March 29, 2024, 03:33:25 AM

Author Topic: Gays Thread.  (Read 243345 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Ugandan President Museveni Signs bill criminalising homosexuality
« Reply #1380 on: February 27, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »
Man is level gays in T&T. Dem eh no hiding. Them men does stroll though town on an afternoon normel. I remember when the Magistrate tell Alister Ventour to come back to court dress as a man and put him out the court cause he show up wearing are halter back and are pillazo pants.

There are also a lot of on the low ones. The ones higher up are really on the low. They are also very influential and look out for each other. It's a very close knit community. It's the down low ones I really can't stand. I don't mind if you are public with it and your position is clear that way I could make a decision to not socialize with you or be anywhere near you outside of a professional capacity. I'm a professional, if we working together we could work together I have no problem with that but if you want to catch a drink after work then I'm sorry that's where we need to go our separate ways. I have no problem with gay people or their right to lead productive lives. All I ask is that you keep that sort of behaviour away from me. Let me live in peace also. What so wrong with that? This is all about preference.
@Congo: Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 27, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
Tiresais, maybe you should do better research. The original-language words rendered “slave” or “servant” are not limited in their application to persons owned by others. The Hebrew word ʽe′vedh can refer to persons owned by fellowmen. (Ge 12:16; Ex 20:17) Or the term can designate subjects of a king (2Sa 11:21; 2Ch 10:7), subjugated peoples who paid tribute (2Sa 8:2, 6), and persons in royal service, including cupbearers, bakers, seamen, military officers, advisers, and the like, whether owned by fellowmen or not (Ge 40:20; 1Sa 29:3; 1Ki 9:27; 2Ch 8:18; 9:10; 32:9). In respectful address, a Hebrew, instead of using the first person pronoun, would at times speak of himself as a servant (ʽe′vedh) of the one to whom he was talking. (Ge 33:5, 14; 42:10, 11, 13; 1Sa 20:7, 8) ʽE′vedh was used in referring to servants, or worshipers, of God generally (1Ki 8:36; 2Ki 10:23) and, more specifically, to special representatives of God, such as Moses.

Another example of the use of the word 'slave' is found in Matthew 24:45 which talks about the Faithful and Discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics. Do you know what that refers to?

This is clearly no the case in Leviticus, again;

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.  (Leviticus 25:44-46)

You are property, to be traded as a commodity - this is the definition of slavery. You can make up excuses, but the facts are that the bible advocates slavery, going as far as to specifically note the prices you should sell your daughter for. This is both in text and in practice - slavery was considered acceptable amongst the earliest church and well into the 18th/19th century by Christians, whom frequently quoted the bible in support of their position.

Again;

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years.  Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom.  If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year.  But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him.  If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master.  But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children.  I would rather not go free.'  If he does this, his master must present him before God.  Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl.  After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.  (Exodus 21:2-6)

Explain to me how I am misinterpreting this text? What about this one;

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.  (Exodus 21:7-11)

Explain the context here, and explain how changing the word "slave" to "servant" changes the fact that these passages are clearly describing slaves, and in the last one, sex slaves.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 27, 2014, 03:36:44 PM »
There have been bullers hovering openly around since I remember in the 80's and I'm sure before.......it's even more open now and even more noticeable with young people..........walk in the mall......any mall on any given day.......and Carnival is a free for all........violence should only be a result of violence......not lifestyle

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 27, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »
@ Terisais -

Or maybe you have some rationale for why you accept some passages and reject others in the bible?

Toppa explained her rationale to me once. It is Mosaic law.

Please do not lie. I have never said that.
Sorry Toppa, that is what I took away from the debate we had before. If that is not the case, I sincerely apologize.

Toppa, I found the post you made about Mosaic Law. It was response to DHW stating that "people pick and chose" what they want from the Bible, not unlike what Tiresais stated. DHW was replying to your response to quotes I had made listing many prohibitions in the Bible.  But then you replied

"It is not a matter of people picking and choosing. The Mosaic Law became obsolete once the new covenant was made through Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. Which is also why it is no longer necessary to observe the sabbath amongst other things. You cannot compare day-to-day life of the jewish people under Mosaic law to the actual commands of the Bible. Bit ridiculous, methinks."

So I concluded that it was because of Mosaic Law (i.e the lack thereof) that we could ignore these prohibitions but not ignore the others (i.e Homosexuality) because of the new covenant with God. So I did not lie. as you stated. Your rationale was based on the notion of Mosaic Law. 

here is is the thread history with your quote ...

Well I like to support what God set originally.........  The old testament has a lot of old world history and practices in it that simply doesn't apply today.  Many of it were just people doing stuff as they saw it.   

Where does God say anything about 'marriage'... or that it's exclusively between man and woman?

Evidence abounds that God homosexual relationships are prohibited in the Bible. That should clue everyone is on the fact that marriage is between a man and a woman. Anyway...

Genesis 2:4

“A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.”

Matthew 19:4
In reply he said: “Did YOU not read that he who created them from [the] beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’?

The Hebrew word “wife,” according to Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, “connotes one who is a female human being.”

Hebrews 13:4
'Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.'

God commands that the marriage should be 'honourable amongst all.' Would a homosexual 'marriage' be viewed as honourable to the Creator? No. He regards homosexuality as something 'detestable'.

Evidence abounds that many God homosexual relationships things are prohibited or endorsed in the Bible.  But we don't observe them. The following might be food for thought from a woman's perspective:

Genesis 2:18: NIV
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." 

Yep. those women are help, not equals

Leviticus 12:2. NIV
"Say to the Israelites: 'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.

Leviticus 12:5, NIV
If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.

Leviticus 15:19 NIV
"'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.

maybe we should be quarantining women when dey menstruating or just give birth - they are so unclean!! - and look thing - 2 weeks if the baby is female and then another 66 days to be purified!

So if one insists on using the Bible to define marriage, then I maintain these statements about women should be enforced too.
First time i seeing this. Goes to show people pick and choose from the Bible to suit their needs.

It is not a matter of people picking and choosing. The Mosaic Law became obsolete once the new covenant was made through Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. Which is also why it is no longer necessary to observe the sabbath amongst other things. You cannot compare day-to-day life of the jewish people under Mosaic law to the actual commands of the Bible. Bit ridiculous, methinks.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 27, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »
It is clear that homosexuality has been around from even the biblical time. It has been around in the Caribbean ever since the Euros brought Africans to this land. I don't know when some of us started being that way. But it is something that DID NOT JUST STARTED. It has been around for centuries. And these laws in the bible against homosexuality may be legitimate from the point of master-slave relationship. The people who wrote the book knew that the MEN who had power was able to do all abominable acts because of their status. The slave master used to do anything to the slave, his wife and children. And that is why I think it was included in the bible. To chastise MEN of power for the abuses they dealt to their subjects.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 27, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
There is a pervasive lack of reading comprehension in this thread... particularly as it relates to the responses to Toppa's comments.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 28, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »
I don't think it's as simple as being born gay or straight. I have seen gay men who persistently harrass straight men to the point where they only stop when they are threatened or some sort of action whether violent or not is taken against them. Again, this is Trinidad gay means something completely different to what it means in Europe and the Us. I have never met a gay man in Trinidad. They are all hidden. I have met people I suspect to be gay and upon getting to know them some more they slowly cross the line and begin advancing on your personal space. It sickens me. I would like for us to develop a culture of "coming out" because it is a community that I want nothing to do with outside of having to work with them in a professional capacity. I don't want to go to a club and hang out with some gay guy or something. As ignorant as it may sound I'm just not interested in having them as a friend or even an acquaintance.  That's my preference.

Good going Congo.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 28, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
Thoughts on this video?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDKL-f9Iwds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JDKL-f9Iwds</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 01, 2014, 02:58:36 AM »
God Loves You as You Are: A Message for All Gay and Transgender Latinos From an American Missionary in Costa Rica
Huffington Post (by Richard M. Weinberg)

"We must now have the courage to take the final step and call homophobia and heterosexism what they are. They are sin. Homophobia is a sin. Heterosexism is a sin."

Thus preached the Very Rev. Gary Hall, dean of Washington National Cathedral, in an October 2013 sermon. The sermon was part of a special service that the Cathedral offered to honor lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) youth who suffer daily from intimidation, discrimination, and violence. Although quotes like that raise eyebrows, another part of the sermon that I consider even more important was when Dean Hall said:

It is not only just OK to be gay, straight, bisexual, or transgender; it is good to be that way, because that is the way God has made you. ... Your sexuality is good. The church not only accepts it. The church celebrates it and rejoices in it. God loves you as you are, and the church can do no less.

Read More

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 01, 2014, 11:37:34 AM »
Go foock yuhself with that shit.

You believe what you want and I will believe what I want.

F00cking shit stabbers.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 01, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »

F00cking shit stabbers.

I pity your hatred and ignorance.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 02, 2014, 07:18:06 AM »

F00cking shit stabbers.

Doh pity me, pity de man who yuh bulling, yuh nasty f00cker, stabbing shit, only shit on yuh prick, yuh go get Gonorrhea.

Child molesters and rapest in de same boat.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:40:08 AM by Sam »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 02, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »

F00cking shit stabbers.

Doh pity me, pity de man who yuh bulling, yuh nasty f00cker, stabbing shit, only shit on yuh prick, yuh go get Gonorrhea.

Sam, who are you? Truetrini once told me you and a couple other posters were actually the same person. Furthermore the the posts made by these three accounts were being done by a prominent forum member.  If this is the case, then you just trolling to stir the pot. In either case, these comments are just reason for suspending your account.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 02, 2014, 11:29:33 AM »
And where Trurtrini is?

Look, de man keep going on with this shit, so I going on to. De man callin me all kinda name, so I acting de same...

Maybe some of de things I say might be lil harsh, but I stand by my point.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 02, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »

F00cking shit stabbers.

Sam, who are you? Truetrini once told me you and a couple other posters were actually the same person. Furthermore the the posts made by these three accounts were being done by a prominent forum member.  If this is the case, then you just trolling to stir the pot. In either case, these comments are just reason for suspending your account.
There is no reason to suspend Sam's account because he views the act of shit stabbing as disgusting.
Nothing is wrong with Sam holding that view as he is entitled to hold his views and to express it.
Its called freedom of speech provided we are still living in a democracy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:41:24 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 02, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »

F00cking shit stabbers.

There is no reason to suspend Sam's account because he views the act of shit stabbing as disgusting.
Nothing is wrong with Sam holding that view as he is entitled to hold his views and to express it.
Its called freedom of speech provided we are still living in a democracy.

:applause: :applause:

Thank you SP.

American got them bright.

They dictate the world through Hollywood.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 02, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »
I never see an issue that does get men so agitated as the gay issue. Not even racism does get men so hot. The man has a right to his views and you could pity him how much you want it still isn't going and change his views. In the world, everyone is dictated by white people. White people decide what is moral, what is wrong and what is valuable. The funny thing is that these principles change every couple of centuries and the entire civilisation dances to the tune just to be called "progressive".

Why the fook the world doesn't take this same attention and aggression to fight the blood diamond trade...Steupsss
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:58:37 PM by congo »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 02, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
I wouldn't dream of banning his account - why would I when his disgraceful behaviour is out on show now? Not that I would for any other reason - as far as I know his shocking prejudice and lack-lustre morality don't violate the rules of the forum.

At the end of the day, you hate gays because you're ignorant - you flick through the bible to find a passage that confirms your prejudice against 'others', those who are not like you, in the same way that racists have done in the past, whilst skipping the parts that are immoral despite a literal bible reading (i.e. slavery, stoning unruly children and adulterers, etc). They made no choice about who they find attractive, just as you've made no choice in being heterosexual, yet you daemonise them and come up with ridiculous paranoia stories akin to the pre-WWII atmosphere around German Jews. Literally, the same claims - "They claim Hollywood/the media" (with no evidence), "They are secretly controlling political opinion/the country at the highest level" (despite the horiffic levels of discrimination they face).

This is why history education and education against propaganda is so important - still clearly in evidence today in a myriad of ways. You need to critically asses your opinions and prejudice here; some of you have suggested agreement with locking them up for a life sentence - you're saying gay sex is the equivalent of murder? Equivalent of taking a mother's child from them? Really? If so I suggest that a more clear-headed evaluation of your position would make obvious the immorality and injustice of your arguments.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 02, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »
I never see an issue that does get men so agitated as the gay issue. Not even racism does get men so hot. The man has a right to his views and you could pity him how much you want it still isn't going and change his views. In the world, everyone is dictated by white people. White people decide what is moral, what is wrong and what is valuable. The funny thing is that these principles change every couple of centuries and the entire civilisation dances to the tune just to be called "progressive".

Why the fook the world doesn't take this same attention and aggression to fight the blood diamond trade...Steupsss

Tell dem yuh not on King James Version.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 02, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
Read my post again. Sam is entitled to his opinions.  But there is no need to direct that type of language at another poster.  The right to free speech comes with responsibility and decorum, both of which have been tossed out the window in the post that I responded to. I will have to review the forum rules. But calling a man a  "nasty f00cker, stabbing shit, only shit on yuh prick, yuh go get Gonorrhea" is a fine example of a comment that should not be tolerated.  Dick all to do with freedom of speech. So don't give me that crap comment about democracy.  When some of us express our opinions (i.e. Free Speech), Sam responds with derogatory comments that have little to do with rationale debate. Just personal attacks.  Free speech and democracy.  Yeah. Right.

This thread was about the situation in Uganda.  Whether you agree/disagree on the gay issue, imprisoning people for being gay is morally repugnant and a violation of human rights.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 02, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
Read my post again. Sam is entitled to his opinions.  But there is no need to direct that type of language at another poster.  The right to free speech comes with responsibility and decorum, both of which have been tossed out the window in the post that I responded to. I will have to review the forum rules. But calling a man a  "nasty f00cker, stabbing shit, only shit on yuh prick, yuh go get Gonorrhea" is a fine example of a comment that should not be tolerated.  Dick all to do with freedom of speech. So don't give me that crap comment about democracy.  When some of us express our opinions (i.e. Free Speech), Sam responds with derogatory comments that have little to do with rationale debate. Just personal attacks.  Free speech and democracy.  Yeah. Right.

This thread was about the situation in Uganda.  Whether you agree/disagree on the gay issue, imprisoning people for being gay is morally repugnant and a violation of human rights.

Ribbit opined that "democracy and homos doh mix".

Putin say if they took a vote world-wide about homos pushing queer culture on minors, 90% would be against it. Yet all de Olympics coverage have de token gay/lesbian because of de gay lobby. Look a DJ here in Toronto who did run his mouth on all kind of thing make an anti-gay joke and he out of a job. Democracy and homos doh mix.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:23:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 02, 2014, 09:56:08 PM »
Putin, the poster boy for democracy. I want to emigrate to the Crimea. It doh have homos there.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 02, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
Tiresais, I am not going to go back and forth with this topic.

Let them be who they are.

Just do not expect me to support this nonesense.

It would be interesting to see all the people who supports this that it comes in their lives in some form. Then you would sing a different song.

The LORD [is] longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing [the guilty], visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] - Numbers 14:18 (Generational Curses).

You'll quote the anti-gay text, but when it prices slaves to be sold you're all silent - you're a hypocrite. Tell me what's the conversion rate on a shekle these days Pastor? How much does the bible think I should demand for my slaves?

I have a number of gay friends - it affects me not, and I support their right to love whomever they love. Your passage condones punishing the child for the sins of the father - thanks for making my point about its immorality for me.

When saying so ... hmmm :thinking: ... Pastor Stuart, help me out nah ... introduce Tiresais to 1 Samuel 17:46.

Soon come.

So your response is to threaten me with violence? Stay classy. Sticking to the "love thy neighbour, love thy enemy" eh? Bigots always get violent when their prejudice is challenged.

Having read Asylum's posts for the last few years, I think he was poking at Pastor Stuart. Not you. Not that the articulate Asylum need my help that is.

Tiresais needed de help. My comment was multi-purposed, but nothing he latched onto.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:03:00 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 02, 2014, 11:39:24 PM »

congo, yuh highlight a real issue with society. the scale on which we weigh important vs irrelevant issues has been corrupted even inverted. some gays get offended in a socially conservative country and is 24/7 coverage from all de homos in de media. not a peep about real devestation being wrought by de arms industry, illicit trades, etc.. not a 4king peep. a gay's feeling worth more than the life of some of dese children in syria, africa, etc..

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 02, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »
Yeah and they always quick to equate this to what happened to black people and slavery etc. Never mind the fact that black people still fighting for a bare minimum in this world yeah. Slavery was  a brutal and despicable act. Wake me up when we are rounding up gays and shipping them all over the world to pick cotton. We in the progressive world are not chasing gays and kicking their heads in. We have laws and they have rights. Men fighting up with Uganda but really and truly it's none of our business. Adulterous women are stoned in the islamic countries and thieves have their hands cut off also. Does that make them any less progressive than us? You can't measure everyone with the same yardstick.

All of a sudden the western world has found its moral center with this gay issues and the posters up on top coming here with all sort of fancy articles and quotes to try and convince others that they are wrong and backward. GTFOH with that bs. This gay issue is a smokescreen. I say give them marriage. Let them be miserable as well and also give the people who want to marry a car or a piece of plastic that right as well.

Tell the gays get in line, black people still have rights that they are fighting to get. I never see a group of people who have made their sexual preference such a public and defining aspect of their lives. No one cares what you are doing in the privacy of your own bedroom. There are more important things going on in this world.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:02:56 AM by congo »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 03, 2014, 01:24:05 AM »
The Bible say!!!!!    ;D   Ah reach late.  You don't need the bible for this anyways. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 03, 2014, 04:42:16 AM »
The Bible say!!!!!    ;D   Ah reach late.  You don't need the bible for this anyways.

Amen. Coming from you, that's divine. Yuh doh need de Bible fuh dis. Selah.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 03, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »
Putin, the poster boy for democracy. I want to emigrate to the Crimea. It doh have homos there.

is that the point?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:57 PM »
Africa Against Homosexuals: African President: Homosexuals "Disgusting"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oArKOrrTO0k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oArKOrrTO0k</a>

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 06, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »

congo, yuh highlight a real issue with society. the scale on which we weigh important vs irrelevant issues has been corrupted even inverted. some gays get offended in a socially conservative country and is 24/7 coverage from all de homos in de media. not a peep about real devestation being wrought by de arms industry, illicit trades, etc.. not a 4king peep. a gay's feeling worth more than the life of some of dese children in syria, africa, etc..

Ribbit / Congo

Some observations

1) This thread is about homosexuality, so naturally you will not find debates about blood diamonds, syria, and other issues. I am sure if you glance at major news feeds, you will not find dis-proportionate airplay that favours homosexuality above any other topic.

2) I searched this forum and found at least 13 distinct threads that broached homosexuality directly and indirectly. Here are 12 of them:
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=61515.msg883751#msg883751

Plus this one makes thirteen.

I think the obsession with homosexuality seems predisposed to those who object to it.

Based on my sampling of 13 threads, here if the frequency of forum members who started a thread pertaining to homosexuality: 

Trini_2018: 4
Socapro: 3
War: 2
Preacher: 1
Airman: 1
Weary1969: 1
Tallman: 1
pecan: 1

At least 10 out of 13 threads were started by members who have certainly made it know that they disapprove of homosexuality.

So at least on this forum, the "24/7 coverage from all de homos in de media" (to quote you), is not coming from self proclaimed homos ....

1]; } ?>