March 28, 2024, 04:21:53 PM

Author Topic: Gays Thread.  (Read 243316 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Do You support Homo's?
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2009, 09:50:34 PM »
I support people who care about being decent human beings; because in my life experience those are the ones who have been there for me not to mention enhanced my life.  It have some people  on this forum who like to act like they are sophisticated and worldly when in fact they are, not only small minded but very closed minded.  A person's sexual orientation is a small part of a person's make up.  If people choose to like or dislike someone bases on their sexual orientation and not on the quality of human being a person is then you are missing out big time. Is the same way people have choosen to like or dislike another based on skin colour, gender, race and hair texture. People are people, if you have an issue with someone who is gay,from my knowledge and experience it usually means one has some insecurities about ones own sexuality. Imagine the type of world we would be living in if people were open to accepting each other for who they are, instead of using other people's differences as a means to make 'themselves' feel 'better' and 'secure' about what and who they are.

Tell dem...tell dem...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2009, 11:01:48 PM »
JC i eh tink man does born with ah need fuh cock.that is an acquired mental disorder created by de nasty destructive nature of man.
Capo that's the easy way out, God gave us ah beautiful computer on top our shoulders to challenge us by creating complexed situations on the planet so we could trouble shoot and problem solve through reasoning and careful thought, not for us to sweep things under the rug with simplistic analogies and and boring cliches.

come on man challenge yuh self with that million dollar piece of equipment on yuh shoulders.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »
JC i eh tink man does born with ah need fuh cock.that is an acquired mental disorder created by de nasty destructive nature of man.
Capo that's the easy way out, God gave us ah beautiful computer on top our shoulders to challenge us by creating complexed situations on the planet so we could trouble shoot and problem solve through reasoning and careful thought, not for us to sweep things under the rug with simplistic analogies and and boring cliches.

come on man challenge yuh self with that million dollar piece of equipment on yuh shoulders.
so men like hitler,jones,koresh and de list could go on,wuh was wrong with them computer.it have ah sayin...yuh make children,yuh doh make they mind.is de same ting god gave man freewill.what we do with it.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2009, 11:13:03 PM »
so men like hitler,jones,koresh and de list could go on,wuh was wrong with them computer.it have ah sayin...yuh make children,yuh doh make they mind.is de same ting god gave man freewill.what we do with it.

You seriously trying to compare sexual orientation to criminal psychopathy dred?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »
all is destructive behaviour.just different levels.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »

come on capo! more cliches.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2009, 11:18:29 PM »

come on capo! more cliches.
lol.oh lord,this could go on whole nite.goodnite sir.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »
Yep one is assholes who destroy .
and one is destroy assholes .

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2009, 11:21:33 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »
talking bout gay ahhhh just cool wha yah doing  :rotfl:

Paste

capodetutticapi      11:30:53 PM     Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Compre    11:30:51 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
southeastPOS    11:30:50 PM    Viewing the topic Latapy the little magician who worked hard, but played harder.
100% Barataria    11:30:43 PM    Posting a new topic in Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:30:40 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:29:58 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:29:57 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
1-868    11:28:45 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:28:30 PM    Viewing the topic West Indies vs. Australia - Final.
Guest    11:27:45 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:26:23 PM    Viewing the topic T&T U-20s for warm up in SVG, Sao Paolo.
Guest    11:25:51 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
Guest    11:25:24 PM    Viewing the topic FA Cup .
Ngozi    11:24:49 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
just cool    11:24:23 PM    Viewing the topic **THE OFFICIAL HUNKS THREAD**.
Guest    11:23:02 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:22:43 PM    Unknown Action
JDB    11:22:36 PM    Viewing the topic Do You support Homo's? .
Babalawo    11:22:16 PM    Viewing the topic TRINICANA!!! .
Socafan    11:21:55 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
rotatopoti3    11:21:53 PM    Viewing the topic TRINICANA!!! .
Guest    11:20:27 PM    Viewing the topic Coaches impress with players.
Cantona007    11:20:12 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:19:39 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
Guest    11:19:24 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:18:52 PM    Viewing the topic Haiti reaches Carib Cup semis..
Guest    11:18:34 PM    Viewing the topic Latapy the little magician who worked hard, but played harder.
Guest    11:18:17 PM    Viewing the topic paraguay Vs Mexico.
Mose    11:17:48 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:17:47 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
Pages: [1] 2

Powered by SMF 1.1.6 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC | XHTML | Red Essence by: © 2008, Crip

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
talking bout gay ahhhh just cool wha yah doing  :rotfl:

Paste

capodetutticapi      11:30:53 PM     Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Compre    11:30:51 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
southeastPOS    11:30:50 PM    Viewing the topic Latapy the little magician who worked hard, but played harder.
100% Barataria    11:30:43 PM    Posting a new topic in Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:30:40 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:29:58 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:29:57 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
1-868    11:28:45 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:28:30 PM    Viewing the topic West Indies vs. Australia - Final.
Guest    11:27:45 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:26:23 PM    Viewing the topic T&T U-20s for warm up in SVG, Sao Paolo.
Guest    11:25:51 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
Guest    11:25:24 PM    Viewing the topic FA Cup .
Ngozi    11:24:49 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
just cool    11:24:23 PM    Viewing the topic **THE OFFICIAL HUNKS THREAD**.
Guest    11:23:02 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:22:43 PM    Unknown Action
JDB    11:22:36 PM    Viewing the topic Do You support Homo's? .
Babalawo    11:22:16 PM    Viewing the topic TRINICANA!!! .
Socafan    11:21:55 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
rotatopoti3    11:21:53 PM    Viewing the topic TRINICANA!!! .
Guest    11:20:27 PM    Viewing the topic Coaches impress with players.
Cantona007    11:20:12 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:19:39 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
Guest    11:19:24 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:18:52 PM    Viewing the topic Haiti reaches Carib Cup semis..
Guest    11:18:34 PM    Viewing the topic Latapy the little magician who worked hard, but played harder.
Guest    11:18:17 PM    Viewing the topic paraguay Vs Mexico.
Mose    11:17:48 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:17:47 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).
Pages: [1] 2

Powered by SMF 1.1.6 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC | XHTML | Red Essence by: © 2008, Crip

What are you implying exactly my friend?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 03, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »
Am not implying nothing is the computer .

but am explinging to my wife ,and u doing it again !!

Compre      11:43:43 PM     Viewing Who's Online.
just cool    11:43:32 PM    Viewing the topic **THE OFFICIAL HUNKS THREAD**.
Guest    11:43:31 PM    Viewing the topic Funny Footballer Nicknames.
Guest    11:43:31 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:43:22 PM    Viewing the topic Jorsling seeks Dubai challenge.
capodetutticapi    11:43:13 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
100% Barataria    11:43:00 PM    Viewing the topic Will Robbie Joseph play for the Windies?.
Guest    11:42:50 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:42:44 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Grande    11:42:23 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:41:58 PM    Unknown Action
Guest    11:41:40 PM    Viewing the topic Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!.
Guest    11:41:35 PM    Viewing the topic Ronaldo to leave on Monday instead .
Guest    11:41:13 PM    Viewing the topic Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!.
Guest    11:40:26 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).

ok sorry I see queen bring back up the tread lol ,is like 4th ,I was thinging u serched it out ,but it like 4th on the page  ;D hard luck ,.....not that theres anything wrong with that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:48:48 PM by Compre »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 03, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »
compre u is de forum maco.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2009, 11:56:18 PM »
with out that feature ,i go be up till 4 in morning lol

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »
Am not implying nothing is the computer .

but am explinging to my wife ,and u doing it again !!

Compre      11:43:43 PM     Viewing Who's Online.
just cool    11:43:32 PM    Viewing the topic **THE OFFICIAL HUNKS THREAD**.
Guest    11:43:31 PM    Viewing the topic Funny Footballer Nicknames.
Guest    11:43:31 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:43:22 PM    Viewing the topic Jorsling seeks Dubai challenge.
capodetutticapi    11:43:13 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
100% Barataria    11:43:00 PM    Viewing the topic Will Robbie Joseph play for the Windies?.
Guest    11:42:50 PM    Viewing the board Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:42:44 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Grande    11:42:23 PM    Viewing the board index of Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum.
Guest    11:41:58 PM    Unknown Action
Guest    11:41:40 PM    Viewing the topic Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!.
Guest    11:41:35 PM    Viewing the topic Ronaldo to leave on Monday instead .
Guest    11:41:13 PM    Viewing the topic Ah man pelt Bush wid a shoe!!.
Guest    11:40:26 PM    Viewing the topic Trinis in Action (Jan 03, 2009).

ok sorry I see queen bring back up the tread lol ,is like 4th ,I was thinging u serched it out ,but it like 4th on the page  ;D hard luck ,.....not that theres anything wrong with that.
So what about WC, pecan, dutty and all the other man who does be on it, wey yuh saying half the board is undercover closseted queens?

bro yuh need tuh take yuh mind out the gutter!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »
hahahaha

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »
good post JC, but i categorically disagree with this part here.

and what i discovered through having these conversations with my cousin and other folks was that these ppl had no choice in their sexual orientation, did any of us had any thing to do with us being straight? or our skin colour, or the colour of our hair, our height, hair texture?? no!!

homosexuality IMO is a birth defect!! no one chooses to be gay, it's that simple! my cousin has no straight friends, no family support, no sympathy from his parents. the whole family does laugh behind his back and call him names, who the fack would choose that life style for themselves!

i believe that some homosexuals born so but in most cases, is straight vice and yuh could normally tell the difference. Especially the ones who call themselves bisexuals.. now what is that about? If yuh genetically predisposed to homosexuality then how it is yuh could be playing both sides of the field? I could reason with a man who dont have a choice in the matter, but i cyah justify the vice thing.

Furthermore, for all our scientific advances, how come they have not yet been able to isolate the gene that causes something as expressed as homosexuality, yet they could isolate the genes responsible for so many other aspects of human traits and behavior?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »

Furthermore, for all our scientific advances, how come they have not yet been able to isolate the gene that causes something as expressed as homosexuality, yet they could isolate the genes responsible for so many other aspects of human traits and behavior?

the traditional gene idea has been proven to be naive.  you can't just go to a certain location on a DNA strand and predict characteristics for people.  Studies have shown relatively high levels of correlation between the occurrence of certain patterns at certain locations and various physiological conditions.  You'd be hard-pressed to come up with more than a few (if any) examples in which anyone claims to have found a 'gene' that is responsible for a particular condition. 

I'm hesitant to enter this conversation on this forum but I have to go on record as saying that giggsy's comments do a very good job of encapsulating my own thoughts on the matter.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
I have made an observation over the years and I admit, my conclusions are not scientific

There are examples (which I will have to Google if somebody ask me for citations) that those who decry homosexuality the most turn out to be closet homosexuals themselves.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »
I have made an observation over the years and I admit, my conclusions are not scientific

There are examples (which I will have to Google if somebody ask me for citations) that those who decry homosexuality the most turn out to be closet homosexuals themselves.
seems to be an accurate observation about them Republicans who spat venom about gays
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2009, 12:50:48 PM »
when Jah create man, he tell adam, " boy, go forth an multiply". if God wanted man to be wid man, an woman to be wid woman den same sex couples wuda be able to reproduce. d point is homosexuality eh natural an it  wrong in d sight of d Lord.

at d end of d day, i doh support dem, but i eh discriminatin neither. once gays cud deal wid watever judgement Jah give dem, i really doh business.

bless!!

WQ .. how can you presume to know what God wants?

So many people attempt to use the Word of God to support their own views when convenient.  If we are to take the phrase "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it" (Genesis 1"28), then we should also conform to the following quotes:

1 Corinthians 11:8-9

For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.  Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

Leviticus 12:2, 4, 5:

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

Leviticus 15:19-24

And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.

And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean.

And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.

And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even.

And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean.

So should we be insisting that women and not men's equal, rather they should be submissive to man and be confined during menstruation and after childbirth because they are unclean?  After all, that is how God made woman.

I can go one but I hope you get the gist of what I am saying.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »
I'm hesitant to enter this conversation on this forum but I have to go on record as saying that giggsy's comments do a very good job of encapsulating my own thoughts on the matter.

I suspect that I have similar reservations. Several times I was tempted to start a thread to discuss the failure of Prop 8 in California. But I considered the most likely conclusion and couldn't imagine anything useful coming from it.

Suffice it to say that I "support homo's" (whatever that means).

What I find interesting is the need that even reasonable, accepting people have to qualify their stance. I often hear men say they cool with it....."as long as they don't come round me" or "as long as they don't bother me".

I wonder if it would be a personal affront/insult if they were actually hit upon by a gay person or if this is just a caveat required as a reminder of the speakers' toughness? Would be any different to a woman who is not your "type" hitting on you? Or is a gay person really crossing a line by testing the waters with a person that they do not know is straight?

I also don't get how gay people getting married affects straight people getting married, as if gays will eat up some of the existing marriage quota.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:04:56 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 04, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »

I suspect that I have similar reservations. Several times I was tempted to start a thread to discuss the failuer of Prop 8 in California. But I considered the most likely conclusion and couldn't imagine anything useful coming from it.

What I find interesting is the need that even reasonable, accepting people have to qualify their stance. I often hear men say they cool with it....."as long as they don't come round me" or "as long as they don't bother me".

I wonder if it would be a personal affront/insult if they were actually hit upon by a gay person or if this is just a caveat required as a reminder of the speakers' toughness? Would be any different to a woman who is not your "type" hitting on you? Or is a gay person really crossing a line by testing the waters with a person that they do not know is straight?

I also don't get how gay people getting married affects straight people getting married, as if gays will eat up some of the existing marriage quota.

Say no to Prop 8
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 04, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »
All who post after my post is a Battyman  ;D 

THREAD DONE
  :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 04, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »

I suspect that I have similar reservations. Several times I was tempted to start a thread to discuss the failure of Prop 8 in California. But I considered the most likely conclusion and couldn't imagine anything useful coming from it.

I also don't get how gay people getting married affects straight people getting married, as if gays will eat up some of the existing marriage quota. ;D
Very good post JDB, especially the last part
I concur whole heartedly with Giggsy also
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

I suspect that I have similar reservations. Several times I was tempted to start a thread to discuss the failuer of Prop 8 in California. But I considered the most likely conclusion and couldn't imagine anything useful coming from it.

depends on what your opinion on the institution of marriage is, which could be influenced by your own personal beliefs including religion.. in which case a civil union carrying all the requisite liberties will do just fine.

as for the being hit on thing, my take on it is that as a man you should be secure enough in your own sexuality not to be insulted by an approach.. however, whats surprising if a man is inclined to react aggressively if that approach crosses the line, just like how a woman might be inclined to slap a man who approaches in an offensive manner?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
... and by extension, how reasonable would it be for a heterosexual man to find the interest of a homosexual man flattering? If we posit that homosexuality is a natural state, then would it not be unnatural for a heterosexual man not to be affronted? Stated otherwise, is not a heterosexual man's affront a natural reaction to homosexual interest.

Every contributor on this thread who has attested to tolerance or moderation with respect to homosexuality has indicated that his or her moderation or tolerance was acquired (learned) pursuant to social education via conversation, exposure etc. ... does this not tend to underscore the 'naturalness' of affront or insult as a reaction?

giggsy11

« Reply #268 on: January 04, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »

depends on what your opinion on the institution of marriage is, which could be influenced by your own personal beliefs including religion.. in which case a civil union carrying all the requisite liberties will do just fine.

as for the being hit on thing, my take on it is that as a man you should be secure enough in your own sexuality not to be insulted by an approach.. however, whats surprising if a man is inclined to react aggressively if that approach crosses the line, just like how a woman might be inclined to slap a man who approaches in an offensive manner?

Which begs the questions; Is the reaction due to being approached agressively or is it about the sex/possible sexual orientation of the person? Would you slap a woman if she approached you in an agressive way?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 04, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »

You spend too much of your time watching TV... there simply is no justification for a man reacting violent to being approached by a gay man.  I hardly think that there are many women who will put God out their thoughts and strike some strange man simply because he "approaches" her wrong.  All of this presupposes the fact that the "approach" is in no way physical in nature.

-----------------------

As for JDB's comments... good for you if you "support homos", which by definition includes their lifestyle.  I cannot support homosexuality for religious, moral and practical reasons.  There's a difference between tolerance and support, and I opt for the former.  I also have no qualms about stating my personal reservations when it comes to gay marriage and to a lesser extent gay adoption.  

For the same moral, religious and practical reasons alluded to I don't see it appropriate to elevate gay unions to the same level of recognition and acceptance as heterosexual unions.  The purpose of marriage as I see it isn't just to crystallize the monogamous union between spouses, but to establish such towards the specific goal of procreation between these two discrete individuals... gene purity being a particularly desirous goal of the marital union.  Clearly this does not apply to homosexual unions.  This should suffice to establish my opposition for now, no need to explore the religious and moral reasons.

------------

One final aside... I wish people would stop trying to equate race with sexual orientation, they are not the same and the respective struggles of those oppressed on account of such cannot possibly be equated.  Sexual orientation is not an immutable characteristic, nor is it as inherent a trait as is race.

1]; } ?>