March 28, 2024, 10:39:33 PM

Author Topic: The International Friendlies Thread  (Read 121635 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil vs Ireland
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
Well I thought Brazil was just toying with the Irish,it even looked like a practice match and I think the Samba Boys just about broke sweat.Who is going to beat them,ask a stupid question. 8)

England
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
yeah yeah I still feel Alves and Miacon can play on the field together.It worked at the Confederation Cup. They really toy with the Irish today. Once they went into three player combination mode it was over for the Irish. The truth of the matter is I just have to get over meh boy teeths not getting the nod and move on. Dunga has done some good things with this team and the best is yet to come. Ah just want to see meh boy get in the final squad  ;D. Ent
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »
England go geh they arse wash way :rotfl:England need to handle on deh extra marital affairs before they could think bout any world cup :rotfl: Oh gosh ah just kicksing but ah serious about them not beating the Brazilians though ;D leh we go teeths
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 05:04:58 PM »
Well I thought Brazil was just toying with the Irish,it even looked like a practice match and I think the Samba Boys just about broke sweat.Who is going to beat them,ask a stupid question. 8)

England
Holland......................... :beermug:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »
You clearly only watched the second half  ::)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 International Friendlies
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
i vex meh boy grafite ent score...the combo between he, kaka and robinho for the goal was out of this freakin world...magic triangle indeed!  

who is this carlos eduardo yute tho?  my radars had not picked him up before but de man have real tools, had dem irish dancing on the wing.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »
i vex meh boy grafite ent score...the combo between he, kaka and robinho for the goal was out of this freakin world...magic triangle indeed!  

who is this carlos eduardo yute tho?  my radars had not picked him up before but de man have real tools, had dem irish dancing on the wing.

He playing for Hoffenhime in the Bundesliga for a couple of years now. Exciting team with plenty pace in it. He scores goals as well from the midfield.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »
Brazil started flat and the Irish were the more interested team in the earlies...actually looked like they were going to give Brazil a run for their money esp in the 1st 20 mins.  Once Brazil found their shape and got more compact in the middle Ireland started to lose their way.  If that wasn't enough, the unlucky (unfair) goal knocked the wind out of Ireland totally, and they stepped out for the 2nd half like they were playing the game for the first time.  With Brazil in the ascendancy and shifting into 5th gear, it was only the Gods of pity that prevented a humiliation....Could have easily been 4 OR 5-0.  In the end quality is quality, and only one team really had it.  Ramires has to get relegated to the bench... tremendous athlete, but technically he is not Brazil start XI quality- had a strong 1st 2 games in the CONFED cup, but looked kinda overwhelmed after that.  He was poor today as well.  Maicon & Dani Alves hadda run riot on the right side.

Still think there is room for Ronaldinho in the team- When Ireland was fresh and was able to get numbers behind the ball, Brazil really struggled to connect the dots...on the flip side, a few times today Brazil were rolling like freight train, linking the moving parts at speed like no other and it was really scary.  Put them in camp pre tournament to tighten the screws, and add a few names to the roster (R10 ;D), and it will take a lot to beat the Samba....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 09:37:49 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
WEDNESDAY, March 3

ESPN2
International Friendly NETHERLANDS-USA (live) 2:30 pm. EST

GALAVISION
International Friendly NETHERLANDS-USA (live) 2:30 pm.

GOL TV
International Friendly GERMANY-ARGENTINA (live) 2:45 pm.
International Friendly ITALY-CAMEROON (delay) 4:45 pm.

TELEMUNDO
International Friendly MEXICO-NEW ZEALAND (live) 11 pm.

MUN2
International Friendly MEXICO-NEW ZEALAND (live) 11 pm.

FOX SOCCER PLUS
International Friendly ENGLAND-EGYPT (live) 3 pm.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
Gol TV is re-running the Ger-Arg game at 8, and the Ita- Cam game at 10, just in case yuh forgot to set your DVRs this morning (like me  ;D)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »
Sportsmax showing the Germany vs Argentina from 3:45pm TT Time

England team to play Egypt:
1905: Here's the England team then: Green, Brown, Upson, Terry, Baines, Walcott, Lampard Barry, Gerrard, Rooney, Defoe.

Fans reaction:
1911: I'm not Fabio Capello. That much we know. But perhaps Walcott's selection over Milner is a chance for the Arsenal forward to prove he deserves a place in the squad? Milner is already on the plane, I would think.

From keeaannoo on 606: "What has Walcott done this season to start in front of Milner?"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
Sportsmax showing the Germany vs Argentina from 3:45pm TT Time

England team to play Egypt:
1905: Here's the England team then: Green, Brown, Upson, Terry, Baines, Walcott, Lampard Barry, Gerrard, Rooney, Defoe.

Fans reaction:
1911: I'm not Fabio Capello. That much we know. But perhaps Walcott's selection over Milner is a chance for the Arsenal forward to prove he deserves a place in the squad? Milner is already on the plane, I would think.

From keeaannoo on 606: "What has Walcott done this season to start in front of Milner?"

Those fans obviously not very smart.

Milner is guaranteed to make the flight to SA. Is only a question of whether he starting or not. Walcott on the other hand is on thin ice. If Beckham is going and Lennon is fit and Capello goes with an extra striker he might not make the squad.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »
They need to think things out... Spot on JDB.. he's basically giving Walcott his final chance

Hart should have gotten the start... Green is tried and trusted and possibly the number 1..but Hart and James should have played a half each

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »
Where the hell the US get that uniform?

US defenders really limited boy. Not playing out the back at all and Holland giving them nuff room to.

Torres almost string up Howard.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »
I'm liking the black and gold Germany's using

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 02:29:36 PM »
Where the hell the US get that uniform?

US defenders really limited boy. Not playing out the back at all and Holland giving them nuff room to.

Torres almost string up Howard.

there she is...Ms. Americaaaaa....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »
Hengland playing level toots...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
The African champions showing England how to keep the ball,nice little short passing and breaking quick,nice goal too.England should win 2-1 though.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 03:36:53 PM »
The African champions showing England how to keep the ball,nice little short passing and breaking quick,nice goal too.England should win 2-1 though.

ah see yuh consult manning seer woman...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »

ah see yuh consult manning seer woman...

no doubt

Well, Germany had chances to equalize, Ballack missed a header and Cacau had a nice feed from Ballack, had a nice clear shot, but went way over bar.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Match report for TnT Friendly March 3rd 2010
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
ah wake up dis mornin feeling good saying..leh me go a watch ah nice game in de stadium..

i ey care who we playing ah jess going down....so ah watch some Gemany vz Argentina..some England vz Eygpt and ah ah say small mag leh we go now to beat de traffic and de crowd

we put on we old 2006 WC kits...ah ask SM if we launching we new kit today like England,France,Germany and dem ah... he say of course...nice ah cyar wait tuh see de kit

ah find we reach de stadium wit no traffic..say wha..we lucky... no crowd...more luck...nice
so we go in...believe it or not...free...ah say weey ??..free???...well dais for all de money we pay for the failed 2010 campaign...nice...

de place empty... ah ask small mag if he sure is a 7 pm kick off ??...he say yes...ok...cool
ask him if he sure is de stadium and if Jack move it to de Marvin Lee ??..he steups and say cool it nah..relax...cool

ah find it funny we did not warm up....say what...latas never like dem ting anyhow...

7'05 no match yet...7;17..nothing...7'30...wey de ass is dis man...

so ah see ah stadium janitor and ah ask him  bout de match....he say call Oliver Camps and ask him...i say me eh have Capms number...he say hole orn...and geh meh Camps number.
.is ah land line eh... is 622 C#NT...so i dial it...ah hearing somebody on de next line...and ah asking if TnT have a match like the rest of the world on dis FIFA date,,,is ah next man telling Camps what to say...
and then Camps finaly say..."me eh know"...ah say "Buh wha de mudder c#nt is dis "....then ah ask him when is we next match...and de man tell him to say "me eh know"

ah say small mag...let we go home and watch some tnt vz Sweden 2006 DVD yes...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Match report for TnT Friendly March 3rd 2010
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »
We better get ah friendly at the next break...otherwise we go have to go look for BM in St Anns oui  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
Yuh miss the match man. . .it play in the Oval. The bess part was a link up play which started when the T&T Keeper (M Philips chest trap a bullet from the Grenadian forward, make three step overs and lay it off to Cupid who make a bicycle kick pass to C. Edwards who then beat bout twelve men on both sides of the pitch before setting up Jones for a volley buh he chip it up instead to head it home for the 4-0 lead. That was ball. Ah say wheys boy Latas starting off wicked, jed.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 05:13:33 PM »
We better get ah friendly at the next break...otherwise we go have to go look for BM in St Anns oui  :devil:

Big Up!

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »
FYI...CONCACAF teams playing friendlies today.

Turkey 2 - Honduras 0
Netherlands 2 - USA 1
Venezuela - Panama, 6:55 pm ET
El Salvador - Guatemala, 11 pm ET
New Zealand - Mexico, 11pm ET
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
FYI...CONCACAF teams playing friendlies today.

Turkey 2 - Honduras 0
Netherlands 2 - USA 1
Venezuela - Panama, 6:55 pm ET
El Salvador - Guatemala, 11 pm ET
New Zealand - Mexico, 11pm ET

Salt in wounds
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »
We could have had a Friendly today fuh real... versus anybody.. They could have announced Latapy as the coach last week and give him a local squad to play a Caribbean team today... just to play

Sad Sad

AirMan

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
Alot of people sleeping on Argentina and ready to write them off because they struggle to qualify..Germany learned their lesson today

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
We could have had a Friendly today fuh real... versus anybody.. They could have announced Latapy as the coach last week and give him a local squad to play a Caribbean team today... just to play

Sad Sad

Sorry to say we're always behind it wont go away it's part of our culture get use to it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:02:26 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 03:22:48 AM »
davyjenny1,you are so right about our attitude about leaving things for another day,almost all the Trinis I know are "leave nah we go do it to-morrow",not when it comes to women and party though.We are "last minute dot com" in almost everything else.I have lived in England for so long but I am the same,we like it that way,why do to-day what you can put off for another day.

1]; } ?>