April 27, 2024, 11:05:54 PM

Author Topic: The International Friendlies Thread  (Read 122937 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 International Friendlies.
« Reply #450 on: February 29, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »
Colombia Mexico game is Fire! End to End like an EPL game. 1-0 Falcao @ half.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 29, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »
Colombia Mexico game is Fire! End to End like an EPL game. 1-0 Falcao @ half.

Una de las partidarias es tan guapa.

Por supuesto, estoy interasdo en el partido solamente  ;D

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 29, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Golazo de Colombia.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 29, 2012, 10:44:48 PM »
Messi with a hattrick to sink the Swiss.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 01, 2012, 02:51:38 AM »
Nasty clash of heads between Smalling and Huntelaar in the Holland's 3-2 win over England.  Huntelaar made contact with the ball a millisecond before Smalling (going for the ball) made contact with him.  Looked like both players were knocked out before they hit the ground... certainly Huntelaar was.  Blood all over the box...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-HFkGW-sRA4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-HFkGW-sRA4</a>

Both players hospitalized, sadly... hope they're okay.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:53:38 AM by Bakes »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »

See that, total comittment even though is a friendly, kind of remind me of the Landon/ Phillip clash
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 01, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
...the fawk!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »

See that, total comittment even though is a friendly, kind of remind me of the Landon/ Phillip clash

I dunno about all ah dat nah... I sure if either ah dem know what the outcome woulda be both ah dem, given the chance again, would pull out.  Smalling suffer a buss head, but judging by the "thousand-yard stare" in his eyes, looks like a concussion too.  The picture of Huntelaar on his back, hands frozen in the air... dai'z just how he look on de video too.  This clip was the Sky feed... the Fox feed might been even more graphic.  Top it off, Huntelaar land face first (ala Drogba vs. Norwich), hence the grass in he mouth... and the broken nose.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »
that huntelaar had mih squirming like prodl's injury fractured nose, fractured jaw, smacked cheekbone, concussion..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-xawsETUTs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l-xawsETUTs</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
that huntelaar had mih squirming like prodl's injury fractured nose, fractured jaw, smacked cheekbone, concussion..

First time seeing that... at least Prodl was conscious, but like the effects were more devastating from that kick tuh jaw  :-[

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »

I dunno about all ah dat nah... I sure if either ah dem know what the outcome woulda be both ah dem, given the chance again, would pull out.  Smalling suffer a buss head, but judging by the "thousand-yard stare" in his eyes, looks like a concussion too.  The picture of Huntelaar on his back, hands frozen in the air... dai'z just how he look on de video too.  This clip was the Sky feed... the Fox feed might been even more graphic.  Top it off, Huntelaar land face first (ala Drogba vs. Norwich), hence the grass in he mouth... and the broken nose.

I agree with you dey. As much as I am for total commitment, sometime a second guess does be beneficial. Them 2 men should not play ball for a couple of days period.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
That article and how the writer rank players is pure shit

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »

One man seeing the ball and naturally think head to goal the other seeing the ball and saying get it away, playing for their country no second thoughts about injury, no playground training stuff as far as they were concerned , i would call that total committment.
That is the reason club coachs dislike these friendlies.
Ah want de woman on de bass

AirMan

« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:21 AM »
Aye I miss the United States vs Italy game. Was it a hard fought 1-0 win for the US , or was it easy to a point where they just didn't ut away a lot of their chances to end up with a bigger margin of victory?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2012, 04:28:56 AM »
Aye I miss the United States vs Italy game. Was it a hard fought 1-0 win for the US , or was it easy to a point where they just didn't ut away a lot of their chances to end up with a bigger margin of victory?

no. italy had the larger share of everything..chances, posession, territorial domination etc..just that in friendlies they tend to not give an ass and their performance was quite mediocre..US came out to play tho. and i must say that since Bradley has joined chievo he is a much much better player i was always impressed with how he adjusted to serie a...i actually have respect for a US player

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »

Total commitment, and misfortune.  The margin between the norm and a career ending injury is often very small... I hope they both make full recoveries and can continue playing without the mind-f*ck that incidents like this could bring about.  Look at Petr Cech and how long it took him to become himself again in goal, even after officially coming back...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
Kicker and Fishs... I understand all dat.  All I saying is I doubt either ah dem men say "I going fuh dat ball... I really doh care if I knock mihself out in de process I throwing caution tuh de wind."  Instead I think each player saw the ball and legitimately thought the ball was his to win and didn't really give any thought to getting injured. 

Looking at the number of balls headed in the box, the number of serious injuries are very low and so in my mind they didn't even give it a thought.  Is not like a 50-50 challenge on the ground where somebody know they coming out with ah jam foot.  To me "total commitment" includes both a calculation, and disregard of the risk.  Maybe I overanalyzing it, but I just find it hard to accept "total commitment" in this case.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 02, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Ouch.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »
Kicker and Fishs... I understand all dat.  All I saying is I doubt either ah dem men say "I going fuh dat ball... I really doh care if I knock mihself out in de process I throwing caution tuh de wind."  Instead I think each player saw the ball and legitimately thought the ball was his to win and didn't really give any thought to getting injured. 

Looking at the number of balls headed in the box, the number of serious injuries are very low and so in my mind they didn't even give it a thought.  Is not like a 50-50 challenge on the ground where somebody know they coming out with ah jam foot.  To me "total commitment" includes both a calculation, and disregard of the risk.  Maybe I overanalyzing it, but I just find it hard to accept "total commitment" in this case.

I wasn't disagreeing with what you wrote... just adding the element of misfortune.

Not sure if total commitment always (or in this case) involves a calculation - The ability to totally commit is probably due to the failure (or inability because things happen so fast) to fully calculate, or as you say they mighta held back or pulled out of the challenge altogether... In the end I think it was misfortune - the timing and the inches just didn't work out right - i.e. there was nothing reckless on either side of the ball - just two hard back men going after the ball with everything they had.  Hunt looked like he was dead!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:44:57 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
I wasn't disagreeing with what you wrote... just adding the element of misfortune.

Not sure if total commitment always (or in this case) involves a calculation - The ability to totally commit is probably due to the failure (or inability because things happen so fast) to fully calculate, or as you say they mighta held back or pulled out of the challenge altogether... In the end I think it was misfortune - the timing and the inches just didn't work out right - i.e. there was nothing reckless on either side of the ball - just two hard back men going after the ball with everything they had.  Hunt looked like he was dead!!

Agree with you on everything.  The look like he was dead talk is good talk.  Look at how his hands (and eyes) are frozen in the moment.  Remember he was tracking the ball coming in from his right and as he turned in that instant flicking his head to the left, his eyes would have been looking all the way right... just as he was knocked out.  His eyes still looking right.

Meanwhile doh fuhget poor Smalling on de grung... dat man staring off into outerspace.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #471 on: March 16, 2012, 05:23:13 AM »
Spain vs. Puerto Rico.

BAYAMON, Puerto Rico–World Cup champion Spain will play 134th-ranked Puerto Rico in an international friendly in August.

Federation spokesman Jorge Carretero says the match will be played on Aug. 15, a short time after Spain attempts to defend its European Championship title in Poland and Ukraine.

The match is expected to be played at the 12,500-capacity Juan Ramon Loubriel Stadium in Bayamon.

Carretero says it is Spain’s ”obligation” to play against teams ”from all continents” and it has played most of its friendly matches overseas since winning the World Cup.

Carretero says there is no agreement forcing Real Madrid and Barcelona players to be in the squad and ”the players picked by the coach will go.”

Who: Spain men’s national team vs Puerto Rico men’s national team

What: International FIFA Friendly

Where: Estadio Juan Ramon Loubriel (Bayamon, Puerto Rico)

When: August 15, 2012

Why: It only is the most important match in Puerto Rico’s early soccer history. It also is the first time that Spain visits the Caribbean.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Internatinal Friendlies
« Reply #472 on: March 22, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »
 Jamaica 0 vs Costa Rica O. I wonder what spin Reggafan  will put on this score.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Internatinal Friendlies
« Reply #473 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
That it was an all local Reggae Boyz team. ;D
jjbrown

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Internatinal Friendlies
« Reply #474 on: March 22, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »
It was basically Jamaica's C team against Costa Rica's C team and Jamaica had a man sent off for two yellow (the first of which was apparently not all warranted).  I wouldn't put too much stock in to it.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 23, 2012, 08:51:43 PM »
fu#k dem
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #476 on: May 23, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
For the rest of the week (times Eastern):

THURSDAY, May 24

TELEMUNDO
International Friendly MEXICO-MOROCCO (live) 11:30 am.

ESPN3.com
International Friendly CZECH REPUBLIC-ISRAEL (live) 2 pm.

FRIDAY, May 25

ESPN DEPORTES
International Friendly COSTA RICA-GUATEMALA (live) 9 pm.

ESPN3.com
International Friendly COSTA RICA-GUATEMALA (live) 9 pm.

SATURDAY, May 26

NBC SPORTS NETWORK
International Friendly USA-SCOTLAND (live) 8 pm.

ESPN DEPORTES
International Friendly IRELAND-BOSNIA&HERZEGOVINA (live) 10 am.
International Friendly SPAIN-SERBIA (live) noon.

GOL TV
International Friendly BRAZIL-DENMARK (live) 9:30 am.

GALAVISION
International Friendly USA-SCOTLAND (live) 8 pm.

TELEMUNDO
International Friendly MEXICO-FRANCE (live) 1:55 pm.

ESPN3.com
International Friendly IRELAND-BOSNIA&HERZEGOVINA (live) 10 am.
International Friendly SPAIN-SERBIA (live) Noon.
International Friendly NETHERLANDS-BULGARIA (live) 2 pm.
International Friendly NORWAY-ENGLAND (live) 2:45 pm.

SUNDAY, May 27

ESPN DEPORTES
International Friendly FRANCE-ICELAND (live) 3 pm.

UNIVISION
International Friendly MEXICO-WALES (live) 2:30 pm.

ESPN3.com
International Friendly FRANCE-ICELAND (live) 3 pm.

MONDAY, May 28

ESPN DEPORTES
International Friendly UKRAINE-ESTONIA (live) 2 pm.

TELEMUNDO
International Friendly MEXICO-BELARUS (live) Noon.

ESPN3.com
International Friendly UKRAINE-ESTONIA (live) 2 pm.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 23, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
anything plan for the soca warriors this rounds?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2012 International Friendlies.
« Reply #478 on: May 23, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »

Lol...
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 23, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »

Lol...

:rotfl:

Good one.

1]; } ?>