April 27, 2024, 12:01:11 PM

Author Topic: The International Friendlies Thread  (Read 122880 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 International Friendlies
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2011, 11:18:41 AM »
Neymar incident mars Brazil win

March 27, 2011
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Brazil star Neymar is at the centre of a racism row after a banana was thrown on to the field during his country's 2-0 victory over Scotland at the Emirates Stadium.

Press Pass Extra: Neymar shines
• Scotland 0-2 Brazil
• Ancelotti and Mancini scout Neymar
• Adams: Neymar makes his name

The alleged incident took place as the 19-year-old was preparing to take a penalty to score his second of two goals during Sunday's match.

Speaking afterwards, Neymar accused some spectators of racially abusing him, a claim also made by team-mate Lucas Leiva, who television pictures reportedly showed retrieving the banana.

Neymar said: "I feel great and scored two but what happened with the banana is sad. I don't want to make a big deal of it. I was running down the touchline in the second half and saw it but I didn't see where it came from.''

Santos forward Neymar, who has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea, said on Brazilian television channel Sportv: "They were jeering me a lot, even when I was about to kick the penalty. The entire stadium was jeering. This atmosphere of racism is totally sad.

"We leave our country to play here and something like this happens. It's sad. I'd rather not even talk about it, to keep the subject from escalating.''

Sunday's match was played at a neutral venue in England and it is unclear whether the banana was thrown by a supporter of either side or a neutral.

The Scottish Football Association have strongly refuted claims that Scotland fans - the Tartan Army - had any involvement and a spokesperson said: "There has been no such incident reported to the police or the stadium safety officer. In fact, the tens of thousands of Scotland supporters who travelled to the Emirates were commended for their behaviour.

"The Scotland supporters are known the world over for their impeccable behaviour and we have no reason to believe that, after speaking to the relevant authorities, they have been anything other than exemplary.

"The Scotland fans helped create a wonderful spectacle inside the Emirates and throughout London and should be applauded for their support.''

Neymar's Brazilian team-mate Lucas, who plays his club football at Liverpool, said: "There is no more space for racism in the world. They say it's the first world here in Europe, but it's where it happens the most. That has to change. Everybody is equal today. It's a matter of respect.''

Brazil manager Mano Menezes and Scotland boss Craig Levein both denied any knowledge of the incident. Menezes said: "If it happened, that would be lamentable but it has not been confirmed yet.''

Tartan Army spokesman Hamish Husband strongly denied the jeering of Neymar was racially motivated. He said: "The reason Neymar was booed was because we believed he was feigning injury. Racism has no place in the Tartan Army, and if it did, it would be stamped out immediately, because we are self-policing.

"Any suggestion of racism from the Tartan Army today, as far as I am concerned, is absolute tosh. We accept that Brazil played us off the park, and we applauded them for that.''

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
We don't need no stinking international friendlies, we have Jack "The strongman of TnT" Warner. Yuh heard?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2011, 11:54:10 AM »
We just need to finish 4th and everything go be alright. JW will be a hero again and everyone happy like pappy.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »
Neymar incident mars Brazil win

March 27, 2011
Email Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff
Brazil star Neymar is at the centre of a racism row after a banana was thrown on to the field during his country's 2-0 victory over Scotland at the Emirates Stadium.

Press Pass Extra: Neymar shines
• Scotland 0-2 Brazil
• Ancelotti and Mancini scout Neymar
• Adams: Neymar makes his name

The alleged incident took place as the 19-year-old was preparing to take a penalty to score his second of two goals during Sunday's match.

Speaking afterwards, Neymar accused some spectators of racially abusing him, a claim also made by team-mate Lucas Leiva, who television pictures reportedly showed retrieving the banana.

Neymar said: "I feel great and scored two but what happened with the banana is sad. I don't want to make a big deal of it. I was running down the touchline in the second half and saw it but I didn't see where it came from.''

Santos forward Neymar, who has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea, said on Brazilian television channel Sportv: "They were jeering me a lot, even when I was about to kick the penalty. The entire stadium was jeering. This atmosphere of racism is totally sad.

"We leave our country to play here and something like this happens. It's sad. I'd rather not even talk about it, to keep the subject from escalating.''

Sunday's match was played at a neutral venue in England and it is unclear whether the banana was thrown by a supporter of either side or a neutral.

The Scottish Football Association have strongly refuted claims that Scotland fans - the Tartan Army - had any involvement and a spokesperson said: "There has been no such incident reported to the police or the stadium safety officer. In fact, the tens of thousands of Scotland supporters who travelled to the Emirates were commended for their behaviour.

"The Scotland supporters are known the world over for their impeccable behaviour and we have no reason to believe that, after speaking to the relevant authorities, they have been anything other than exemplary.

"The Scotland fans helped create a wonderful spectacle inside the Emirates and throughout London and should be applauded for their support.''

Neymar's Brazilian team-mate Lucas, who plays his club football at Liverpool, said: "There is no more space for racism in the world. They say it's the first world here in Europe, but it's where it happens the most. That has to change. Everybody is equal today. It's a matter of respect.''

Brazil manager Mano Menezes and Scotland boss Craig Levein both denied any knowledge of the incident. Menezes said: "If it happened, that would be lamentable but it has not been confirmed yet.''

Tartan Army spokesman Hamish Husband strongly denied the jeering of Neymar was racially motivated. He said: "The reason Neymar was booed was because we believed he was feigning injury. Racism has no place in the Tartan Army, and if it did, it would be stamped out immediately, because we are self-policing.

"Any suggestion of racism from the Tartan Army today, as far as I am concerned, is absolute tosh. We accept that Brazil played us off the park, and we applauded them for that.''

...Is a arsenal fan dat trow it!  Dem eh want he come and play fuh chelsea at ALL!!!  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England vs Black Stars
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
Ghana legend Appiah unhappy at 'disrespectful' England

Former Ghana captain Stephen Appiah says Fabio Capello's decision to rest senior England players for Tuesday's friendly is disrespectful. England manager Capello has defended sending five key men back to their clubs ahead of the Wembley sell-out.

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney and Michael Dawson will not face Ghana, having started in Saturday's victory over Wales. But Appiah, 30, told BBC Sport: "It's like they are underrating the game."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
what time de game starting??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
what time de game starting??

Is half-time ahready
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »
Forget dat. Netherlands Hungary is 5-3 and is only 81st minute. This I have to see!
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
ASAMOAH GYAN!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
Yuh know, I've enjoyed watching England play their last couple games. Too much time on my hands. Must be really bored.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
anylinks for the USA vs Paraguay game?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
Yuh know, I've enjoyed watching England play their last couple games. Too much time on my hands. Must be really bored.

I doh care what nobody say I still love my England football... they played a little too direct at times for my liking, but in the first half they looked really good.  Not so in the second half, kudos to Ghana for taking it to them.  Hard not to feel a certain kinship with Ghana... Asamoah Gyan, what a player.  If there was one man on that field tonite who deserve a goal it was him.

Some players who stood out for me:

Jolian Lescott- I could only interpret his replacing Glen Johnson at the half as an audition to get back into the dialogue, because tonight it surely wasn't on merit.  Gyan didn't abuse him, but he keep him busy and got past him far too easily on the goal.

Glen Johnson- solid first half, not spectacular.  I thought it was a little bizarre to see him on the bench (showered presumably) in suit and tie in the second half.

Jack Wilshere- a boss player.  Not an outstanding night, but a very good shift in both halves

Andy Carroll- obviously still rounding back into form, but nice solid shift, capped off by the goal

Stuart Downing- a well-deserved MOM, although Gyan would have gotten it had his heroics not come so late.  Nice touch with the outside of the left heel to settle for Carroll

Ashley Young- profligate in front of goal... too many wasted opportunities including pulling off a Maxi (Rodriguez) right in front ah goal.

Phil Jagielka- we won't be seeing him in an England shirt for quite some time... what an adventure on the pitch for him, whole night too.

Leighton Baines- what a nice player, a definite keeper for England... really coming into his own this season for Everton too.

Lol@ Danny Welbeck getting booed by the Ghanaian partisans (he being the son of Ghanaian immigrants).

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:12 AM »
Paraguay beats USA 1-0 in friendly

The Americans remain winless this year in three games. Still, coach Bob Bradley sees playing two games within four days as good preparation for the CONCACAF Gold Cup this June.

"We really hadn't had a good chance to be together with most of our core guys since the World Cup," Bradley said Tuesday night after Oscar Cardozo's 18th-minute goal gave Paraguay a 1-0 exhibition win.

"So this is important as far as refocusing ourselves, building on the things that we've done but having an understanding now of what things need to be a little different ... what's going to stay the same, what's going to be different. When you get together after a lot of months just seeing form wise where everybody is."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2011, 07:54:40 AM »

Was a snoozer....also very scrappy.  USA trying out new blood for the GC, and Paraguay is just always an ugly team.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »
What really bothers me (I have been very vocal on this issue) is that T&T aint playing no friendlies. If you guys think that we will be prepared for WC qualifying by playing St Kitts, St Vincent, Grenada and Guyana....We will be eliminated by the first round of qualifying.

Us who post here really need to get behind the TTFF to get some quality games before WC qualifying. I am surprised that there are not much threads discussing this. If our next game is against any Caribbean teams (with the exception of JA) I will start looking forward to 2018. No gold cup for T&T is related to the quality of matches that we are playing. Every international break I see JA playing decent teams. We do a service for Grenada, St Kitts and whoever else when we play them. In other words we raise their football level and lower ours.

We need to have a thread on why T&T aint playing any friendlies instead of this one. No disrespect to the person who created this thread. But I would rather have a thread that can increase visibility of this situation instead of one that features all the other teams.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2011, 06:33:09 PM »
What really bothers me (I have been very vocal on this issue) is that T&T aint playing no friendlies. If you guys think that we will be prepared for WC qualifying by playing St Kitts, St Vincent, Grenada and Guyana....We will be eliminated by the first round of qualifying.

Us who post here really need to get behind the TTFF to get some quality games before WC qualifying. I am surprised that there are not much threads discussing this. If our next game is against any Caribbean teams (with the exception of JA) I will start looking forward to 2018. No gold cup for T&T is related to the quality of matches that we are playing. Every international break I see JA playing decent teams. We do a service for Grenada, St Kitts and whoever else when we play them. In other words we raise their football level and lower ours.

We need to have a thread on why T&T aint playing any friendlies instead of this one. No disrespect to the person who created this thread. But I would rather have a thread that can increase visibility of this situation instead of one that features all the other teams.

You need to go to the minister of transport in TT and hit him a clout over he f--king head. If that doh do the trick, then look forward to 2018, maybe!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »

Was a snoozer....also very scrappy.  USA trying out new blood for the GC, and Paraguay is just always an ugly team.

That game was terrible. Donovan like he did not want to play, Dempsey looked real tired and Bradley and Edu cyah cut it going forward. That team had no creativity at all and they looked very disinterested in the game. No kinda communication on the field. They were just going through the motion. Wasted my money and got wet for nothing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »

You need to go to the minister of transport in TT and hit him a clout over he f--king head. If that doh do the trick, then look forward to 2018, maybe!

I dont think that go work. lol. Its more complicated than a clout.

AirMan

United States vs Mexico
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
LIVE on ESPN tonight 9pm ET. Klinsman first game as head coach. Sell out crowd, and strong support for the US team in Pennsyvania.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/09/united-states-vs-mexico-on-espn2-and-espn3-com/99953/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:42:55 PM by AirMan »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: United States vs Mexico
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »
Dat game will be played in Philadelphia so its not a facto home game for Mexico. THIS TIME we will most likely see more home support for the home team and not the other way around like previous games between these two countries

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
will be watching  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »
Go Mexico!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »
USA will win this.. Mexico eh ready for the KINGS-MAN

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
USA will win this.. Mexico eh ready for the KINGS-MAN

Like you forget this "KINGS-MAN" still leading ah army of serfs... Mayheeco should wax that ass.

AirMan

« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »
I am just glad Edson Buddle back in the US team..ah wonder if all the mexicans by the border will make this trip  :devil:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »
Bradley son still in the line-up for the US??? :devil:

1]; } ?>