March 28, 2024, 12:20:54 PM

Author Topic: The International Friendlies Thread  (Read 121620 times)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA vs. Brazil - May 30, 2012
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »
That Brazil defense has a lot of work to do if they want to make it far in the World Cup two years from now.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »
Marcelo belt ah man in the left back position and then get up the field and fire one at the goal.

Marcelo is man of de match hands down.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
Side note:  Been telling ah partner of mine for the longest that Marcelo is de biggest a**hole yuh could find.  Way too temperamental.  Been observing him for some time.  The US do look a bit more creative and less robotic in their style of play.  You get the impression that Klinsmann has made it his biz to try to get them to express themselves.  Man, Brazil is blessed with GKs; never thought I'd be saying that in my lifetime, but they have at least 5 that are capable of being the #1. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
Productive day at the office
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
That Brazil defense has a lot of work to do if they want to make it far in the World Cup two years from now.

Remember, this is Brazil Olympic team so it still have man to come tru...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Fed-Ex field is the perfoct football stadium. If only it had a metro close by.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 30, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »
Marcelo belt ah man in the left back position and then get up the field and fire one at the goal.

Marcelo is man of de match hands down.

Very true

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 30, 2012, 08:02:53 PM »
I like how Brazil did not humiliate the US, it could have been much worse.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 30, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »

De Metro right dey, Morgan Boulevard is de closest.
 Is reallllll pressure to leave if yuh park in de stadium lot.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2012, 08:10:17 PM »
I like how Brazil did not humiliate the US, it could have been much worse.

Man thought they reach cause dey hit Scotland 5. Stupessss.
Klinsmann talk bout he could unlock Brazil.... ;D he lucky dem men pull up.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2012, 08:14:46 PM »
Man, Brazil is blessed with GKs; never thought I'd be saying that in my lifetime, but they have at least 5 that are capable of being the #1. 

Yuh been sleepin' Jed.....they been churning out some top GK's in numbers now for at least the past 8 years or so.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »
Who remember Cláudio Taffarel  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »

MISTER Claudio Andres Taffarel to you, buddy!  :D  The man who started getting people's attention and "disspelling the myth", if you will, that Brazil could not produce good GK's.....Dida was following right behind.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 30, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
Man, Brazil is blessed with GKs; never thought I'd be saying that in my lifetime, but they have at least 5 that are capable of being the #1. 

Yuh been sleepin' Jed.....they been churning out some top GK's in numbers now for at least the past 8 years or so.

Ah know, been tracking these fellas for about 8-10 years now, but I can't help but remember when I was a youth that the analysts would always point to the GK position as the weak link in the team.  Now, Brazil exporting GKs like crazy.  The GK that finished the game for Brazil tonight, Rafael, is probably the next to be snapped up.  He's been compared to Julio Caesar by many.  He looked real sharp tonight on debut.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 30, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »

Ah know, been tracking these fellas for about 8-10 years now, but I can't help but remember when I was a youth that the analysts would always point to the GK position as the weak link in the team.  Now, Brazil exporting GKs like crazy.  The GK that finished the game for Brazil tonight, Rafael, is probably the next to be snapped up.  He's been compared to Julio Caesar by many.  He looked real sharp tonight on debut.

Sometimes I think that Brazilians were so friggin' talented that they were responsible for making their own GK's look like crap!  Is as if it was really all an illusion that other countries didn't seem to have such a wide gap between their own outfield players and their GK's that it made the Brazilians look that bad. :D  But seriously, though, men like Felix, Peres (the biggest shithong of them all!!  >:( ) and Carlos, they really were lacking but the emergence f Taffarel really spawned a new era for them.  Brazil does really produce SO MANY talented players that if you tried to track their progress through the various FIFA tournaments your head would friggin' spin!  The U-19 WC team from any given year might only have 1 or 2 players that featured in the U-17 WC from 2 years prior anf then you will see them send a completely different 23-man squad to play in them usa nike tournaments, it's really mind-boggling sometimes and it applies to their GK's as well.  They had 2 on Roma's books when Doni was the starter, 1 featuring for Porto, had 1 in the English league (Championship) a couple years ago....some years back I see they had one playing in Russia, I think, and their was the one that had get a lil' CL shine for Benfica.....it have a NEX' "Julio Cesar" (sp) saving for one of the clubs in the Brazilian league and a while back, I was tracking one named "Renan" who was a brilliant young 'keeper fuh dem in the '05 U-20 WC (until Messi skin 'im out in the semi's) who was playing in Spain, only to find out there was another 'keeper of the same name playing in Brazil.....ah cyah keep up wit dem no more, ah give up!   :laugh:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 30, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »

Sometimes I think that Brazilians were so friggin' talented that they were responsible for making their own GK's look like crap!  Is as if it was really all an illusion that other countries didn't seem to have such a wide gap between their own outfield players and their GK's that it made the Brazilians look that bad. :D  But seriously, though, men like Felix, Peres (the biggest shithong of them all!!  >:( ) and Carlos, they really were lacking but the emergence f Taffarel really spawned a new era for them.  Brazil does really produce SO MANY talented players that if you tried to track their progress through the various FIFA tournaments your head would friggin' spin!  The U-19 WC team from any given year might only have 1 or 2 players that featured in the U-17 WC from 2 years prior anf then you will see them send a completely different 23-man squad to play in them usa nike tournaments, it's really mind-boggling sometimes and it applies to their GK's as well.  They had 2 on Roma's books when Doni was the starter, 1 featuring for Porto, had 1 in the English league (Championship) a couple years ago....some years back I see they had one playing in Russia, I think, and their was the one that had get a lil' CL shine for Benfica.....it have a NEX' "Julio Cesar" (sp) saving for one of the clubs in the Brazilian league and a while back, I was tracking one named "Renan" who was a brilliant young 'keeper fuh dem in the '05 U-20 WC (until Messi skin 'im out in the semi's) who was playing in Spain, only to find out there was another 'keeper of the same name playing in Brazil.....ah cyah keep up wit dem no more, ah give up!   :laugh:

80 million people.

If yuh not rich....is either yuh play football or sell drugs.

Dem ting does happen. Brazil talent pool is RIDICULOUS.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 30, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »

80 million people.

...and hear nuh, it is really something much, much more than the sheer numbers and circumstances eh, because when yuh compare their 80M to the usa's 300+ and leh we doh talk bout India and China it have enough poverty to go round in all them spots, too.  Dem Brazilians is just a special breed ah people in trute, Jed, ah could only smdh.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 30, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

MISTER Claudio Andres Taffarel to you, buddy!  :D  The man who started getting people's attention and "disspelling the myth", if you will, that Brazil could not produce good GK's.....Dida was following right behind.

Taffarel was a shitong..

Or at least lemme say, i never really rate him. He had one good tourney, USA 94 where he pull out some good saves but he was a shaky, error prone keeper imo. He only get a setta pips because he was the best of a poor lot of Brazilian keepers at the time.

Dida for me was the one who usher in a good generation of Brazilian keepers. Similarly, Brazil had no good central defenders back then and Aldair and Roque Junior was actually getting pips before Juan and Lucio came on the scene.

A Brazilian keeper i wouldve liked to see get more play was Rogerio Ceni if only because he was like a Chilavert taking free kick and ting.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »

Taffarel was a shitong..

Or at least lemme say, i never really rate him. He had one good tourney, USA 94 where he pull out some good saves but he was a shaky, error prone keeper imo. He only get a setta pips because he was the best of a poor lot of Brazilian keepers at the time.

Dida for me was the one who usher in a good generation of Brazilian keepers. Similarly, Brazil had no good central defenders back then and Aldair and Roque Junior was actually getting pips before Juan and Lucio came on the scene.

A Brazilian keeper i wouldve liked to see get more play was Rogerio Ceni if only because he was like a Chilavert taking free kick and ting.

He was good enough to go abroad and play in the Italian league (prior to '94) and that is a country that don't now and didn't back then, have a shortage of good GK's so he couldn'ta been no shithong, Jed.  And if yuh want to know the truth, as much as I liked Dida myself, he wasn't exactly the poster boy for error-free Brazilian goalkeeping, either but ah feel we go end up agreein' to disagree on dat one.   I also think we sometimes tend to get carried away with using whether or not a GK has "good" defenders in front of them to rate them over/below another 'keeper and yuh cyah always do that.  Yuh could have great defenders in front of you and look great and still be a shithong.  I woulda liked to see more of Ceni in the Brazilian team, as well, but it never worked out that way.  Another one I really came to like was Marcos.  He completely came out of NO WHERE to take the No.1 spot in 2002 that I initially felt had belonged to Dida.....but he ended up showing he was a solid 'keeper and pulled of some nice saves the very few times he had to that end up makin' meh cool meh herbs and give him he props.   

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 30, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »

80 million people.

205 million...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »

80 million people.

205 million...

Shucks I mix up the area. Cool thanks.

Even more ridiculous. My brethrin gone across there to work for a few weeks. I tell him this a once in a life time opportunity...if he get brazil gyal....she skill genes should be strong enough to override his own so that his child might actually be able to play football.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »
Football is king and queen. Yes they have b-ball, volleyball and car racing is very popular. Yes they play cricket and baseball, but................

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 31, 2012, 01:45:19 AM »
My team got a good ass whooping.. This coach gotta go though. No team in the world can run wid brazil. USA suppose to play a defensive game and look for the counter attack... bad coaching .... was a decent game ... also this could have should have .....please , 4-1 is the final socre ....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 International Friendlies.
« Reply #563 on: May 31, 2012, 05:47:42 AM »

Taffarel was a shitong..

He was good enough to go abroad and play in the Italian league (prior to '94) and that is a country that don't now and didn't back then, have a shortage of good GK's so he couldn'ta been no shithong, Jed.  And if yuh want to know the truth, as much as I liked Dida myself, he wasn't exactly the poster boy for error-free Brazilian goalkeeping, either but ah feel we go end up agreein' to disagree on dat one.   I also think we sometimes tend to get carried away with using whether or not a GK has "good" defenders in front of them to rate them over/below another 'keeper and yuh cyah always do that.  Yuh could have great defenders in front of you and look great and still be a shithong.  I woulda liked to see more of Ceni in the Brazilian team, as well, but it never worked out that way.  Another one I really came to like was Marcos.  He completely came out of NO WHERE to take the No.1 spot in 2002 that I initially felt had belonged to Dida.....but he ended up showing he was a solid 'keeper and pulled of some nice saves the very few times he had to that end up makin' meh cool meh herbs and give him he props.   

Well when i say Taffarel was a shitong, i talking in relative terms.. I really didn't find he was all that for Parma either, and as you said the Italian league had a plethora of great goalkeepers at the time like Pagliuca, Marceghiani, Toldo, Rossi, Peruzzi, Tagliatella. But back then, from my memory he never really used to figure in a discussion about the best goalkeepers in Serie A.

The man used to fumble the ball and used to get some jokey goal now and then. He used to have some great games too but I never really thought he was consistent or inspired great confidence. If i had to compare him to anyone, i would compare him to Barthez (although Barthez was much worse).

Also i thought he played on a lil too long, he shouldn't have been at that 1998 world cup starting before Dida but then I guess the proof is in the pudding as he reach all the way to the final.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 31, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
Taffarel was very good... kicking technique was exquisite.  Toward the end of his career he had one or two instances where he would get caught in no-man's land but to say he was error prone is harsh for me.  In both WC '90 and '94 he was very solid....Also at the time he broke into the Serie A I believe he was one of the first, if not the first int'l goalkeeper to play in the Serie A....remember dem days had lots of restrictions on int'l players... He is also renowned to be a ridiculous pk stopper at the youth levels - def a Brazilian keeper of legendary status domestically. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 31, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
i like the us left back fabian johnson...very composed, technical player.  no he is not the best lb in the bundesliga (that honor belongs to alaba) but he skilful...good pickup klinsy!
Yea Dred, this yuteman have real skill and ball sense. He should have a bright future.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
ah like RFK better.... ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 31, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
Allyuh does real gobble up soundbites jed....real skilful?

That US left back from last night is a standard left back in the modern game...He wasn't special.  He just did his job.

He might be very good, but last night's game to me he was just normal - Klinnsman rate up de man, Darke and Twellman exploit the soundbite and now allyuh just gobbling it up lol ... Wha he do that was so special?  what real skill did he show? Do you know that he is older than Marcelo? (Brazil's left back)... Who was the more special left back last night?   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 31, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »

80 million people.

205 million...

ah was wondering if somebody was going to correct that. Brazil and Nigeria have about the same population and I know Nigeria have well over 100 Million.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
Allyuh does real gobble up soundbites jed....real skilful?

That US left back from last night is a standard left back in the modern game...He wasn't special.  He just did his job.

He might be very good, but last night's game to me he was just normal - Klinnsman rate up de man, Darke and Twellman exploit the soundbite and now allyuh just gobbling it up lol ... Wha he do that was so special? what real skill did he show? Do you know that he is older than Marcelo? (Brazil's left back)... Who was the more special left back last night?   

Shake he marker and made ah great pass to assist the lone US goal.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:47:00 PM by Pointman »

1]; } ?>