March 29, 2024, 04:59:10 AM

Author Topic: Gays Thread.  (Read 243349 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ugandan President Museveni Signs bill criminalising homosexuality
« Reply #1440 on: March 13, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
Try allyuh best to leave slavery and apartheid etc. out ...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 14, 2014, 03:00:25 AM »
Try allyuh best to leave slavery and apartheid etc. out ...

Ent !!!....

A man trying to create a smoke screen to cover fags.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 14, 2014, 04:15:43 AM »
A group of prominent Ugandan scholars, lawmakers and gay rights activists have dragged the government to the Constitutional Court over the enactment of the Anti-Homosexuality law. The group contends that the law violates key human rights provisions enshrined in the Constitution. Solomon Serwanjja has more....

Uganda: Gay activists challenge act in court
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7O9LUW2---U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7O9LUW2---U</a>

Incredibly brave - so important to fight against discrimination and persecution.
I suspect that those lawyers are being paid handsomely by the Gay Rights movement so decided to take the money and go thru the motions.
I won't be surprised if they happily lose the case and go laughing all the way to the bank as they are Ugandan lawyers after all who know how much the vast majority of folks in the country support the Anti-Gay laws.

Yes I imagine their legal fight is funded by the Gay Rights movements and anti-discrimination groups and NGOs, just as a movement against an anti-catholic bill might receive support from the Catholic church and Catholic organisations. But given the people involved are gay themselves I doubt they will be 'laughing to the bank' as you so glibly put it. It's their lives on the line - just by simply standing out in front of the camera they face a violent backlash.

Those who fought against apartheid, slavery, and institutional racism too faced the same popular backlash, with a public whole-heartedly against their movement - did the overall majority support for slavery make it right? I mean the bible is pretty clear that you can enslave your fellow man and woman (take a sex slave alongside your wife why don't you?), so you would have been in favour for your fellow man to be enslaved?
Why are you projecting?
I simply stated my suspicion and I don't think you are correct in assuming that all those people bringing the case against the Ugandan government are gay.
We will eventually see what the out come is to see if my suspicions turn out to be correct or not.

No of course some of them are not gay, just like all those against segregation weren't black and those against slavery weren't slaves - for evil to win requires good people to stand idly by. These people, regardless of whether they are gay or not, face a violent backlash for standing up for another citizen, another human being's  rights
That is your assumption that will remain an assumption without proof.
The Ugandan people in general are pretty civilized from my observations so I would be surprised to see or hear of any violence towards anyone involved in the case.

You are shockingly ignorant.  Just google David Kato - gay rights activist in Uganda who fought a magazine that published the name and occupation of "suspected homosexuals". After winning his lawsuit, he was murdered by anti-gay protesters.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 14, 2014, 04:16:43 AM »
Steups @SocaPro...You still fighting up with him. Listen all this gay talk is just a smoke screen. All this violent backlash talk is another smokescreen. Nobody care about those gay people enough to split their heads open. Like the fairies that they pretend to be they are living in a fairy tale. People only ask that you use your discretion when conducting your gay activities. Inform the world that you are gay. That way when I am asked to come over to your house for a drink or something I know what your intentions are.

I once had a lecturer who was on the down low. This guy had a girlfriend and other smokescreens. You would never guess that he was on that side. After awhile this man start to cross the line and I realise that I was the prey in the situation. When I confronted him about it, homeboy try to get violent with me. Say what, I went and pick up a carload, roll back for him. Put some chrome to his temple  and told him that if he even think about trying any thing like that again, I would put his head on a stick. After that homie had very little to do with me and  he became very professional.  This after threatening to penalise me academically etc. I never outed him to anyone, he continued living his life with his smokescreens and all. That is most people's position, live and let live. Just don't come around me with that nastiness.

The scary thing about down low n*ggas is that they don't use protection is the gay community so what they catch they bringing it back for the women they lying with. Talk about the fact that the gay community has always had one of the highest incidences of STD's. Those are the facts. You all could try and window dress this how much you want the facts remain. That is nastiness to the extreme. If you all like that, put it in ur mouths and choke on it.

You held a gun to someone's head? You're a f**king psycho, there's no question about it. Seek professional help because you are a horrible human being.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 14, 2014, 04:30:50 AM »
Steups @SocaPro...You still fighting up with him. Listen all this gay talk is just a smoke screen. All this violent backlash talk is another smokescreen. Nobody care about those gay people enough to split their heads open. Like the fairies that they pretend to be they are living in a fairy tale. People only ask that you use your discretion when conducting your gay activities. Inform the world that you are gay. That way when I am asked to come over to your house for a drink or something I know what your intentions are.

I once had a lecturer who was on the down low. This guy had a girlfriend and other smokescreens. You would never guess that he was on that side. After awhile this man start to cross the line and I realise that I was the prey in the situation. When I confronted him about it, homeboy try to get violent with me. Say what, I went and pick up a carload, roll back for him. Put some chrome to his temple  and told him that if he even think about trying any thing like that again, I would put his head on a stick. After that homie had very little to do with me and  he became very professional.  This after threatening to penalise me academically etc. I never outed him to anyone, he continued living his life with his smokescreens and all. That is most people's position, live and let live. Just don't come around me with that nastiness.

The scary thing about down low n*ggas is that they don't use protection is the gay community so what they catch they bringing it back for the women they lying with. Talk about the fact that the gay community has always had one of the highest incidences of STD's. Those are the facts. You all could try and window dress this how much you want the facts remain. That is nastiness to the extreme. If you all like that, put it in ur mouths and choke on it.

You held a gun to someone's head? You're a f**king psycho, there's no question about it. Seek professional help because you are a horrible human being.

Tacitly perhaps. Definitively, you can't say that "he" did that. Re-read the post.

Nonetheless, a reprehensible situation no doubt ... as such, shouldn't your condemnation be distributed to the other party also?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:38:51 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 14, 2014, 05:00:07 AM »

Tacitly perhaps. Definitively, you can't say that "he" did that. Re-read the post.

Nonetheless, a reprehensible situation no doubt ... as such, shouldn't your condemnation be distributed to the other party also?

Given Congo's paranoid and homophobia, I find his claim less believable than his admission that he held a gun to the man's head. He said that he went and got some friends and held 'chrome' to his head. How are you defending this? Look to yourself.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:51 AM »

Given Congo's paranoid and homophobia, I find his claim less believable than his admission that he held a gun to the man's head. He said that he went and got some friends and held 'chrome' to his head. How are you defending this? Look to yourself.

So in addition to re-reading ... have a look at the meaning of the word "reprehensible".

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:01 AM »

So in addition to re-reading ... have a look at the meaning of the word "reprehensible".

Say what, I went and pick up a carload, roll back for him. Put some chrome to his temple  and told him that if he even think about trying any thing like that again, I would put his head on a stick.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 14, 2014, 05:19:07 AM »

Say what, I went and pick up a carload, roll back for him. Put some chrome to his temple  and told him that if he even think about trying any thing like that again, I would put his head on a stick.

Fella, I wasn't there and neither were you. Unless congo returns to state definitively that he held the weapon to the person's temple, how do you know definitively that one of the "carload" did not so act?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 14, 2014, 05:33:20 AM »

Fella, I wasn't there and neither were you. Unless congo returns to state definitively that he held the weapon to the person's temple, how do you know definitively that one of the "carload" did not so act?

This type of back-bending is why I asked you to look to yourself. If someone tells you they went to some guy with his friends and a gun was held up to their head, would you think to yourself "oh well it's not definitive"? What if it was your father? Sibling? Child?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 14, 2014, 05:35:27 AM »
We can infer from Congo's post that at minimum, he participated in putting "some chrome to his temple". Whether he or another member of the "carload" he picked up did it still speaks to his state of mind. 

Even if we believe his claim that the other party became violent and threatened him academically, there are other avenues for relief.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 14, 2014, 05:48:41 AM »
I am throwing a question out.

Both Congo and Socapro claim to be the victims of sexual harassment or even sexual assault (my words). The perpetrators are "in the closet" gays.

QUESTION: Has any other other male heterosexual on this forum been the victim of sexual harassment/assault committed by a male homosexual?

I am heterosexual but I have never had a gay person proposition me - and I have been around for several decades.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 14, 2014, 06:00:47 AM »

This type of back-bending is why I asked you to look to yourself. If someone tells you they went to some guy with his friends and a gun was held up to their head, would you think to yourself "oh well it's not definitive"? What if it was your father? Sibling? Child?

Tiresais, save the self-righteous bullshit. In all of this, you have conveniently skirted the other wrong. Aside from that, you may be inserting "facts" based on an emotional perception of the event. Indeed your emotion surrounding the event is evident ... yet none of your emotion ascribes any comment to the person whose unwanted sexual advance triggered the lamentable events.

Look to yourself yuh say? I'm looking at myself and I'm looking at you and I'm telling you clearly ... calling someone paranoid because he (or she) experienced an unwanted sexual advance and reacted poorly is f**kery. Unmitigated at that. Let me remind you: you called congo a quote unquote f-ing psycho ... and told him to seek professional help.

I think you need to "look at yourself" if you have absolutely NOTHING to say about the lecturer's conduct. Bullshit is bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:10:37 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 14, 2014, 06:07:23 AM »
We can infer from Congo's post that at minimum, he participated in putting "some chrome to his temple". Whether he or another member of the "carload" he picked up did it still speaks to his state of mind

Even if we believe his claim that the other party became violent and threatened him academically, there are other avenues for relief.

Re: the first bold ... No disagreement here. At least that. In a post above, I used the language "tacitly perhaps". I don't know enough to assert more.

Re: the second bold ... his state of mind as the victim of an unwanted sexual advance from one who is alleged to have abused a position of authority (lecturer/student) or as an actor who could not/did not respond to the events on his own?

Unquestionably other avenues of relief other than the threat of deadly force existed ...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:12:00 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 14, 2014, 06:13:49 AM »

Tiresais, save the self-righteous bullshit. In all of this, you have conveniently skirted the other wrong. Aside from that, you may be inserting "facts" based on an emotional perception of the event. Indeed your emotion surrounding the event is evident ... yet none of your emotion ascribes any comment to the person whose unwanted sexual advance triggered the lamentable events.

Look to yourself yuh say? I'm looking at myself and I'm looking at you and I'm telling you clearly ... calling someone paranoid because he (or she) experienced an unwanted sexual advance and reacted poorly is f**kery. Unmitigated at that. Let me remind you: you called congo a quote unquote f-ing psycho ... and told him to seek professional help.

I think you need to "look at yourself" if you have absolutely NOTHING to say about the lecturer's conduct. Bullshit is bullshit.

Sir maybe you need to re-read - I explicitly stated I don't find his assertion credible. He has shown in other topics as in this one to be homophobic, with paranoid delusions about a "global gay agenda" or some other pro-gay shady organisation. Given his delusions and violent behaviour it's more likely he totally misread the information and acted on his deep anti-homosexual prejudices.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: March 14, 2014, 06:21:27 AM »

Sir maybe you need to re-read - I explicitly stated I don't find his assertion credible. He has shown in other topics as in this one to be homophobic, with paranoid delusions about a "global gay agenda" or some other pro-gay shady organisation. Given his delusions and violent behaviour it's more likely he totally misread the information and acted on his deep anti-homosexual prejudices.

That's your response? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You can't be serious.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:17:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 14, 2014, 06:25:23 AM »
So you ascribe value to your narratives, but not to those of others? Quite the colonial approach.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 14, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
We can infer from Congo's post that at minimum, he participated in putting "some chrome to his temple". Whether he or another member of the "carload" he picked up did it still speaks to his state of mind

Re: the first bold ... No disagreement here. At least that. In a post above, I used the language "tacitly perhaps". I don't know enough to assert more.

Re: the second bold ... his state of mind as the victim of an unwanted sexual advance from one who is alleged to have abused a position of authority (lecturer/student) or as an actor who could not/did not respond to the events on his own?

Unquestionably other avenues of relief other than the threat of deadly force existed ...

I am prone to reading posts hastily and admittedly, do not always grasp all the nuances of said posts. But I usually walk away with an overall sense/impression of the poster based on the image that is projected in these posts.

With Congo, I am not left with the sense that he would be cowed by the actions of people whose actions he describes as "nastiness". 

Are you suggesting that he was so emotionally distraught that his reaction is defensible? In any event, the suggestion that he seek help is not without merit.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:54:48 AM by pecan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 14, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »

I am prone to reading posts hastily and admittedly, do not always grasp all the nuances of said posts. But I usually walk away with an overall sense/impression of the poster based on the image that is projected in these posts.

With Congo, I am not left with the sense that he would be cowed by the actions of people whose actions he describes as "nastiness". 

Are you suggesting that he was so emotionally distraught that his reaction is defensible? In any event, the suggestion that he seek help is not without merit.

Congo can talk fuh himself ... but ...

It might be instructive to distinguish between his expressions now (based on his accumulated experience) and his ability to address the situation then. Whether big umman, big man or lil gyul or smallman, someone abusing a position of authority distorts one's ability to leverage the situation on even terms. The response that follows is a product of this.

Congo's posts indicate that he wanted finality ... he wanted a prompt resolution ... and he wanted to put his position across clearly and forcibly. His posts also indicate he believes in a bright line ... do yuh ting, but leave me out of it. Note he said ... after that both parties never had an issue and he didn't act to report the matter. Perhaps that was the result of the zero sum situation, but it seems to indicate a level of maturity and commonsense.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 14, 2014, 07:31:06 AM »

Both Congo and Socapro claim to be the victims of sexual harassment or even sexual assault (my words). The perpetrators are "in the closet" gays.

QUESTION: Has any other other male heterosexual on this forum been the victim of sexual harassment/assault committed by a male homosexual?

I am heterosexual but I have never had a gay person proposition me - and I have been around for several decades.

While we await the findings ... what signficance do you attach to the question?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 14, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »

While we await the findings ... what signficance do you attach to the question?

I suspect that my wait will be in perpetuity and uneventful, but nevertheless ...

I have a hypothesis that one factor (and there are others) that forms one's opinions regarding a segment of our society (ex. race, culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, and in this case sexual orientation), may be negative or traumatic experiences with members of that segment.

Two examples:
A female rape victim may have a difficulty time with men, generally speaking; or a bad experience with a member(s) of a religious faith may lead you to conclude that all members of that faith are to be avoided.

Both Socapro and Congo stated that they were victims of unwanted sexual attention originally disguised as benign socialization. And I think that they both responded with the threat of violence if not violence, against the offender. And they have both made their positions clear on homosexuality.

I am curious if there are forum members who feel that they have been victimized. I have never been victimized and my views on homosexuals are liberal. Congo and Socapro have been victimized and their views are conservative, some would argue, even hateful and bigoted.

Just curious if anecdotal data supports my hypothesis. That's all.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:31 AM »
I was approached on d water taxi, didn' even realize what d scene was wit dat person until ah day I come in d boat, person say mornin, I say mornin and gone my way......now I start realize ah while before dat, that he used to kinda go out he way to say mornin to me in particular.......but someting about me...me eh know if is d handicapped ting, but all manner of people does jus feel d need to have ah chat with me for whatever reason...me eh know ??? .....so I thought dais what dat was......though d "mornin" did song lil different dat day...............I gone an sit down, d brother pass ress he hand on my shoulder in a way dat jus set off alarm bells...................after dat I jus start approachin he different......when I get frosty yuh does know it.......and dat was d end ah dat.......I still doh tink gays is heterosexuals with vice................your orientation some where in yuh biological make up.............dis talk about choice is BS.

So even with dat experience above I still tink it wrong to legislate against dem......... d only problem I have with dem is d rumours of unfettered debauchery within their community and ting like dat and closets bringin home diseases to their wives...........if u choose to "choose" , "choose" and stick to it ....if your want to change yuh "choice" make ah clean break.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:04:08 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 14, 2014, 10:42:23 AM »
Matthew use to flash he eyes for me   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I didn't mind cause Lisa Carr use to be with him and....well you know that creation.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 14, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
Now I am not a big guy by any means. Today I weigh only 135 pounds so being cornered by a man who is at least 235 pounds is not a nice situation. The whole scenario really began when he began bombarding me with texts. Mind you he did ask for my phone number and I ignored him. I actually told him that I don't give my phone number to men. Needless to say he got my phone number from admin and soon the texts occured. Atleast 10 times a day I was being messaged. The texts were really creative. They weren't incriminating if read at face value by a neutral. At this point I was still being respectable seeing that he was lecturer etc.  Soon he crossed the line and started talking about being on the down low and that he suspect that I am etc. Then it got really explicit, I think after being ignored etc he just needed to put that out there. I confronted him by text saying stuff like that was really disrespectful and he should respect the student/ lecturer barrier and also that I wasn't interested in that lifestyle. At this point he denied that he was gay, aggressively so to the point where he was texting in Caps or "shouting". Again, I told him that I have nothing against what he does but it's not something that I am interested in. Again he denied and the texts stopped. So next time for class he held me back after class and was like he's sorry about what he said and he hoped that this doesn't affect our professional relationship etc. I was like yeah I could be professional as long as you don't penalise me unfairly or treat me any different because of what happened. We agreed then he asked to see the phone. I was like nah, I don't have it on me. I guess he realised that he had crossed the line and some stuff he said could be incriminating. So I ended up cornered and he dipped his hand in my pocket and took the phone. When I turned to leave, I felt his hand clasp my neck and he dipped his hand in my pocket and took the phone. At that time I was freaking out, I didn't even ask for the phone back or try to fight back I already had another plan in place.

My father is ex Brit military, he does a lot of  security consulting in Latin America and the caribbean. I went and talk to one of his partners, he became worried because he felt the aggressive nature of this homie could result in harm to me in the future. So he got some of his "friends" to go with me to get my phone back and to send a message basically. I didn't put any chrome to anyone's head. I didn't need to. Up to this day I still haven't told my family what happened. My family would never let this lie and they would never allow it to reach to court. It's just how things are dealt with in the circles we live in.

Some of you all fail to realise that this is Trinidad we live in. I know things that will keep you all up at night. Some stuff never even make the news.  This is not a paradise that you all like to believe. The same way I was cornered and my phone taken, is the same way I could have been easily kidnapped. We don't play with people who are willing to cross the line. Court was never going to be an option because I don't want my name mixed up with that sort of stuff. For the remainder of the class term I had to be in class with a bodyguard outside in a car who would come looking if I didn't get back to him within 5 mins of class being over. After that incident,  he had minimal contact with me. He wouldn't even pick me to answer a question, this after calling me his "A" student a couple weeks earlier and bragging about me to his colleagues. I had to chose a complete different specialty in third year to get away from him as he was the head of the field I was interested in going into and doing those courses meant having class with him atleast 4 times a week in comparison to just the one class before.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:22:03 AM by congo »

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 14, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
 Homosexuality is deviant    unnatural behavior as is defined by a dictionary .
  Most has no problem with these  people  if they are closeted where it belongs but when it is constantly  paraded about as if it is some to be be proud of then it becomes a problem
  In my opinion the people that controls the media , finances and Hollywood   are deliberately pushing the Homosexual agenda to destroy christian and all other religion values .
 It is at a point now where if one is against this lifestyle , it is made to appear as if there is something wrong with that person .   
Some are saying that they are born this way but if that is so , why not treat it as a birth defect?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 14, 2014, 11:51:16 AM »
@congo wow ok then...........all ah dat no wonder u have it out like dat..................wow......I have to say I might have done someting similar.....dat jus wrong
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
Homosexuality is deviant    unnatural behavior as is defined by a dictionary .
  Most has no problem with these  people  if they are closeted where it belongs but when it is constantly  paraded about as if it is some to be be proud of then it becomes a problem
  In my opinion the people that controls the media , finances and Hollywood   are deliberately pushing the Homosexual agenda to destroy christian and all other religion values .
 It is at a point now where if one is against this lifestyle , it is made to appear as if there is something wrong with that person .   
Some are saying that they are born this way but if that is so , why not treat it as a birth defect?

how exactly do u propose to fix a persons nature.......forget gays dat can pass as straight....what about obviously effeminate boys, who ent get exposed to gays in dey early life........how do u explain away dat................whey dey learn it from
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:03:02 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 14, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »
A group of prominent Ugandan scholars, lawmakers and gay rights activists have dragged the government to the Constitutional Court over the enactment of the Anti-Homosexuality law. The group contends that the law violates key human rights provisions enshrined in the Constitution. Solomon Serwanjja has more....

Uganda: Gay activists challenge act in court
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7O9LUW2---U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7O9LUW2---U</a>

Incredibly brave - so important to fight against discrimination and persecution.
I suspect that those lawyers are being paid handsomely by the Gay Rights movement so decided to take the money and go thru the motions.
I won't be surprised if they happily lose the case and go laughing all the way to the bank as they are Ugandan lawyers after all who know how much the vast majority of folks in the country support the Anti-Gay laws.

Yes I imagine their legal fight is funded by the Gay Rights movements and anti-discrimination groups and NGOs, just as a movement against an anti-catholic bill might receive support from the Catholic church and Catholic organisations. But given the people involved are gay themselves I doubt they will be 'laughing to the bank' as you so glibly put it. It's their lives on the line - just by simply standing out in front of the camera they face a violent backlash.

Those who fought against apartheid, slavery, and institutional racism too faced the same popular backlash, with a public whole-heartedly against their movement - did the overall majority support for slavery make it right? I mean the bible is pretty clear that you can enslave your fellow man and woman (take a sex slave alongside your wife why don't you?), so you would have been in favour for your fellow man to be enslaved?
Why are you projecting?
I simply stated my suspicion and I don't think you are correct in assuming that all those people bringing the case against the Ugandan government are gay.
We will eventually see what the out come is to see if my suspicions turn out to be correct or not.

No of course some of them are not gay, just like all those against segregation weren't black and those against slavery weren't slaves - for evil to win requires good people to stand idly by. These people, regardless of whether they are gay or not, face a violent backlash for standing up for another citizen, another human being's  rights
The Ugandan people in general are pretty civilized from my observations so I would be surprised to see or hear of any violence towards anyone involved in the case.

You are shockingly ignorant.  Just google David Kato - gay rights activist in Uganda who fought a magazine that published the name and occupation of "suspected homosexuals". After winning his lawsuit, he was murdered by anti-gay protesters.
What happened to David Kato back in 2011 is highly unlikely to happen to anyone working on this case so once again I am putting it to you that you have made an assumption regards those working on this case being likely to face a violent backlash.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 14, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »
Congo to bad you had to not report him .Wonder how many innocent boys he rape since then.
Funny guess you right tho you had him warned at crome point and these men here blame you as the one needing help.lol.
These predator s use kids shame to remain undetected. And now I guess they under the protection of the gay rights movements.
Guess unless one of these men grab one of these sympathizers and bugger the shat outer them or they boy or girl child .nahh they to civil to use violence ,guess we're just savages.

add : I wonder if these new gay parents if there kids were to get sodomized by one of these Authority figures ,if they would get mad ,or just look at it as a coming of age event lol.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:29:30 PM by Qmire »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 14, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »

Why are you projecting?

What happened to David Kato back in 2011 is highly unlikely to happen to anyone working on this case so once again I am putting it to you that you have made an assumption regards those working on this case being likely to face a violent backlash.

What do you base your assertion that it's "highly unlikely"? Kato was a very high profile rights activist, these guys are much less known both nationally and internationally. This is also a shift in your position, before you couldn't imagine such "uncivilised" behaviour, and when I point out this has happened before you claim I'm making an assumption.

1]; } ?>