April 28, 2024, 12:11:32 PM

Author Topic: The International Friendlies Thread  (Read 123009 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Serbia 2-1 Jamaica
« Reply #660 on: May 26, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »
hey Reggae Fan... i dont recognize much of the names there....can you shed some light on some players ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 26, 2014, 06:14:30 PM »
hey Reggae Fan... i dont recognize much of the names there....can you shed some light on some players ??

4 or so from the domestic league, 4 or so from MLS, and another 4 or so from lower divisions in England.  Two players made débuts.  Goal scored by 18 YO DC united striker Michael Seaton , while 190yo Alva Powell marshaled the defense... both these players played recently vs T&T.  Team leaves for the European leg of the tour where they will meet Switzerland in Lucerne followed by Egypt in London then  France in lille on may 30, June 4 and June 8th respectively.  Team will be joined by a few additional  UK based players for the next couple games.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:37:38 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 27, 2014, 02:32:49 AM »
while 190yo Alva Powell marshaled the defense...

And I thought Roger Milla was old!
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 27, 2014, 05:58:02 AM »
I seem to recall there being a Jamaica-specific thread.

Serbia — Vladimir Stojkovic, Branislav Ivanovic, Aleksandar Jolarov, Nemanja Pejcinovic, Nemanja Gudelj, Nemanja Matic (Radoslav Petrovic 86th), Milos Tojic, Dusan Tadic, Lazar Markovic (Dusan Basta 60th), Zoran Tosic, Aleksandar Mitrovic (Filip Dordevic 69th)

Subs not used: Zeljko Brkic, Dusan Tosic, Radoslav Petrovic, Filip Dordevic, Stefan Mitrovic.

In your haste ...

Anyhow, how many caps now is this for Simon Dawkins? He was sitting on his passport for quite some time before the JFF acted.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 27, 2014, 06:12:22 AM »

Serbia — Vladimir Stojkovic, Branislav Ivanovic, Aleksandar Jolarov, Nemanja Pejcinovic, Nemanja Gudelj, Nemanja Matic (Radoslav Petrovic 86th), Milos Tojic, Dusan Tadic, Lazar Markovic (Dusan Basta 60th), Zoran Tosic, Aleksandar Mitrovic (Filip Dordevic 69th)

Subs not used: Zeljko Brkic, Dusan Tosic, Radoslav Petrovic, Filip Dordevic, Stefan Mitrovic.

In your haste ...

Anyhow, how many caps now is this for Simon Dawkins? He was sitting on his passport for quite some time before the JFF acted.

The moderators here do a good job merging the various threads where they belong...Im sure they will sort it out shortly.

Highlights of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFnWVQL-aDM

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 27, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
I only caught snippets of the game in the 1st half - Serbia looked energetic to say the least. Serbia are ranked 30th, so to get 2-1 from that game isn't to be sniffed at, and they have players playing in the top leagues across teh world. Jamaica, on the other hand, fielded a youthful team to try and prepare for 2018, so really you have to be a little worried for us!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 27, 2014, 09:01:19 AM »

In your haste ...

The moderators here do a good job merging the various threads where they belong...Im sure they will sort it out shortly.

Highlights of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFnWVQL-aDM

Thanks for the vid. What about Dawkins?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: 2014 International Friendlies
« Reply #667 on: May 27, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
I only caught snippets of the game in the 1st half - Serbia looked energetic to say the least. Serbia are ranked 30th, so to get 2-1 from that game isn't to be sniffed at, and they have players playing in the top leagues across teh world. Jamaica, on the other hand, fielded a youthful team to try and prepare for 2018, so really you have to be a little worried for us!

worried for what? a full strength and properly prepared tt outfit can beat mexico and the us... why would i worry about ja losing 2-1, even with their full team we would still beat them.. we have a good coach this rounds with hopefully beenhakker as advisor... if anyone should worry is the rest of concacaf for the next wc qualifiers, we might put some licks on all the teams this rounds.. mark my words

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 27, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »
Agreed with Contro on this one. Jamdown done geh 1-0 then 2-0 from the Warriors. Go be even wuss next time.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 27, 2014, 11:29:58 AM »
I
Agreed with Contro on this one. Jamdown done geh 1-0 then 2-0 from the Warriors. Go be even wuss next time.

I understand the optimism, and I also do agree that you have a coach in place now that seems to be doing the right things for T&T football. Like you, I am also cautiously optimistic about my team's chances moving forward, as I do believe we have a coach in place who can take us places.

I see games vs Argentina, Serbia, France, Iran, Switzerland, Egypt, Columbia possibility of two Caribbean teams playing in the Copa in 2016 and Jamaica getting an invite to the 2015 edition in Chile as opportunity for growth and good platform for launching 2018 qualification program for both T&T and Jamaica...I am certain Haiti, despite their predicaments, are looking forward to 2018 as well....so too the central Americans.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/football-americas/tournaments/14716-jamaica-to-play-at-copa-america-2015-in-chile

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:45:13 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 27, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
Contro and Dreamer - I'm worried that they're blooding their youths early, and apparently sticking with them. They'll have 2/3 years experience on our youth players if they keep the unity. Moreover they looked a lot better against Serbia than they did against us. I'm being a little paranoid I'll readily admit that, and on our day we'll beat any team in CONCACAF - it's the other days I worry about!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #671 on: May 27, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
i thought de ttfa was wokin dem playin serbia the swiss egypt and france
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #672 on: May 27, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »
I

I understand the optimism, and I also do agree that you have a coach in place now that seems to be doing the right things for T&T football. Like you, I am also cautiously optimistic about my team's chances moving forward, as I do believe we have a coach in place who can take us places.

I see games vs Argentina, Serbia, France, Iran, Switzerland, Egypt, Columbia possibility of two Caribbean teams playing in the Copa in 2016 and Jamaica getting an invite to the 2015 edition in Chile as opportunity for growth and good platform for launching 2018 qualification program for both T&T and Jamaica...I am certain Haiti, despite their predicaments, are looking forward to 2018 as well....so too the central Americans.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/football-americas/tournaments/14716-jamaica-to-play-at-copa-america-2015-in-chile

i am happy for jamaican football, my 2nd team in the caribbean... caribbean football on the whole must grow.. 2 teams from the caribbean in the copa is good... trinidad will be one of those teams... hopefully jamaica as well..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #673 on: May 27, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »
Contro and Dreamer - I'm worried that they're blooding their youths early, and apparently sticking with them. They'll have 2/3 years experience on our youth players if they keep the unity. Moreover they looked a lot better against Serbia than they did against us. I'm being a little paranoid I'll readily admit that, and on our day we'll beat any team in CONCACAF - it's the other days I worry about!

that is good for us that jamaica are raising their game, it will just make us raise our game and have a stronger opponent to face and prepare with for 2018...

you are forgetting we have youths as well, a lot that are playing on the team and will be around for 2018...

Fear God... composure wins games, not paranoia

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 27, 2014, 11:48:24 PM »
i thought de ttfa was wokin dem playin serbia the swiss egypt and france

pal everybody gettin games so wasnt anythin special that we secured two. if we were in the hex we may have gotten more.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
Mexico vs Israel on ESPN 2 now.
I see Blanco and I get confused oui.

This Mexico side still have licks to get
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 29, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »

Worried !!!

95% of this same team get beat twice by a youthful T&T team also!!!

Worried??

Once we continue to prepare the right way, we will do very well.

Besides, Jamaica, can play all the game they want, but when de real test comes, they will drop all they local players and call de England B team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #677 on: May 29, 2014, 12:28:30 PM »
a T&T team with the right coaching staff headed by Hart and Beenhakker will take TT through to the 2018 WC... mark my words..

once we have a good coach and great prep we are set and nothing can stop us.. that is the fear in CONCACAF though they may not admit it.. is a well prepared TT team with a good coach.. they know once we have that we can beat anyone in the region hands down..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 29, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
Ah doh believe in the RETURN OF BEENIE ... at some point we might have to leggo the sentimentality of that association. Jes saying ...  ah not heavily invested in that Second Coming actually manifesting.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #679 on: May 29, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
Ah doh believe in the RETURN OF BEENIE ... at some point we might have to leggo the sentimentality of that association. Jes saying ...  ah not heavily invested in that Second Coming actually manifesting.

just a suggestion, i would prefer a local that has the ability, but that is hard to find, sadly Nakhid has moved on or he would be ideal but I doubt he would play 2nd fiddle...  :-\
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:16:39 PM by Controversial »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »
Switzerland 1-0 Jamaica

Josip Drmic scored a late winner as Switzerland warmed up for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with a 1-0 victory over Jamaica on Friday at the Swissporarena in Lucerne, Switzerland.

Drmic, a half-time substitute, hit the winner in the 84th minute, finishing with the outside of his foot from Blerim Dzemaili's pass. Despite scoring only once, Switzerland finished with 26 shots, including six on target, per ESPN FC.

For Drmic, however, it was a third international goal in two friendlies this year, according to the Associated Press (via SFGate.com). He also scored twice in Switzerland's 2-2 draw with Croatia in March.

Drmic's offensive production will serve as good news for the Swiss as they continue preparations for the World Cup.

Coach Ottmar Hitzfeld's side earned a top seed for the tournament and were drawn into Group E with Ecuador, France and Honduras.

When they arrive in Brazil, the Swiss will be hoping to improve on their group-stage exit from four years ago. While France would apparently pose the greatest threat this time around in the group stage, Switzerland will look to record a positive result in a potentially tricky opener on June 15 against Ecuador, who will have the advantage of playing on their home continent.

Up next for Hitzfeld's side is a match at home to Peru on Tuesday. Peru lost 3-0 to England on Friday.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:55:21 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2014, 06:12:59 PM »
Usual Jamaica.
Stodgy, lumbering and difficult to overcome in defense, not absorbing goals easily even against Mexico and USA.
However, unattractive, dull, boring, clumsy in attack and almost congenitally incapable of scoring more than 1 goal per six month period.
If there were a Caribbean all star team, probably no Jamaicans would qualify unless they had non Jakan or had Trini parerntage or were completely socialized outside of Jamdown like a John Barnes. Hopeless.
The only serious striker that I rated as homegrown from JA was that anger management needing cocaine addict who got busted in Hengland  and used to give T&T real hell in the Caribbean Cup.
His name  was ........ ahmm ....... Onandi Lowe. Since then ..... Nada other than British import Burton.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:23:27 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 30, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »
Ivory Coast looking like they meet each other on the bus for the first time.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
Usual Jamaica.
Stodgy, lumbering and difficult to overcome in defense, not absorbing goals easily even against Mexico and USA.
However, unattractive, dull, boring, clumsy in attack and almost congenitally incapable of scoring more than 1 goal per six month period.
If there were a Caribbean all star team, probably no Jamaicans would qualify unless they had non Jakan or had Trini parerntage or were completely socialized outside of Jamdown like a John Barnes. Hopeless.
The only serious striker that I rated as homegrown from JA was that anger management needing cocaine addict who got busted in Hengland  and used to give T&T real hell in the Caribbean Cup.
His name  was ........ ahmm ....... Onandi Lowe. Since then ..... Nada other than British import Burton.
This is an impressive assessment, to say the least. And to think that Lowe was better known as a defender.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Mexico vs Ecuado serious injury
« Reply #684 on: June 01, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 01, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »
Usual Jamaica.
five of the players who played vs Serbia and Switzerland has left camp and return to their respective clubs. The players will be replaced by players mostly from Jamaica premier league.  The forward line for the Egypt and France games will likely comprise 19 yo Micheal Seaton of dc united and 20 yo jamar Loza from Norwich. 22 yo keeper andre Blake has been a standout so far in games vs Serbia and Switzerland, unfortunately he is one of the five that were recalled by their clubs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:55:13 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico vs Ecuado serious injury
« Reply #686 on: June 01, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
Seen many of those. Yes it's bad to watch at. :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 01, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
A Ghanaian player got mash up yesterday too......out for 3 months...........
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 01, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
Watching Turkey vs. USA on ESPN right now... beautiful goal by Fabien Johnson off a give and go with Bradley.  Nice run, nice combination of passes, brilliant finish off the bounce for the US.  They should be down about 3-1 though... Turkey wasted at least three golden opportunities, including one point-blank inside the box, and a shot by Nuri Sahin off the outside of the post.  Sahin showing exactly why Liverpool got rid of him... waste of talent.  Turkey doing whatever they want against the US left side defense.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 01, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »
The Mexican came in real reckless.  Is a friendly why he lashin out so hard when he late? Stupid.
No WC for either player steups.

1]; } ?>