have time tuh work on him... he just wandering in de desert right now, eh Truetrini? ;D

truetrini

« Reply #1136 on: May 28, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »

Yeah man, we still have time tuh work on him... he just wandering in de desert right now, eh Truetrini? ;D

I relaxing at an oasis right now.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 28, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »

You's ah kinda imps or what?  When did I (metaphorically) call you black?  You's de one bawl yuh have better things to do with yuh time.  Me eh really care what time you posting or how much... I just pointing out the inconsistency between what yuh claiming and what yuh doing.  I doh have to "track" you online... it right there in yuh post, lol.  But yeah, get back tuh yuh lady friend... she probably wondering what happen tuh she panty and dem.

I explained to you that I am on vacation and am on vacation with the lady friend, so no inconsistency there....

As for the "panty" joke, the less said about that remark the better.

Anyway, have a good night.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »

???

Based on the arguments against homosexuality posted in the thread beginning on page 5, I categorized them into three groupings.  Then asked questions or made statements to try to understand the underlying reasoning for each scenario.

And?

Are you disputing the reasons for condemnation? If so, please provide some more alternatives. If not prejudice; if not scientific rationalization; if not grounded in religious beliefs; then what?

What?

btw, I consider myself a Christian and had you taken the time to read my other posts carefully, you would have know that and would also know where I stand on the Bible. i.e. it is metaphorical and sacramental, sacred in its status and function, but not in its origin. Where am I dictating what the Bible should or should not say? The Bible says what is says.  Our interpretations are different.

How can you be a Christian and still support things that are contrary to the scriptures. How many different interpretations are there of this:

What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God

And how can you claim to be a Christian and yet say that the Bible is metaphorical and does not originate from God? Then you are neither a Christian in beliefs nor in practice, sir.

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

You roll your eyes and say "What 'hatred'? You seem to love them well enough."  That is exactly the type of knee-jerk bigoted statement that gays have to live with every day. Do you dispute that gays are not hated by many?

What knee-jerk bigotry? Because I said you seem to like them well enough? steups Stop reaching.

Do I dispute that gays are hated by many? Scorning the act is not necessarily the same as scorning the person.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:44:13 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

???

And?

What?

How can you be a Christian and still support things that are contrary to the scriptures. How many different interpretations are there of this:

What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God

And how can you claim to be a Christian and yet say that the Bible is metaphorical and does not originate from God? Then you are neither a Christian in beliefs nor in practice, sir.

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

What knee-jerk bigotry? Because I said you seem to like them well enough? steups Stop reaching.

Do I dispute that gays are hated by many? Scorning the act is not necessarily the same as scorning the person.

If that is how you define Christianity, then I and many others are not a Christian. Go look up Marcus Borg, especially a book he wrote entitled "The Heart of Christianity". Marcus J. Borg is Canon Theologian at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in Portland, Oregon. 

But I suspect that the "progressive" Episcopalians and Anglicans may not meet your definition of what it is to be Christian.

It is obvious to me that you did not get the gist of my post and you and I have fundamental differences of opinion that cannot be resolved so I will leave it at that.

1]; } ?>