March 29, 2024, 09:36:41 AM

Author Topic: Gays Thread.  (Read 243365 times)

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ugandan President Museveni Signs bill criminalising homosexuality
« Reply #1620 on: March 24, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »
 White people are responsible  for all the evils perpetrated on humanity  . .. slavery ., apartheid , genocide and here they are telling  Uganda and places like   Russia to protect the faggots .
There is an agenda at work and that is to corrupt all the nations of the world but this couldn't happen until the chosen people had a president who they could control .
 All major religions frowned  upon the faggot lifestyle but now it is forced upon the   masses .
 I  read on this here forum where teachers can be sanctioned    for not making their classrooms faggot friendly in spite of the fact that it clashes with their moral and spiritual beliefs
 This is being pushed by those who controls the media , finances , law and Hollywood

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 25, 2014, 03:53:35 AM »
White people are responsible  for all the evils perpetrated on humanity  . .. slavery ., apartheid , genocide and here they are telling  Uganda and places like   Russia to protect the faggots .
There is an agenda at work and that is to corrupt all the nations of the world but this couldn't happen until the chosen people had a president who they could control .
 All major religions frowned  upon the faggot lifestyle but now it is forced upon the   masses .
 I  read on this here forum where teachers can be sanctioned    for not making their classrooms faggot friendly in spite of the fact that it clashes with their moral and spiritual beliefs
 This is being pushed by those who controls the media , finances , law and Hollywood

Wow, racist, homophobic and paranoid all in one post. Why don't you throw in some sexism too just to complete the picture?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
Racist? It was white people who outlawed and demonized homosexuality. Now they have deemed it acceptable and worthy and the entire world needs to as well? White people deem diamonds valuable so Africans need to lose limbs to ensure that women have engagement rings...Let's do a tally of the damage done to this planet by white people and I bet you they outnumber any other race.

By white I don't mean the average white person. I'm talking about white establishment.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 25, 2014, 11:10:04 AM »
Racist? It was white people who outlawed and demonized homosexuality. Now they have deemed it acceptable and worthy and the entire world needs to as well? White people deem diamonds valuable so Africans need to lose limbs to ensure that women have engagement rings...Let's do a tally of the damage done to this planet by white people and I bet you they outnumber any other race.

By white I don't mean the average white person. I'm talking about white establishment.

You'll find no argument against that from me, my argument was against accusing white people for being responsible for all the evils. But be under no illusions - it's not 'cause we were white, it's because the most powerful nations in the world were in Europe, where the population was overwhelmingly white. Thus the second issue is false-attribution - The Chinese in their early history basically ethnically cleansed what is now Southern China, slavery was a staple of nearly every society across the world regardless of race. Apartheid was both supported and opposed by white people, it's harsh to blame "white people" (whatever that means - are Russians as white as Britons? Are White Trini's as white as Americans?) for these ills, especially given that white people showed a propensity for inflicting these ills on each other as well.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1624 on: March 25, 2014, 11:24:21 AM »

Kindly refrain from fascist comments.

First warning.

TY..

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

You'll find no argument against that from me, my argument was against accusing white people for being responsible for all the evils. But be under no illusions - it's not 'cause we were white, it's because the most powerful nations in the world were in Europe, where the population was overwhelmingly white. Thus the second issue is false-attribution - The Chinese in their early history basically ethnically cleansed what is now Southern China, slavery was a staple of nearly every society across the world regardless of race. Apartheid was both supported and opposed by white people, it's harsh to blame "white people" (whatever that means - are Russians as white as Britons? Are White Trini's as white as Americans?) for these ills, especially given that white people showed a propensity for inflicting these ills on each other as well.

I see today you're wearing your imperial hat.

You do understand how the term "white people" entered the lexicon, don't you? You do understand why "black people" have been "black people", don't you? You do understand the lexical and experiential polarities, don't you?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 25, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »

You do understand how the term "white people" entered the lexicon, don't you? You do understand why "black people" have been "black people", don't you? You do understand the lexical and experiential polarities, don't you?

His point nonetheless is valid... they were exploitative not by dint of melanation, or lack thereof, but because they had powerful navies and were ruthlessly exploitative.  Given the state of warfare and conquest among tribes in Africa, had they the same naval capabilities and knowledge of the world as it then existed, then they too would likely have colonized other nations just the same.  What would have flowed from that is anyone's guess, but no one race is inherently superior/inferior to the other.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »

*Sigh*, I appreciate "white people" forms a colonial dichotomy in opposition to the "black people". Seriously I get that. That is irrelevant to my point -  were it that black people inhabited Europe whilst white people inhabited Africa, the dichotomy would be reversed. The root cause of this evil is not the colour of their skin or the levels of skin pigmentation. You also know this to be true I hope - the lightness of a person's skin does not have any bearing on their morals. The root cause was the power imbalance and inequity, coupled with cultural and religious (if you consider them different) norms that had no objection to slavery, no objection to cruel treatment of those who did not follow their religion, or that 'other' group safely separated from the conception of self.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 25, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »

His point nonetheless is valid... they were exploitative not by dint of melanation, or lack thereof, but because they had powerful navies and were ruthlessly exploitative.  Given the state of warfare and conquest among tribes in Africa, had they the same naval capabilities and knowledge of the world as it then existed, then they too would likely have colonized other nations just the same.  What would have flowed from that is anyone's guess, but no one race is inherently superior/inferior to the other.

No one ... not me, not congo, not Ramgoat, NO ONE ... made any assertion rooted on skin color/melanation etc. ... Tiresais injected that needlessly  ... all the foregoing comments expressed some appreciation of constructed power.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
No one ... not me, not congo, not Ramgoat, NO ONE ... made any assertion rooted on skin color/melanation etc. ... Tiresais injected that needlessly  ... all the foregoing comments expressed some appreciation of constructed power.

I think you need to pay closer attention to the words of those whom you would presume to defend... otherwise just speak for yourself. 

White people are responsible  for all the evils perpetrated on humanity  . .. slavery ., apartheid , genocide and here they are telling

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 25, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »

*Sigh*, I appreciate "white people" forms a colonial dichotomy in opposition to the "black people". Seriously I get that. That is irrelevant to my point -  were it that black people inhabited Europe whilst white people inhabited Africa, the dichotomy would be reversed. The root cause of this evil is not the colour of their skin or the levels of skin pigmentation. You also know this to be true I hope - the lightness of a person's skin does not have any bearing on their morals. The root cause was the power imbalance and inequity, coupled with cultural and religious (if you consider them different) norms that had no objection to slavery, no objection to cruel treatment of those who did not follow their religion, or that 'other' group safely separated from the conception of self.

Yeah, we've had years and years ... centuries to appreciate that. Thanks for the education.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 25, 2014, 03:13:46 PM »

I think you need to pay closer attention to the words of those whom you would presume to defend... otherwise just speak for yourself. 

White people are responsible  for all the evils perpetrated on humanity  . .. slavery ., apartheid , genocide and here they are telling

Yuh responding like you've been in a lexical abyss ...  the statement problematic for other reasons ... does not signify because they are "white".
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:30:20 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 25, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »

Yuh responding like you've been in an lexical abyss ...  the statement problematic for other reasons ... does not signify because they are "white".

Are you a professional troll or something? You keep playing word games when meanings are clear - his accusation was "White people". If he wanted to say "colonial powers" or "Western Nations" or "Europeans" he would have said so. You are the one asserting a different definition - he can defend himself.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 25, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
Yuh responding like you've been in an lexical abyss ...  the statement problematic for other reasons ... does not signify because they are "white".

Actually, I'm responding like I'm talking to a 5-year old... seeing that that is how you insist on approaching the discussion.  He made clear reference to the race of the perpetrators, not to the perpetrators themselves.  Are the Russians part of these "white people"?  Scandinivians?  How are "white people" responsible for slavery when Africans, Persians, Arabs and other Semitic people were guilty of the same practices, including those which most directly impacted the African slave trade?  A reasonable argument can be made that the division fomented by the Belgians gave rise to the environment of distrust in Rwanda and the Congo... but are we seriously absolving the local warlords and criminals for the genocide?  Or is it only genocide when perpetrated by "white people"?  The statement is beyond "problematic" it is foolish talk... he would have been better served to say "Europeans"... at least the charge of racism would not have been applicable, not that that would have been any more accurate.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 25, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »

Are you a professional troll or something? You keep playing word games when meanings are clear - his accusation was "White people". If he wanted to say "colonial powers" or "Western Nations" or "Europeans" he would have said so. You are the one asserting a different definition - he can defend himself.

Tiresais, I appreciate that you're holding Ramgoat to a demand of accountability. No problem here. However, in doing so, we must not engage in pretence ... use of the term "white people" amongst people bearing the historical antecedents which you very well understand ... is not a reference to ALL people who are phenotypically white ... nor is it a proposal that historical antecedents occurred merely because of such phenotype.

Trying to distort the use of the term ... absent historical antecedents is what I have a problem with here. Put otherwise, allyuh fully well know what de ass he is referring to when he uses the term ... beyond that blast him for incorrect historical assertions etc.  .... but doh play like you have NO idea that he does not mean somebody in Ingushetia. Gimme a break.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:46:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: March 25, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »
Yuh responding like you've been in an lexical abyss ...  the statement problematic for other reasons ... does not [necessarily] signify because they are "white".

Actually, I'm responding like I'm talking to a 5-year old... seeing that that is how you insist on approaching the discussion.  He made clear reference to the race of the perpetrators, not to the perpetrators themselves.  Are the Russians part of these "white people"?  Scandinivians?  How are "white people" responsible for slavery when Africans, Persians, Arabs and other Semitic people were guilty of the same practices, including those which most directly impacted the African slave trade?  A reasonable argument can be made that the division fomented by the Belgians gave rise to the environment of distrust in Rwanda and the Congo... but are we seriously absolving the local warlords and criminals for the genocide?  Or is it only genocide when perpetrated by "white people"?  The statement is beyond "problematic" it is foolish talk... he would have been better served to say "Europeans"... at least the charge of racism would not have been applicable, not that that would have been any more accurate.

Yeah. A descriptor laden with meaning ... not unlike "black people".
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:07:47 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »

Tiresais, I appreciate that you're holding Ramgoat to a demand of accountability. No problem here. However, in doing so, we must not engage in pretence ... use of the term "white people" amongst people bearing the historical antecedents which you very well understand ... is not a reference to ALL people who are phenotypically white ... nor is it a proposal that historical antecedents occurred merely because of such phenotype.

Trying to distort the use of the term ... absent historical antecedents is what I have a problem with here. Put otherwise, allyuh fully well know what de ass he is referring to when he uses the term ... beyond that blast him for incorrect historical assertions etc.  .... but doh play like you have know idea that he does not mean somebody in Ingushetia. Gimme a break.

This is nonsense.  If any white person was to say "black people are responsible for all of the crimes perpetrated on American society" that person would correctly be branded a racist.  That person would get no quarter in arguing that when he said "black people" he did not mean "ALL people who are phenotypically black... nor is it a proposal that their [criminal behavior] occurred merely because of such phenotype"... such an argument would be labeled sophism... which is what you're currently engaging in.  Reckless talk is reckless talk... doh try to play Ms. Cleo or Atticus Finch, let Ramgoat speak for himself, it's his responsibility to make clear his meaning, not for the reader to assume how to decipher it.  Even in contemplation of the "historical antecedents" to which you have so tenuous attached your campaign in his defense, the statement still rings false for all the reasons which I've already outlined.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:16:31 PM by Bakes »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »
Asylum, if we buy into your argument,  then Flex need to retract his warning. I must conclude that Flex viewed ramgoat's post as inflammatory and not as potentially ambiguous as I think you suggest.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 25, 2014, 05:14:32 PM »
Asylum, if we buy into your argument,  then Flex need to retract his warning. I must conclude that Flex viewed ramgoat's post as inflammatory and not as potentially ambiguous as I think you suggest.

He might have a point... since Flex saw the post as fascist, lol!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 25, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »

He might have a point... since Flex saw the post as fascist, lol!

I "get" Flex's meaning ... unlike "some" inflexible strict constructionist poster with a penchant for using the words "back-bending", "hypocrite" and "cowardice" ... who although chained to a dictionary ... couldn't seem to locate "F".  :devil: But ah bet he could find "PM".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 25, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

First warning.

TY..

Hehheh,  ;) This is forum policy ...

2. Racism in any form is not welcomed on this site and will not be tolerated at all. This includes references to anyone’s race in a derogatory manner, whether it involves the use of racial pejoratives or not.  Racial pejoratives (such as the “N-word” and “C-word” [examples]) will ABSOLUTELY NOT BE TOLERATED.

Work that out.

And, given the focus of this thread ... maybe you should invest in expanding the policy :devil: ... given the unbolded silence respecting other matters.

[pecan, yuh on detention]  ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:28:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 25, 2014, 07:25:03 PM »
Asylum, the obliqueness of your posts often have me pulling out my decipher books (in addition to the dictionary too ;D).to figure out what yuh saying.

Let me give it a shot

1) If the forum policy on "racism" is to be observed, then isn't Tireais initial comment about Ramgoat's "white people" comment relevant? yet you censured him but have now quoted forum policy that seems to support Tiresais comments as well as the reason for Flex's warning. I trying to work it out but failing miserably.

2) "unbolded silence" - I admit I did recently use 1 point, white typeface to make a comment. But I don't think you referring to that .. or are you? or are you now referring to the evolution of this thread from homosexuality to racism?

3) Is the detention for my Manicou avatar as per Dutty?

4) I going to TO tomorrow. Any messages you want me to pass on Olivia Chow or Rob Ford - If I see them on the subway? Does Olivia Chow's platform have substance?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
Asylum, the obliqueness of your posts often have me pulling out my decipher books (in addition to the dictionary too ;D).to figure out what yuh saying.

Let me give it a shot

1) If the forum policy on "racism" is to be observed, then isn't Tireais initial comment about Ramgoat's "white people" comment relevant? yet you censured him but have now quoted forum policy that seems to support Tiresais comments as well as the reason for Flex's warning. I trying to work it out but failing miserably.

This is under review for subsequent comment.

2) "unbolded silence" - I admit I did recently use 1 point, white typeface to make a comment. But I don't think you referring to that .. or are you? or are you now referring to the evolution of this thread from homosexuality to racism?

You'll notice that the word "faggot" wasn't met with any opprobrium. Under your portfolio, I thought you should be tasked to address that ... given your legacy of activism in the field ... per forum debates  and ... Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  :devil:

3) Is the detention for my Manicou avatar as per Dutty?

Amnesty might be granted if yuh substitute manicou fuh de goat. See below. Buh yuh will need to consult with Jumbie and Dutty to confirm what to pair that with if babash is unavailable. Sam tell meh babash is de preferred ting to lash that with.

4) I going to TO tomorrow. Any messages you want me to pass on Olivia Chow or Rob Ford - If I see them on the subway? Does Olivia Chow's platform have substance?

She going to win anyway? It doh matter. Offer Rob Ford the curry goat complemented with finely granulated rice that has a white powdery finish. He go love that! ... with a Red Stripe.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:22:57 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 25, 2014, 08:30:25 PM »
In no particular order

1) New avatar. Troll and a Ramgoat
2) No more LBGT activism on this forum; my position has been stated. So no comment on faggots unless it is a firebrand.
3) I hope Olivia don't win, for that matter too, Ford has worn out his welcome. Just leaves Tory who may be too right wing for you I suspect.
4) Hmmmm ... Sweat rice for Ford? Not Jamaican so he might object.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 25, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »
His hook is the white powdery ... :rotfl:

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 25, 2014, 08:43:27 PM »

First warning.

TY..
Some one mentioned that I should have used less inflammatory terms like  colonials and Europeans but at the end of the day ,Europeans and colonials are still whites ,
 There is no need for a second warning , if you have to  kick me out of here then so be it but I will say this and that is the level on discourse here is more  of a higher and educated quality  .
 I do not like to be censored and I prefer to say what I feel without being offensive and as a moderator , I  guess you have to do what you have to do

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 25, 2014, 08:48:11 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
P.P.S. Yuh detention was for unveiling the plot.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1648 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »

yeah Asylumseeker, try and talk 'normel' nah
when you and Bakes shitting somebody up, the effect wears off or just isnt there when ah have to go to dictionary.com to find the meaning of the words  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:29 PM »
In no particular order

1) New avatar. Troll and a Ramgoat

2) No more LBGT activism on this forum; my position has been stated. So no comment on faggots unless it is a firebrand.
3) I hope Olivia don't win, for that matter too, Ford has worn out his welcome. Just leaves Tory who may be too right wing for you I suspect.
4) Hmmmm ... Sweat rice for Ford? Not Jamaican so he might object.

Ah only jes realize yuh really do that ...

1]; } ?>